The Last of Us Page 24

• Page

of 84 First / Last

• Deleted user 11 June 2013 17:24:55
    Completely off topic, but playstation plus is going to be even more (if possible) fantastic value, if you own all 3 Sony devices

I feel cheeky downloading the games as it is ( probably what being a 7+ year Xbox live user has done to me :) )
  • Ror1984 11 Jun 2013 18:05:42 3,428 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @NeverEatYellowSnow I've been using Game for years. I used to use them for all my pre-orders and they always got them to me a day early. It's only in the last few years that I started using ShopTo - they were often a little cheaper, and they used to get games to me two days before release (no longer, though). I was still using Game for the odd exclusive limited edition up until they cancelled my Mass Effect 3 LE about a week before release. To be fair, they were going down the crapper at the time, and EA pulled the plug, but I've only used them once since (to get Virtua Tennis on the Vita for a fiver).

So I'm feeling a little relieved now, as I cancelled my backup order with ShopTo a few days ago!

FFXIV: ARR - Khroma Midgard, Odin.

• Deleted user 11 June 2013 18:14:23
    @Ror1984 shopto are a little hit and miss for me, I put it down to my sorting office as I've had a few games turn up late or not at all.

I've switched to simply games since, only ordered 4 things but been faultless so far, hope it arrives in time for you :)
  • grant666uk 11 Jun 2013 19:51:10 107 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    NeverEatYellowSnow wrote:
    @Ror1984 shopto are a little hit and miss for me, I put it down to my sorting office as I've had a few games turn up late or not at all.

I've switched to simply games since, only ordered 4 things but been faultless so far, hope it arrives in time for you :)
    Gone with Simply too. Fingers crossed for shipping tomorrow.
  • mcmothercruncher 11 Jun 2013 20:13:13 7,100 posts
    Seen 39 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Don't they go through the same sorting office?
  • drhcnip 11 Jun 2013 20:48:39 2,509 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    grant666uk wrote:

Gone with Simply too. Fingers crossed for shipping tomorrow.
    joins the fngercrossing club...orders been in progress for 4 days......;)
  • Ror1984 11 Jun 2013 23:53:17 3,428 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago

Cheers, same to you!

I've just checked my ShopTo account - 1,900 worth of purchases (they really shouldn't tell you how much you've spent :( ) and I've not had a single problem. I'm sure I'm due one :p

• superdelphinus 11 Jun 2013 23:57:39 8,074 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 9 years ago

Get a real life.com
  • Humperfunk 11 Jun 2013 23:57:41 2,257 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Christ I wish you hadn't said that, I've just gone and had a look at how much I've spent.

Almost 4.5k....my only defence is that I've been with them pretty much since they started...but still that's actually mental.

Also never had a problem with them in all that time.

PSN, XBL & NNID: Wedjwants

• Deleted user 11 June 2013 23:58:02
    @mcmothercruncher

My local sorting office ;)

Probably thieving the latest releases! Haha..
  • Deleted user 12 June 2013 00:02:53
    Humperfunk wrote:
    Christ I wish you hadn't said that, I've just gone and had a look at how much I've spent.

Almost 4.5k....my only defence is that I've been with them pretty much since they started...but still that's actually mental.

Also never had a problem with them in all that time.
    I'd still use ShopTo, it's just whenever I pre order a top new release it never usually arrives, I thought they sent an email with a pic of the game in an envelope just for my benefit haha.. :D
  • Ror1984 12 Jun 2013 00:30:02 3,428 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Humperfunk wrote:
    :D

I'm not suffering alone!

• thegofp 12 Jun 2013 03:41:09 169 posts
    Seen 3 weeks ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Phew. Friend who has the game tells me that a lot of the spoilers floating around are early-game/not of high importance. Turns out the big one that I'd seen was an only an hour or so in.
  • drhcnip 12 Jun 2013 09:20:05 2,509 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    simplygames order...despatched! hurrah!
  • f311 12 Jun 2013 11:36:24 252 posts
    Seen 33 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Ror1984 wrote:

Cheers, same to you!

I've just checked my ShopTo account - 1,900 worth of purchases (they really shouldn't tell you how much you've spent :( ) and I've not had a single problem. I'm sure I'm due one :p
    Jammy bugger, ive had nothing but problems with shopto, granted im a fairly new customer with them but their service has been terrible.

First game I ordered off them was great turned up day before release so thought id use them all the time.

Then I ordered two copies of gears of war judgement from them, none of which turned up at all, and their moronic rules state you've gotta wait 20 days till you can even message them about it and even then it takes about 5 for them to refund you (in which time you're waiting for a game you're pumped for or paid for another copy and are out of pocket).

