My mate seems to think that 'all men use moisturising products'. Do you? Page 3

• Page

of 8 First / Last

• oceanmotion 11 Dec 2011 19:40:23 15,815 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Only after I shave my face. I've tried following up the next day but it doesn't really apply itself well on stubble.

Nivea Q10 was the one I tried, was okay. Not like an expert or anything. Protects you from the evil sun as well apparently.

I find those L'Oreal ads for guys funny as they use people like Pierce Brosnan and Gerard Bulter who might as well be leather faces.

Edited by oceanmotion at 19:42:57 11-12-2011
  • gammonbanter 11 Dec 2011 19:41:27 1,496 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I touch on the ol' face before facing a cold winter morn is good for you!

We tried drinking a beer from every world cup nation http://worldcup2014beers.wordpress.com/

• Waffleaber 11 Dec 2011 19:42:09 394 posts
    Seen 30 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Got some Nivia for christmas a year or two back, made my skin feel right greasy. I shave in the shower, used to get a bit of razor burn but your skin toughens up after a few weeks.
  • mrpon 11 Dec 2011 19:47:37 28,754 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Dirtbox wrote:
    Newsflash: Rubbing shit into your face does not stop you from looking older.
    What about moisturiser?

Give yourself 5 or gig, you're worth it.

• coastal 11 Dec 2011 20:01:17 5,382 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    moisturisers? never. Face protectors - in.

bf3: sergeant_shaftoe

• Kid_Icarus 11 Dec 2011 20:07:03 556 posts
    Seen 11 months ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Never used the stuff and neither have any of my mates, don't see the point really. I mean it's not like my face is dry and cracked, so long as you drink enough water you'll still be "hydrated" so it makes no difference.

I think those after shave balms are a bit of a con as well. I've always just used hot water and those cheap disposable razors and not once have I had any irritation afterwards. Maybe the problem's having a razor that's not sharp enough rather than anything else?
  • Deleted user 11 December 2011 20:08:09
    Yes, habit I got into years ago and now feel like I'm forgetting something if I don't do it in the morning. I also use those facial scrub things that you get (instead of a bar of soap like I used to) and that leaves your skin feeling like it needs moisturiser.
  • Carlo 11 Dec 2011 20:09:17 17,996 posts
    Seen 11 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Kid_Icarus wrote:
    Never used the stuff and neither have any of my mates, don't see the point really. I mean it's not like my face is dry and cracked, so long as you drink enough water you'll still be "hydrated" so it makes no difference.
    As a golfer in the UK, I disagree. I suspect anyone else who is in the elements a fair bit will do too.

(Or they're just hugely rugged, or that look suits them :D )

PSN ID: Djini

• oceanmotion 11 Dec 2011 20:27:24 15,815 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I got this test sample in L'Occitane and bloody hell, smooth as a baby, wasn't greasy which I found Nivea like when I first tried it but the Q10 one is decent. Bog standard products seem like the ones to avoid and probably do more harm than good, like those countless face wash/scrubs that do fuck all. Sound like a spoke person but a sample again from L'occitne, some grain rice scrub, now that was good and felt it was doing something over a Nivea one I tried a while ago. If I had money to burn I would probably pony up but I don't care enough for that.

Edited by oceanmotion at 20:28:08 11-12-2011
  • Dougs 11 Dec 2011 20:28:48 67,182 posts
    Seen 35 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I also use Bodyshop hemp hand cream, if I don't my hands blister and crack. That one I freely about is a little gay, but a necessity for me.

Bog standard Nivea for men face cream otherwise.
  • jonsaan 11 Dec 2011 20:34:35 25,342 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I have to use hand cream or I get tiny splits in the skin that hurt like billio.

Nothing on my face at all. I wash it with water and my head with soap.

Everything is much drier in the winter.

FCUTA!

• Deleted user 11 December 2011 20:36:20
    Kid_Icarus wrote:
    so long as you drink enough water you'll still be "hydrated" so it makes no difference.
    But fish shit in it, I'd rather dehydrate.
  • Dirtbox 11 Dec 2011 20:40:16 77,701 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Ass milk and vegan sausages.

+1 / Like / Tweet this post

• mal 11 Dec 2011 20:51:52 22,453 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I use proper soap, which is getting difficult to find as most 'soap' is now 'moisturiser bar'. Real soap on the other hand is made with something that mimics your skin oils (glycerol, I think) and generally has some unreacted stuff left over in the mix. Since switching to soap at home, my knuckles no longer crack in the winter.

