The Last of Us Page 71

• Page

of 84 First / Last

• X201 21 Jul 2013 20:30:04 15,274 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Under the Sales of Goods Act it is a faulty product, it is Argos' problem, regardless of anything else they point to claiming exemption.
  • oldschoolsoviet 21 Jul 2013 22:56:39 5,460 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Just tried an evening of MP.

Matchmaking is interesting, to say the least. Forming a team of 26/2/0/0 against 121/65/69/47 is slightly, just slightly ridiculous.

/no more MP
  • FuzzyDuck 21 Jul 2013 23:56:03 4,038 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @CaptainKerbal

Have you tired signing into your PSN account on the website and redeeming from there? I had this issue with a PSN credit code before, kept getting that error on my PS3, but just surfed over to the website and it redeemed properly first try.

Could be worth a shot, hopefully you get it sorted as the multiplayer is surprisingly decent on it :)

Edited by FuzzyDuck at 23:56:56 21-07-2013
  • Tuffty 22 Jul 2013 00:21:55 1,561 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @oldschoolsoviet They might have all been in a party? I dunno, it's happened to me too though. In fairness, I've got this on Fri and since then any losses I've had is strictly down to shitty players. I go down next to two teammates, behind cover and none of them revive me? And when an enemy player comes to do an execution move, none of them catch on and wind up getting shot at after? Come on. It's absolutely a game for people with headsets, shame I can't find any.

Edited by Tuffty at 00:22:30 22-07-2013
  • CaptainKerbal 22 Jul 2013 20:09:20 368 posts
    Seen 59 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    @FuzzyDuck

Thanks for the suggestion, I tried that but still showed invalid, however I emailed PSN and they replied today - impressive given it was the weekend just gone! - rang the number and gave the reference and it was sorted out - appears that the code did redeem the first time but gave an incorrect error message, the pass was on my downloads list but hadnt downloaded.
  • FuzzyDuck 22 Jul 2013 21:01:48 4,038 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @CaptainKerbal No worries!

I have never heard of that happening before, I will keep it in mind the next time I have a similar issue!

The two times I had to contact the PSn customer service were pretty good, they rectified the problems I had pretty quick, glad they got you sorted.

Now good luck with the multiplayer, can be a bit daunting at first :D
  • mcmothercruncher 24 Jul 2013 14:07:49 6,836 posts
    Seen 29 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I'm mopping up a couple of trophies in order to go for the Platinum. Have just had the multiplayer ones and Ellie's conversations to do for the last couple of weeks.
    Popped the Hunter one last night and got stuck back into figuring out which single conversation I'd supposedly missed.

Of the 37 to do, when I re-did them all in a random order, which one do you reckon it was?

Yeah, the thirty-frigging-seventh :evil: :-P
  • gamecubeisbest 24 Jul 2013 14:10:37 91 posts
    Seen 9 months ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Is new games plus harder?
  • robc84 24 Jul 2013 14:10:47 5,521 posts
    Seen 15 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    I'm really struggling to get motivated to play anything since finishing this game a couple of weeks ago. At the moment my options are trying to make some progress in Skyrim, playing through Xcom again or doing a NG+ on TLOU.

Think its going to have to be NG+. I'm just not sure I'll enjoy as much second time around...
  • Ultrasoundwave 24 Jul 2013 14:23:19 3,282 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Well, after a load of haggling and patience, I've managed to get a new, sealed version of both the Joel and Ellie editions for a combined total of 110.

Looking at the prices on eBay already, it appears I've manged to nab them just in time......the prices are starting to get quite ridiculous.......

"The worst part is, I'll have to have the break-up sex with myself!"

• mcmothercruncher 24 Jul 2013 19:15:39 6,836 posts
    Seen 29 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Signature PS3 game of this generation I suppose, still, yeah, you wouldn't catch me paying some of those prices.

Arguably new game plus is easier gamecube/rob, even if you choose a harder setting, because Joel's upgrades, like extra health, carry over. Weapons too, although you need to play through to where they are naturally unlocked in the story.

I really, really recommend another play through. Yes, you no longer have the surprises coming up, but there will still be a lot of content you missed or interesting contextual stuff that might have gone over your head last time. I found it really fleshed out and solidified things for me.

Survivor is harder, but plays differently enough that it is a whole new challenge. Not being able to listen injects some tension back into scenes you've seen before, and the limited ammo means you'll often need to come up with new ways to get through sections you had loads of ordinance for before. I did a "normal" and "survivor" run and they both felt quite distinctive.

Go for it :)
  • Rhaegyr 25 Jul 2013 13:03:34 1,588 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    I've not felt the need to go back for another play-through - I adored the game the first time through and it's one of the very best on the PS3 but the gameplay isn't a big enough hook the second time round imo.

Saying that, the only games I've replayed in the last five years are Dark Souls and SMG2 so I'm not sure it's a point against TLoU!

A few of my friends have recently finished the game so it's great to finally be able to talk about some of the stand out moments in the game and what other people thought of the story as a whole; not met a single person disappointed in any way by the game either.

