The Last of Us Page 4

• Page

of 84 First / Last

• cianchristopher 12 Dec 2011 10:47:12 6,360 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    So, like, do they have a sexual relationship? :) ;)
  • varsas 12 Dec 2011 11:59:17 2,414 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    UncleLou wrote:
    I doubt one will be playing her, but maybe she's the narrator in the game as well? Bit like in Bastion.
    I hope we do because that would change things up; although with the new Tomb Raider we will have another 'vulnerable' female lead.
  • SomaticSense 12 Dec 2011 13:04:19 9,155 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    UncleLou wrote:
    Well yeah, but at least it lets them create humanoid enemies without turning a game into a military game, atmospherically. And they don't seem to be of the brainless, arms-stretched-out, shuffling feet kind.
    Oh, so it's 'running zombies' instead then?

Because that's original.
  • Widge Moderator 12 Dec 2011 13:07:12 13,743 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Robots
    Aliens
    Marines
    Undead/supernatural

These are your humanoid enemy types.

Of course you are going to see a reoccurrence of type. Do we see another Assassins Creed and think "not humans again!"?

_ _ _

www.inverted-audio.com

• SomaticSense 12 Dec 2011 13:11:25 9,155 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Post deleted
  • SomaticSense 12 Dec 2011 13:11:54 9,155 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Oh, I know that.

It was the "oh well, at least it's not the shuffling feet zombies again" comment, when it's actually the other zombies which are more ubiquitous.

Running zombies are beyond passe. Shuffling zombies are the new rarity it seems.

edit: Fucks sake. I keep pressing 'quote' instead of 'edit' for some reason.

Edited by SomaticSense at 13:12:56 12-12-2011
  • HisDudness 12 Dec 2011 13:12:16 1,013 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I wonder if there is any correspondance between those who are complaining now about ND using zombie-like enemies and those who called Uncharted a Tomb Raider clone with a lead dude instead of a busty heroine.

New hobby time? Maybe have a go at Bikram Yoga...
  • King_Edward 12 Dec 2011 13:13:55 11,471 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Whether it's a robot, zombie, mutant or monkey really isn't important. It's how they behave that matters.
  • Widge Moderator 12 Dec 2011 13:15:33 13,743 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Ok I retract my big hissy!

_ _ _

www.inverted-audio.com

• Deleted user 12 December 2011 16:05:44
    They held a press day today so we should be getting more info sometime this week.
  • ecu 12 Dec 2011 16:20:46 77,316 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    UncleLou wrote:
    Well yeah, but at least it lets them create humanoid enemies without turning a game into a military game, atmospherically. And they don't seem to be of the brainless, arms-stretched-out, shuffling feet kind.
    But every zombie game has running zombies. What was the last game to feature shuffling zombies? Resident Evil 0?

Edited by ecureuil at 16:20:58 12-12-2011
  • dominalien 12 Dec 2011 17:26:24 7,065 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Yeah, I miss my slow, shuffling, confused zombies I could run in circles around. Seems they're a dying breed these days.

PSN: DonOsito

• morriss 12 Dec 2011 17:29:08 71,286 posts
    Seen 21 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Let's defend a game to the hilt that we've only seen a few seconds of and don't even know if the footage was in-game or not. Let's do this because the developer has done a couple of great-looking, but ultimately shallow third person, linear action adventures in the past.

Let's all do this util it comes out.

Edited by morriss at 17:29:28 12-12-2011
  • King_Edward 12 Dec 2011 17:29:22 11,471 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    ecureuil wrote:
    UncleLou wrote:
    But every zombie game has running zombies. What was the last game to feature shuffling zombies? Resident Evil 0?
    Siren sort of. They're not really zombies though, and it's a remake.
  • Cappy 12 Dec 2011 17:59:06 12,118 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Unfortunately they had to upgrade the zombie to match the expected level of player empowerment in games these days.

I don't think we'll ever see a sometimes helpless main character like in Clock Tower/Haunting Ground or Rule of Rose ever again. A pity since it meant you got games that didn't play like everything else, now a supposed survival horror such as Dead Space is in most respects near indistinguishable from a game like Uncharted.

