Assassins's Creed III Page 23

• Page

of 30 First / Last

• theguy 16 Nov 2012 17:03:38 653 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Huge patch to go out before the end of next week:
    SPOILERS:
    http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/726389-Assassin-s-Creed-III-Thanksgiving-Patch-Spoilers-Forums
    Apparently makes the Hickey and the Lee chase easier

Edited by theguy at 17:04:05 16-11-2012
  • Gaol 16 Nov 2012 22:31:34 2,369 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    goldenboot76 wrote:
    @Gaol So far I've found some ways to counter this, albeit being terribly time-consuming.

3. There are only a few fast travel locations; forts, harbormasters and entrance to the Homestead.
    4. You can access the ledger in General Stores in the cities and the frontier.

Ubisoft mentioned there's another patch coming up.
    There's actually four fast travels throughout the frontier; in the tribal village, and at three towns (I mean apart from the harbourmasters and exits). The town ones are at carts in the centre, you will often see the fast travel tip appear at the top. I have got the Lexington one to appear by mulling around the area for example. Even when you get them on the map, there's no guarantee they will stay. I'm sure the viewpoint synching for the town area is supposed to reveal all these.

On the ledger, I'm aware it can be acessed at shops, the issue is that Connor's own stockpile will frequently bug and not allow you to see any of his items. You need to fast travel to sort it.

Neither of these issues is on the list of patch fixes unfortunately.
  • RyanDS 18 Nov 2012 14:32:47 9,356 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Just finished chapter six and it is starting to grow on me. America is a boring shit place in this period, with no interesting characters and I found the start very boring. But the game itself is strong enough to overcome the setting and I am loving the sailing especially. Can see it being a good, maybe great game overall, but the boring setting and the boring empty woods will stop it becoming a true great.

Why do the wilderness at all? Surely Victorian London or revolutionary France would have been much better backdrops plus would have provided actuall decent cities to work with with great places to explore as opposed to Boston which has not got a single interesting feature.

And the bugs annoy me, especially trying to climb trees. Three times I have been stuck in a tree trying to find my way up to a vantage point and have got stuck, plus i have fallen through the world twice. I really miss the first game where trying to climb to vantage points was a proper puzzle. And I miss part twos garden of Eden puzzles.

Despite these points it is rather good though.
  • bitch_tits_zero_nine 18 Nov 2012 14:34:45 6,654 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Victorian London would be a great setting for a game.
  • RyanDS 18 Nov 2012 14:46:56 9,356 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    bitch_tits_zero_nine wrote:
    It would offer cramped, dark, smoggy streets, centuries of history to play with. Bobbies, buildings like Big Ben, St. Paul's and Westminster.

USA offers some trees And a beaver or two to kill.

Yes there is a backdrop, but the city itself, which has always been the star of the series, is missing.
  • elvenscroll 18 Nov 2012 18:33:18 1,400 posts
    Seen 26 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    The last two times I've turned this on with the intention of advancing the story I ended up poncing round the homestead/frontier for hours instead.

18 odd hours in and I just started sequence 7. Absolutely love it.

NNID/PSN - Chipworm

• Lyserberg 18 Nov 2012 21:04:10 349 posts
    Seen 9 months ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Planning on buying it once i get my new PC, it should be fully equipied for a 60FPS experience, and right now i'm playing the first assassin's creed that i've got for only 10 euros, INSANE RIGHT ? Finally i've got the missing piece of the puzzle, fully understanding what's going on in AC3 or even some events in the other ACs i've played will probably make more sense after going through Altaļr's adventure ! :D
    That was my little gaming AC related rant, don't worry too much about it... !

La cerise sur le gāteau!

• Syrette 18 Nov 2012 21:18:01 43,450 posts
    Seen 23 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    doctor_fraud wrote:
    I don't even know why they even make AC games open world games. The worlds are empty, theres nothing to do than collect feathers and you get punished for killing too many civilians.

The whole series is just one big joke.
    Ah, wonderful hyperbole. There is absolutely loads to do in this outside the main sequences. Too much in fact. You can't even collect feathers in 3 of the 4 locations on this. Just because you rushed through it and avoided all the optional stuff - if you've even played this - doesn't mean the title is lacking in things to do.

