Are they worth getting?

• Page

of 2 First / Last

Previous
  • KennyPowers 21 Dec 2011 15:44:45 94 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I have a yearning to play some Nintendo games, was looking at getting the 3ds.

I do get the feeling that it may slowly die off like the wii has at the moment.

On a side note, I have an old R4ds card from an old NDS, do these work in the 3ds?

Cheers.

:o
  • DFawkes 21 Dec 2011 16:04:48 22,619 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Yes, it's worth getting, though I don't feel my opinion is in any way valid. No, the Wii hasn't died, and has indeed had some of it's strongest releases recently, but given past generations have been over in the same 5 year timespan I don't think that's anything to be ashamed of even if it was dying off.

I'm fairly sure that no, your copyright infringement device won't work as is ;)

I'd kick the living daylights out of the producers of Tipping Point - Ghandi

• crisotunity 21 Dec 2011 16:25:42 149 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Because of its low price, you could buy a 3DS just to play Super Mario 3D, Mario Kart and Starfox to your heart's delight; and then sell the whole lot for very little loss.
  • Popzeus 21 Dec 2011 16:59:26 8,272 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    1. Yes
    2. Everything will eventually
    3. No

Currently playing: Standing In A Car Park Simulator 2013

• cowell 22 Dec 2011 11:40:36 683 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I've had mine since launch and have changed my mind about whether its worth having or not.

Right now I am feeling pretty spoiled. Mario 3D, Mario Kart and the GBA Ambassador games are making me pretty happy at the moment.
  • cowell 22 Dec 2011 11:40:39 683 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I've had mine since launch and have changed my mind about whether its worth having or not.

Right now I am feeling pretty spoiled. Mario 3D, Mario Kart and the GBA Ambassador games are making me pretty happy at the moment.
  • nickthegun 22 Dec 2011 11:43:16 58,907 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Yeah. The GBA games are well worth 120 quid of anyones money.

---------------------------------------------------------
    He totally called it

• KennyPowers 22 Dec 2011 12:11:14 94 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    That's what pisses me off a bit with Nintendo (and Sony/Microshit to some extent), is that they rely on their successful back catalogues to pump out re-releases and HD remakes. Old Zelda games, Metal Gear and Halo are/were awesome, but its time to move on!
  • Deleted user 22 December 2011 12:18:43
    KennyPowers wrote:
    That's what pisses me off a bit with Nintendo (and Sony/Microshit to some extent), is that they rely on their successful back catalogues to pump out re-releases and HD remakes. Old Zelda games, Metal Gear and Halo are/were awesome, but its time to move on!
    Why does it bother you? There's people that haven't played these games and it makes no difference to you whatsoever.
  • nickthegun 22 Dec 2011 12:22:51 58,907 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    The screen is also criminally low res.

He totally called it

• cowell 22 Dec 2011 12:46:15 683 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    nickthegun wrote:
    Yeah. The GBA games are well worth 120 quid of anyones money.
    Not exactly but I'm more than happy with the offer since the price drop
  • Syrette 22 Dec 2011 12:55:58 43,125 posts
    Seen 47 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    CrispyXUK wrote:
    KennyPowers wrote:
    Why does it bother you? There's people that haven't played these games and it makes no difference to you whatsoever.
    Agreed, but then again it's perhaps done at the expense of new IP.

• Deleted user 22 December 2011 12:56:54
    nickthegun wrote:
    The screen is also criminally low res.
    I suppose it was that or no 3D, I'm happier with the 3D
  • nickthegun 22 Dec 2011 12:58:39 58,907 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I would have preferred the screen res, to be honest. Its going to be far more useful in the long run, but then it would have been the DS1.5 and with no USP, would have died a horrible death.

He totally called it

• Deleted user 22 December 2011 12:59:49
    Syrette wrote:
    CrispyXUK wrote:
    KennyPowers wrote:
    Which of course, it isn't
  • RyanDS 22 Dec 2011 13:01:50 9,070 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I'd say no. Rather wait for them to come down to a reasonable price and some more decent games are released. (Actually, I'd say wait for the rvision that includes a proper battery as well.)
  • Deleted user 22 December 2011 13:02:44
    right
  • Syrette 22 Dec 2011 13:10:36 43,125 posts
    Seen 47 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    CrispyXUK wrote:
    Syrette wrote:
    CrispyXUK wrote:
    KennyPowers wrote:
    Which of course, it isn't
    Oh OK, if you say so.

Wasn't aware you were on speaking terms with the higher ups at the big 3.

• KennyPowers 22 Dec 2011 13:36:26 94 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I might wait, see what their next plans are. I love Nintendo games, but they try and be too innovative with their hardware.

I'm sure I saw somewhere on tinternet that they are releasing an add-on analogue stick to use with certain games. Y U NO dual-analogue from the start Ninty!!!
  • Raiko101 22 Dec 2011 15:08:44 6,098 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    It's probably because so few games require dual analogs. Let's face it, unless you're playing an FPS, you don't really need it. Not even Resident Evil: Revelations needs it. It's just there to win over the more stubborn gamer and for developers who are too lazy to properly develop games around the hardware. The Circle Pad Pro is really just the 3DS's Classic Controller, and I doubt it'll ever be more than that.

3DS: 4210 4002 8289 (Dave)
    Wii U: Raiko87
    Xbox Live: Raiko87

• MoGamer2006 22 Dec 2011 15:16:27 975 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I think the deal with the Circle Pro Pad was simply to make the port of Monster Hunter quicker from a dev point-of-view and an easier sell to the hardcore users already familiar with its control layout - Nintendo knew the impact the game would have on 3DS sales and clearly wanted it out ASAP. As Raiko101 says, I don't see the Circle Pad being a de factor requirement of future games.
  • KennyPowers 22 Dec 2011 22:53:25 94 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Hmmm, reminiscent of the add-ons like Wii MotionPlus, or that N64 4Mb expansion thing, or even the rumble pack.

Nintendo like their accessories...

Edited by KennyPowers at 22:53:41 22-12-2011
  • Deleted user 22 December 2011 23:11:21
    Syrette wrote:

Oh OK, if you say so.

Wasn't aware you were on speaking terms with the higher ups at the big 3.
    It's well known which studios do what, I highly doubt they'd get Tokyo EAD to port some GBA games, it's totally illogical.

Edited by CrispyXUK at 23:15:40 22-12-2011
  • MadCaddy13 16 Jan 2012 07:30:01 1,858 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    KennyPowers wrote:
    Hmmm, reminiscent of the add-ons like Wii MotionPlus, or that N64 4Mb expansion thing, or even the rumble pack.

Nintendo like their accessories...

Edited by KennyPowers at 22:53:41 22-12-2011
    ahhhh the rumble pack....

/reminisces
  • MrTomFTW Moderator 16 Jan 2012 07:31:28 37,392 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Game Boy Advance. I'm assuming you're pretty young :)

Follow me on Twitter: @MrTom
    Voted by the community "Best mod" 2011, 2012 and 2013.

• Kay 24 Jan 2012 12:41:38 17,763 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Bottom screen can't be turned off. Yes, you can play Chinatown Wars (and all other DS games, possible aside from the ones that require a GBA slot accessory) on it.

You can, but it will depend on which games are added to the VC. At the moment you can play the first GB Mario Land games.

Games are on the same sort of cart as the DS. All saves are on the cart itself.

Edited by Kay at 12:42:19 24-01-2012
  • Page

of 2 First / Last

Previous