LEGO LEGO LEGO Page 3

• Page

of 138 First / Last

• FWB 17 Dec 2011 10:05:42 44,585 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Is it me or has it got really expensive?

Are there only the white and yellow skin tones? Can you get brown?
  • Tonka 17 Dec 2011 10:16:25 20,452 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    There is a wide range of skin tones. Any colour you could imagine basically. Plus different expressions and special prints

here

Edited by Tonka at 10:18:00 17-12-2011

If you can read this you really need to fiddle with your forum settings.

• FWB 17 Dec 2011 10:19:38 44,585 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Ahh cool. I want to get a few make-your-own figures representing people for Christmas.

Anyone know if they have those selections in the Lego store in Westfields in W.London?
  • sport 17 Dec 2011 14:49:39 12,739 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Hopefully I'll have some cash for my bday at the end of Jan, coz I got this in "mind" - LEGO Mindstorms

Actually came down to 100 recently at Argos, but shot back up in no time :-(

You can control it through Android too \o/
  • HoriZon 17 Dec 2011 17:24:31 13,548 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    sport wrote:
    Hopefully I'll have some cash for my bday at the end of Jan, coz I got this in "mind" - LEGO Mindstorms

Ya big kid!

I used to be a gamer like you, then I took an arrow in the knee.

• Dougs 17 Dec 2011 19:01:06 67,805 posts
    Seen 24 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    bdaggers wrote:
    Anyone that buys Lego in Hamleys needs their head reading. Fucking robbing prices, sets I noticed were 50% more than Toys R Us.

I know it's a tourist attraction and it's central London yadda yadda, but c'mon !
    To be fair, that is their market. Tourists and rich fuckers. Not that he sets the prices, and despite being a flag ship store, Hamley's is a tiny proportion of Lego's sales across the uk
  • jonsaan 17 Dec 2011 19:03:10 25,352 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Lego prices are pretty insane in general if you ask me.

FCUTA!

• PazJohnMitch 17 Dec 2011 19:21:45 8,078 posts
    Seen 42 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Dougs wrote:
    bdaggers wrote:
    Anyone that buys Lego in Hamleys needs their head reading. Fucking robbing prices, sets I noticed were 50% more than Toys R Us.

I know it's a tourist attraction and it's central London yadda yadda, but c'mon !
    To be fair, that is their market. Tourists and rich fuckers. Not that he sets the prices, and despite being a flag ship store, Hamley's is a tiny proportion of Lego's sales across the uk
    There is also that the Toys 'R' Us' in London are all difficult to reach whereas Hamleys is just off Oxford Street.
  • Tonka 4 Jan 2012 11:03:50 20,452 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Shaun of the Dead

Not bad eh?
    Don't miss the interior

• boo 4 Jan 2012 11:15:50 11,786 posts
    Seen 11 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Just before Christmas, the Telegraph Motoring section reveiwed the new Lego Unimog kit.

They put this video up of it being built.

"I'll have that done in about 4 hours!" said Mr Editor...

Oh no you won't!

Just Another Lego Blog

• mikew1985 4 Jan 2012 11:17:54 12,756 posts
    Seen 40 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    HoriZon wrote:
    sport wrote:

Ya big kid!
    The memories!

I was lucky enough that for Christmas one year Santa saved real hard and got me the first LEGO mindstorms kit. I remember being convinced it was way too expensive for my parents to get it for me.

It was the perfect amalgamtion of my love of Lego, Robots and computery things. Nerd heaven.

Speaking of Lego Miondstorms has everyone seen this video, it's pretty impressive.
  • sport 4 Jan 2012 11:44:43 12,739 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    mikew1985 wrote:
    HoriZon wrote:
    sport wrote:

Ya big kid!
    The memories!

I was lucky enough that for Christmas one year Santa saved real hard and got me the first LEGO mindstorms kit. I remember being convinced it was way too expensive for my parents to get it for me.

It was the perfect amalgamtion of my love of Lego, Robots and computery things. Nerd heaven.

Speaking of Lego Miondstorms has everyone seen this video, it's pretty impressive.
    I was reading up on using the .Net framework to program the Mindstorms kit - there's a great tutorial on Channel9. You can basically control your Robot with your Xbox 360 controller. Then slap on a bluetooth webcam sending images to an android tablet, and you've got a "IRL FPS".
  • LockeTribal 4 Jan 2012 12:04:33 4,515 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    mikew1985 wrote:

Speaking of Lego Mindstorms has everyone seen this video, it's pretty impressive.
    Some people have far too much time on their hands if they're able to design, build and program something like that.

How I wish I was one of them!

I remember the first proper Technic set I got - was that yellow hydraulic dumper truck :) Can still remember how good it felt to get all the hydraulics working properly.
  • mikew1985 4 Jan 2012 12:11:55 12,756 posts
    Seen 40 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    sport wrote:
    mikew1985 wrote:
    HoriZon wrote:
    sport wrote:

Ya big kid!
    The memories!

