LEGO LEGO LEGO Page 9

• Page

of 137 First / Last

• sport 5 Sep 2012 09:47:26 12,723 posts
    Seen 21 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Ha, my sis worked at FrightFest last weekend and managed to get 2 Monster Fighter sets for free - part of some giveaway. She made my boy very very happy :-)
  • FWB 5 Sep 2012 16:02:21 44,567 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Anyone got any of the Star Wars mini-universe sets? They're doing Series 2 - AT-ST, X-Wing and Cloud City Pod Ship in a bundle for 30. Worth it?
  • hypernova 5 Sep 2012 20:20:47 1,967 posts
    Seen 9 months ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    The nine circles of hell
  • Khanivor 9 Sep 2012 19:32:11 40,741 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    @Tonka - If you are interested I can buy them for you and ship them over. Shipping will be a killer though, probably in the region of $50 to ship via USPS, which means no tracking.
  • Tonka 10 Sep 2012 06:35:16 20,409 posts
    Seen 47 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    @Khanivor It's great to know that I now have the option. And the mark up on LEGO in Sweden might very well justify a $50 shipping on some sets.

Ah, maybe I should just take the missus and Kid A and go to the states... Fill out bags with Lego... and burgers.

If you can read this you really need to fiddle with your forum settings.

• Tonka 10 Sep 2012 14:10:53 20,409 posts
    Seen 47 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Tonka wrote:
    Ooohhh.. Lego Gold Mine WANT!
    Got!
    Plus I'm trading a set for a bunch of LEGO City Vehicles and the Robber's Hideout.

• FWB 10 Sep 2012 15:55:38 44,567 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    What is the best place to buy bricks? Ideally small ones. Want to go for mini-models.
  • hypernova 10 Sep 2012 17:05:39 1,967 posts
    Seen 9 months ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    FWB wrote:
    What is the best place to buy bricks? Ideally small ones. Want to go for mini-models.
    Stock up on the games when they're on offer. Very good price-per-piece ratio, even at rrp, and mostly small bricks, plates and tiles.
  • Tonka 11 Sep 2012 11:33:42 20,409 posts
    Seen 47 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    hypernova wrote:
    FWB wrote:
    Stock up on the games when they're on offer. Very good price-per-piece ratio, even at rrp, and mostly small bricks, plates and tiles.
    Clever!

Did you have a look at www.bricklink.com?

• brokenkey 11 Sep 2012 12:11:40 7,028 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Mini-key 2 saw this:
    http://shop.lego.com/en-US/Rock-Band-Minifigure-Accessory-Set-850486

and then made this:

3DS 3497-0122-1484
    XBL/PSN/NNID: CptnBrokenkey

• Tonka 11 Sep 2012 12:59:26 20,409 posts
    Seen 47 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Awesome!

I need to build more and talk less.

• sport 11 Sep 2012 14:36:18 12,723 posts
    Seen 21 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Managed to get some Mindstorms NXT parts off Ebay - got the Brick, Sensors, and Motors and quite a few of the building parts. No instructions or software but I can download both from the Lego website.

Now I'm gonna pick up the Education Resource Kit with loads of parts.
  • sport 12 Sep 2012 16:52:07 12,723 posts
    Seen 21 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    hhhmmmmmm - pretty tempted although postage is a bit steep
  • brokenkey 12 Sep 2012 17:53:20 7,028 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    sport wrote:
    hhhmmmmmm - pretty tempted although postage is a bit steep
    Located in Salford but he calls them "legos" ?

3DS 3497-0122-1484
    XBL/PSN/NNID: CptnBrokenkey

• motti82 12 Sep 2012 20:38:36 2,890 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    You know what, I spotted that auction about three days ago looking for Lego job lots near me. Fucking crazy price, I doubt he'll get 45k for it.
  • sport 14 Sep 2012 12:20:17 12,723 posts
    Seen 21 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    http://i.imgur.com/uz4WC.jpg
  • Khanivor 19 Sep 2012 23:41:35 40,741 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    A quick heads up; for International Pirate Day orders over $100, (not sure about other countries, but it is available) you add the code PLNK and you get a free pirate set. 122 pieces, looks like some kind of game with a pirate ship. Pretty sweet freebie.
  • hypernova 20 Sep 2012 00:56:53 1,967 posts
    Seen 9 months ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    ^Is that at LEGO shop@home? Bit late for us in the UK, Pirate Day is the 19th, we're already on the 20th.

Do you have a link to the promo?
  • FWB 20 Sep 2012 01:05:54 44,567 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Didn't see anything on the Lego site yesterday (19th).
  • Khanivor 20 Sep 2012 01:36:58 40,741 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    The offer is good for sales through the 20th. It's from the Facebook page.

I made an order and changed the region to UK. The free pirate thing was still in the cart, but the free zombie buggie offered in the US on orders over $75 had been removed. So I assume it's good for most regions. Could be wrong but worth giving it a whirl by making an order and putting in the promo code to see if the set is added.
  • hypernova 20 Sep 2012 01:47:15 1,967 posts
    Seen 9 months ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    The freebie

Bit of a bummer if they remove the Zombie Car, as that's more 'exclusive' than the game, as it's not available for sale.
  • hypernova 20 Sep 2012 13:27:28 1,967 posts
    Seen 9 months ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Not sure how into Lego you guys are, but there's a couple of sets you really should get before they're discontinued. 10197 Fire Brigade

They're both almost certain to be discontinued in the run up to Christmas, but all the resellers will hoover up any copies left, especially during the Black Friday sale, so if you want one for personal use, get it while you can. They're two of the best value sets Lego have ever made (about 4pence per piece), enjoyable builds, look great for display and as playsets, if you have kids, and they'll only increase in value when they're gone.

