Assassins's Creed III Page 20

• Page

of 30 First / Last

• mikeck 10 Nov 2012 12:47:05 1,936 posts
    Seen 36 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    So many great things about this game, but fuck me it's buggy as shit in places. I'm in sequence 5 and am on my third fort - it's a horrendous mess taking them over.

Guards seeing me through walls, respawning enemies seconds after killing them, and seemingly able to teleport around the map to my location.

Ubisoft really needed to let this cook longer in QA.
  • mikeck 10 Nov 2012 12:52:11 1,936 posts
    Seen 36 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    So I'm doing a fort right now where the captain is invisible, but the red marker on him is floating in mid-air, and there are three soldiers trapped inside the fort itself firing at me and I can't kill them.

Fuck release dates, only ship AAA games when they're damn ready!

RAAAAAAARGH.
  • Syrette 10 Nov 2012 14:02:23 43,528 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    @goldenboot76

Thanks mate! Appreciated. The game doesn't do a great job of explaining this sort of thing at all well.

• mikeck 10 Nov 2012 15:17:45 1,936 posts
    Seen 36 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I do love this game, and I know all I'm doing at the moment is solely sharing my moans, but I've never felt less like an assassin in this series than I do right now.

Maybe once I actually become a fully fledged assassin as Connor it'll pick up (still on sequence 5), but at the moment trying to stealth my way around places, and reduce notoriety is a pain in my ass.

I have spent a stupidly long time getting pre-occupied by all the side-mission goodness in the Frontier :D

Edited by mikeck at 15:19:06 10-11-2012
  • Syrette 10 Nov 2012 16:21:26 43,528 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Hang on - merely unlocking the fast travel gates in the Underground isn't enough - I actually have to use them for them to show up on the map?

What idiot thought that was a good idea? I've been messing around in the Boston tunnels for a little while now and I've just realised that a third of the gates I've unlocked aren't actually on my map. Like fuck am I going to do them all again.

• theguy 10 Nov 2012 16:37:01 653 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    How do you even unlock them?
  • Syrette 10 Nov 2012 16:39:50 43,528 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    You find them and do a puzzle for each one.

• theguy 10 Nov 2012 16:42:12 653 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Just find them whilst roaming around? Didn't really know that, not much of a fast traveller anyways.
  • Spong 10 Nov 2012 16:47:10 525 posts
    Seen 4 months ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Syrette wrote:
    Hang on - merely unlocking the fast travel gates in the Underground isn't enough - I actually have to use them for them to show up on the map?

What idiot thought that was a good idea? I've been messing around in the Boston tunnels for a little while now and I've just realised that a third of the gates I've unlocked aren't actually on my map. Like fuck am I going to do them all again.
    I instinctively exited and then re-entered each door as I unlocked them, I didn't realise at first that you had to use them for them to appear on the map. Be wary though, I only found that out when I was hit by another known bug. Even after exiting & re-entering, the icon's might not show up. The game will tell you you've found all the exits, but the stat in the DNA tracker will be fucked.

Edited by Spong at 16:47:45 10-11-2012
  • Syrette 10 Nov 2012 16:47:39 43,528 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Once you're underground you'll be able to eventually find them all...

... which is something I'd avoid to be honest. I'm only doing it for the completionist in me. It's very boring.

• theguy 10 Nov 2012 16:55:00 653 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    You have my everlasting gratitude, Sir. I might try to 100%, as boring as it may be. Some of the optional objectives are hard though i think

Edited by theguy at 16:56:32 10-11-2012
  • Darth_Flibble 11 Nov 2012 10:08:38 1,697 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Never find the hunting useful, attacking the forts and you can find a chest with ton of money in. Also from the assassin side quests you get animal pelts for the selling pelts achievement.

on the giantbomb cast they are good theory, ubisoft are milking this death as quick as possible as Watchdogs is their next star franchise
  • zisssou 11 Nov 2012 10:30:45 604 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I'm finding most of the open world is pretty pointless. Having to liberate each section by doing a set of missions, which are exactly the same.. it's a bit lazy. Not to mention the actual missions themselves are just rehashes of the last games.

