The Last of Us Page 77

• Page

of 84 First / Last

• Deleted user 29 November 2013 19:49:44
    I'm still playing this on and off. I'm not one of those players that likes to hammer through a game. It is for sure one of the greats. I love it all. It's in the detail that lifts this game beyond most others. That said, I still rate Uncharted 2 higher. There's something really special about that game, that I hope they can re create with no.4
  • DisappointedDunceky 13 Dec 2013 06:15:02 154 posts
    Seen 3 months ago
    Registered 9 months ago
    I just bought Gustavo's original scores, sure the game had bewitching melodies, but among them, the melody that you hear in the XMB when booting up the game, and the melody on the "start menu" which continues to the load screen , are just wonderful.
    However the start menu theme isn't in the score , which annoys me as hell, for this melody alone was one the two reasons I bought the whole score,
    been wondering if anyone knows how to get it.

Oh and I tried (illegally) downloading it as well, but couldn't find any decent version among torrents.However I would appreciate the cheapest approach, if that's possible ;)
  • DUFFMAN5 13 Dec 2013 06:27:16 14,603 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Re bought this (via our swapsies thread :) ) again in preparation for the meaty story dlc we are getting...do we know when.

Have typed many words about how stunning this game is, so can't wait to dive back in.

"Duffman the grey is thrusting in the direction of the problem! Oh, yeah!"

• Trafford 13 Dec 2013 08:12:10 5,739 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Think I might treat myself to a replay of this having only played through the once on release. NG+ is begging.
    Nice bit of full fat AAA for the Xmas season ahoy :D
  • robc84 13 Dec 2013 08:41:22 5,521 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    It's been in my drawer staring at me for a while. I've been meaning to do a survivor run though via the NG+ trick. The thought of survivor is pretty intimidating though, especially since it's been so long since I've played it. Plus normal was plenty hard enough first time!

I'm tempted to do a normal NG+ and just mess about with different tactics.

Can't tear myself away from Dark Souls at the minute though!
  • Mr_Sleep 13 Dec 2013 09:30:03 16,972 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Survivor mode takes a bit of getting used to but it is essential to play the mode imo, it's even better than normal. The difficulty spikes are still there, such as the first clicker encounter but overall you shouldn't have too much trouble.

You are a factory of sadness.

• robc84 13 Dec 2013 09:37:02 5,521 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    But no listen mode!!!

Was the first clicker encounter that one in the dark office room? Been ages since I played!
  • Mr_Sleep 13 Dec 2013 09:52:14 16,972 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    You soon get used to no listen mode and it improves the games atmosphere to have no listen mode. By the way, I'm not saying its easy, there were a couple of sections that I just pegged it through but it's worth the challenge.

The first clicker encounter I'm referring to is where you drop down and there's a metal rod right infront of you and there's four infected and one clicker. It is the office, yeah. I'm not sure if it is the first but it certainly stick out. Oh and the Ellie section caused me a fair few swears

• robc84 13 Dec 2013 09:56:08 5,521 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Oh yeah I know the one you mean. Caused me a bit of frustration on normal that!

Oh god the Ellie section. How does one do that with little to no supplies?!
  • Mr_Sleep 13 Dec 2013 09:59:02 16,972 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    robc84 wrote:
    Oh yeah I know the one you mean. Caused me a bit of frustration on normal that!

Oh god the Ellie section. How does one do that with little to no supplies?!
    Funny thing is that it's not necessarily worse as such, it's just as annoying as in normal mode!

Regarding Ellie's section, it's all about the bow and arrow really, it gives you just enough to deal with the bloater but barely enough to deal with the infected. I think I died more time in the clicker maze than the final fight but it was a lot of death anyway. I did give up and do something else at least once

• mcmothercruncher 13 Dec 2013 11:57:32 6,837 posts
    Seen 36 seconds ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    If you're considering another play through, defo go survival. DEFO!
    Different game, much tension.
  • robc84 13 Dec 2013 12:01:14 5,521 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    I've been meaning to. Just don't have the time to play more than 1 game at a time. At the moment it's Dark Souls!

