LEGO LEGO LEGO Page 43

• Page

of 128 First / Last

• FWB 8 Jul 2013 23:46:42 43,666 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Why do we get such a bad deal in Europe from a European company?
  • Khanivor 9 Jul 2013 00:27:55 40,295 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Tonka, I've said it before and ill say again; is be happy to ship any US Lego to a forumite. Small sets, if unboxed, ship for less than $15. A much larger unboxed set would cost around $40. Not cheap but better than nothing.

Hell, even with shipping you're probably going to pay less per brick than you're used to.
  • Tonka 9 Jul 2013 06:26:14 19,994 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    @FWB They are buying market shares in the US and offsetting the cost of that and R&D in the established markets.
    Heck, UK have between 15% - 20% lower prices than Sweden straight off amazon .

@Khanivor Cheers. One of these days I might take you up on that. It would probably be a large boxed set though since I'm a bit geeky with the whole unboxing and keeping stuff in the cupboard boxed up for months before I unbox it and etc and yada yada ... I'm a nerd

If you can read this you really need to fiddle with your forum settings.

• boo 9 Jul 2013 11:06:16 11,689 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Shameless plug for John Lewis (sorry!), but just seen that the Technic Helicopter is down to 49.99.

Bargain for Technic fans. Might have to get a second one for parts.

Just Another Lego Blog

• Flying_Pig 9 Jul 2013 12:48:31 10,624 posts
    Seen 60 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    boo wrote:
    Shameless plug for John Lewis (sorry!), but just seen that the Technic Helicopter is down to 49.99.

Bargain for Technic fans. Might have to get a second one for parts.
    That's a cracking set.

I've got 100 of amazon vouchers burning a hole in my pocket, but no Lego bargains to spend it on :(
  • danathjo 10 Jul 2013 09:48:15 7,199 posts
    Seen 12 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Just came across this story and thought there would be some interest for it in here:
    63 y/o Lego fanatic turned away from Legoland as he didn't have a child with him
  • ZuluHero 10 Jul 2013 10:29:25 3,943 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    He did technically have his (albeit grown-up) child with him too! Boo!
  • boo 10 Jul 2013 14:00:16 11,689 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Picked up a Technic Helicopter at lunch for parts.
    Was interested to note that they (John Lewis) now have the first wave of The Lone Ranger stuff in. Not really my thing, but the train set, and the silver mine set look like they could be fun.

Just Another Lego Blog

• TheSaint 10 Jul 2013 14:09:37 14,158 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Is the price the same instore then? Could be tempted as I haven't built any Technic since the supercar.
  • boo 10 Jul 2013 14:40:05 11,689 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Then helicopter? Yup - 49.99 instore and online.
    I think Argos are doing it atthe same price, but you don't want to shop there when you could shop at JL.

Just Another Lego Blog

• CaptainKerbal 10 Jul 2013 14:59:05 356 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    danathjo wrote:
    Just came across this story and thought there would be some interest for it in here:
    63 y/o Lego fanatic turned away from Legoland as he didn't have a child with him
    Except that when you read more into it, he was turned away from a Legoland Discovery Center.....which is basically just a glorified play area full of lego for kids. Once you read what a discovery center is then its pretty obvious why it'd be aimed at kids only. The issue is probably that it sounds like the marketing is not clear enough. Actual Legoland parks, certain in Denmark, Orlando and England, have no problems like this, because they are theme parks.
  • ZuluHero 10 Jul 2013 15:14:47 3,943 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    and looking into further - they do occasionally hold Adult's Only nights too

http://www.legolanddiscoverycentre.ca/toronto/news-events/event/652/next-adults-only-night.aspx

Only $15!
  • Tonka 11 Jul 2013 08:37:14 19,994 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    A friend of mine swears by the one in Berlin. He's been there twice and is planning a third trip with his son. Says it's much better than the "real" LEGO land because there are less people & cueing and more playing with LEGO.

• boo 11 Jul 2013 09:05:52 11,689 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Heads up for any Technic fans. The 8043 Motorised Excavator is a modern classic, and since it went end of life in December last year, it's changing hands for silly money on ebay and the like.

Was doing a sweep of a local shop the other day, and found one, hidden away at the back of a shelf. Mint condition, and still going for (slightly less than) RRP, at 138.10.

I've already got two (one to build and one for parts), so can't justify getting a third, but if anyone's interested, PM me and I'll send you the details of where it is. Or if you're not local to it, happy to send it on for cost + postage.

