Assassins's Creed III Page 7

  • Page

    of 30 First / Last

  • Syrette 3 Oct 2012 22:48:31 43,501 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I really need to stay out of the Season Pass/DLC article on the front page.

  • elvenscroll 3 Oct 2012 22:51:04 1,408 posts
    Seen 53 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Post deleted

    NNID/PSN - Chipworm

  • Jmog 4 Oct 2012 00:43:54 394 posts
    Seen 55 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    elvenscroll wrote:
    Was the a separate queue for the maritime demo? I only got to try the regular demo. I would have queued again!
    I was at the expo for all four days and the first day I think all the AC3 machines were running the maritime demo. The next day I went to the queue again as I wanted to try it again but this time it was a regular city section so I didn't bother. The two last days it looked like it was a mix of demos although the majority ran regular AC gameplay. Maybe you had to tell the Ubisoft guys which one you wanted to play or perhaps you could just manually choose a savefile.

    Not exactly a good way to do it. They had plenty of machines so it should just have been half of each with two seperate queues. Although I can't think for the life of me why anyone would queue for up to 30-60 minutes for something that is as well known as regular AC gameplay when the maritime demo was the alternative. I'm sure it will be fun, but we know what it's like already. The maritime section on the other hand is basically the birth of a new genre.

    Edited by Jmog at 00:45:26 04-10-2012
  • elvenscroll 4 Oct 2012 13:15:09 1,408 posts
    Seen 53 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @Jmog

    It does look really good. Did it feel heavily scripted? Is it possible to completely screw it up?

    NNID/PSN - Chipworm

  • Jmog 4 Oct 2012 13:51:51 394 posts
    Seen 55 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Well, apart from which ships appeared and where it did not feel scripted. The enemy ships reacted to what direction I steered in order to get close enough and to position themselves so they could shoot broadsides at me. I did the same and coupled with the massive waves it was a constantly changing experience. At one time I could see an enemy ship was moments away from being in a position to broadside me, so I went full sails and had just enough speed to dive in behind a high wave which swalloved their cannon balls.

    Your shots and their effect on ships are entirely dynamic. You can see the cannonballs fly through the air and their inpact on the ships. You don't just hit the ships, you can see WHERE you hit them. The destruction is also permanent so you are never in doubt how much damage you've done. The different types of shot is also a riot. Ordinary cannonballs destroys wood on impact (splinters and boards flying everywhere), while chainshot will literally crack a mast if you shoot at the right time when waves carry you momentarily higher than the enemy. Fireshot though.... Is simply glorious. Had a very close fight with an enemy frigate where we kept circling each other and diving in and out of the cover of waves. One broadside would be enough to kill either ship. I managed to be positioned just right for a close full broadside and changed to fireshot at the last minute. I could see every single fiery cannonball impact on the enemy, hear the cacaphony of destructive noise it made and the see the fires all over the ship as a result.

    The weather was stormy, it rained, it was dark and my enemy went down in flames that lit up the huge waves. Best gaming moment in a lot of years.

    I am usually not the biggest fan of DLC but in this case I would literally buy every single piece of maritime DLC they make. You hear that Ubi? You are sitting on a goldmine. Forget about the assassin missions. This has so much more potential
  • Zomoniac 4 Oct 2012 15:46:46 7,831 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Jmog wrote:
    elvenscroll wrote:
    Was the a separate queue for the maritime demo? I only got to try the regular demo. I would have queued again!
    I was at the expo for all four days and the first day I think all the AC3 machines were running the maritime demo. The next day I went to the queue again as I wanted to try it again but this time it was a regular city section so I didn't bother. The two last days it looked like it was a mix of demos although the majority ran regular AC gameplay. Maybe you had to tell the Ubisoft guys which one you wanted to play or perhaps you could just manually choose a savefile.

    Not exactly a good way to do it. They had plenty of machines so it should just have been half of each with two seperate queues. Although I can't think for the life of me why anyone would queue for up to 30-60 minutes for something that is as well known as regular AC gameplay when the maritime demo was the alternative. I'm sure it will be fun, but we know what it's like already. The maritime section on the other hand is basically the birth of a new genre.
    I went on the Sunday morning, they had one side of the divide (the queueing side) on the normal one, the other on the boat one, I sat down to play the normal one, finished it, walked round the other side to the exit and the Ubi guy was asking people as they were leaving if they wanted to try the second one so did both in the one session.

    Bad idea tbh, I'd considered buying it until I played the maritime demo.
  • ronuds 4 Oct 2012 15:51:55 21,788 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @Zomoniac - So you didn't like it?
  • Zomoniac 4 Oct 2012 15:53:54 7,831 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Not at all, clunky controls, spazzy camera, framerate felt like it routinely dipped into single figures. Felt like a broken, half-arsed attempt at throwing in something different to pad out the game and counter accusations of it being repetitive (like the TD thing they stuck in Revelations).
  • ronuds 4 Oct 2012 15:56:44 21,788 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Sounds lovely. :p

    Did anyone get to try out the new(?) combat system?
  • MatMan562 4 Oct 2012 16:03:14 2,463 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Zomoniac wrote:
    ...clunky controls, spazzy camera...
    That's what I was most worried about with the Naval parts... I didn't mind the TD part of revelations too much though so i'll hopefully be fine with it (or even like it).

    I'm really struggling on deciding between whether I want the "Freedom Edition" on PS3 or regular on Wii U at the moment.

    XBL/ PSN/ Steam/ NNID - MatMan562

  • elvenscroll 4 Oct 2012 18:36:02 1,408 posts
    Seen 53 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @Jmog

    Thanks for that. Would have loved to give it a go. Ah well, not long until release.

