Assassins's Creed III Page 19

• Page

of 30 First / Last

• Big-Swiss 7 Nov 2012 17:07:14 8,084 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I'm having trouble calculating my money right, there is so much stuff to buy allready, and while I am doing quite well with income, it is never enough!!! maps, tools, weapons...... and the ship stuff is so expensive......but I really want to pimp my ship so I can be a bad ass pirate when I do my next ship mission!!!
  • MadCaddy13 7 Nov 2012 18:59:28 1,921 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    All i keep playing is checkers by the sea.
  • stephenb 7 Nov 2012 19:02:03 2,738 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Sounds like a line from a Simon & Garfunkel song.

PSN : v--WEDGE--v

• Daeltaja 7 Nov 2012 19:27:57 1,075 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    They really could have stripped out at least have of the systems here and made a more focused game. On sequence 7 now and it's all over the shop!
  • MrWonderstuff 8 Nov 2012 08:42:22 1,930 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    A bit of lighthearted 'cat gets confused by ACIII' - made me chuckle and I don't even have the game.

Linky
  • bbvDJC 8 Nov 2012 10:39:39 1,719 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Daeltaja wrote:
    They really could have stripped out at least have of the systems here and made a more focused game. On sequence 7 now and it's all over the shop!
    I think so too, I have no idea why they didn't just keep in the manor upgrades like in Brotherhood, with the shops and stuff too. Would be much better than what they have for the Homestead which I think is a mess!
  • Big-Swiss 8 Nov 2012 11:13:37 8,084 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I grinded trough side missions and stuff to do yesterday. played about 6 houra straight and didn't do a single main mission.

I really liked it. And also like that a lot of money is flowing. pimped by boat, so I can be a badass pirate from now on, bought the best available weapons and am a badass fighter now. Enjoy hunting, enjoy taking over forts a lot, enjoy freeing areas and enjoy sending my assasins out or using them.

I really like that the assasins are now more personal to me than in brotherhood. having more a relationship together is a plus.

I also like the helping my mates and building up a nice town in the forest.

but what I dont like because I totally don't understand any of it is the whole creating stuff, I seriously don't understand what I have to do how.

I do miss some of the straight forward assassin missions, golden target, take down stealthy.

Tried it on Johnson and failed, but I did appreaciated hanging him after the battle down at the water.

all in all, really good game this "GTA Red Creed"

Edited by Big-Swiss at 11:13:52 08-11-2012
  • mrcrumley 8 Nov 2012 12:32:49 374 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    this was on the IGN website, i found it quite useful:

Crafting is a way to make money and Consumables, decorate the manor, and upgrade Connor's arsenal in Assassin's Creed III. To craft items, you must first get recipes from Treasure Chests or earn them as rewards for completing missions.

To craft items, start by going to an Accounting Book. These can be found at the manor or at any General Store. Inside the Accounting Book are Stockpile, Crafting, and Trading options.

Stockpile is where raw materials created by the Artisans you have recruited to your Homestead can be purchased. You can only store/purchase up to 10 of any one item, and once you order it will take time to "restock".

Crafting is where Stockpile items and often other Crafted items are combined to create new items based on Recipes found throughout the world. Recipes display the requirements to build items, including which and what level Artisans are needed, as well as the necessary raw materials and/or other Crafted items.

Trading is where you decide what items to sell and who to sell them to. Initially you will only have access to Land Convoys, but once the right Artisans are recruited and leveled enough Naval Convoys will be available to be Crafted. The process for both is the same: select the item you want to sell, then which merchant you want to sell it to. Repeat the process for each slot in the Convoy, the send it on it's way. You can help ensure your Convoy's safe passage by lowering Risk through Liberation missions for Land Convoys, and Trade Route naval missions for Naval Convoys. In the Trading menu, each Convoy's contents, profit, and time until return are displayed.
  • Big-Swiss 8 Nov 2012 15:07:19 8,084 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    cheers that is kind of helpfull!

it sounds a bit like a lot of work for what it is, but it is a bit clearer!
  • Iain815 8 Nov 2012 16:54:56 412 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I only found out now that you have to craft convoys themselves in the craft menu. I just kept waiting figuring that they would appear at some point.

I've done a shit load of Homestead missions (got a mine, inn, tailor, etc) but I still only have one Artisan, Lance, in the craft menu. What's the deal?

I was on sequence 9 before I found a general store to buy new weapons and outfits.

This game tells you absolutely nothing! Did Ubi not play test this before it shipped?
  • Big-Swiss 8 Nov 2012 17:10:30 8,084 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    it does show store icons on the map, and when you hoover over the icons, it tells you what it is..........
  • Spong 8 Nov 2012 17:28:03 525 posts
    Seen 4 months ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Iain815 wrote:
    This game tells you absolutely nothing! Did Ubi not play test this before it shipped?
    AC3 fails at explaining pretty much anything properly. The Homestead accounting/trading? Work it out yourself because the 'training mission' explains nothing, it just barks orders at you without saying why you're doing what you're doing. Corner kills? Nope, you'll have to guess what they are when the game suddenly throws the move at you as a 100% sync requirement. A weird game of bowls with one of the Homesteaders? You don't need to win the game, which is just as well because there's no rules or instructions whatsoever as to how you're supposed to go about winning.

The game is fucking stupid in that regard.

Edited by Spong at 17:28:57 08-11-2012
  • ronuds 8 Nov 2012 17:35:34 21,788 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Is the game world larger and more varied than previous AC's? Seems like there's so much more to do, but I can't see an AC world being able to accomodate all of it.

Separate question: What's the overall purpose(s) of the ships? Do they take you to different parts of the map? Do you just blow up other ships and take their booty? Do they have ports or something you can take over? Etc.?