The best part is sailing, but then I feel.. why am I sailing? aren't I meant to be an assassin and not some sea captain? plus the whole.. oh I'm 16 and I'm sailing! it's just typical game BS.

I think Assassin's Creed as a whole tries to make itself out as an epic tale of assassin's/templars, but in the end it feels like something Ridley Scott(later career) would have put together (Robin Hood) all style and no substance.

I'm not hating on the game, but I definitely feel this game is vastly overrated for what it is. It's almost like open world games have this "yeah I can do so many things.. it's just an AMAZING game." Let's not forget that 80% of what you're doing is the same thing.
  • Syrette 11 Nov 2012 12:04:52 43,528 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Well, I love this game. It's got flaws (some of which have been pointed out on this page) and its got a few glitches (nothing gamebreaking so far though), but I'm thoroughly enjoying it.

I'm on sequence 8 now and I can't get my head around people calling this such strong adjectives as "terrible". To each their own though.

They can "milk" the franchise (when each title has as much content as they do, is it really fair to say they're being milked per se; it's not like they're spending a month on each title and then rushing it out for release at full price) every year if they want, I've loved every sequel from 2 onwards.

Edited by Syrette at 12:05:34 11-11-2012

• mikeck 11 Nov 2012 12:11:41 1,936 posts
    Seen 36 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Now that I'm into sequence 6 and the game has opened up even more, I'm really enjoying myself. I've enjoyed the game up to this point (even with all the bugs), but now it feels like the ACIII I wanted.

I prefer the setting to all previous games, and prefer playing as Connor to Ezio (and maybe even Altair), for me it's really clicked now and I'm loving it - so many distractions too.
  • oldschoolsoviet 11 Nov 2012 12:44:25 5,478 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I loved it too, until now.

Finished the other day, and a minor spoiler that there's an extended epilogue after the credits roll. Didn't have time for it, so I allowed it to save, so I could fire back onto it today.

Selected my save file: "Cannot load due to missing downloadable content required."

Whaaa ? Seemed happy enough to allow me to play before quitting, but now I need DLC to get back ?

EDIT: Ignore me. Seems I had a bad shutdown at some point, and my PS3 "deactivated" itself from PSN. Slightly strange.

Edited by oldschoolsoviet at 13:08:26 11-11-2012
  • theguy 11 Nov 2012 15:09:01 653 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    ghostwhistler wrote:
    Disappoint.

This game is a mess. I don't think I've ever seen such a shoddy game as this. Ubisoft ought to stop releasing product if this is what they consider acceptable. I find it incredible that this game has gotten reviews above 60% and it shows just how buiased and supine the gaming media/hobby base has become when this gets the reviews it has, often while mentioining it's outragoues buggy state. But they've made their money so what do Ubisoft care.

Not only that, but the game itself is pretty terrible. The story is non existent. All of the minigames/mechanics are either utterly redundant or tedious, with the exception of the sailing. The homestead is boring pointless and serves no purpose: 99% of what you can craft is locked until almost the end of the game and the cost of crafting anything is absurd. The frontier is empty, the cities are boring and glitchy. The side quests are crap. The underground is a tedious maze just to unlock fast travel/ The liberation missions are frustrating because they aren't all visible on the map. There are no decent weapons beyond what you start with. You can't upgrade armour.Y There's next to no gadgets or tools. Hunting is pointless and boring after the first couple of hours. All of these things are conceptually great but failed in execution - and that's when you aren't fighting endless glitches, pop in and graphical anomalies. Horse riding is hopeless.

The desmond sequences are just...utter rubbish. You can do less as Desmong than Connor. Why then would I want to play him in some stupid story noone cares about that makes no sense? Why do I keep getting spam emails from my allies while i'm in the animus? WTF?

