LEGO LEGO LEGO Page 26

• Page

of 149 First / Last

• dsmx 31 Jan 2013 16:32:34 7,732 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    It probably is but the ability to make any lego brick you need at home is a wonderful thought.

"If we hit that bullseye the rest of the dominoes will fall like a a house of cards, checkmate." Zapp Brannigan

• Khanivor 1 Feb 2013 00:59:11 41,266 posts
    Seen 13 seconds ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    UK store selling all Lego at 20% off and 50% off series 9 minifigs.
  • funkyshaker 1 Feb 2013 16:53:15 479 posts
    Seen 23 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Today I got made redundant so what better way to cheer me up? I bought this bad boy:

This will cheer me up
  • Flying_Pig 1 Feb 2013 17:03:30 11,505 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    @funkyshaker - Bad luck :(

At least you'll have plenty to occupy you. Looks like an amazing set
  • MightyMetalMonkey 1 Feb 2013 17:09:19 600 posts
    Seen 5 months ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    funkyshaker wrote:
    Today I got made redundant so what better way to cheer me up? I bought this bad boy:

This will cheer me up
    Sorry for your gain of free time and lack of need to be up early every work day...

Hang on...
  • MightyMetalMonkey 1 Feb 2013 17:15:52 600 posts
    Seen 5 months ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    On another note, I was surprised to see that one of the Fortune Tellers Tarot cards is the Tower. I guess that they wanted it to be recognisable and felt they couldn't use Death for a kids collectable...(Although they do ghosts and skeletons and mummies etc...)

I want a full set of Major Arcana in Lego now...
  • funkyshaker 1 Feb 2013 20:35:43 479 posts
    Seen 23 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Cheers guys - something will work out. I'm just starting the crawler - will post pics later
  • boo 1 Feb 2013 23:15:43 11,936 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Sorry to hear about the job, funkyshaker.
    Unless, of course, you hated it and wanted out, in which case, \o/

Crawler looks like a whole bunch of work. Enjoy the build!

Just Another Lego Blog

• EMarkM 2 Feb 2013 07:17:01 3,434 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Anyone else see those Mythbusters minifigs on Twitter? Pretty cool!
  • D_arkTrooper 2 Feb 2013 12:43:35 1,348 posts
    Seen 49 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    The Star Wars ARC-Trooper mini-figure is all kinds of awesome. Got one last week.

3DS Friend Code : 5000-2484-1471

Animal Crossing alter ego: Andy from Stoke

• FWB 2 Feb 2013 12:44:46 45,613 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    New films. Won't touch them with a barge pole.
  • boo 2 Feb 2013 14:43:29 11,936 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    The Lego stores had an AFOL (Adult Fan Of Lego) event today. The shops opened an hour early and there was 15% off everything.

Only meant to get a couple of little Technic kits...

...got them, plus a Power Functions set.

Plus a UCS R2-D2!

Just Another Lego Blog

• Tonka 2 Feb 2013 14:59:45 21,354 posts
    Seen 30 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Well done!

If you can read this you really need to fiddle with your forum settings.

• Flying_Pig 2 Feb 2013 20:37:17 11,505 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Flying_Pig wrote:
    Flying_Pig wrote:
    Well, thanks to the amazing @boo getting me this Lego set for my belated EG Secret Santa, I've decided to use my PlayTrade funds to buy myself this Pick-Up truck!

/excited
    Shipped :D

My son (3) is even more excited than me - keeps asking if it's arrived yet...
    So this arrives earlier this week, although we had to wait until today to build it. Anyway, this is certainly the most complex build I've ever had to do and the most modern Technic set I own. I was astounded by the detail and sophistication of the set. Truly amazing.

Pictures here (hopefully - I'm new to this photo sharing lark...)

A genuinely excellent set and one I would definitely recommend.

Question is now - what set next? :D
  • boo 2 Feb 2013 21:17:06 11,936 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    That's very cool! Saw it this morning in the Lego store and the pictures in the catalogue don't do it justice. When you see it 'in the plastic', it's very impressive.

If you're looking for something else around the same price point, I've picked this up. You can build it as is, but then later, you can pick up a power function set and rebuild it as a motorised model.

Does your truck have a 'B' model? Sometimes you have to go to Lego.com to download alternate build instructions.

Just Another Lego Blog

• the_dudefather 2 Feb 2013 23:16:56 9,418 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Built this Technic Tractor today

First bit of Technic I've built for years, pretty fun, and the spinny tool thing at the back has some cool mechanics

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gEJHrmliVQw

(ง ͠ ͟ʖ ͡)

• Short-Round 2 Feb 2013 23:58:12 1,181 posts
    Seen 3 weeks ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @funkyshaker Sorry to hear about the job mate. Hopefully the Lego is distracting you.

