The Last of Us Page 2

• Page

of 84 First / Last

• Deleted user 11 December 2011 11:45:46
    Yea I know but it wasn't the focus, whilst in UC 3 every 5 min they were taking away control from you.
  • Cappy 11 Dec 2011 11:46:58 12,119 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I don't see how listing a bunch of mostly multiformat games equals too many PS3 zombie games. Dead Rising isn't worth buying on the PS3 for instance, Dead Nation is a twin stick shooter, hardly a zombie survival game, the enemies could be swapped for anything.
  • sirtacos 11 Dec 2011 11:49:48 7,378 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I'm mostly excited about the way they render individual leaves.

Individual leaf physics or fuck off, Naughty Dog.
  • Deleted user 11 December 2011 11:53:43
    The lead designer of Enslaved is working on this btw, seems that is an inspiration for them. I hope they get rid of the sticky jumps as well, always hated that about UC.
  • Derblington 11 Dec 2011 11:54:00 22,306 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Syrette wrote:
    I think you've missed what some people have been getting at.
    I'm not sure I did. Burnout, GT, Twisted metal and Wipeout are about as different as you can get within the same genre so lumping them all together as boring just because they have one common element is daft.
  • MrTomFTW Moderator 11 Dec 2011 11:54:50 39,806 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    You can tell that's running direct from a PS3. There's fuck all AA on that trailer :lol:

Follow me on Twitter: @MrTom
    Voted by the community "Best mod" 2011, 2012 and 2013.

• the_dudefather 11 Dec 2011 11:54:53 9,418 posts
    Seen 22 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Speaking of survival games, just remembered that I have a mostly unplayed copy of SOS: the final escape, worth a go?

(ง ͠ ͟ʖ ͡)

• Syrette 11 Dec 2011 11:59:02 44,308 posts
    Seen 49 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Derblington wrote:
    Syrette wrote:
    I'm not sure I did. Burnout, GT, Twisted metal and Wipeout are about as different as you can get within the same genre so lumping them all together as boring just because they have one common element is daft.
    And again, I generally find zombies boring. The enemy type. Not the games. I can still enjoy the games. I think you're trying to argue against me with a point that doesn't exist. It's just an opinion - I don't like zombies. I still like the likes of L4D regardless.

You can't get as much variety with zombies as you can with racers.

• HisDudness 11 Dec 2011 12:09:21 1,017 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Derblington wrote:
    Syrette wrote:
    Exactly Derbs. Dead Space is basically a zombie game as well, but it's probably the best execution of survival horror this generation (haven't played Amnesia). Not a game whose existence you should begrudge because Dead Rising and Burn Zombie Burn also exist.

Does everyone expect this to just be a reskinned Uncharted with 'infected' instead of mercenaries or pirates?
  • Fake_Blood 11 Dec 2011 12:14:26 4,465 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Zombies are so 2007, cookie monster said so.

/liked the trailer
  • quadfather 11 Dec 2011 12:16:05 13,423 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Fake_Blood wrote:
    Zombies are so 2007, cookie monster said so.

/liked the trailer
    :-)

psn quaddy456, Dark Souls tips

• Syrette 11 Dec 2011 12:16:35 44,308 posts
    Seen 49 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I liked the trailer too.

• Deleted user 11 December 2011 12:17:56
    Zombie games create an enemy with no motivation other than to kill which is generally not that interesting. The best zombie films focus heavily on social commentary or human stories where they are just used as the metaphor/threat.

ND are pretty decent at story telling compared to most other game companies so this might be ok otherwise it'll just be another duck shoot where you replace waves of dumb soldier grunts with zombies.
  • Derblington 11 Dec 2011 12:22:21 22,306 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Aargh. wrote:
    Zombie games create an enemy with no motivation other than to kill which is generally not that interesting. The best zombie films focus heavily on social commentary or human stories where they are just used as the metaphor/threat.