Why would you want to kill civilians? How is it a significant (significant enough for you to mention it) negative if the developers don't want you to do that?

• Lyserberg 18 Nov 2012 21:22:29 349 posts
    Seen 9 months ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Why would you want to kill civilians?
    I think he watched the latest GTA trailer...
    And for one other thing, assassins are not allowed to kill civilians and innocent people... why are you even fighting templars that do their bullies on civilians while you can bring your whole army and smack all their heads to cities walls and wash your body with their blood...

La cerise sur le gāteau!

• MadCaddy13 18 Nov 2012 21:42:20 1,922 posts
    Seen 21 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    What's annoying me a lot is when the screen suddenly goes white when starting and ending cinematics. Ouch!!
  • MatMan562 18 Nov 2012 22:21:40 2,459 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I finished this earlier today. I really enjoyed it! The bugs were a little annoying and it got frustrating on a few occasions but overall it was a great game. The one main thing that really struck me as actually being worse than 2/ Brotherhood was the economy aspect. Outside of the tuotorial for it I sent one convoy somewhere and noticed no benefits for it, I missed not being able to upgrade stores, I looked at buying new weapons twice and only bought something the first time and there was no armour to buy at all. I think if they'd have kept all that as it was in 2 it would have been the better game.

Still, I really enjoyed it and will be going bak to finish some missions and the like.

XBL/ PSN/ Steam/ NNID - MatMan562

• Syrette 18 Nov 2012 23:33:48 43,450 posts
    Seen 23 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    My quest to 100% this has been brought to a sudden and unexpected end it seems.

I've encountered a not uncommon* bug where the quest marker for the last Frontiersman task (the UFO one) has not appeared, and without that I'll forever be stuck at 99.9% sync max. Unless they fix it of course, but it's not on the fix list for the upcoming patch.

Shame. I've enjoyed the singleplayer immensely, but I've pretty much wasted a few hours of my life going for 100% sync, that I wouldn't have had I known I'd be blocked from doing so. I certainly wouldn't have collected all the collectibles or completed the hunting map had I not been going for full sync. Thanks Ubisoft.

*http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/assassins-creed-iii/179075-ufo-mission-glitch.html

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/621797-assassins-creed-iii/64531746

Edited by Syrette at 23:37:50 18-11-2012

• spamdangled 18 Nov 2012 23:40:20 27,355 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    RyanDS wrote:
    bitch_tits_zero_nine wrote:
    It would offer cramped, dark, smoggy streets, centuries of history to play with. Bobbies, buildings like Big Ben, St. Paul's and Westminster.

USA offers some trees And a beaver or two to kill.

Yes there is a backdrop, but the city itself, which has always been the star of the series, is missing.
    Completely agree. People have said for years that Victorian London would be an excellent fit for the series and it seems amazing that Ubisoft dont seem to have recognised that.

That said, we seem to be moving forward gradually in time with each game, so it could be that AC4 is in London.

Though I imagine we will get another two episodes with mister petulant child as the protagonist.

3DS: 4055-2781-2855 Xbox: spamdangled PSN: dark_morgan Wii U: Spamdangle Steam: spamdangled

• Deleted user 19 November 2012 12:54:53
    Syrette wrote:
    My quest to 100% this has been brought to a sudden and unexpected end it seems.

I've encountered a not uncommon* bug where the quest marker for the last Frontiersman task (the UFO one) has not appeared, and without that I'll forever be stuck at 99.9% sync max. Unless they fix it of course, but it's not on the fix list for the upcoming patch.

Shame. I've enjoyed the singleplayer immensely, but I've pretty much wasted a few hours of my life going for 100% sync, that I wouldn't have had I known I'd be blocked from doing so. I certainly wouldn't have collected all the collectibles or completed the hunting map had I not been going for full sync. Thanks Ubisoft.

*http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/assassins-creed-iii/179075-ufo-mission-glitch.html

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/621797-assassins-creed-iii/64531746
    I'd uninstall the game data(not save file), fully power down the PS3(ie off at wall socket), check the Blu-ray disc is without any marks and reinstall (but without the day one patch). Let the game load, reaching the title screen, then quit back to the xmb, then restart and patch.