If / when I do I'll go survivor.

Already dreading the hotel basement....
  • FuzzyDuck 13 Dec 2013 12:32:17 4,038 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @robc84

Re; your spoiler.

I haven't played it in a bit, is that where Joel and Ellie gets separated, Joel is in a flooded basement and has to find a keycard and get a generator going? If that's the bit I'm thinking of, there's a path that let's you run past all the enemies and completely avoid a confrontation.

Which is blooming essential on Survivor. Do blast through it on that difficulty, I found it tickling my Souls' games sense of completion! :D
  • SolidSCB 13 Dec 2013 12:33:39 6,646 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Yeah, I fucking legged it there. Didn't fancy wasting my 3 pistol bullets.
  • robc84 13 Dec 2013 12:35:53 5,521 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    @FuzzyDuck

That's the one. It's one of the sections of the game that stood out for me. I wouldn't necessarily say I 'enjoyed' it, but it was incredibly tense, and ever so slightly terrifying!!

I was pretty relieved when that was over...
  • Mr_Sleep 13 Dec 2013 12:40:52 16,972 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Yeah, you can avoid the larger conflict in that area, even knowing this and doing it that way was irrevocably tense.

• FuzzyDuck 13 Dec 2013 14:02:54 4,038 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @robc84

Yep, that was my impression of it too! Was dreading it on Survivor and actually got stuck on it for a while (at least until I worked out you could run past it).
  • Elythador 3 Jan 2014 13:57:42 35 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Does anyone have issues with aliasing in this game? I have seen youtube videos of this game and the graphics are so much better than mine. My screen is full of shimmering and jagged edges. Really does look apalling. I am playing on full HD 32 inch TV. Just wondering if anybody has had similar issues and managed to find a fix. Cheers
  • DUFFMAN5 3 Jan 2014 14:15:00 14,603 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    @Elythador
    Played on a lcd 32 with no issues, thought it looked stunning in fact.
    Sorry, no real help.

"Duffman the grey is thrusting in the direction of the problem! Oh, yeah!"

• Elythador 3 Jan 2014 14:19:45 35 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Is it possible to get a duff copy of the game?
  • nickthegun 3 Jan 2014 14:21:42 59,527 posts
    Seen 50 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    No, it does have AA problems as well as really bad texture pop-in.

Basically, anything thats not in immediate focus looks like vaseline has been smothered over it.

---------------------------------------------------------
    someone say something funny

• imamazed 3 Jan 2014 14:22:05 5,535 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    :D
  • Deleted user 3 January 2014 14:22:08
    @Elythador I'm playing it on a 42" HD Samsung LED. I'm not getting the "shimmering" although the graphics do look sharp. I'm still amazed by the curtain blowing on the title screen, as i guess it's running real-time, not pre-rendered, and really show's what Naughty Dog are capable of doing. God only know's what they will achieve with the PS4, apart from better shadows, something the PS3 seemed to struggle with?
  • nickthegun 3 Jan 2014 14:23:38 59,527 posts
    Seen 50 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    imamazed wrote:
    That wasnt sarcastic, it does.

• imamazed 3 Jan 2014 14:26:13 5,535 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    nickthegun wrote:
    imamazed wrote:
    That wasnt sarcastic, it does.
    My post was in response to the one before yours. You just beat me to it!
  • nickthegun 3 Jan 2014 14:27:37 59,527 posts
    Seen 50 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    OIC. Also, the textures are really slow to load. I dont know if installing it makes any difference...

• imamazed 3 Jan 2014 14:28:41 5,535 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    PS3 games don't have optional installs do they?
  • nickthegun 3 Jan 2014 14:29:56 59,527 posts
    Seen 50 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    In that case, it would make no difference at all ;)

• Elythador 3 Jan 2014 14:36:46 35 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Hmm. My ps3 is definately broken then. The curtain and leaves on the title screen look shocking. I've turned the sharpness down on the telly to hide some of it. I put heavy rain on to see what that looked like in comparison and actually looked better. Dunno what's going on
  • Page

of 84 First / Last