I'm far too lazy to wash my face separately though, so I just wash it in the shower using normal shower gel (proper liquid soap is even harder to find than bars of soap), so I smear on diprobase in a few places before I go out, which I suppose as an emollient rather than a moisturiser.

So I guess my answer is no. You should see the shit I wash my hair in though.

Cubby didn't know how to turn off sigs!

• oceanmotion 11 Dec 2011 20:52:19 15,815 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    A survey sponsored by Vaseline.
  • jonsaan 11 Dec 2011 20:54:04 25,342 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    going back to the original post for a moment. It sounds to me like your mate may wish to fire his porridge gun in your face. It's a classic gateway conversation.

FCUTA!

• Dirtbox 11 Dec 2011 20:54:15 77,701 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I hear haemorrhoid cream tightens up those crinkles, ladies.

+1 / Like / Tweet this post

• Trafford 11 Dec 2011 20:55:08 5,736 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    It's a vanity thing no?
    To be honest, my grooming regime is non existent, I don't even use shaving foam.
    Love a bit of Imperial Leather soap though, it reminds me of my dear dead Gran.
  • jonsaan 11 Dec 2011 20:55:54 25,342 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Horace!

FCUTA!

• Trafford 11 Dec 2011 20:59:23 5,736 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Game n Watch chap!
  • oceanmotion 11 Dec 2011 21:01:39 15,815 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Trafford wrote:
    It's a vanity thing no?
    To be honest, my grooming regime is non existent, I don't even use shaving foam.
    Nose hair and eyebrows always get you into personal grooming eventually. They just grow out of control sooner or later.

Edited by oceanmotion at 21:02:30 11-12-2011
  • jonsaan 11 Dec 2011 21:04:41 25,342 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Why Did Nivea cream?

because Max Factor.

Edited by jonsaan at 21:05:20 11-12-2011

FCUTA!

• Trafford 11 Dec 2011 21:05:29 5,736 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    oceanmotion wrote:
    Trafford wrote:
    It's a vanity thing no?
    Nose hair and eyebrows always get you into personal grooming eventually. They just grow out of control sooner or later.
    Is yanking those fuckers out grooming?
    I'm quite proud of my ear bristles, like copper wire they are.
  • Lukey__b 11 Dec 2011 21:06:22 3,716 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I don't think it's a vanity thing for me. Shaving and cold weather leaves my skin looking a tad dry, and sometimes makes my face irritated. A touch of moisturiser helps that. If my face looks and feels fine then I don't use any.

'Sup, what's guanine?

• oceanmotion 11 Dec 2011 21:10:08 15,815 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I caved and bought a Philips nose and eye brow trimmer for less than a tenner. Pulling them out is crazy town unless you only have a few hairs.
  • heyyo 11 Dec 2011 21:14:40 14,373 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I have to moisturise because after I wash my face it becomes dry, I use any old stuff though doesn't bother me. I thread my eyebrows though, shape them in a manly way so I guess I can't escape being labelled a metrosexual
  • Deleted user 11 December 2011 21:16:46
    Billy_Sastard wrote:
    They did a survey on this not so long back and it was proven that non of these products do any good at all, in fact they came to the conclusion you may as well just use Vaseline as it had the best results.

So you're all just consumerist mugs, go figure.
    Really? Because my skin doesn't fall off like dandruff when I use it, not that I pay for it :D

Edited by CrispyXUK at 21:17:18 11-12-2011
  • Deleted user 11 December 2011 21:17:00
    Post deleted
  • rickalish 11 Dec 2011 23:00:36 1,796 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    heyyo wrote:
    I have to moisturise because after I wash my face it becomes dry, I use any old stuff though doesn't bother me. I thread my eyebrows though, shape them in a manly way so I guess I can't escape being labelled a metrosexual
    Not that I'm suggesting you're like this lad, but I remembered a lad who I used to work with who had a bit of a mono-brow going on and he had it waxed, but it was so neat and symmetrical that he looked a bit like Ming the Merciless.
    He thought he looked great though and used to slime all over anything with tits that came for a job interview. So vain.

One time he spent so long sorting his hair out in the pub mirror we forgot about him and got in a taxi to town. We don't get on any more. :)
  • Page

of 8 First / Last