Assassins's Creed III Page 25

• Page

of 30 First / Last

• PenguinJim 11 Dec 2012 16:05:25 5,865 posts
    Seen 51 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    roz123 wrote:
    I am onto sequence 5 now and I thought now I have my hunting skills I will do a bit of exploring before continuing on the missions. Started climbing identical trees to get a view and delivering letters, stumbled across a fort you visit in an earlier haytham mission that contained a treasure. Decided to look at it and ended up pulling down the Union Jack and putting up the stars and stripes. I have no idea why a native who has spent his life in a village would do this or even have the flag on him. I must have missed something or got a bit ahead of myself.
    I'm a couple of sequences ahead of you and found a fort en route to the next !, and did exactly the same. There's still been no explanation. It made me laugh out loud. What the hell is going on?! :D Nothing has been explained about the evil British - considering what happened before sequence 5, I was actually thinking that they were the good guys?!

I like the ship stuff.
  • superdelphinus 13 Dec 2012 00:25:18 8,074 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Just finished it. Good game
  • Deleted user 13 December 2012 00:27:34
    So, good sales, what on earth was the marketing budget for this, pretty sure I saw 3 adverts for this in one advert break on the box.
  • superdelphinus 13 Dec 2012 00:28:43 8,074 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Some notes:

I think there was far too much emphasis on cut scenes and teaching you something new every bloody 5 minutes. Sometimes there was about 15 seconds between one cut scene and the next.
    The cities aren't really utilised
    It doesn't seem very well optimised on the pc
    Graphics can be stunning quite often
    Good engaging story, with some really shyte dialogue
    Good ending and I'm already guessing where it will go next
    I liked the boat bits which surprised me
  • superdelphinus 13 Dec 2012 00:29:18 8,074 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Flipping heck, credits still going on. Colossal team!
  • Ultrasoundwave 13 Dec 2012 13:01:18 3,305 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    CrispyXUK wrote:
    So, good sales, what on earth was the marketing budget for this, pretty sure I saw 3 adverts for this in one advert break on the box.
    Im probably wrong, but i think AC is Ubisofts flagship series, so they were always going to market the bejesus out of it.

Great game though - like others have said, i got to sequence 6 last night and the game completely opened up, allowing you to explore, hunt, fight and collect things at your leisure.

If it keeps going this way, it could be the best AC in my opinion.

"The worst part is, I'll have to have the break-up sex with myself!"

• kinggibbon 13 Dec 2012 14:54:12 12 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I think you may be right about AC being the new flagship, but what with this game being the final installment, I wonder which game they will favour next. My first guess is being plenty of DLC for AC3. But perhaps we should also consider Rayman as being their main flagship, seeing how many games there are and the spin off rabbids.

I have to say, I am a huge fan of the AC3 series but have never really gotten into Desmond Miles. I enjoyed 2 and its extra additions the most but just felt following Desmonds story a bit of a drag. You had a free world to explore only to be brought back into a very linear part for 10 mins. But overall the games were fun. AC3 is no exception.

Beautiful visuals, fun gameplay, interesting story and plenty of explorable content. I think Ubisoft have shone through this year with AC3 and Farcry 3.
  • superdelphinus 13 Dec 2012 14:59:09 8,074 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    The additional content needs working on now in my opinion. I would prefer that they made a branching story with different strands you could go through a la gta games rather than one main story and a load of side mini games that don't have any affect on anything.

Good bug last night where the game thought a man selling tomatoes was a cat and invited Connor to pat his bollocks
  • kinggibbon 13 Dec 2012 19:48:11 12 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I have to say, despite what I hear about his game finishing off the series, it seems they ended it with a cliffhanger as if to leave it open.
  • ronuds 13 Dec 2012 19:58:29 21,788 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Yeah, just like there were only supposed to be 3 Mass Effects and Gears of Warsesses...
  • B0rked_Gamer 13 Dec 2012 20:14:11 2,721 posts
    Seen 29 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    superdelphinus wrote:
    Some notes:

I think there was far too much emphasis on cut scenes and teaching you something new every bloody 5 minutes. Sometimes there was about 15 seconds between one cut scene and the next.
    The cities aren't really utilised
    It doesn't seem very well optimised on the pc
    Graphics can be stunning quite often
    Good engaging story, with some really shyte dialogue
    Good ending and I'm already guessing where it will go next
    I liked the boat bits which surprised me
    Yep the PC version runs like shit even on beefy hardware.
  • kinggibbon 13 Dec 2012 20:14:14 12 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Exactly Ronuds, I suspect they may be doing the same. Not complaining though, I have always been drawn to the Creed.

Also yeah at times while playing PC version it went from 60 straight down to 30 for a few secs and then back to 60. I have a 7950hd. It also seemed to have issues with very high AA. Could have made a bit of a better port but hey, I can't complain. Enojoyed playing it. Roll on Farcry 3!

Edited by kinggibbon at 20:16:28 13-12-2012
  • daft_punk_909 16 Dec 2012 07:59:39 57 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    I'm on sequence 10, quite enjoying the story, done a few side quests (mainly hunting, liberating forts and synchronising all the vantage points). The bugs are annoying, but, not spoiling it too much.

