Assassins's Creed III Page 18

• Page

of 30 First / Last

• fletch7100 5 Nov 2012 10:36:18 6,911 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Favourite is the drummer with invisible drum, arms moving to beat the drum, you can hear the drum beat but there is no drum :)
  • Deleted user 5 November 2012 10:45:57
    I'm on sequence 5 I think and while I've encountered bugs I haven't seen anything too game breaking yet. I'm willing to cut Ubi some slack due to the fact it's open world and is chucking quite a few assets around at once for aging hardware. Plus I've mostly been stoned while playing so the bugs, like some guy jumping off a roof and assassinating a dog instead of his mark made me piss myself laughing.

I'm enjoying it far more than the last main entries so far. The quality of the story is carrying it more than anything although there are some definite improvements to the combat over two even if it's nicked almost wholesale from Batman.

The traversal is still a little 'one button does all' but some of the assassination missions have actually needed some guile. Actual stealth seems like a realistic proposition so far.
  • MatMan562 5 Nov 2012 10:46:04 2,304 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I think that's the thing with the glitches, they're not bad enough to stop you from playing but they're frequent enough to be slightly annoying. Personally i'd say the game would be worthy of a 10/10 were it not for the glitches.

Yesterday I went from destroying a load of ships out at sea to playing a game of checkers in the space of a couple of minutes.

XBL/ PSN/ Steam/ NNID - MatMan562

• theguy 5 Nov 2012 10:59:00 652 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    The thing with the dog being assassinated is no glitch. Guard dogs can be assassinated
  • Garfy 5 Nov 2012 18:06:23 670 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    OK, I give up.

I've been trying for the last 4 days to get on with this game but it just keeps punching me in the balls.

Remember when assassin's creed was about traversal and freedom of movement and fun characters and fast flowing combat?
    Now it's about insta-fail tailing sequences and confusing battles where it doesn't keep your character in the center of the screen.
    It's also full of sections where it expects you to psychicly guess what you're supposed to do.
    Shitty hard to control menu screens, pointless hunting, awkward tree climbing, bugs bugs bugs.
    In fact every single part of the controls feels clunky and awkward.
    Dull dialog that doesn't make any sense, no life to the characters, no point to anything you do, no engagement.

And perhaps most damning of all, it's just not fun.

So disappointed.

Edited by Garfy at 18:07:46 05-11-2012
  • theguy 5 Nov 2012 18:10:08 652 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Are you free running using RT+A or just RT? Not really having any of the problems you've mentioned.  I really think the frontier is amazing and gives you loads of freedom

Edited by theguy at 18:12:37 05-11-2012
  • Syrette 6 Nov 2012 18:21:39 43,058 posts
    Seen 13 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Anyone else going for 100% sync? I don't mean 100% sync on just the main missions, I mean the full 100% sync (basically doing everything in the singleplayer to completion).

I'm going for this but it's honestly a little daunting (once the credits have rolled I'm hoping to just finish everything else). There are so many things to do, so many missions, so many challenges, so many collectibles.

If I find it to be a chore after a while I'll stop, for sure, but for the completionist and AC fanboy in me wants to do the lot like I did for the 3 previous titles in the series.

Edited by Syrette at 18:23:14 06-11-2012

• bbvDJC 6 Nov 2012 18:28:35 1,684 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Does using square (x) with bare hands kill or just knock out people?
  • ltbobby 6 Nov 2012 18:39:13 301 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Finished this last night. A grratly entertaining game to watch but not neccessarily amazingly fun to play. I still cant believe it gets such high reviews this series when gameplay is sooo clunky and innacurate at times.
    Yes the graphics are great, yes thr cut scenes and music really are absorbing.
    If you look at gameplay though, user interface, poorly designed menus, combat mechanics, etc its a fairly average game. Its bizarre really and really a sign that throwing a lot of money at a game can really fool the senses as we are seduced by graphics and movie like cut scenes.

I enjoyed it a lot, but got more out of playing something like Sleeping Dogs which has combat that you actually have to concentrate for. Even the climbing in the Assassins creed series is one button held down. So as immersive as the cut scenes and story are, I feel Ive played more of an interactive movie than a game.

That said ive not played much of the Assassins Creed games before this. Id like to go back and play the Ezio trilogy next. Do you think these are better or not?
  • Syrette 6 Nov 2012 18:49:42 43,058 posts
    Seen 13 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    @bbvDJC

Just knocks them out I believe. There is also an achievement related to gathering undamaged pelts (as in not from killed animals) that you have to get via non-lethal methods.

• Syrette 6 Nov 2012 18:49:52 43,058 posts
    Seen 13 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Post deleted

• bbvDJC 6 Nov 2012 19:30:14 1,684 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @Syrette thanks. just completed the first set of sequences, quite liking it so far.

Edit; spelling.

