Assassins's Creed III Page 24

• Page

of 30 First / Last

• RyanDS 22 Nov 2012 21:08:49 9,052 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Just finished sequence eight and it was worse than seven.

They really have fucked it up haven't they. It commits the cardinal sin in games of being boring.

Shane really.
  • theguy 22 Nov 2012 21:13:24 652 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    doctor_fraud wrote:
    theguy wrote:
    Why are you so adamant in coming into this thread to flame the game? The game isn't a turd, if it was, it wouldn't receive the positive praise it has. You yourself might not like the game and that's fine but you don't have to continually bash it
    Your username is ironic as you seem like the type of donkey/masses this game is aimed at. Just because people on the internet say somethings good doesn't mean it is.
    I never said that. The game's received positive praise from reviewers and gamers. You might not like it but others clearly do. Like i said, that's fine but you don't have to come into a thread about the game and just constantly post negative comments about it. Apologies if you've mentioned this before, but have you played AC3?
  • MadCaddy13 22 Nov 2012 21:47:13 1,856 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Trollollol
  • Syrette 22 Nov 2012 22:01:29 43,060 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    RyanDS wrote:
    Just finished sequence eight and it was worse than seven.

They really have fucked it up haven't they. It commits the cardinal sin in games of being boring.

Shane really.
    Nah, they haven't fucked it up, for everyone at least. I for one didn't find it boring.

• Syrette 22 Nov 2012 22:02:28 43,060 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    doctor_fraud wrote:
    Yes I have played it and its everything I hate about an AAA game this gen. Broken, buggy, repetitive and boring.

The story goes nowhere, empty and pointless open world and same outdated animation and gameplay. Like I said just because people are saying its good doesn't mean it is. Don't be a donkey and realise this.
    And just because you think it's bad, doesn't mean it is.

Not the brightest, are you?

• graysonavich 22 Nov 2012 22:23:08 7,309 posts
    Seen 7 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Games really need to tone it down with the amount of cutscenes. I don't think you need to touch the controller in the first hour.
  • Deleted user 22 November 2012 22:29:01
    PC version runs like a dog considering it looks like shit.
  • graysonavich 22 Nov 2012 23:14:20 7,309 posts
    Seen 7 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    It's a weird type of slow down. It's not like it's dropping frames. It's like it capped at 15 fps when you spin the camera around. Hard to explain. But I'm sure you know what I mean.
  • Deleted user 23 November 2012 02:42:33
    Oh it's dropping frames alright, right into the low 40s. I'm using a 2600k at 4.5Ghz and an 670 with a hefty overclock. Even dropping the screen resolution down to 1280x720 doesn't improve things. :/
  • Deleted user 23 November 2012 02:58:16
    doctor_fraud wrote:
    Broken, buggy, repetitive and boring.
    1. No the game isn't broken.

2. Not at all in my experience, 35 hours in.

3. Far less repetitive than any Assassins Creed before it.

4. Subjective.

Enjoyable experience for me apart from the most ideologically tainted game I think I've ever played. Shame its seeping its way into games. They really do read from the same page over there in Canada, eh?
  • Spong 23 Nov 2012 05:48:51 525 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    The new patch seems to have knocked the bugs out of the stats, I've finally managed to get the Completionist achievement. I've got a couple of frivolous achievements left to get, but apart from that, there's nothing else left to do now apart from starting again \o/

Fantastic game, even with the frustrating bugs, thoroughly enjoyed it. It was everything Revelations wasn't.
  • gooner77 23 Nov 2012 08:34:01 728 posts
    Seen 31 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    even after the last patch it's still quite buggy. trying to do the liberation mission where you save the family from being evicted . stuck on 2/3 even though I've done it 4 times.

really fucking annoying to say the least
  • MadCaddy13 24 Nov 2012 08:20:19 1,856 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    What is the 2nd disc for? I've just realised you get 2 discs. Is it multiplayer?
  • theguy 24 Nov 2012 13:28:14 652 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Yeah it is

Edited by theguy at 13:28:36 24-11-2012
  • JayG 24 Nov 2012 20:23:18 833 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I had endless lock ups on this until I tried Safe Mode. Seems it's the UPlay thingy totally messing up the PC version.
  • mikeck 5 Dec 2012 13:20:02 1,901 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    As I finally come to the end of this game (currently in sequence 12, and battling through the many bugs I'm encountering), I've just realised, I haven't had the chance to get in one bloody kayak and paddle down the rivers in the frontier.

I was really looking forward to being able to do that actually (it was one of the first screenshots they ever showed). Really wish they hadn't of rushed this game out, it's good, but should have been great.
  • mikeck 5 Dec 2012 13:20:02 1,901 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Double sodding post ;)

Edited by mikeck at 16:29:05 05-12-2012
  • theguy 5 Dec 2012 16:14:31 652 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    They removed them from the game
  • mikeck 5 Dec 2012 16:25:34 1,901 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I gathered that, shame. Not a major thing, but it would have been a nice addition to get around the map.