Edited by ronuds at 17:36:15 08-11-2012
  • Spong 8 Nov 2012 18:22:49 525 posts
    Seen 4 months ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    ronuds wrote:
    Is the game world larger and more varied than previous AC's? Seems like there's so much more to do, but I can't see an AC world being able to accomodate all of it.
    The Frontier part of the map is huge, seriously big, I'd say it's larger than Brotherhood's Rome. Boston and New York, in my opinion, are rather small and boring in comparison. And they're all ring-fenced like AC2's different areas, split by loading screens.

ronuds wrote:
    Separate question: What's the overall purpose(s) of the ships? Do they take you to different parts of the map? Do you just blow up other ships and take their booty? Do they have ports or something you can take over? Etc.?
    The Aquila is purely for the various Naval Warfare missions, the occasional boat-based Templar mission and a certain side-quest (leading to the game's secret locations). Beyond that though, it has no other significance.
  • ronuds 8 Nov 2012 18:43:29 21,788 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @Spong - Thanks! I was under the impression you could just hop on a ship whenever you pleased.
  • Iain815 9 Nov 2012 04:18:55 412 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    God it's 4am and I just finished the main missions. I'll post my in-depth thoughts on it tomorrow, but it was ultimately a disappointment.

A post over at Kotaku perfectly sums up every problem wrong with the game.

Edited by Iain815 at 04:19:13 09-11-2012
  • Garfy 9 Nov 2012 13:38:44 682 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Kotaku agreeing with my central point from 4 days ago, the game just isn't fun.
  • Iain815 9 Nov 2012 17:12:52 412 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    End of game discussion/rant:

The final missions were fucking awful. They literally composed of walking from point A to point B. Itís hard to shake off the idea that they maybe ran out of time and couldnít flesh out the final missions as they had hoped.

Chasing Lee through that harbour and flaming boat had me seething with rage; there was no indication of where to go at all! What was the deal with Lee getting away every time and then Connor limping into a pub to finish him off? Dreadful ending, both gameplay and plot wise.

Haytham was much more interesting, likeable character and didnít get a decent ending. He was basically the gameís final fight and it was merely a matter of shoving him into a few barrels.

I've always liked the sci-fi plot of the games, they clearly put good thought into it and built it up very well IMO. Even in its final moments it becoming more and more interesting with the Minerva twist. Then it all fell flat. Desmond touches a glowy ball, 10 second clip showing the world is saved and ROLL CREDITS. No farewell from the rest of the characters, no lengthy aftermath cut scene/FMV and most importantly no resolution to the Assassin/Templar storyline (you know, the series main plot point before the whole solar flare thing). We spent 5 games leading up to this moment, I should get at least 5 minutes worth of cut scene tidying most of it up. Even AC:Revelations had a better ending.

In regards to gameplay, that Kotaku post I mentioned earlier sums it up. It made me realise just how excellent AC:Brotherhood was. Every area of Rome felt like it was designed specifically for that mission whereas this felt like an environment with missions badly sewn in. And why not have a block of missions in one city at a time like the previous games? Itís exhausting, even with fast travel (which is shit itself), to keep going from the homestead and a city between every mission.

After I finish this trinket stuff Iíll be trading it into Cex tomorrow (you can still get £30 for it). Such a shame, the game had so much potential but clearly needed at least another 8 months in the oven.

Edited by Iain815 at 18:43:54 09-11-2012
  • theguy 9 Nov 2012 18:09:14 653 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    You might wanna add spoiler tags...
    About all the Desmond parts and Charles Lee

Edited by theguy at 18:55:25 09-11-2012
  • Syrette 9 Nov 2012 18:16:23 43,446 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Thanks for letting me know what to expect from the final sequences.

• Iain815 9 Nov 2012 18:56:21 412 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Apologies, I'll spoiler tag the first paragraph.
  • theguy 9 Nov 2012 18:59:09 653 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Iain815 wrote:
    i think you should spoiler tag the things after the first paragraph (up till when you start talking about kotaku) as opposed to the first paragraph

Edited by theguy at 19:08:04 09-11-2012
  • Iain815 9 Nov 2012 19:24:13 412 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    theguy wrote:
    Iain815 wrote:
    i think you should spoiler tag the things after the first paragraph (up till when you start talking about kotaku) as opposed to the first paragraph
    ...but I already have and originally did? I'm not that big of an asshole to not spoiler that stuff. :eek:
  • theguy 9 Nov 2012 19:28:13 653 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    My apologies then. Could potentially be a bug in the Eurogamer app i'm using
  • Iain815 9 Nov 2012 19:33:03 412 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    theguy wrote:
    The unofficial android app? It always has problems with spoiler tags. When it comes to the forums I had to stop using it and use the mobile site instead.
  • theguy 9 Nov 2012 19:43:44 653 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Iain815 wrote:
    theguy wrote:
    The unofficial android app? It always has problems with spoiler tags. When it comes to the forums I had to stop using it and use the mobile site instead.
    Yeah it is. Think i'll stick with the app for now though. I really like the layout as opposed to the mobile site
  • Darth_Flibble 9 Nov 2012 20:35:16 1,687 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    really good post by iain815, completely agree.

The world isn't very good for AC game, revelations had a weaker story compared to brotherhood but had better buildings to climb compared to AC3. The series is slowly going down hill due to ubisoft milking it each year
  • Syrette 9 Nov 2012 23:29:06 43,446 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Looking to start making some money now I've progressed a bit more at the Homestead.

Are there any particular items I should be looking to sell outside of bear pelts? Any recipes I should stick to?

Cheers.

Edited by Syrette at 23:29:23 09-11-2012

• Page

of 30 First / Last