Edited by bbvDJC at 19:31:19 06-11-2012
  • SamWalker 6 Nov 2012 20:59:42 82 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Can you double assassinate as Haytham? Doing the mission on Sequence 2 where you have to get to the waterside and there's 2 guards patrolling around and I can't work out how to assassinate them at the same time...
  • oldschoolsoviet 6 Nov 2012 21:57:19 5,457 posts
    Seen 7 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Syrette wrote:
    @bbvDJC

There is also an achievement related to gathering undamaged pelts (as in not from killed animals ED: WRONG !) that you have to get via non-lethal methods.
    Errr, using blades/arrows will get you undamaged pelts. Only firearm kills on animals will damage the pelts. Also the fact that I've never looted a pelt from the hundreds of dead in my path.

Currently struggling on unlocking the West Point challenges. Says to use each assassin ability twice, which I've done, but won't check off. Does it have to be the specific assassin/skill combo, because I've no idea what else it could be, and Google/Wiki/GameFAQs aren't helping.
  • Syrette 6 Nov 2012 23:09:54 43,058 posts
    Seen 13 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Errr, okay.

My mistake.

• bbvDJC 7 Nov 2012 00:13:12 1,684 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    with the peg leg trinkets in homestead I have them all but have only got one mission from the boat guy?

Do I have to play further to unlock more? He won't give me more otherwise.
  • Iain815 7 Nov 2012 00:26:22 402 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    bbvDJC wrote:
    with the peg leg trinkets in homestead I have them all but have only got one mission from the boat guy?

Do I have to play further to unlock more? He won't give me more otherwise.
    You have to finish the first mission before you can start the next, I think. They were actually pretty good missions too.

One thing this game has completely messed up is free running in the cities. It's a nightmare chasing someone around tight corners only for Connor to decide he'd rather run up the wall instead.
  • bbvDJC 7 Nov 2012 00:28:34 1,684 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Hm, just completed the first and nothing new has popped up. Just gonna mop some homestead missions up then do anther story one and see if that let's me proceed.
  • MadCaddy13 7 Nov 2012 08:57:04 1,856 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    The horse riding on this is absolutely dire. Red dead set such a high standard that it makes this such a chore to do.
  • DUFFMAN5 7 Nov 2012 09:01:53 14,380 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I would have to say it is my least fav of the AC* games and I include AC Liberation in that as well. Not too sure what was/is off but I have no desire to return to it yet and have zero interest in the mp side of things. I would say AC Bro-in-the-hood is where it is at. I may well return to it, but for me it is like Batman AC, I can see it is a good game and I loved the previous one(s)but it just is not pushing my buttons!

*Still yet to play ACRevs mind you

"Duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem! Oh, yeah!"

• bbvDJC 7 Nov 2012 14:59:28 1,684 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    No luck can't get anymore peg leg missions although I have all the trinkets. Lame.
  • theguy 7 Nov 2012 15:10:21 652 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    What's the actual problem? Can't you talk to the guy? Maybe you've done them all?
  • bbvDJC 7 Nov 2012 15:16:50 1,684 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    The guy asked me to collect trinkets in trade for letters. I had the first one already and got the letter and did the first mission, a Fort.

I went and collected the other peg leg trinkets in the homestead but when I go back to the guy to trade he says I haven't got any and doesn't give me anything.
  • theguy 7 Nov 2012 15:24:40 652 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Doesn't the game say anything in the top right or left corner? When I didn't have enough, the game would tell me. Have you bought the map? Have you been to New York?
  • bbvDJC 7 Nov 2012 15:30:39 1,684 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I'm only on sequence six if that matters? I haven't bought any map :/ I haven't been told to, in the right hand or left hand corner.
  • Garfy 7 Nov 2012 16:01:07 670 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    ltbobby wrote:
    That said ive not played much of the Assassins Creed games before this. Id like to go back and play the Ezio trilogy next. Do you think these are better or not?
    ACII and Brotherhood are both great, revelations is good too if you're not tired of Ezio by then.
  • bbvDJC 7 Nov 2012 16:12:59 1,684 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Figured it out. Did not realise there were trinkets in Boston and Frontier. Now I feel like an idiot.
  • theguy 7 Nov 2012 16:50:56 652 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    bbvDJC wrote:
    Figured it out. Did not realise there were trinkets in Boston and Frontier. Now I feel like an idiot.
    You can buy a map that shows you all the trinket locations.
  • Big-Swiss 7 Nov 2012 17:04:47 8,076 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    @oldschoolsoviet

the blade rope also damages pelts ;(( I found out the hard way, lost a lot of money by constantly using it, cause it is so effektive and I figured it doesen't damage.......

other than that, it is awesome this game, I'm only sequence 7, there is so much to do, I don't have time for the story..........
  • Big-Swiss 7 Nov 2012 17:05:03 8,076 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Post deleted
  • Page

of 30 First / Last