The online portion is the best part of the game...or would be if it wasn't riddled with crippling lag. Every match is the same: host advatnage. One person has a green connection (host), everyone else, without exceptioon is orange or red. It's functionally unplayable.
    An unfinished product, a poor story (it's like taking a walk through a museum of american revolutionary history with an irritable guide), and a lead character (or characters) that make you want to stop playing. Connor progress to become increasingly stupid, bullheaded and boring. He is deeply uninteresting as a character and the antagonists are the usual templar stereotypes: we're clearly irredeemably bad people yet somehow despite looking and acting like villains we're doing good. We're doing it for you!

Avoid this game at all costs. It isn't a patch on Brotherhood and the Borgias. The setting was completely the wrong choice and the background loses all it's charm as a result.
    You can't seriously think it's THAT bad? Your first few sentences are bold claims. I enjoyed the story and the frontier is a joy to navigate and roam around in. Have you finished the game?
  • theguy 11 Nov 2012 15:51:10 653 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    If i'm not mistaken, they rebuilt the combat from the ground up in this game. I personally like it. It is still similar to the old games but the differences are clear. I think a lot has improved in this AC but it is lacking in some areas. Some of the side missions are handled awfully.
  • Syrette 11 Nov 2012 17:31:13 43,528 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    So much for me having a relatively bug-free experience so far...

One of my land convoys was attacked whilst I was on a mission, now I can't replace it and I can't defend it so I'm stuck with two land convoys and my naval convoys. Not the end of the world and I've added a bunch of extra slots (capacity upgrade) to my remaining land convoys to compensate for my third being in limbo.

I'm wondering if my convoy is still showing up as "attacked" because I was on this particular mission at the time (Sequence 8 - the prison one, where I don't believe I could have sent assassins to defend it nor was I prompted that it was under attack).

Oh well.

• theguy 11 Nov 2012 23:46:39 653 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    ghostwhistler wrote:
    theguy wrote:You can't seriously think it's THAT bad? Your first few sentences are bold claims. I enjoyed the story and the frontier is a joy to navigate and roam around in. Have you finished the game?
    I'm afraid it is. Everything that made the game interesting just isn't there. You can't for instance hire courtesans to distract guards. There is very little choice in what you can use. All the changes are merely cosmetic. The combat is boring IMO and the camera doesn't help.
    The frontier is an empty sandbox. All of the elements of the game are great at first because they are new, but the shine comes off and when it does what's left is very ugly. I'm finding it a real chore to finish, it's so scripted and it holds your hand so much (not in a tutorial sense) that you might as well read a book.
    It has no character and no decent mechanics. Boston and New York are superfically exactly the same, only the latter is bigger. the revolution was a poor choice of setting.
    You can cause a riot and send your assassins to distract guards. The frontier isn't really empty. There are animals to hunt and there are forts as well as other things here and there. Guess the game's just not for you
  • Raiko101 12 Nov 2012 04:16:56 6,315 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    So, I was pretty sure I was going to get this for the Wii U launch. Is it still worth it? It seems to be getting a number of complaints in this thread, but I love the 2nd one. I was really looking forward to it.

3DS: 4210 4002 8289 (Dave)
    Wii U: Raiko87
    Xbox Live: Raiko87

• MadCaddy13 12 Nov 2012 07:49:59 1,931 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I do agree with ghost on the spam email thing. Seriously guys, WTF?? I come out of the animus thinking 'I've got an important email - best read.' And its some silly adolescent nonsense from that miscast English dick!
    Other than that I really am loving the game. You must be immersed or you will find it a chore
  • Big-Swiss 12 Nov 2012 07:52:09 8,100 posts
    Seen 44 seconds ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    it has its flwas, but I really like it!

just being able to run on trees so well is great!

the bugs are annoying, but they did put great effort into this game, but perhaps a UK gamer forum will see that again, when there are no redcoats to be killed ;))

Edited by Big-Swiss at 07:52:44 12-11-2012
  • Page

of 30 First / Last