I had a similar problem on Sleeping Dogs and this was the procedure that fixed it.
  • Syrette 19 Nov 2012 15:52:05 43,450 posts
    Seen 23 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Unfortunately I tried reinstalling the update to no avail, and the disc is in mint condition. It's a bug, and there is no fix for it outside of a further patch.

Apparently it might have something to do with completing the previous mission and turning the console off before doing the following/final one. Seems to be a common trend for what apppears to be a fairly widespread issue (just not a massively common one I imagine because most people won't actually bother with stuff like the Frontiersmen sidequests.

Not the end of the world, just a bit annoying for the completionist in me. And for all that time wasted on collectibles etc.

• MrWonderstuff 19 Nov 2012 16:26:29 1,933 posts
    Seen 23 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Looks like there are plenty of YouTube clips of the PC version kicking around - good to see how the fancy bells and whistles look.
  • Spong 20 Nov 2012 01:50:19 525 posts
    Seen 4 months ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Syrette wrote:
    Not the end of the world, just a bit annoying for the completionist in me. And for all that time wasted on collectibles etc.
    I know the feeling. I've loved playing AC3, but its erratic stats are ruining my personal point of playing the game, getting 100%. For me, the new York Underground Fast Travel locations are listed as incomplete, as is the Encyclopaedia of the Common Man, and one of the Boston Delivery Items quests. All of those I've actually done, I've been granted the in-game prizes (including an achievement for the Encyclopaedia), but the DNA Tracker lists them all as incomplete in some way so I can't get 100%.

And none of those bugs are apparently addressed in this forthcoming update. It's annoying really because they've all been reported dozens of times at the Ubi board, and I've even gone through the motions each time with Ubi Support (which is tedious quite frankly).
  • RyanDS 20 Nov 2012 08:33:38 9,356 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Hmmm... completed sequence 7 last night and it was probably the most boring bit of any assassin's creed to date. How the hell can they make starting a war, assassinating someone in the middle of a battle and the ride of Paul Revere boring?

Again I think it is the setting that suffers. The Paul Revere bit especially was shit. Lots of boring running through empty shit just to go between various points.

Bring back cities, cramped streets and stuff close together. Having to trek 2500 meters between waypoints is just boring.

6 or 7/10 on the game so far. Some of the stuff is inspired (sailing), some is bland (generally main plot) and the game is just lacking that spark that the other games have.

Edited by RyanDS at 12:23:31 20-11-2012
  • MrWonderstuff 20 Nov 2012 13:13:47 1,933 posts
    Seen 23 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    This certainly sounds like a marmite game. Now I'm not sure whether to pick up the PC version on Friday or wait until FC3.

Edited by MrWonderstuff at 13:14:00 20-11-2012
  • Barrel_Trollz 20 Nov 2012 22:09:55 191 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    You aren't able to do homestead missions after you complete the sequence it was featured in.
    Is this the case for any other mission types? (Naval, clubs. I know it's not liberations, I have an obscene amount of those on my 30-odd percent completion)
  • MadCaddy13 21 Nov 2012 15:06:37 1,922 posts
    Seen 21 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Is it worth sitting through the credits? This is ridiculous! It's like EVERYONE IN THE WHOLE FUCKING WORLD contributed to this!
  • Deleted user 21 November 2012 23:25:49
    Anyone know how I'm supposed to pickpocket Finch?

It's starting to test my patience.
  • Deleted user 21 November 2012 23:34:39
    Sussed it.
  • daft_punk_909 22 Nov 2012 20:49:29 57 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    The big patch is live!

REALLY hoping this makes the game more playable.

PSN: daft_punk_909

• theguy 22 Nov 2012 21:04:04 653 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Why are you so adamant in coming into this thread to flame the game? The game isn't a turd, if it was, it wouldn't receive the positive praise it has. You yourself might not like the game and that's fine but you don't have to continually bash it in this thread.

Edited by theguy at 21:06:41 22-11-2012
  • Page

of 30 First / Last