My mate seems to think that 'all men use moisturising products'. Do you? Page 7

  • Page

    of 8 First / Last

  • PhoenixFlames 7 Jan 2013 11:02:02 9,263 posts
    Seen 7 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Yes. I look good. It's not gay, it's just as sensible as drinking enough water.

    I also pluck my eyebrows and shave my bollocks.
  • Ultrasoundwave 7 Jan 2013 11:05:26 3,923 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Murbal wrote:
    Ultrasoundwave wrote:
    at the moment, im using Bulldog.
    I'm using that at the moment too. Mainly because it was half price, but I rather like it.
    Yeah, its got a nice texture and it smells lovely.

    / Hetero

    Edited by Ultrasoundwave at 11:05:51 07-01-2013
  • Ultrasoundwave 7 Jan 2013 11:05:41 3,923 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Post deleted
  • shadowaspect 7 Jan 2013 14:13:54 157 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I do. Eczema's a fucker.
    To be fair, my stuff is medical grade :p
  • Salaman 7 Jan 2013 14:55:57 20,591 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Dirtbox wrote:
    Never have, probably never will.
    Yes you have, on your elbow!

    This winter I started getting dry, cracked skin around my knuckles.
    A bit weird as it's the most mild and wet winter I can recall.
    I keep forgetting to put soemthing on it though, so I go through my days with dry, crackled skin around/between my knuckles.
  • Dougs 7 Jan 2013 15:00:46 72,980 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Ultrasoundwave wrote:
    Murbal wrote:
    Ultrasoundwave wrote:
    at the moment, im using Bulldog.
    I'm using that at the moment too. Mainly because it was half price, but I rather like it.
    Yeah, its got a nice texture and it smells lovely.

    / Hetero
    Ha, me too. Sadly, it's not as good as the Nivea Rehydrating moisturiser that I normally use
  • magicpanda 7 Jan 2013 15:13:24 13,861 posts
    Seen 27 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    lol Bulldog?

    It's all Bitch Crème.
  • ScoutTech 7 Jan 2013 16:11:57 2,429 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I admit to using some of the Lush products but they are manly as they have ash in and are black and smell like jelly babies.

    But not moisturizer.
  • teamHAM 7 Jan 2013 16:19:56 3,331 posts
    Seen 17 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    After every shave I will use some sort of moisturiser or skin food, simply because if I don't my face will dry and crack up and feel like it's setting in cement.

    As a result of this I see it as a necessity really, like washing your hands after taking a crap (for most of us anyway).
  • CosmicFuzz 7 Jan 2013 16:20:17 29,063 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Lush is seriously girly.

    /applies eye cream
  • billythekid 7 Jan 2013 16:32:38 11,778 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Is using Swarfega classed as moisturising?
  • Waffleaber 7 Jan 2013 16:56:28 524 posts
    Seen 30 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Pft. I don't even use deodorant.

    /musky

    (Although I did once buy some "tired eye" stuff when I was going through a barren patch, couldn't tell any difference after a week so abandoned it)
  • Alastair 7 Jan 2013 17:17:29 17,125 posts
    Seen 20 minutes ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    I use Olay daily, and it must have done something as people regularly think I look younger than I am.
    Plus I have no doubts about my sexuality so don't need to worry about whether people think I am gay or not.

    /awaits inevitable comedy edit
  • SpaceMonkey77 7 Jan 2013 17:19:20 146 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Let me tell you something. Do not fear male grooming. Anything worth maintaining needs work. It is not beneath you.

    Personally, I've always moisturized. As a person of colour, many of us learn to do so from an early age, in order to maintain our skin.

    If you are a pastey white skin dude, there's less need for you to do this, unless you are sun bathing. Saying that, applying lotions, oils and such only enhance your skins, making it better for the years ahead.
  • King_Edward 7 Jan 2013 17:19:41 11,471 posts
    Seen 5 months ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    teamHAM wrote:
    After every shave I will use some sort of moisturiser or skin food, simply because if I don't my face will dry and crack up and feel like it's setting in cement.

