Top Wii Games For The Year

• Page

of 1

Previous Next
  • figaro7 22 Dec 2011 21:19:12 1,370 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    So another year over for the Wii and its fair to say it was probably the worst year for having a decent selection of games throughout. Barring some absolute stunners, whats everyones top Wii games for the year. Seeing as there was bugger all releases, any Wii game you played this year will do.

Mine, undoubtably the top 2 games for the wii this year are Skyward Sword and Xenoblade, hell they are my top 2 games for the year. Both absolute must owns for the genre and both sit in my top 5 wii games on the console.

Other notable games i played or were release this year that rocked for me

Kirbys Epic yarn, loved it, was a little easy but was very enjoyable and the art style, incredible.

Rayman Origins, while multiplat, didnt stop it from being any less awesome on the wii, could be hard at times, but its charm, solid gameplay, art style and crazy sound fx are hard to ignore.

Motorheroz, while slagged in the Eurogamer review i still found this one of the best wiiware games going around, looked amazing, was a decent length and had plenty of trial and error, noneless awesome.

De Blob 2, nearly forgot this beauty, fantastic gameplay, the inclusion of the 2d sections was welcomed and outside the galaxy games, this is one of the best 3d platform series on the platform. Just suffered a little of its fresh gameplay for being a sequel however.

Other notable games i played this year that werent released this year.

Prince of Persia: Forgotten sands, different from the HD counterparts, ground up for the wii and it shows, thoroughly enjoyable, played through it twice, tailored gameplay that actually takes advantage of the wiis pointer quite well.

Guilty Gear accent core/plus: Nice surprise when i was searching for a cheap but decent 2d fighter and this didnt disappoint, crazy, over the top, took a while for me to get going but, you could still button mash and something awesome happened. Accent core plus was actually released this year in PAL regions, which i nabbed from ebay, apparently they didnt make many copies of the game though.

Rune factory Frontier: Really need to put more time into this, played it for a solid couple dozen hours but still felt like i was getting nowhere at times, will def get back into it at some stage.

A shadows tale: Managed to plough through this earlier this year and a pleasent surprise this was, did drag on towards the end though.

Biggest disappointment was kirbys adventure Wii, really tried to like it but from a single player perspective, just didnt bring anything fresh to the table.

So Top 5 for the year

Zelda Skyward Sword
    Xenoblade Chronicles
    Kirbys Epic yarn
    Rayman Origins
    Motoheroz

Edited by figaro7 at 21:25:48 22-12-2011
  • DFawkes 22 Dec 2011 21:30:01 23,361 posts
    Seen 17 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    As much as I feel this year has had some great Wii games, I think you've been very thorough in your opening post and have named almost everything I'd have brought up. Very well said :)

Oh for goodness sake, I've caught my scrotum in my zip again - Margaret Thatcher, 1986

• Deleted user 22 December 2011 21:56:28
    I agree with DFawkes. I have nothing to add.

I will reinforce that Epic Yarn was indeed Epic and, indeed, contained much Yarn.
  • Syrette 22 Dec 2011 22:10:33 43,788 posts
    Seen 24 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago

• FuzzyDuck 22 Dec 2011 23:25:54 4,358 posts
    Seen 14 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Zelda's the only game released this year for the Wii that i've got my hands on.

My biggest Wii 'highlight' has been it hitting that sweet spot as a budget console. I picked up Madworld, Epic Mickey and Zack and Wiki (all new) yesterday for 12!
  • Page

of 1

Previous Next