The Last of Us Page 76

• Page

of 84 First / Last

• Rens11 3 Sep 2013 02:19:37 1,417 posts
    Seen 36 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Also just finished it, outstanding game characters and story so far ahead of pretty much anything I've played before probably the best game I've played this gen. Can't wait to see what naughty dog can do with PS4

Dont kid yourself, Jimmy. If a cow ever got the chance, hed eat you and everyone you care about!

• mcmothercruncher 3 Sep 2013 14:18:12 7,200 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Rens11 wrote:
    ... can't wait to see what naughty dog can do with PS4
    I usually swap "sides" each generation, but The next Naughty Dog game after The Last of Us is the reason I have to buy a PS4.
  • mcmothercruncher 3 Sep 2013 15:04:23 7,200 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Had a quick go on the new multiplayer mode- and it was too quick really get a feel for the pace- and it's OK. Not more impressed than that though to be honest but it's because it doesn't feel like it's quite balanced enough yet. There isn't nearly enough time given for a start- Interrogation is a game in two stages but only has the usual amount of time.
    Personally, the second half, when you're trying to assault the enemies stronghold and/or try to defend your own works best because it plays like the other modes do. The first half where you're trying to down people in order to interrogate them and you therefore don't want to kill them takes some getting used to. Plus, I thought they said it'd take ages to interrogate and you'd need your team to defend? It's as quick as a regular finishing move.

It'll grow on me I think, but the biggest problem it has for game longevity is that there are no new maps...
  • MMMarmite 3 Sep 2013 16:24:46 1,064 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    mcmothercruncher wrote:Plus, I thought they said it'd take ages to interrogate
    It takes ages when you have idiots on your team just lobbing molotovs at the enemy ;)
  • scott1987 9 Sep 2013 10:03:06 131 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Just finished this myself and i ahve to say its a brilliant game but i didnt like the ending to it. Plus i found myself getting bored to the end of it, i still think uncharted is the best thing naughty dog do.
  • myst77 12 Oct 2013 11:22:23 2 posts
    Seen 8 months ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    hello guys!

i've lost my save game :(

i am at about 50% (where you meet the guy with his son and continue together)

Could anyone send me any save file at that point?

Thanks in advance !
  • myst77 12 Oct 2013 13:18:12 2 posts
    Seen 8 months ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    @elmastero thanks man! i'll be waiting ! :)
  • FuzzyDuck 12 Oct 2013 23:56:44 4,324 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    After playing this through 3 times already (on Normal, Survivor and Survivor +) I though I was done, but I've been sucked back in this evening for a fresh run. Gonna do it on easy and mop up the collectables.

I do recommend everyone gives it a go on Survivor - it really mixes up how you have to approach things and has some genuinely tense moments.
  • Errol 13 Oct 2013 00:05:28 12,497 posts
    Seen 20 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    If Naughty Dog stays exclusive to SONY then that is enough reason in itself to buy a PS4.
  • Mr_Sleep 13 Oct 2013 00:30:05 17,168 posts
    Seen 13 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    FuzzyDuck wrote:
    I do recommend everyone gives it a go on Survivor - it really mixes up how you have to approach things and has some genuinely tense moments.
    I agree, it makes for a better experience imo. I recall a few tense moments where I just had to run through areas and that feeling is so different to the normal playthrough.

You are a factory of sadness.

• FuzzyDuck 13 Oct 2013 01:30:29 4,324 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Errol wrote:
    If Naughty Dog stays exclusive to SONY then that is enough reason in itself to buy a PS4.
    Pretty sure ND are owned by Sony in the same way the likes of Santa Monica, Studio Japan and Polyphony are.
  • FuzzyDuck 13 Oct 2013 01:34:48 4,324 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Mr_Sleep wrote:
    FuzzyDuck wrote:
    I agree, it makes for a better experience imo. I recall a few tense moments where I just had to run through areas and that feeling is so different to the normal playthrough.
    Yep, the bit at the high school was properly nerve shredding, as well as the flooded basement.

Once I adjusted to not having it (by about Bill's Town) I actually enjoyed not being able to listen in and get the baddies' location, it also added to the tension immensely. Not gonna bother using it for the Easy jaunt.
  • robc84 13 Oct 2013 07:46:44 5,794 posts
    Seen 46 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Been meaning to do a survivor run through of this but have been putting it off as too scared :redface:

I was so reliant on listen mode 1st time not sure how I'd do without it!

Sure this has been answered before, but are enemies harder on survivor or are there just less items etc?
  • Mr_Sleep 13 Oct 2013 10:00:20 17,168 posts
    Seen 13 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Seemed to me that the human enemies were much the same. The infected, however, are more observant, not sure they were any harder to kill otherwise though.