    As a result of this I see it as a necessity really, like washing your hands after taking a crap (for most of us anyway).
    Skin food? What's that?
  • Alastair 7 Jan 2013 17:21:30 17,125 posts
    Seen 20 minutes ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    As a 'pasty white skin dude', I started using moisturiser as a teen when I'd dried my face to fuck with over use of Biactol and Clearsil and other spot treatments. Using moisturiser actually seemed to help the zits calm down a bit.
  • MetalDog 7 Jan 2013 17:22:22 23,928 posts
    Seen 22 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    If you have dry patches/cracking going on, you could try Comfrey Oil - with the proviso that you must read up about it and use it with due care and attention. It's gangbuster stuff.
  • Fixxxer 7 Jan 2013 17:36:23 1,306 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    SpaceMonkey77 wrote:
    Let me tell you something. Do not fear male grooming. Anything worth maintaining needs work. It is not beneath you.

    Personally, I've always moisturized. As a person of colour, many of us learn to do so from an early age, in order to maintain our skin.

    If you are a pastey white skin dude, there's less need for you to do this, unless you are sun bathing. Saying that, applying lotions, oils and such only enhance your skins, making it better for the years ahead.
    You've got it backwards. "Black doesn't crack", it's the pasty white skin that shows the wrinkles.

    Source: the two old dudes on Eastenders
  • mothercruncher 7 Jan 2013 17:43:43 9,925 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I moisturise.

    With Polonium 2-fucking-10.
  • heyyo 7 Jan 2013 17:43:54 14,364 posts
    Seen 9 months ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I've been mosturising my face since I can remember, if I don't then my face feels tight as my skin dries out.

    Paranoia perhaps but i'm convinced that the mosturiser has caused a problem that only mosturiser can solve. A scam! ...especially as I only get dry skin on my face, which happens to be the only skin I mosturise.

    NO HOMO

    Edited by heyyo at 17:45:17 07-01-2013
  • Fake_Blood 7 Jan 2013 17:44:32 5,129 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    PhoenixFlames wrote:
    Yes. I look good. It's not gay, it's just as sensible as drinking enough water.

    I also pluck my eyebrows and shave my bollocks.
    And you drive an automatic.
  • neilka Funniest Forumite, 2014 7 Jan 2013 17:45:58 17,075 posts
    Seen 13 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Alastair wrote:
    I am gay
    I'm nothing if not predictable.
  • Alastair 7 Jan 2013 17:48:05 17,125 posts
    Seen 20 minutes ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    I can certainly see why you beat Deckard to funniest forumite.
  • mrpon 7 Jan 2013 18:24:35 30,710 posts
    Seen 36 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Fake_Blood wrote:
    PhoenixFlames wrote:
    Yes. I look good. It's not gay, it's just as sensible as drinking enough water.

    I also pluck my eyebrows and shave my bollocks.
    And you drive an automatic.
    Ha ha.
  • mal 7 Jan 2013 18:48:34 24,331 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    MetalDog wrote:
    If you have dry patches/cracking going on, you could try Comfrey Oil - with the proviso that you must read up about it and use it with due care and attention. It's gangbuster stuff.
    My hands used to crack in the winter until I switched to using soap instead of liquid detergents to wash them, which I ascribe to the left-over glycerine in the mix. I'd recommend trying that first. Though I'd hope it would do something for the flakey skin and rashes I have on other parts of my body, but it doesn't have such a great effect there. I'll look into trying out comfrey oil myself.
  • ronuds 7 Jan 2013 18:54:15 21,786 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I feel that moisturizing to prevent drying and cracking is just fine, because it's unsightly to the rest of us.

    Moisturizing to keep your youthful looks is for the ladies, though.

    And that's that!
  • Alastair 7 Jan 2013 19:38:22 17,125 posts
    Seen 20 minutes ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    ronuds wrote:
    Moisturizing to keep your youthful looks is for the ladies, though.
    ronuds looks old beyond his years, confirmed!
  • prawnking1980 7 Jan 2013 19:47:05 6,892 posts
    Seen 4 seconds ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I have naturally good skin, and boyish good looks. I don't need your products.
  • ronuds 7 Jan 2013 19:47:49 21,786 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I look exactly as old as I ought to! :p

    Am I the only one who gets a beauty.com ad when clicking on this thread?
  • Page

    of 8 First / Last

Log in or register to reply