XCOM: enemy unknown (no not that one, not that one either) Page 92

• Page

of 126 First / Last

• Bremenacht 4 Dec 2012 23:15:42 15,739 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    You must tell. Is it one of third set you choose from?

Once an eagle taught me courage. And I will never forget that day

• RedSparrows 4 Dec 2012 23:19:58 20,738 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I assume LB was speaking of the 'one time only' power.
  • Bremenacht 4 Dec 2012 23:36:19 15,739 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Is this something to do with you nominating someone for something? I think I did nothing special on my NI game. Maybe I missed out on something there.

• LeoliansBro 4 Dec 2012 23:59:59 41,834 posts
    Seen 48 seconds ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Rift.

LB, you really are a massive geek.

• Trafford 5 Dec 2012 00:03:52 5,268 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Blimey the DLC is out for this. Will wait a couple of weeks for when I buy the Xbox version. Cant.Wait
  • Bremenacht 5 Dec 2012 00:15:08 15,739 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Post deleted

• Bremenacht 5 Dec 2012 00:15:50 15,739 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Scratch that - I do know what it is. I'd completely forgotten even using it.

• L_Franko Moderator 5 Dec 2012 10:37:05 9,679 posts
    Seen 31 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Had my first ever game freeze last night while on a very hard mission that I was doing really well on. As soon as some Mutons broke into a room that had at least three of my units in there on overwatch, it froze.
    I'd just stunned my first alien for this game save as well.

I'll try it again tonight.
  • Commander Keen 5 Dec 2012 10:57:06 718 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I know it's an unpopular attitude, but honestly I can't really understand why anyone would risk Ironman in a game like this. Why not just save it every turn, but not use the saves [Denethor voice]only in the gravest of circumstances[/Denethor voice]...
  • LeoliansBro 5 Dec 2012 10:59:13 41,834 posts
    Seen 48 seconds ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Because I can resist everything but temptation. Ironman saves me from myself.

• Commander Keen 5 Dec 2012 11:25:38 718 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Fair dos :)
  • Deleted user 5 December 2012 11:47:24
    Conundrum, classic too cheaty and the management side frustrating but now normal too easy. Done about ten missions on my new normal ironman game and motoring through. Discovered squad sight for sniper is ridiculous.
  • LeoliansBro 5 Dec 2012 11:49:04 41,834 posts
    Seen 48 seconds ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Squad Sight and In The Zone means you'll never be worried about a Chryssalid again.

Classic Ironman is about right for me, I think.

• L_Franko Moderator 5 Dec 2012 11:54:47 9,679 posts
    Seen 31 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Normal is rather easy after trying Classic, I don't think I could ever go back to Normal.
    Pretty sure I have the required skills to win most battles on Classic, I just need to get all the stuff back at base prioritised.
  • robc84 5 Dec 2012 12:08:17 4,309 posts
    Seen 47 seconds ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Squadsight is really effective once you get archangel armour.

Early doors though I do find snapshot effective (coupled with opportunist and a scope). Reason being if your squadsight sniper doesn't have line of sight he is pretty useless as once you have moved him you cant fire your rifle. Whereas you can manouver your snapshot sniper to get line of sight and still take the shot.

Once you are flying though squadsight is king.

Just my opinion!
  • Deleted user 5 December 2012 12:26:17
    I don't find classic too tough, just find it a dirty cheap every match. And the management side takes far longer so you just do loads of missions at a time before developments come in and so get battle fatigue.
  • LeoliansBro 5 Dec 2012 12:33:06 41,834 posts
    Seen 48 seconds ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I'd put this in here as a neat guide to difficulty levels:

You lose battles on normal because you don't understand the game mechanics.

You lose battles on classic because you get impatient and overstretch.

You lose battles on impossible because the aliens facerape you repeatedly and shrug off bullets like raindrops.

• Deleted user 5 December 2012 19:28:48
    Anybody got to test out the DLC yet?
  • Telepathic.Geometry 6 Dec 2012 01:44:53 11,114 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Can someone tell me what the point of the lance cannon is for your ships? You can't get it until you take down the most difficult enemy craft, and by that stage, you've shown that you don't really need it... /doesn't get it

|| PSN Barrysama || NNID Barrysama ||

• Moot_Point 6 Dec 2012 02:12:04 3,488 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    @Telepathic.Geometry I found most of the research and foundry projects a bit unbalanced. In the original game, the technology was unlocked at exactly the right places to be useful. No doubt I will get more flack for saying such things.

================================================================================

mowgli wrote: I can't believe this is still going. I'm far too hungover for this. I did not poop on a chair lol!

• Telepathic.Geometry 6 Dec 2012 04:59:36 11,114 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I found most of the shit in the game was pretty well balanced and had a point, but that lance weapon seemed like it was designed to take down the kind of beast of a ufo that you needed to take down just to be able to research it in the first place. Just struck me as weird.

But then again, maybe you're supposed to throw everything you have at the enemy in the first place to take that battleship down and suffer the damaged ships and loss of resources, and then the lance cannon is your reward. You'll never lose again...

|| PSN Barrysama || NNID Barrysama ||

• PenguinJim 6 Dec 2012 05:32:47 5,444 posts
    Seen 27 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    One thing that I was expecting was that autopsies give you a damage bonus to that species. But they don't. WHY NOT? :mad:

Worst game ever... (although having enjoyed a Classic playthrough, I'm tempted to start an Impossible)
  • robc84 6 Dec 2012 10:19:29 4,309 posts
    Seen 47 seconds ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Question re live captures and interogations. I captured and interrogated a muton elite, but when I captured a 'regular' muton after that I did not get the option to interogate. So is it just the one interrogation per species, so the same would go for floater/heavy floater, sectoid/sectoid commander etc?
  • Deleted user 6 December 2012 12:13:27
    I think it is one per species, as you get one bonus credit per species.
  • ardamillo 6 Dec 2012 12:36:13 503 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Actually, I think you do get different bonuses for floater/heavy floater etc. It might just be that the muton elite bonus includes the regular muton bonus.
  • robc84 6 Dec 2012 12:54:19 4,309 posts
    Seen 47 seconds ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Thats what I thought. If you capture the elite/heavy version first you automatically get the bonus for the regular version so no need to interrogate. But if you do it the other way round you have to do both.
  • millerlfc 6 Dec 2012 13:04:03 363 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Can you have two different live aliens captured at once, or is the holding pen just able to house one? I've never actually got two in one mission, but am just wondering for the future.
  • RedSparrows 6 Dec 2012 13:04:57 20,738 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Pretty sure you can capture as many as you want... I think.
  • LeoliansBro 6 Dec 2012 13:07:38 41,834 posts
    Seen 48 seconds ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Yep, you can have as many different types as you manage to get. Ant farm will only show you the highest value one though (sectoid - thin man - floater - muton - heavy floater - elite muton - sectoid commander - ethereal).

• robc84 6 Dec 2012 13:36:46 4,309 posts
    Seen 47 seconds ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    So if interrogate a muton elite before a regular muton, do you automatically get credit for a regular muton interrogation?
  • Page

of 126 First / Last