Assassins's Creed III

• Page

of 30 First / Last

Previous
  • Altairo 28 Dec 2011 00:23:30 1 posts
    Seen 3 years ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Is this possible?

On twitter and a spanish web said: "Assassin's Creed III revealed".

Great news!

http://www.lafortalezadelechuck.com/2011/12/avance-assassins-creed-3-iii.html
  • Jacksie66 28 Dec 2011 03:10:23 572 posts
    Seen 3 months ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Fuckin lies...

Why would Ubisoft reveal it just a mere few weeks after the release of Revelations?

Can I hear the Mods Lock-hammer coming?????
  • Wayne 28 Dec 2011 03:16:51 2,143 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Ubisoft has already said there will be an AC3 in 2012. Numpties!
  • Wayne 28 Dec 2011 03:18:11 2,143 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-11-08-major-assassins-creed-title-confirmed-for-2012
  • Jacksie66 28 Dec 2011 04:12:54 572 posts
    Seen 3 months ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Oh....

*ahem*
  • Syrette 1 Mar 2012 00:57:21 43,342 posts
    Seen 58 seconds ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    http://kotaku.com/5889470/whats-the-future-of-assassins-creed-have-to-do-with-snow

The Assassin's Creed Facebook page shifted over to the "timeline" display today, choosing that mysterious snowy image for its panorama.

On cue, Ubisoft's page managers followed up with a comment that "a major announcement from Assassin's Creed is only days away," yet also advising folks to check the official Assassin's Creed site tomorrow.

Don't believe for a second that image isn't deliberate. Now, as for what snow has to do with Assassin's Creed III, who can tell. But some good old-fashioned rumor and speculation has this set in the New World—i.e. America, likely around the time of the American Revolution. For decades schoolchildren have read of the Continental Army suffering in the cold at Valley Forge, and Gen. Washington crossing the icy Delaware River.

Notably, this image is liked by one "Julian Auditore," whose official Facebook page is here and shares the same image. Julian Auditore also has an Arabic notation beside his name, which translates to "I am not a bird." Of course, Altaïr Ibn-La'Ahad, whose first name means "bird," is the original protagonist of the series and the ancestor of Ezio Auditore Da Firenze, who starred from Assassin's Creed II to present.

More details are supposed to come tomorrow on the series' official Web site. If it's not the announcement itself, that makes this post the head-asplode cocktail of an announcement of an announcement of an announcement, which would be a new meta record.

All we've heard for certain is that the game will be out. Oct. 30 and will feature a new protagonist, retiring Ezio.

• Syrette 1 Mar 2012 01:24:50 43,342 posts
    Seen 58 seconds ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    A Best Buy employee just contacted Kotaku with this, and an announcement date of March 5th.

edit; better, non-cropped image:

Pretty sure we're looking at the first piece of promotional artwork for AC3.

Edited by Syrette at 01:49:29 01-03-2012

• Deleted user 1 March 2012 01:48:55
    Interesting. American Revolution means it'll be Yanks on Brits. A crisp dollarpound says they'll try to tie in the Templar stuff with the Masonic stuff on the American seals.
  • Syrette 1 Mar 2012 01:51:20 43,342 posts
    Seen 58 seconds ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Guess that image is cropped actually, you can see the top of the Ubisoft logo on the bottom right.

• Deleted user 1 March 2012 01:57:42
    Quite excited by this, though I still haven't finished Brotherhood and don't intend to bother with Revelations. Whilst they've got Boston and the like to do the leapy runny shit in, I'm kinda hoping they'll mix up the formula a bit and not just have it as quest-hunting in a city.
  • philreeduk 1 Mar 2012 02:49:05 288 posts
    Seen 16 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Here's the thing i am really excited to see they are changing the setting and getting away from Ezio.

However, after 3 games in 3 years the mechanics just feel old and boring still slogging away through revalations and am finding it boring! Let's hope they really mix it up for this one then maybe I might be interested again!!
  • Tuffty 1 Mar 2012 08:55:33 1,561 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    That's an awesome bit of artwork. Makes sense really to set it during the American Revolution, I think they could do some interesting stuff with that. In fact judging by that picture and of that guy wielding a tomahawk, maybe you can see some references to Native American culture too. Very exciting.
  • Whizzo 1 Mar 2012 09:15:39 43,094 posts
    Seen 43 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago

Make the Founding Fathers all templars and watch the outrage from the Americans. :-)

This space left intentionally blank.