Just Another Lego Blog

• Tonka 11 Jul 2013 09:23:39 19,994 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    @boo Are you free building any Technics stuff? Have you got pictures?

I'm so confused with the "modern" Technics system that I can hardly build anything at all with it.

• boo 11 Jul 2013 09:34:11 11,689 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    At the moment, no. I'm starting with the smallest sets and working my way up, to try and get my head around the various techniques involved.
    I'm also reading the very excellent Unofficial Lego Technic Builders Guide. If you've got any interest in Technic at all, I'd highly recommend it.

I'm slowly building up a parts bin, because I do want to start creating my own Technic stuff (and long term, combine it with Mindstorms), but like I say, one step at a time.

You can see what I'm up to on my blog.

Just Another Lego Blog

• Flying_Pig 11 Jul 2013 13:34:10 10,624 posts
    Seen 60 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Mrs F_P has bought tickets for us to go to Legoland in a few weeks \o/

For anyone who's been there - is there much to buy? Are prices any good?
  • boo 11 Jul 2013 15:42:59 11,689 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    As I understand it, Lego don't actually run the Legoland sites any more, they were sold off to a different company.
    I believe there are Lego stores on site, but they don't have such a wide range as the high street stores.

You may get some unique items though, and if you have a Lego VIP card, it's possible you can wangle a discount on purchases. Some people I know have definitely got reductions, just by showing their card and saying 'Discount?'
    Some places don't though - doesn't seem to be much consistency - so don't go ballistic if they say no.

It's a good day out though, as I recall.

Just Another Lego Blog

• ZuluHero 11 Jul 2013 15:54:07 3,943 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Actually there is a huge Lego store as you enter the park (in Windsor) and there are a few Lego stores dotted around that are usually themed to the area they are in, like atlantis, space, dinosaur etc

They have a huge selection but its usually at lego's set RRP, much like the chain stores dotted around the UK, meaning while they have a huge range - its usually more expensive than getting it in places like Argos or Amazon.

I go usually once a year as my daughter is in love with the place.

Sorry to poo-poo you, Boo. Or should that be "Boo-boo" you? ;)

Edited by ZuluHero at 15:56:17 11-07-2013
  • boo 11 Jul 2013 16:31:26 11,689 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I stand corrected! It's a long time since I've been, so I'm working on hearsay.

F_P - Ignore me and listen to the Z-man!

Just Another Lego Blog

• Flying_Pig 11 Jul 2013 16:59:27 10,624 posts
    Seen 60 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Well, I may not buy anything, but I'm certain to have a good time :D
  • CaptainKerbal 11 Jul 2013 17:04:23 356 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    Anyone else eagerly awaiting the delorean on the 18th?
  • FWB 11 Jul 2013 17:05:02 43,666 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Looks poo. So not until someone figures out how to edit it.
  • ZuluHero 11 Jul 2013 17:10:43 3,943 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    While i don't dislike it its 34.99 too - paying for the licence :(
  • Tonka 11 Jul 2013 17:15:38 19,994 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    @CaptainKerbal I am. I think it's really cool. Might buy two.

• cowell 11 Jul 2013 22:23:51 670 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    At the grand old age old 37, my wife has bought me the VW Campervan for my birthday. Best birthday gift I've had in a long time and my first LEGO in more than 20 years.

Spent an hour tonight on the start of the build. Wish I had the space to spread and sort the pieces first, as most of the time has been spent picking through the bags trying to find the right bits!
  • boo 11 Jul 2013 22:58:19 11,689 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Resultamundo!
    Excellent choosing, Mrs Cowell, the Campervan is a top notch set!

Prepare to start spending money, for Lego is an addictive hobby...

Just Another Lego Blog

• Derblington 12 Jul 2013 00:16:09 21,221 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Yeah, I bought and built R2-D2 and the UCS Red Five X-Wing last week, as mentioned a page or so back. Now I want the B-Wing... :/

I haven't had LEGO in about 25 years and its been awesome. I need to find a way of getting the UCS Millenium Falcon and I'll die happy.
  • Tonka 12 Jul 2013 06:29:38 19,994 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    It's great coming back to LEGO isn't it? Every time I build a set "for my son" I get into the zone straight away. I've also found new things to appreciate. I love how well made the plans are. I love the clever use of parts and the play features they've started adding.

And that every worker has a big old mug of coffee in his hand.

• Derblington 12 Jul 2013 08:41:15 21,221 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    And of course, this is on the way too:
  • Page

of 128 First / Last