Just finished this, ending was okay, hated the Charles Lee chase though :)

Sitting through credits for what came after...sigh, not worth it.

All in all it was a very good experience, and I'm really glad I finished it, it just felt lacking a few things.

I would gladly play another game with Connor in it though, but not sure what else they could do with him in that setting.
  • Ultrasoundwave 7 Dec 2012 10:02:43 3,264 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Came back to this last night after a couple of weeks on the back-burner (WiiU and Far Cry 3, distracting as fuck).

From what i could remember, i hadnt really got that far into it, maybe a couple of hours play. Yet, i was quite surprised last night to discover that i've made it to sequence 6!, from what i can gather, there are only 12 in the game????

Is this game a lot shorter than advertised or something??

"The worst part is, I'll have to have the break-up sex with myself!"

• mikeck 7 Dec 2012 10:21:32 1,901 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @Ultrasoundwave The first six sequences really don't give you the full range of the map, side-missions and all the other distractions that can make the game really long.

I did most things (except for 100% synch on each mission, unenjoyable ballache) so my game lasted for about 50 hours.

You can just focus on the main missions though, but I qwould estimate you still have about 10 hours of gameplay to go (maybe).

Hard for me to say really, as I mixed everything up, so would do naval missions, Peg Leg missions, hunting, homestead missions all amongst the main story lines.
  • Ultrasoundwave 7 Dec 2012 11:08:25 3,264 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @mickeck

Cheers mate, going back to it last night i remembered how good a game it is too, also the patch they released seems to have tidied it up a bit.

Only had a quick hour but the AC games definitely need your undivided attention to get the most out of them.

"The worst part is, I'll have to have the break-up sex with myself!"

• nickthegun 7 Dec 2012 11:41:35 58,782 posts
    Seen 24 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Only a few hours in, still playing as the english guy but I managed to fall through the scenery yesterday, something ive not done since AC1.

Took a horse into a river and was pulled down by davy jones himself, straight through the map and was floating in the middle of nowhere. Then I dismounted and died instantly.

---------------------------------------------------------
    He totally called it

• Raiko101 8 Dec 2012 05:34:59 6,054 posts
    Seen 51 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I forgot Doctor Fraud existed. I blocked him months ago. The guy clearly wants to go against popular opinion because it makes him feel bad-ass.

Somebody tell him that Assassin's Creed III is more inovative, beatiful, challenging, interesting and more fun than Skyward Sword. That should cheer him up!

3DS: 4210 4002 8289 (Dave)
    Wii U: Raiko87
    Xbox Live: Raiko87

• PenguinJim 8 Dec 2012 10:41:02 5,754 posts
    Seen 58 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I think I've been spoiled by bug-free experiences on other games, so it is both surprising and annoying to get stuck on... nothing, or have two (mission) eavesdroppees stop talking and never resume.

I quite liked the Englishman, but the game experience itself was a turgid, hours-long slog that made me wonder what the fuck I was doing playing this instead of a fun game.

But it has picked up a bit now that I've switched over to the kid. Had a bit of fun meandering towards the exclamation point on the map, fighting the controls to do the odd spot of hunting. I was tempted to cut my losses on this, but I think I'll continue.

If Doctor Fraud "only" invested five or six hours in this, I could easily see why he thought it was entirely fun-free.
  • MadCaddy13 8 Dec 2012 10:44:34 1,856 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Out of all the ACs I enjoyed this the least. Well after revelations. AC II was the pinnacle.
  • elvenscroll 8 Dec 2012 12:33:07 1,374 posts
    Seen 11 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Done. The credits rolled at about 30 hours. Only completed about 60% though, so could go back. I'm fairly sure I did all the homestead and naval missions but I did skip most of the courier ones.

Fairly sure the first part of the DLC is due soon, hopefully that'll have plenty to get through.

Edit.

On reflection I think this is the first season pass I've ever bought. I really can't get enough of AC though, so it's no surprise.

Edited by elvenscroll at 12:41:21 08-12-2012

NNID/PSN - Chipworm

• roz123 11 Dec 2012 11:35:53 7,112 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I am onto sequence 5 now and I thought now I have my hunting skills I will do a bit of exploring before continuing on the missions. Started climbing identical trees to get a view and delivering letters, stumbled across a fort you visit in an earlier haytham mission that contained a treasure. Decided to look at it and ended up pulling down the Union Jack and putting up the stars and stripes. I have no idea why a native who has spent his life in a village would do this or even have the flag on him. I must have missed something or got a bit ahead of myself.

Anyway just been sleeping in Danny Glovers barn, the game seems to be picking up a lot now.

Edited by roz123 at 11:49:40 11-12-2012
  • Page

of 30 First / Last