10212 Imperial Shuttle is also likely going this year . Khanivor is in the best position to get this cheap though, being in the US where they sell UCS sets at places like ToysrUs/Walmart/Target etc...

Also, if you don't want to risk waiting for the black friday sale in November, October is double VIP points month (effectively 10% off).

Edited by hypernova at 13:30:15 20-09-2012
  • Khanivor 20 Sep 2012 13:54:30 40,741 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Yeah, I'm going to save up for that shuttle if I can, keeping an eye out for somewhere giving a good deal.
  • hypernova 20 Sep 2012 14:13:19 1,967 posts
    Seen 9 months ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    ^You're lucky mate, that set has had quite a few sales in the US over its life, as you have a wider choice of places to buy it. It's almost certainly going this year though (they now have 5 UCS sets - Super Star Destroyer, Imperial Shuttle, Death Star, R2-D2 and the new B-Wing), so it's likely that Lego have stopped making it, so the only copies left are whats left in the wild.

Beware of resellers though. These scumbags have computer scripts set up to alert them of sales, then selfishly hoover up every copy they can. If it was anything else I might understand, but Lego is a childrens toy after all. Star Wars isn't my thing, but IS does look like a good set (tonnes of white pieces).

Also, while I'm talking about end-of-life sets, this'll be peoples last Xmas to pick up Winter Village Bakery (Winter Toy Shop went last Xmas, so you'll have to pay reseller prices now). The Winter Village sets are great, I'd recommend them for FWB, as they're a cross between the micro-builds of the mini-modulars and the full scale modulars). In fact the new Winter Village Cottage seems a bit out of sorts, as it's bigger, has more pieces and is more expensive than the others in the series.
  • Tonka 20 Sep 2012 22:00:01 20,409 posts
    Seen 47 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    One thing about shop@home that I have noticed is that you can get the same sets for 20% less without even trying. Is that just in sweden? (where TLG famously offsets most of its rnd)

• FWB 20 Sep 2012 22:04:26 44,567 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    The love the shuttle. Probably my favourite set. Just don't have the cash for it atm. Moving home. The town and fire station are cool, especially the latter, but no space for them. Will go for the mini-module town at some point. I'll look at the winter village too. Cheers.

Edited by FWB at 22:06:15 20-09-2012
  • Khanivor 20 Sep 2012 22:05:46 40,741 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Aye, I saw it on sale for 20% off, which is fifty bucks. Didn't have the 200 bucks still needed at the time though. Just paid the mortgage and got a few hundred left so I think a ton of that goes into the Shuttle Tydrium Kitty. Saying that, having not long ago learned I've got a kid on the way I'm not sure the other half would be thrilled if I dropped the price of a crib a Lego kit...

Got my eye on the new B-Wig too, as well as the Sith Interceptor, which although it ain't real SW still looks cool. I have a number of the SW sets on my Amazon wishlist; just need to hit the right conjunction of money to burn on Lego with a 20% discount. Those sales prices sometimes don't even last half a day; I'd have a lot more SW Lego if I wasn't a horrible procrastinator!

I do also want to get that Fire Brigade set; it's brick to dollar ratio is just too good to pass up regardless of the set's own postive points. I'd like the Tower Bridge set for the same reason, even if half of those pieces are probably single bricks. All those town series sets seem to be excellent deals on bricks, plus they all look pretty sweet.
  • Khanivor 20 Sep 2012 22:05:47 40,741 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Aye, I saw it on sale for 20% off, which is fifty bucks. Didn't have the 200 bucks still needed at the time though. Just paid the mortgage and got a few hundred left so I think a ton of that goes into the Shuttle Tydrium Kitty. Saying that, having not long ago learned I've got a kid on the way I'm not sure the other half would be thrilled if I dropped the price of a crib a Lego kit...

Got my eye on the new B-Wig too, as well as the Sith Interceptor, which although it ain't real SW still looks cool. I have a number of the SW sets on my Amazon wishlist; just need to hit the right conjunction of money to burn on Lego with a 20% discount. Those sales prices sometimes don't even last half a day; I'd have a lot more SW Lego if I wasn't a horrible procrastinator!

I do also want to get that Fire Brigade set; it's brick to dollar ratio is just too good to pass up regardless of the set's own postive points. I'd like the Tower Bridge set for the same reason, even if half of those pieces are probably single bricks. All those town series sets seem to be excellent deals on bricks, plus they all look pretty sweet.
  • hypernova 20 Sep 2012 22:08:49 1,967 posts
    Seen 9 months ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @Tonka - For regular sets yeah, other places are always cheaper (especially Amazon), but, at least in the UK, the exclusives and hard-to-finds are actually exclusive or hard to find, so best to wait for a promo (VIP points/discount voucher in the catalogue etc...). America seems to have the cheapest Lego prices, Denmark and Australia the highest.

Edited by hypernova at 22:09:45 20-09-2012
  • Page

of 137 First / Last