I was reading up on using the .Net framework to program the Mindstorms kit - there's a great tutorial on Channel9. You can basically control your Robot with your Xbox 360 controller. Then slap on a bluetooth webcam sending images to an android tablet, and you've got a "IRL FPS".
    Surely not on the original RCX block with its wonderful 32k of memory!

I'm very tempted to dig it out and start fiddling around again, though I'm not sure I even still have the infrared legoblock/data transmitter.
  • sport 4 Jan 2012 12:16:45 12,739 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @mikew1985 - yeah, I'm referring more to the new NXT kits.
  • Tonka 4 Jan 2012 12:48:33 20,452 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I got the first MINDSTORMS kit for my 30th birthday.
    Best present ever. I had so much fun with that. It was during my single years as well. Used to build robots and program them until the sun came up.

I was blody serious about it too. Had one navigate by means of "lighthouses". Made another one that turned my NGC on and off if I flashed a light at it.

• Ignatius_Cheese Moderator 4 Jan 2012 12:54:42 10,856 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Holy SHIT! The latest Lego Technic sets are awesome! I'm very tempted to order the Unimog and Supercar as a post-Christmas treat for me and my dad.

Loved Lego Technic back in the day...

*sigh*
  • mikew1985 4 Jan 2012 13:12:01 12,756 posts
    Seen 40 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Tonka wrote:
    Best present ever. I had so much fun with that. It was during my single years as well. Used to build robots and program them until the sun came up.

I was blody serious about it too. Had one navigate by means of "lighthouses". Made another one that turned my NGC on and off if I flashed a light at it.
    Single years you say?

;)
  • sport 4 Jan 2012 13:14:33 12,739 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    mikew1985 wrote:
    Tonka wrote:

Single years you say?

;)
    He built a robot wife \o/
  • Tonka 4 Jan 2012 13:15:51 20,452 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    It was all voluntarily. Naturally.
    I mean, who wouldn't want a man that can turn his game cube off with a flashlight?

• sport 4 Jan 2012 13:17:28 12,739 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Tonka wrote:
    It was all voluntarily. Naturally.
    I mean, who wouldn't want a man that can turn his game cube off with a flashlight?
    Do that with a fleshlight and you got my attention.
  • Tonka 4 Jan 2012 13:45:38 20,452 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Back to the idea of the robotic wife are we?

• Khanivor 4 Jan 2012 14:58:17 40,795 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I've still got the blue Technics rally car, mostly in one piece. Some of the bits have come loose and disappeared into the pile but that thing has only been rebuilt once, not long after being received for a present back in the 80s.
  • Tonka 13 Feb 2012 13:37:54 20,452 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    New super awesome LEGO product line.
    Monster Fighters

Marvel Superheroes look suitably pants.

LotR Sets look good

• sport 13 Feb 2012 16:06:44 12,739 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Tonka wrote:
    New super awesome LEGO product line.
    Monster Fighters

Marvel Superheroes look suitably pants.

LotR Sets look good
    Yeah, my 3 year old got the new Batman from his Gran that looks similar to the marvel sets. It's not really "Lego" though as I know it. Anyway, he's back to making "droids" with the pieces from the Star Wars Advent Calendar.
  • Tonka 14 Feb 2012 07:18:03 20,452 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Superman comes with a cool Mecha. And I saw that there will be a cool samurai mecha with one of the new Ninjago sets.

Edited by Tonka at 07:20:27 14-02-2012

• CaptMagic 14 Feb 2012 21:37:16 3 posts
    Seen 8 months ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    I love Lego, I haven't played with mine foe a while, only because of School and other things going on in my life, But from time to time I do like playing with them to bring back all those memories of child hood.
  • morriss 14 Feb 2012 21:57:45 71,002 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I'm going to LEGO World in Copenhagen on Saturday, can't wait.

Oh, and recently I have bought this: http://lego.wikia.com/wiki/9492_TIE_Fighter

and this

http://lego.wikia.com/wiki/6209_Slave_I

Slave I is fucking awesome.
  • Tonka 15 Feb 2012 09:30:16 20,452 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    My friend is taking his son to that same LEGO world thing in CPH and I'm so jealous. Can't wait for Kid A to grow old enough to appreciate something like that.

The Slave 1 ship is really cool. Boba Fett makes for a great mini fig.

This upcoming Jabba Palace is drool worthy.

• sport 15 Feb 2012 10:26:20 12,739 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Tonka wrote:
    My friend is taking his son to that same LEGO world thing in CPH and I'm so jealous. Can't wait for Kid A to grow old enough to appreciate something like that.

The Slave 1 ship is really cool. Boba Fett makes for a great mini fig.

This upcoming Jabba Palace is drool worthy.
    Ha! Slave 1 is the set my boy wants for his birthday in March. He's obsessed with bounty hunters. He actually likes Jango Fett Slave 1 ship more - it's got some great minifigures like Dengar, IG-88 etc, but the thing is about 160 - not gonna happen.
  • Page

of 138 First / Last