• Page

of 129 First / Last

• fletch7100 4 Sep 2013 15:41:56 7,133 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 4 years ago
  • Electrovideo 4 Sep 2013 16:49:45 17 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 12 months ago
    Looks so good, sitting proudly on top of my most wanted list. can we pre-order the console version yet?
  • convercide 4 Sep 2013 17:01:25 5,975 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Wow, that DLC looks amazing. Just doing my Classic Ironman play through at the moment. Month 1 is going ok. Lost 3 guys but no major panic yet. I'm expecting at least one country to go bye bye before the end of month 2. Tank Face is my main heavy in this playthrough. I get too much enjoyment giving my squad silly names. My easy playthrough had Meow Meow the godlike sniper.

If you can read this, you don't need glasses.

• LeoliansBro 4 Sep 2013 17:03:09 43,654 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    NEVER name your squad after friends.

It leads to you having to make choices you never wanted to face. It's heartbreaking.

LB, you really are a massive geek.

• RedSparrows 4 Sep 2013 17:08:32 22,231 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Fuck it, I take pleasure in it!

OOOHH I'M SOOOO EVILLLLL
  • El_MUERkO 4 Sep 2013 23:20:55 16,970 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    @LeoliansBro died heroically when he fired danger close Rocket at an Ethereal, the next turn he would have been mind controlled and he wasn't going to go out like that!

:sniff:
  • Bremenacht 4 Sep 2013 23:52:26 17,687 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    'El_MUERkO' sat behind a tree and smoked fine cigars while 'RedSparrows' took out all the Elite Mutons with guided Simon Schama tomes. It was a breeze.
  • dunny 5 Sep 2013 06:29:38 434 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Am I right in understanding there is no new campaign in enemy within? As in you will be playing on the new maps and with the new abilities/units in the same story mode?
  • THFourteen 5 Sep 2013 07:47:25 33,102 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    LeoliansBro wrote:
    NEVER name your squad after friends.

It leads to you having to make choices you never wanted to face. It's heartbreaking.
    If they are like my friends, i guess the choice is which one do you throw under a bus first if you cant do all at once ;-)
  • LeoliansBro 5 Sep 2013 08:53:37 43,654 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Yep, same story but 40 new maps and a ton of new equipment and adversaries as well as the old one. Kinda the ultimate version of the first game.

And given the plot is more throwaway than a Nintendo game and it is your actions and the soldiers in your care that are the real narrative, I don't see that as being a problem. Especially with the randomness thrown in with the update to the first game.

• El_MUERkO 5 Sep 2013 12:36:50 16,970 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I hope the Mech can punch larger enemies through things like walls, then it could do two things at once, kill an enemy and breach a building :D

I'm also hoping to have a little more freedom with the camera this time, on some maps, inside crashed ships for example, it could very hard to select the square you wanted someone to move to.
  • El_MUERkO 5 Sep 2013 12:43:00 16,970 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Dare you try IMPOSSIBLE IRONMAN? /peal of thunder

also

Then he showed me another video where he had positioned ten sectoids around to a car, and punches another sectoid into the car and all ten blow up…
    \o/

Edited by El_MUERkO at 12:46:15 05-09-2013
  • El_MUERkO 12 Sep 2013 02:05:50 16,970 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Playing Classic Ironman this week, got a really good start, lost a few soldiers but never wiped. Did the Base tonight, my Assault with the Arc was taken down to one health early in the mission, covered them all the way to the end, suppressed and captured the commander

After that things again go my way again, even (through crazy fluke and the greatest rocket launcher shot in the history of ever) manage a perfect Terror mission, but the game crashed a couple of times this week and 3 or 4 times tonight, last crash, a few minutes ago, I notice ARMA2 was still running from earlier tonight when I played some Wastelands, I close it, I reload XCOM and load my save... XCOM crashes and keeps crashing on reload, save must be corrupted.

OH CRUEL UNIVERSE!!!! /AM CRAI
  • GiarcYekrub 12 Sep 2013 10:25:29 3,722 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    So this DLC isn't coming out for 360, that's shit, Mass Effect 3 has done split patches to overcome the limit so the size thing is BS
  • LeoliansBro 12 Sep 2013 10:27:27 43,654 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    It's coming out as a separate standalone game on the 360.

