LEGO LEGO LEGO Page 29

• Page

of 130 First / Last

• Khanivor 13 Feb 2013 23:23:37 40,403 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    If you're looking to buy Lego in a brick and mortar store in the US then I'd recommend Walmart or Target. The latter does do some marking up but both also have exclusive sets which can't be had elsewhere. Check the clearance aisle.

As you're in Florida try and find a Krogers; from what I've read this supermarket sometimes has good deals.

I have no idea if your itinerary allows it but the Legoland in FL is only a couple of hours away from Disney and is great. Lots of Lego available to buy. They even have a minifigure store where you can shoplift I mean buy minifigures you build from parts bins.
  • Khanivor 13 Feb 2013 23:28:49 40,403 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    While on the subject, I've only ever paid RRP for stuff I've bought from the Legostore. Otherwise I wait for shit to go on sale. It's a game of patience, and checking price trackers and forums has now become a daily ritual for me. It's worth it though, when you can find something for 35% or more off on Amazon or find a shop doing a BOGO 50% off which also has free shipping and some coupons.
  • FWB 13 Feb 2013 23:32:07 43,878 posts
    Seen 59 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    The Lego store in Westfield in west London let's you build your own minifigures. Shit choices though. I was going to buy a turn of personalised ones for friends and families, but not enough parts to really do them justice.
  • boo 14 Feb 2013 07:31:44 11,706 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Just a heads up for anybody close enough to get to the new Lego store at Watford. Although they've been trading for a few weeks, the official opening approaches...

"Make sure to come to Watford on 21st, 22nd, and 23rd February to join the Grand Opening Event at the official LEGO Store! Get an exclusive free gift on each day when you spend 25 or more! Plus take part in our fun in-store raffle and win great prizes!"

Just Another Lego Blog

• Lukree 14 Feb 2013 09:16:16 158 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    FWB wrote:
    She has been very good. I bought a shelf unit for next to the TV. All it does is display my collection and she said it looked nice. Although she is pretty damn relaxed anyway.
    I would like to know what kind of medication you are giving to her?
  • THFourteen 14 Feb 2013 09:38:34 32,883 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Ha. I reckon my falcon will have to be displayed in the study near the computer or the garage near my gym stuff. Once I buy the house that is.

Otherwise it will be displayed in its box in a cupboard.
  • Khanivor 14 Feb 2013 19:10:29 40,403 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I've started buying the SW planets. Pretty cool, but I'd like to hang the actual planets up. Let's see how that goes down. Reckon I'll put them up over the computer desk, which is already a haven of toys.

I have the rest of my SW Lego on a bookshelf, but it's already overcrowded and that's before I build the shuttle. I think I may build a custom display unit for it all.

The Fire Brigade set does sit on an end table by the sofa. I'm lucky that my woman likes Lego and this is a Lego family. I got her daughter into Lego a few years ago; she has a bookshelf stuffed with her Lego and most of my old stuff sits down in her room for her and her friends to play with. I'm already looking at Duplo to decide what baby's first Lego will be. Thing ain't even born yet :)
  • captbirdseye 14 Feb 2013 20:08:06 4,787 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Is the Marvel stuff any good? Some of the standalone figures look a bit odd.
  • MightyMetalMonkey 15 Feb 2013 10:37:24 600 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    captbirdseye wrote:
    I got the set with Wolverine, Deadpool and Magneto - There was also a helicopter for some reason.

Wolverines claws are great - The minifig has to hold them in the hand - so you can give any character Wolverine claws!
  • THFourteen 15 Feb 2013 12:23:26 32,883 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    captbirdseye wrote:
    I thought the spiderman minifig looked really odd.

Seem to have gotten away with my falcon, there was an initial "OMG A ONE HUNDRED POUND LEGO!?!??" but that soon was forgotten.

Am told i cant build it before we move house though, which makes sense as i'd just have to unpick it all and put it back in the box :-(
  • captbirdseye 15 Feb 2013 14:12:38 4,787 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Cheers guys might have to get some. Anyone got the larger Marvel figures you build?
  • boo 15 Feb 2013 14:47:13 11,706 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Looks like Boots are offering a selection of Lego at 1/3rd off, including some Marvel stuff.

Just Another Lego Blog

• MightyMetalMonkey 15 Feb 2013 15:00:58 600 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    THFourteen wrote:
    captbirdseye wrote:
    I thought the spiderman minifig looked really odd.