You are a factory of sadness.

• ecu 13 Oct 2013 11:16:14 77,011 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    FuzzyDuck wrote:
    Errol wrote:
    Pretty sure ND are owned by Sony in the same way the likes of Santa Monica, Studio Japan and Polyphony are.
    Yes, they are a subsidiary of Sony Computer Entertainment.
  • FuzzyDuck 13 Oct 2013 12:06:51 4,324 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @robc84

You're most of the way through Demon's Souls, you'll be grand with this! :D

I think the enemies take the same amount of ammo to put down, although ammo pick ups are almost non-existent, so you'll be stealthing a lot, and one or two area where all you can do is run like hell and hope that the last Infected in the way of the exit eats your last shotgun shell successfully.
  • robc84 13 Oct 2013 19:09:01 5,794 posts
    Seen 46 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    @FuzzyDuck dunno about most of the way thru but making progress! :)

Think I may do a survivor run (doing the ng plus trick if poss) once I'm done with ds.

I find it really hard to go through an area without killing everything so I guess I'll have to change my approach!
  • FuzzyDuck 13 Oct 2013 21:03:00 4,324 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @robc84

Well you're fairly getting through it :D

Do give it a bash, it does force you to play differently, but it's actually more enjoyable once you adjust, turns it into a proper survival horror.
  • sid92 19 Oct 2013 14:43:57 652 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I just got my platinum for this i also finished with 99 survivors and got the skull mask woooo!
  • FuzzyDuck 2 Nov 2013 11:08:00 4,324 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Hey ho, just started my 5th playthrough of this.
  • DUFFMAN5 2 Nov 2013 11:15:52 14,952 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    @FuzzyDuck
    Wow!
    A truly stunning game, but 5 times you mad fool ;)

I don't have enough time for a second let alone more.

"Duffman the grey is thrusting in the direction of the problem! Oh, yeah!"

• FuzzyDuck 2 Nov 2013 11:25:44 4,324 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @DUFFMAN5 What can I say, I love it! Probably a bit too much :D

Actually, when i tot up my hours clocked on this (between the surprisingly enjoyable multiplayer and solo), it breaks the 100 mark!

Got my day 1 value out of it for sure.
  • DUFFMAN5 2 Nov 2013 11:34:02 14,952 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    @FuzzyDuck

Good point, and awesome value. Amazing and emotional game as we have all stated on many occasions.

I think the most game time I have spent on any game,at least in sp only is Fallout 3,around 250 hours!

"Duffman the grey is thrusting in the direction of the problem! Oh, yeah!"

• Derblington 2 Nov 2013 11:36:49 21,900 posts
    Seen 58 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I intend to do a 3rd playthrough at some point. Just need to make some time around everything else.
  • FuzzyDuck 2 Nov 2013 11:47:08 4,324 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @DUFFMAN5

Yep, it's really well acted too. One highlight that sticks in my mind is a really small thing - when Joel gets separated from Tess and Ellie in the museum (I think) he's calling out to Tess but trying to keep quiet. So we hear him barely raising his voice going "Teeeeess. Teessssss. Sssshhiittt!" love it! :D

Ah, think I burnt out on Fallout 3 at about 80 hours (which is still plenty!). I do have a friend who's of a similarly mad persuasion as yourself ;) and 100%-ed F3 and New Vegas :D
  • Kay 2 Nov 2013 13:40:24 17,918 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    FuzzyDuck wrote:
    @DUFFMAN5

Yep, it's really well acted too. One highlight that sticks in my mind is a really small thing - when Joel gets separated from Tess and Ellie in the museum (I think) he's calling out to Tess but trying to keep quiet. So we hear him barely raising his voice going "Teeeeess. Teessssss. Sssshhiittt!" love it! :D
    The bit that really stuck with me was this scene:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SCGNGWUQEwk

For him to try and push her away at that point after all they'd been through, when most other games/plots would have him embracing her and finally admitting he needed her - that's what elevated the game beyond the usual cliched predictable plot line, and showed that ND really knew what they were doing with this story.

The way Ellie pushes Joel was very touching, and the whole scene was brilliantly acted.

Edited by Kay at 13:42:10 02-11-2013
  • FuzzyDuck 2 Nov 2013 16:05:40 4,324 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @Kay

Great shout, I think that scene could be the high point of the entire story.

Love the sequence where Joel is injured and he's trying to escape with Ellie, he refuses her help (in that half hearted kind of way, props himself against a desk when Ellie snaps at him "Can you walk? Then fucking walk!". The delivery is perfect.

As an aside, I've this sneaking feeling that the single player DLC will Henry and Sam's journey. It makes sense from a gmaeplay point of view at least.
  • Page

of 84 First / Last