ND are pretty decent at story telling compared to most other game companies so this might be ok otherwise it'll just be another duck shoot where you replace waves of dumb soldier grunts with zombies.
    The first room has a dead guy (not infected) on the bed and Ellie enters the room after Joel has battered and killed 2 more guys (also not infected) who they then search.

ND aren't stupid and it already looks/sounds like the infected element is a common threat for all the survivors.

Edited by Derblington at 12:38:53 11-12-2011
  • ResidentKnievel 11 Dec 2011 12:23:09 6,294 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    A muscle-bound, white American dude shoots his way through a horde of zombies while protecting his hapless white American female sidekick.

You've got to applaud Naughty Dog's originality and risk taking.

[code]Armoured_Bear wrote:
    Unlike yourself, I don't have a weird obsession with any platform.[/code]

• Deleted user 11 December 2011 12:34:10
    I think they should make it semi open world or hub based like Deus Ex, give us different ways to approach the levels. I reckon you will control the man for the action or combat and the girl for the platforming and puzzles.
  • Deleted user 11 December 2011 12:36:44
    That sounds terrible.

Something like the Ico approach of having to protect the girl would be nice.
  • Derblington 11 Dec 2011 12:37:46 22,306 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Unless it's campaign co-op, you'll be the girl.
  • quadfather 11 Dec 2011 12:38:09 13,423 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    ResidentKnievel wrote:
    A muscle-bound, white American dude shoots his way through a horde of zombies while protecting his hapless white American female sidekick.

But as long as it's a good game and lots of fun, that's the main thing. Isn't it?....

psn quaddy456, Dark Souls tips

• Deleted user 11 December 2011 12:47:47
    The ICO approach would work as well, but it would be a hard sell. The one about the man being for the action may be awful but the game would do better commercially.
  • UncleLou Moderator 11 Dec 2011 12:48:18 35,856 posts
    Seen 22 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    "Zombie"/"infected" is just a catch-all phrase for humanoid enemy types that aren't humans these days, ND can do whatever they want with them. It's not like the trailer suggests they're the raised arms/shuffling feet or the L4D variant.

That's not exactly what I got from the trailer.
  • Deleted user 11 December 2011 12:49:02
    I think the deus ex way would be cool, say have some equipment you need to get to, you can stealth your way through or use the enviroment.
  • QotSAfan 11 Dec 2011 12:51:20 1,766 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    ResidentKnievel wrote:

Originality is one of the rarest things you can find. Ideas and concepts evolve over time. The people who make them fresh and relevant are the ones to be applauded. Those who make it fresh, relevant and timeless. Those are the ones that should be looked up to.

Naughty Dog have a consistent track record in the first category and at least one game in the latter(UC2). That is why I'm excited for this and you should be too.
  • chopsen 11 Dec 2011 13:22:41 16,290 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Billy_Sastard wrote:
    Aargh. wrote:
    Billy_Sastard wrote:
    What I posted in the pelicans thread.
    lols
    Your loss, you have these blinkers on thinking Dale is the be all and end all in there but you couldn't be more wrong.

It's an excellent group and we talk about how gay you are.
    Given the membership of said group, is the prevailing conclusion of this discussion "not gay enough to join us."
  • ResidentKnievel 11 Dec 2011 13:33:07 6,294 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    It's still bound to be great, it's just I can't see myself caring much about the characters' plight, going by the trailer.

Edited by ResidentKnievel at 13:33:18 11-12-2011

[code]Armoured_Bear wrote:
    Unlike yourself, I don't have a weird obsession with any platform.[/code]

• NotSoSlim 11 Dec 2011 13:44:56 3,149 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    UC4 for PS4 then and if Last Of Us takes off the sequle will be on PS4 also. Ti be fair reminds me of Walking Dead
  • MrTomFTW Moderator 11 Dec 2011 13:51:45 39,806 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    It's a Naughty Dog game. It'll be a lovely looking and highly scripted and linear 3rd person shooter. With zombies.

Follow me on Twitter: @MrTom
    Voted by the community "Best mod" 2011, 2012 and 2013.

• Page

of 84 First / Last