• X201 1 Mar 2012 09:19:46 15,274 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Whizzo wrote:

Make the Founding Fathers all templars and watch the outrage from the Americans. :-)
    :)

Yeah, but we all know its going to be the lazy Hollywood route of Britons are the baddies yet again.
  • Blerk Moderator 1 Mar 2012 09:27:37 48,225 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I haven't even bought Revelations yet, so it's hard to muster much excitement about this. This one will have to be very different, I think - fatigue's starting to set in. If this was the first one since ACII I'd have been super-excited, I suspect.
  • nickthegun 1 Mar 2012 09:30:57 59,525 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Im looking forward to scaling the dizzying heights of all those log cabins.

---------------------------------------------------------
    someone say something funny

• Deleted user 1 March 2012 09:33:41
    There were not any big buildings in those times and thats a big part of AC, which makes me think this will be more about being an assassin then the previous games.

Edited by Hindle at 09:34:06 01-03-2012
  • askew 1 Mar 2012 09:44:13 12,184 posts
    Seen 16 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I don't like his daft white overcoat :(
  • Whizzo 1 Mar 2012 09:44:17 43,094 posts
    Seen 43 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Boston had a fair amount of scalable buildings back then, nothing as high as some of the minarets in Constantinople though.

I certainly recommend a Revolutionary walking tour of the city if you ever visit it, it's a tad awkward being the only Britons in the party though! :-)

This space left intentionally blank.

• Deckard1 1 Mar 2012 09:52:43 27,770 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Make him an injun. And all the white folk bad guys.

Hush you ponce

• paddyE 1 Mar 2012 10:05:51 1 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    I wonder if they are going to take more of a Red Dead Redemption route with the game world, riding around on horseback as the main mode of transport rather than climbing buildings. I can't say I love the idea of a Revolutionary war ACIII purely because the few other games that have touched on the subject have been vastly over simplified. The worst culprit was the Empire: Total War independence campaign where the narrator proudly claimed 'from sea to shining sea the sun only shone on free men'. I always found myself quietly adding 'except for the slaves'.
  • pinebear 1 Mar 2012 10:18:08 8,565 posts
    Seen 9 months ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    X201 wrote:
    Whizzo wrote:

:)

Yeah, but we all know its going to be the lazy Hollywood route of Britons are the baddies yet again.
    But it's the garlic-loving Ubisoft, so who really nose?

• the_dudefather 1 Mar 2012 10:31:21 9,288 posts
    Seen 40 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    wouldn't be surprised if the actual conflict was just a backdrop to the Templar/assassin thing and you wouldn't really be on either side of the revolutionary war

although if they make it so you can pick up American flags as weapons (similar to brooms in AC2) let you fight with one, I'd be cool with that too

Achievement unlocked: Old Glory hole: Impale a posh accented British villain with the American Flag

(ง ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)

• cianchristopher 1 Mar 2012 11:19:05 6,360 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I like the ending to Last of the Mohicans with Day-Lewis and Wes Studi chasing the bad guys up the mountain. Great music, great visuals.

This won't be nearly as good as that, will it?
  • Deleted user 1 March 2012 12:02:04
    I'd like them to do away with the open world and have it more like the old Hitman games only during the american revolution. More semi open world or something.
  • Deleted user 1 March 2012 18:39:04
    I'm so pleased that they've given me a by-the-second countdown to an announcement. Really.
  • Syrette 1 Mar 2012 18:50:44 43,342 posts
    Seen 58 seconds ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Confirmation that the above images were legit, in case you don't read the front page:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-03-01-official-assassins-creed-3-box-art-confirms-american-revolution-setting

• Bremenacht 1 Mar 2012 18:55:56 17,843 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Giant redwoods, evil brits, noble french&injuns, dlc galore and an unhealhy amount of pew.

Pass.
  • Page

of 30 First / Last

Previous