Seem to have gotten away with my falcon, there was an initial "OMG A ONE HUNDRED POUND LEGO!?!??" but that soon was forgotten.

Am told i cant build it before we move house though, which makes sense as i'd just have to unpick it all and put it back in the box :-(
    It's a trap!

She'll get very annoyed when you take two steps into the house and sit down to start building... Expect lots of words about unpacking etc... possibly some swearing...
  • Singularity 16 Feb 2013 08:18:34 2,434 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    @captbirdseye

I got the Hulk breakout, Loki's escape and the Cap one, so I have all the Avengers, bar Black Widow.

The minifigs are ace, especially Hulk, Iron Man and Loki. The rest of vehicles/backdrops are a little bit meh.
  • boo 16 Feb 2013 09:18:41 11,706 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    New Ultimate Collector Series X-Wing announced.

Cue much grumbling in the Lego community, as people who bought the original 2000 UCS X-Wing now complain that it's been relegated to 'Penultimate', and resellers fear for their profit margins as they wonder if everybody who was prepared to pay over the odds for an original will now think 'I'll just get the new one instead.'

Just Another Lego Blog

• PazJohnMitch 16 Feb 2013 10:55:54 7,833 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Awesome. That is precisely the piece of Lego Star Wars I wanted!
  • THFourteen 16 Feb 2013 11:00:30 32,883 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Oh noes. I want that AND R2.
  • Tonka 16 Feb 2013 12:42:46 20,025 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Awaits millennium falcon reboot.

If you can read this you really need to fiddle with your forum settings.

• Tonka 16 Feb 2013 12:44:57 20,025 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Any EG LEGO lovers in Brighton?
    http://www.brothers-brick.com/2013/02/13/wolverine-minifig-street-art-in-brighton-england/

• Khanivor 16 Feb 2013 14:14:35 40,403 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I've already got the money set aside for the Xwing :)
  • morriss 17 Feb 2013 05:42:55 70,911 posts
    Seen 6 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I now own Eomer in LEGO. My life is complete.
  • Tonka 17 Feb 2013 08:15:13 20,025 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Oh boy, artifex is going 3D. Good thing I have a pair of stereoscopic glasses at work!

• Tonka 18 Feb 2013 10:33:58 20,025 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    The Police Officer I traded for with boo is getting busy.

Edited by Tonka at 10:34:37 18-02-2013

• boo 18 Feb 2013 11:05:20 11,706 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Ah! Beating up hippies! Good to see he's upholding a long standing Police tradition.

Just Another Lego Blog

• the_dudefather 18 Feb 2013 11:17:24 9,207 posts
    Seen 11 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Think I've now gotten all the minifigs that I consider 'rad' in series 9, no dupes or ones that I consider 'bogus', a big change from my series 8 experience

-Julius Caeser!
    -Dr Jekyl and Mr Hyde!
    -Fortune Teller!
    -Judge!
    -Cyclops!

(ง ͠ ͟ʖ ͡)

• TheSaint 19 Feb 2013 12:54:14 14,201 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Saw the VW Camper in the Brighton store the other day. Looks like a good value set for 80 and even more tempting when I have a John Lewis voucher burning a hole in my pocket.

Anyone on here got that set?
  • captbirdseye 19 Feb 2013 13:15:09 4,787 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Bought the new Star Wars A-wing the other day. Pretty fun build and it looks pretty good compared with some of the recent releases. You also get the new Han Solo minfig.
  • boo 20 Feb 2013 13:48:16 11,706 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    TheSaint wrote:
    Saw the VW Camper in the Brighton store the other day. Looks like a good value set for 80 and even more tempting when I have a John Lewis voucher burning a hole in my pocket.

Been very tempted by it, and a couple of people I know have bought it and rate it.
    I've heard rumours that it's due to go end-of-life in the next few months, so if you can afford it, I'd say get it. Makes a great display piece.

Just Another Lego Blog

• ZuluHero 20 Feb 2013 14:07:56 4,030 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    TheSaint wrote:

I go to that store a lot, I might have seen you there and never known...
  • Tonka 21 Feb 2013 09:25:36 20,025 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Now that I drive a VW I might buy the camper set.
    /drives a Golf

• Page

of 130 First / Last