The Friday the 13th or Halloween films would have had a somewhat different reception if soon after the killers make their appearance the 'victim' breaks their arms, deals out a snappy one liner and kneecaps them with a shotgun.
  • ecu 12 Dec 2011 18:02:16 77,316 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    morriss wrote:
    Let's defend a game to the hilt that we've only seen a few seconds of and don't even know if the footage was in-game or not. Let's do this because the developer has done a couple of great-looking, but ultimately shallow third person, linear action adventures in the past.

I do love posts when you can't tell if someone is deliberately on the wind-up or not.
  • bionic_v2 12 Dec 2011 18:12:40 116 posts
    Seen 3 years ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    The preview looks excellent. What is the release date ? :D
  • Derblington 12 Dec 2011 18:38:01 22,287 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    morriss wrote:

It's because everything they've done to date has been excellent, like Valve, Blizzard and Platinum. They have earned the benefit of the doubt. And there's no reason to doubt that it's in-game engine after the Uncharted series.

Edited by Derblington at 18:39:17 12-12-2011
  • ecu 12 Dec 2011 18:41:59 77,316 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Derblington wrote:
    morriss wrote:

It's because everything they've done to date has been excellent, like Valve, Blizzard and Platinum. They have earned the benefit of the doubt. And there's no reason to doubt that it's in-game engine after the Uncharted series.
    Yeah, morriss has it backwards. We SHOULD be defending this game BECAUSE we know nothing about it, and because Naughty Dog have a great pedigree.

Edited by ecureuil at 18:43:47 12-12-2011
  • HisDudness 12 Dec 2011 18:45:52 1,013 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    morriss wrote:

Haha this is rich. Ok you're right. Let me hop on the instant cynisism train with the rest. It's official, Uncharted 4: Among Zombies.
  • MrTomFTW Moderator 12 Dec 2011 19:22:05 39,762 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Dead Rising 1 and 2 have slow, shuffling zombies.

Follow me on Twitter: @MrTom
    Voted by the community "Best mod" 2011, 2012 and 2013.

• King_Edward 12 Dec 2011 19:26:03 11,471 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    DDevil wrote:
    Dead Rising 1 and 2 have slow, shuffling zombies.
    And they're awesome. Case closed, slow zombies win.
  • UncleLou Moderator 12 Dec 2011 19:31:25 35,851 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    So does Dead Island.

Yeah, these games also have zombies of the running variety, but there's absolutely bugger all in the trailer that suggests all we get is brainless undead beelining towards the player.
  • King_Edward 12 Dec 2011 19:34:50 11,471 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    UncleLou wrote:
    So does Dead Island.

Yeah, these games also have zombies of the running variety, but there's absolutely bugger all in the trailer that suggests all we get is brainless undead beelining towards the player.
    Sure, but no one's arguing about whether the game's any good. It's an argument about the best kind of zombie, and shufflers won. :)
  • krushing 14 Dec 2011 13:15:38 777 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I'm thinking shufflers who just *might* turn into fast aggro-z's could work pretty well - docile and passive before they smell the blood, so to say.
  • the_dudefather 14 Dec 2011 13:21:01 9,418 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I think we should declare this game as shit right now, which means if it's fantastic when it comes out we will be surprised

(ง ͠ ͟ʖ ͡)

• SomaticSense 14 Dec 2011 13:21:39 9,155 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    UncleLou wrote:
    So does Dead Island.

Sure.

But zombies. AGAIN?

And can people quit with the whole 'there's only so many humanoid type enemies they could've picked? Every developer has that problem, so why do they seem to always pick zombies?

I love Naughty Dog, and am mightily looking forward to delving in to the Uncharted series now I'm able to. But more zombies? Fucking sick to death of them in all their varieties.
  • King_Edward 14 Dec 2011 13:23:01 11,471 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    There not zombies though. They have a fungus infection.
  • Deleted user 14 December 2011 14:47:44
    Of course they are zombies, no matter how much ND say otherwise. The love story comment by an ND dev was funny. Cheers for that ND.
  • Derblington 14 Dec 2011 14:58:16 22,287 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    But then you can't win. If you're going to label every enemy type with any kind of infection as a "zombie" and then complain about too many games using zombies as an enemy type it will be a perpetual cycle of your own making.

It's based on a parasitic fungus. They run but we don't know anything else about their behaviour.
  • Page

of 84 First / Last