Next game was tomb raider, again same deal didnt turn up at all, then when applying for a refund they sent me a prepaid envelope to send the sheet thing back you have to sign as i had no printer but they sent me one without an address on it >_> so more waiting so i vowed i'd never use them again till one day i was browsing and came across a cheap game on there that was cheaper than anywhere else so against my better judgement i thought i'd give them another chance, tried ordering it, and apparently my account had been suspended pending investigation as they thought id been getting the games and applying for a refund, cheeky gits.

Throughout all the return processes they dont say sorry or anything once, It's a freaking horrible company.

Switched to Simplygames and never looked back. Ordered bioshock infinite due for release on tuesday, was sent on the friday before and arrived on the saturday, yes I had a fun (unexpected) weekend, same with dead island riptide another early arrival, my last of us just got sent and hoping it arrives tomorrow :D

Anyways rant over! Always see people praising shopto so thought i'd weigh in with my story.

Edited by f311 at 11:42:04 12-06-2013
  • Gambit1977 12 Jun 2013 11:40:10 9,791 posts
    Seen 40 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Amazon order arrived! Woohoo!
  • dominalien 12 Jun 2013 11:57:45 6,978 posts
    Seen 46 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Sony took my money this morning. I wonder when it'll start downloading. So far, it's only the 200 odd MB installer that's available.

@Gambit1997

So, you have it, in your hand, right now? And you're going to start playing today? I think I hate you just a little bit at this particular moment. :-)

PSN: DonOsito

• HarryPalmer 12 Jun 2013 12:06:26 3,334 posts
    Seen 37 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @f311 - This is my first experience of ShopTo, I thought I'd give them a go and see if I could get this a day early. Order is still processing, so I'm not holding out much hope.

It seems to be fairly pot luck whichever store you choose though.
  • f311 12 Jun 2013 12:13:37 252 posts
    Seen 33 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    I suppose it is, you just gotta go with the one that screws up the least, and well with a 75% failure rate it's certainly not shopto!

Edited by f311 at 12:14:12 12-06-2013
  • robc84 12 Jun 2013 12:21:42 5,707 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    I've only ever used shopto a couple of times prior to this, and both items were received prior to release day.

However, I have heard a lot of people saying how their service has slipped as they have become more popular. To be expected I suppose.

I've not tried Simplygames yet. If Shopto don't get this one out on time I'll give them a go next time.

The picture of my package has been there since yesterday, so I'd be suprised if they didn't get it out the door today. So should get it Friday latest!
  • Gambit1977 12 Jun 2013 12:29:20 9,791 posts
    Seen 40 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    just in case you weren't aware. Its from 'the makers of uncharted' plastered on the box :-)

Think its time to stop playing state of decay and try this bad boy out.
  • Gambit1977 12 Jun 2013 12:34:34 9,791 posts
    Seen 40 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Ah, no installation necessary. I'm surprised at that. Back of the box says 720p only but that's no biggie. First time loading takes a minute or two, but...ooooh
  • neilka 12 Jun 2013 12:35:19 16,102 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    REAL TIME LOADING UPDATES

Lastly, I am gay, disabled, and a liberal.

• dominalien 12 Jun 2013 12:35:53 6,978 posts
    Seen 46 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    OK, it's definitely time for me to stop reading. KThxBye! :-)

PSN: DonOsito

• robc84 12 Jun 2013 12:36:48 5,707 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    I think Gambit is on a windup....;-)
  • kinky_mong 12 Jun 2013 12:37:56 10,354 posts
    Seen 39 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    robc84 wrote:
    An Amazon order arriving early was the give away to me.

All the eurogamers who actually play with each other on xbl rather than just post pseudointellectual pc handwringing bollocks on the forums, love the shit out of biggy.

• Gambit1977 12 Jun 2013 12:38:27 9,791 posts
    Seen 40 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Hahahahaha!

I'm in love with the Press start screen too.
    I won't spoil anything though don't worry ;-)
    I'm going in!
  • robc84 12 Jun 2013 12:39:00 5,707 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    @kinky_mong Was my first thought exactly!
  • HarryPalmer 12 Jun 2013 12:39:15 3,334 posts
    Seen 37 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Yeah, if they mess this up, I won't use them again, simples.

Order is 'completed'. Whatever that means.

Oh, I see they post a pic of your package(ooh er), they posted it yesterday apparently. I'll shut up now.

Edited by HarryPalmer at 12:42:15 12-06-2013
  • Gambit1977 12 Jun 2013 12:39:26 9,791 posts
    Seen 40 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    kinky_mong wrote:
    robc84 wrote:
    An Amazon order arriving early was the give away to me.
    oh no it is here. I always get them early. Want a piccie? I'll do one :-)
  • Page

of 84 First / Last