However, I've not crafted a single thing, I find the whole menu interface in the homestead really confusing. It looks and feels like a shit Facebook game. I've completed all the available homestead missions, yet I still can't 'craft' most of the items. What's the point of this? I enjoyed Montegronni in AC2. Thing is, I've not been given an opportunity to buy anything either yet, no new weapons, outfits or maps. I've only seen the travelling traders. My combat is good. Doesn't feel like I need an upgrade. Am I going to finish this without buying a single item? Odd.

PSN: daft_punk_909

• superdelphinus 16 Dec 2012 09:51:41 8,074 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Yeah I was the same, didn't really understand any of that stuff around the homestead and didn't touch it all game.

After the ending presumably it's not going to be about the animus and travelling back in time anymore? The whole point of all that was so that Juno could bring Desmond to that point at that time so she could do her stuff. I guess it will be about stopping Juno going too mental or something, but it will involve time travel somehow! I hope for Victorian London or something in ancient Japan j

Edited by superdelphinus at 09:51:59 16-12-2012
  • daft_punk_909 16 Dec 2012 11:31:20 57 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    I'm not sure if I fancy playing another AC game after I finish this one. Feels like they've lost what made AC2 special.

PSN: daft_punk_909

• theguy 24 Dec 2012 20:53:36 653 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Has it been confirmed what content you actually get in the season pass yet?
    Saw a season pass trailer and it mentioned 3 parts to the "Tyranny of George Washington" DLC. Is that the only single player DLC we're getting?
  • elvenscroll 24 Dec 2012 21:51:41 1,409 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @theguy

Yes, along with the hidden secrets pack released a couple of weeks back.

NNID/PSN - Chipworm

• theguy 24 Dec 2012 22:47:20 653 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Thanks. That's a bit disappointing seeing as though it's an alternate history and doesn't really add to the main story.
  • canazaris 26 Dec 2012 00:42:18 25 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Finished this last week and been playing Hitman since.

Gotta say that despite a few niggles/fiddly bits like Connor not doing what you ask - YES I DID PRESS THE BLOODY ATTACK BUTTON - NOW DO SOMETHING, ANYTHING!!, it is an excellent adventure and looking forward to playing through again soon.

Even led me to explore the time period (Wikipedia) all the way through to when we burnt down the White House after seeing off Napolean 20 years later.

Edited by canazaris at 00:43:06 26-12-2012
  • Tuffty 26 Dec 2012 10:09:21 1,598 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Got this yesterday. Played about an hour or two with the single player but can't tell you much about it because I'd been playing Nine Man Morris for most of the time.
  • Spong 26 Dec 2012 10:18:30 525 posts
    Seen 4 months ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    ^That bloody board game drove me up the wall (you need to play it for an achievement and to complete the thief challenges). Luckily for me though, I found an easier version of it (in Boston) called Six Man Morris.
  • Darth_Flibble 26 Dec 2012 10:56:30 1,697 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I don't see why they can't go back to a different time period, its a game they can do what ever want. I really think they choose this time period for North american sales reason as having the city was not the best for climbing about in
  • EliteAssassin 26 Dec 2012 18:12:45 221 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Check out my full detailed unboxing of the Freedom Edition for the PS3!

YouTube
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Lusiadas33
    Facebook
    http://www.facebook.com/Lusiadas33
    SoundCloud
    https://soundcloud.com/lusiadas33

• superdelphinus 26 Dec 2012 18:17:45 8,074 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    wow
  • nickthegun 26 Dec 2012 18:21:09 59,971 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Yeah... no thanks.

---------------------------------------------------------
    someone say something funny

• EliteAssassin 26 Dec 2012 19:04:06 221 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    People, is somebody having problem at the final 2 seconds of the cinematic scenes, when playing with Haytham, on the PS3?! I have the Freedom Edition.

YouTube
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Lusiadas33
    Facebook
    http://www.facebook.com/Lusiadas33
    SoundCloud
    https://soundcloud.com/lusiadas33

• StarchildHypocrethes 26 Dec 2012 19:05:50 25,915 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    The PS3 hates freedom.
  • nickthegun 26 Dec 2012 19:29:00 59,971 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I'll tell you what, ZP got this spot on. There is far too much fucking around and not enough assassination. How can they possibly have thought that *anyone* would give a shit about trapping animals unless they were autistic gamer scwhores?

Also, thanks to them being framed around the story, far too many of of the missions are unbelievably boring and the instant fails are far too frequent. Evesdrop on this guy, twat around with this idiot..

And while im complaining, either its hard to do or they removed hanging assassinations, which is incredibly annoying and they have also got rid of that feature where your guy automatically followed someone who was waffling on, which was a godsend.

I know they were shooting for epic but they have landed on boring by sheer virtue of having far more story than gameplay, story that I couldnt give a fuck about.

---------------------------------------------------------
    someone say something funny

• Page

of 30 First / Last