• GiarcYekrub 12 Sep 2013 10:29:49 3,722 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    That's as much use as pile of Sheep turd when I have the original game + that Chinese addon
  • millerlfc 12 Sep 2013 10:32:27 370 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    LeoliansBro wrote:
    Yep, same story but 40 new maps and a ton of new equipment and adversaries as well as the old one. Kinda the ultimate version of the first game.

And given the plot is more throwaway than a Nintendo game and it is your actions and the soldiers in your care that are the real narrative, I don't see that as being a problem. Especially with the randomness thrown in with the update to the first game.
    I'm actually really disappointed by this, by 'Enemy Within' I imagined it would be a separate story perhaps dealing with alien attempts at infiltration rather than the full on attacks of Enemy Unknown, and would perhaps be more covert/unsanctioned.

How hard would it be to add a new story campaign? It wouldn't necessarily need the full cut-scenes and voice acting.
  • PenguinJim 12 Sep 2013 10:33:27 5,811 posts
    Seen 11 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    It's a $10 difference (in the US) between the PC expansion and the PS3/360 full game + expansion. Given that there's usually a $10 difference between PC and console games anyway, I think you haven't done too badly - either sell your disc for $11 and cackle evilly at the massive profit, or donate it to a friend or a charity shop.
  • GiarcYekrub 12 Sep 2013 10:38:57 3,722 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    People slag off EA all the time but this is blatant exploitation of the fanbase, it's disgusting, I went out my way to buy it for £40 at release to support it yet, Firaxis and Take Two have took a giant money grabbing dump on the fans. Thanks for that.

I will remember now, never buy a Firaxis game until the 2nd edition.

Edited by GiarcYekrub at 10:40:48 12-09-2013
  • PenguinJim 12 Sep 2013 11:00:57 5,811 posts
    Seen 11 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    GiarcYekrub wrote:
    I went out my way to buy it for £40 at release to support it...
    You would have had to - it was available to pre-order between £18 and £30 on console between various supermarkets and Argos.
  • RedSparrows 12 Sep 2013 11:13:31 22,231 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    millerlfc wrote:
    LeoliansBro wrote:

I'm actually really disappointed by this, by 'Enemy Within' I imagined it would be a separate story perhaps dealing with alien attempts at infiltration rather than the full on attacks of Enemy Unknown, and would perhaps be more covert/unsanctioned.

How hard would it be to add a new story campaign? It wouldn't necessarily need the full cut-scenes and voice acting.
    For me the campaign is the foundation, the environment. What matters is what you do in than environment. Like they don't release 'new' Civ campaigns, they just add more tools, units and features.
  • GiarcYekrub 12 Sep 2013 11:21:48 3,722 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    PenguinJim wrote:
    GiarcYekrub wrote:
    I went out my way to buy it for £40 at release to support it...
    You would have had to - it was available to pre-order between £18 and £30 on console between various supermarkets and Argos.
    Not here, Sainsbury's didn't stock it and Morrison's were charging full RRP
  • LeoliansBro 12 Sep 2013 11:45:10 43,654 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    So that's more supporting Morrisons than Firaxis.

• jabberwoky 12 Sep 2013 18:18:46 484 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I will be trading in the original 360 version for the new one. Just hoping the saves will carry over to that, so I don't have to play again to get the extra options which I've not tried out.
  • Petrarch 12 Sep 2013 19:50:07 3,425 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Looking forward to this one, it'll give me an excuse to start over again as I got sidetracked and never finished my original playthrough.

Same old tactics again, everything to getting sat coverage in the early days.
  • cubbymoore 12 Sep 2013 19:56:08 36,478 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I have no idea whether I should be attacking the alien base yet. Seems like it would be signing my whole squad to death. Are you supposed to put it off until it's actually possible? Or is it possible when it comes around?
  • thelzdking 12 Sep 2013 21:17:52 4,357 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    It's possible, and worth doing as it reduces panic worldwide and ends the annoying abduction missions.
  • convercide 14 Sep 2013 15:20:32 5,975 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Just lost my best Support character for Ironman mode. RIP Piano Cat.

If you can read this, you don't need glasses.

• El_MUERkO 14 Sep 2013 15:56:26 16,970 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    @cubbymoore I try leave it as late as possible as after you do it you start facing tougher enemies, I generally do it just before a month end council meeting where I might lose a country I can't afford to lose.
  • El_MUERkO 15 Sep 2013 20:35:41 16,970 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    They've updated the Achievements of Enemy Unknown on Steam to add the Enemy Within stuff :D
  • Page

of 129 First / Last