@boo I only noticed today that you joined brickset :/ Sorry I haven't said hi, but I rarely visit the forum, as they rarely talk about Lego as anything other than a commodity. Have you joined Eurobricks yet? It's a much friendlier community where people who actually enjoy building hang out (no depressing shelf clearing/ reselling bollocks), and there's sub-forums to cater to every Lego fetish.

Congrats on R2-D2. He's a great build, and one of a small number of 1000+ piece sets that's not an awkward shape and size to display. Surprised you forked out for brick separators, you'll be drowning in the things before long (there's one in R2-D2 for starters).
  • funkyshaker 3 Feb 2013 00:44:01 479 posts
    Seen 23 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Finished the 4x4 Crawler today. Great build - looks like Technic models are becoming a firm favourite.

Crawler addition

Thanks for all the kind words too - hopefully have an interview on Tuesday!

Edited by funkyshaker at 00:44:55 03-02-2013
  • Flying_Pig 3 Feb 2013 09:17:21 11,505 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    @boo - it does have a B model, but instructions are download only :/
  • boo 3 Feb 2013 09:50:00 11,936 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    @Short-Round
    Cheers for the Eurobricks heads up. I'm still making my mind up about Brickset. The whole 'buying for reseliing' and going to stores where there are bargains and clearing the shelves does seem to be a priority.
    Spoke to one of the mods, who said that it's just a small part of it.

Might have a look and see what Eurobricks is like. (Eurobricks? Eurogamer? It's not another of Rauper's sites, is it?)

;o)

Just Another Lego Blog

• the_dudefather 4 Feb 2013 10:15:15 9,418 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    They got the series 9 minifigs in my local supermarket, got the exact one I wanted this morning (the Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde style one)

I win this round Lego!

(ง ͠ ͟ʖ ͡)

• morriss 4 Feb 2013 15:24:22 71,286 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I ordered the LEGO Batcave (used) for an incredible 80 (350 on EBay). However I got sent this as well! http://t.co/bTmygf0z

I don't know why he sent me that too, but that's 50 in the shops at the moment.

Mental.
  • Flying_Pig 4 Feb 2013 16:39:27 11,505 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Flying_Pig wrote:
    Flying_Pig wrote:
    Flying_Pig wrote:
    Well, thanks to the amazing @boo getting me this Lego set for my belated EG Secret Santa, I've decided to use my PlayTrade funds to buy myself this Pick-Up truck!

/excited
    Shipped :D

My son (3) is even more excited than me - keeps asking if it's arrived yet...
    So this arrived earlier this week, although we had to wait until today to build it. Anyway, this is certainly the most complex build I've ever had to do and the most modern Technic set I own. I was astounded by the detail and sophistication of the set. Truly amazing.

Pictures here (hopefully - I'm new to this photo sharing lark...)

A genuinely excellent set and one I would definitely recommend.

Question is now - what set next? :D
    Having given my own question some thought, I think I'll go for smaller models. As much as I loved the complexity of the bigger tow truck, part of the current interest is because it's something that I can build with the 'help' of my 3 year-old son. The bigger models just take too long to make and he loses interest.

There's also the fact that I can get 3-4 smaller models for the price of one larger one....
  • Tonka 4 Feb 2013 16:47:36 21,354 posts
    Seen 30 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    morriss wrote:
    I ordered the LEGO Batcave (used) for an incredible 80 (350 on EBay). However I got sent this as well! http://t.co/bTmygf0z

I don't know why he sent me that too, but that's 50 in the shops at the moment.

Mental.
    Deal of the millenium. You lucky lucky bastard.

• masterson 4 Feb 2013 16:51:27 182 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    After a month of no smoking, the wife and I treated ourselves (er, I mean the boy) to Arkham Asylum. Here begins the slippery slope into Lego DC Heroes completionism....

Edited by masterson at 16:52:09 04-02-2013
  • FWB 4 Feb 2013 16:55:28 45,613 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    You can't get the Lego superheroes by themselves, can you? I'd quite like a Spiderman figure to attach to the bottom of the light chord in the bathroom.
  • boo 4 Feb 2013 23:21:40 11,936 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I think that this is the cheapest way you can get hold of Spiderman, although you may find some on ebay just selling the minifig on it's own.

Just Another Lego Blog

• FWB 4 Feb 2013 23:25:28 45,613 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Hmm. Ta. The other stuff in there, Venom aside, does little for me. But the pieces might be of use else where.
  • Tonka 5 Feb 2013 07:00:30 21,354 posts
    Seen 30 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Don't ebay single figures. Go to bricklink instead. I bought a Hoth suited Han Solo pretty cheap from there.

Edited by Tonka at 07:03:31 05-02-2013

• Page

of 149 First / Last