    Edited by elvenscroll at 18:36:58 04-10-2012

    NNID/PSN - Chipworm

  • Jmog 4 Oct 2012 19:03:40 394 posts
    Seen 55 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Clunky controls? I thought they were fine. And the camera was controlled manually just like when you control Connor. I had absolutely no issue with the interface. The framerate did dip when two ships were right up against each other and fired all their cannons. Most of the sea battle ran fine.

    I was actually rather relieved when the framerate dipped. Until then I was suspecting it was a PC build. It looks incredible for a console game.

    Edited by Jmog at 19:04:30 04-10-2012
  • theguy 8 Oct 2012 18:25:26 653 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ne5IMogFa5s&feature=youtube_gdata_player
    Some gameplay. Looks quite good. Didn't really notice any spoilers but watched it on mute and skipped a few parts. The final parts of that clip may "offend" some though

    Edited by theguy at 18:27:25 08-10-2012
  • Daeltaja 8 Oct 2012 21:02:39 1,082 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    theguy wrote:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ne5IMogFa5s&feature=youtube_gdata_player
    Some gameplay. Looks quite good. Didn't really notice any spoilers but watched it on mute and skipped a few parts. The final parts of that clip may "offend" some though
    Not bad, but nothing we haven't seen before, either.

    I just hope that hard transition to the inventory menu doesn't make it through to retail.. it's pretty jarring.
  • elvenscroll 8 Oct 2012 21:19:55 1,408 posts
    Seen 53 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Why did I have to spot the ubi workshop edition? Preordered. /o\

    NNID/PSN - Chipworm

  • theguy 8 Oct 2012 22:11:55 653 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Daeltaja wrote:
    theguy wrote:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ne5IMogFa5s&feature=youtube_gdata_player
    Some gameplay. Looks quite good. Didn't really notice any spoilers but watched it on mute and skipped a few parts. The final parts of that clip may "offend" some though
    Not bad, but nothing we haven't seen before, either.

    I just hope that hard transition to the inventory menu doesn't make it through to retail.. it's pretty jarring.
    I'm hoping they remove the QTE hunting

    Looking at the Uplay actions, it looks like there are 12 sequences, the same as assassin's creed 2 If you don't include the DLC (although there may be more than 12 in AC3).

    Edited by theguy at 02:09:46 15-10-2012
  • theguy 19 Oct 2012 03:47:34 653 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Seems they have some cheat mode or something.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AKXbI20UOoc&feature=youtube_gdata_player
  • theguy 22 Oct 2012 19:08:34 653 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Apparently, on Xbox 360, the single player is on disk 1 and the multiplayer is on disk 2
  • nickthegun 23 Oct 2012 09:59:32 59,937 posts
    Seen 50 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    theguy wrote:
    Apparently, on Xbox 360, the single player is on disk 1 and the multiplayer is on disk 2
    Anyone wanna buy an AC3 multiplayer disc? One careful owner, never usedů

    ---------------------------------------------------------
    someone say something funny

  • kinky_mong 23 Oct 2012 12:07:28 10,288 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    theguy wrote:
    Apparently, on Xbox 360, the single player is on disk 1 and the multiplayer is on disk 2
    Cool, I've been looking for a new novelty coaster.

    All the eurogamers who actually play with each other on xbl rather than just post pseudointellectual pc handwringing bollocks on the forums, love the shit out of biggy.

  • Humperfunk 23 Oct 2012 12:08:58 2,249 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    kinky_mong wrote:
    theguy wrote:
    Apparently, on Xbox 360, the single player is on disk 1 and the multiplayer is on disk 2
    Cool, I've been looking for a new novelty coaster.
    Lol :D

    PSN, XBL & NNID: Wedjwants

  • Syrette 23 Oct 2012 12:14:53 43,501 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Do people actually give the MP a look in? Think some wrote it off from the start because of the series' strong singleplayer focus. Give it a chance, you might be pleasantly surprised...

  • Humperfunk 23 Oct 2012 12:16:20 2,249 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    I played the MP on Brotherhood, didn't get on with it at all unfortunately.

    PSN, XBL & NNID: Wedjwants

  • kinky_mong 23 Oct 2012 12:36:43 10,288 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Syrette wrote:
    Do people actually give the MP a look in? Think some wrote it off from the start because of the series' strong singleplayer focus. Give it a chance, you might be pleasantly surprised...
    I gave it a chance twice, hated nearly every second of it both times because it's a complete clusterfuck of people running around like headless chickens, and conflict being a case of who has the best perks from levelling up so they can hit X first to win (except on those rare random occasions when the game decides you can hit B to counter).

    Nice idea, poorly implimented.

    All the eurogamers who actually play with each other on xbl rather than just post pseudointellectual pc handwringing bollocks on the forums, love the shit out of biggy.

  • the_dudefather 23 Oct 2012 12:50:40 9,288 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Played quite a bit of the multiplayer in AC:Bros in the hood. Most of the time I was playing on a team with a friend, a lot of fun when you get into the flow of things. You need a lot of mind games to deal with experienced players, with people being pretty good at spotting non-AI behaviour and doing all kinds of double bluffing.

    It was mostly an arms race of perks though, I started playing close to launch, but it would probably be a cluster-fuck if you started playing it a few weeks after and it match-maked you with higher level players.

    didn't try it in the last one, but will probably give it a go in AC3

    (ง ͠░ ͟ʖ ͡░)

  • ronuds 23 Oct 2012 15:25:36 21,788 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    They should just let you buy the SP for half.
  • theguy 23 Oct 2012 15:35:45 653 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    http://m.cinemablend.com/games/Assassin-Creed-3-Halo-4-Multiplayer-Removed-From-Redbox-Rentals-48431.html
  • Page

    of 30 First / Last

Log in or register to reply