To put it in perspective, the last time I remember that happening was GTA3.
  • Baihu1983 25 Jul 2013 17:18:12 3,415 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 3 years ago

• YenooR 26 Jul 2013 23:00:38 532 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Just finished The Last of Us.
    I took my time playing, the story and the emotion of this game is just brillant. Don't know if I will ever play it on survivor mode as I found some parts quite challenging on normal.
    Easily best game of this gen.
    10/10
  • FatSternKikwi 27 Jul 2013 00:54:07 553 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Amazing game, 10/10.

Easily eclipses uncharted 2 as naughty dogs finest achievement.

But man did the ally AI suck big time.
  • FuzzyDuck 27 Jul 2013 04:05:07 4,038 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    YenooR wrote:
    Just finished The Last of Us.
    I took my time playing, the story and the emotion of this game is just brillant. Don't know if I will ever play it on survivor mode as I found some parts quite challenging on normal.
    Easily best game of this gen.
    10/10
    It's actually not that bad on Survivor. Started a game on it today and I've hit the 40% mark quicker than I did on my initial, Normal playthrough.

Only died once on the initial Bloater encounter.
  • mcmothercruncher 27 Jul 2013 14:13:29 6,836 posts
    Seen 29 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Tried to find a substitute game after finishing TLoU. Tomb Raider is very definitely not that game... :evil:
  • DUFFMAN5 27 Jul 2013 15:32:22 14,599 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    mcmothercruncher wrote:
    Tried to find a substitute game after finishing TLoU. Tomb Raider is very definitely not that game... :evil:
    ...there is no such game ;)

I didn't play anything for three plus weeks due to nothing comparing, once I realised nothing would then I was fine with it.

I think the one that might be of the same or similar high narrative standard will be Beyond: Two Souls

I'm actually 75% in on TR (360) at the mo and it is very enjoyable, nothing to blow you away but certainly playable. Have to give credit for the big open spaces, for the most part a very good looking game as well

I will then mess about with Gears until SR4 and the biggie GTAV

"Duffman the grey is thrusting in the direction of the problem! Oh, yeah!"

• FuzzyDuck 27 Jul 2013 15:51:26 4,038 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I'm beating my post-TLoU blues by um, playing it again! And getting stuck into a completely different genre (I've a few arcade racers on the go at the minute).
  • mcmothercruncher 27 Jul 2013 17:52:31 6,836 posts
    Seen 29 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Yeah, it's not bad and it looks great, just everything feels a bit clunky, a bit shallow etc after the nuanced, mature story telling of TLoU. I think I'm going to give up, really can't be arsed.
    You might have the answer Fuzzy- I need a totally different genre to beat the blues :)
  • FuzzyDuck 27 Jul 2013 19:08:27 4,038 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @mcmothercruncher

Yep, using the racers as a palette cleanser!

To be honest, the new TR didn't hook me at all (played it a few weeks after release), it was indeed far too clunky and it lacked the charm of Uncharted, so I could imagine playing it after TLoU must be horrible :D
  • IronGiant 29 Jul 2013 23:21:40 4,492 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I'm at 94% now and sad that it'll soon be finished, brilliant game.. No idea what I want to play next as this blows most other games I've played recently out the water.

I'm hoping for an Uncharted 4 reveal at gamescon or a new Colony Wars, even GPolice would go down well :)

In the meantime ill settle for some Bioshock Infinite DLC and the hope that ND have some extra stuff planned for TLoU.

Edited by IronGiant at 23:23:30 29-07-2013
  • M83J01P97 29 Jul 2013 23:39:42 6,600 posts
    Seen 33 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    There is going to be isn't there? I'm sure they have announced that there will be single player DLC in the future
  • X201 30 Jul 2013 06:42:33 15,274 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @IronGiant

Don't know what difficulty you played it on, but Survivor really makes you tackle it in a different manner.
  • X201 30 Jul 2013 06:43:58 15,274 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    M83J01P97 wrote:
    There is going to be isn't there? I'm sure they have announced that there will be single player DLC in the future
    Yep, Season Pass covers two Multiplayer and one Single player DLC, IIRC
  • ILoveThrashMetal 30 Jul 2013 07:51:45 715 posts
    Seen 43 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Ps3 fried, 3 quarters through this game :(

Arsechickens

• robc84 30 Jul 2013 08:48:34 5,521 posts
    Seen 15 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    I've just not had any enthusiasm for gaming since finishing this. It really does kill off the gaming habit for a few weeks at least.

I've pushed myself to go back to Skyrim, just to finish the main story quests, but its just not in the same league (albeit a completely different type of game).

I will play through TLOU again though. I'm just leaving it a while so the story is not so fresh still. Not sure whether to go with a normal NG+ and just mess about with different tactics, or go for a survivor run through. I think the latter would be too frustrating for me though as I'm not that good at the game!
  • X201 30 Jul 2013 09:00:59 15,274 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @robc84
    Use the Survivor NG+ trick.
    It will make it a little easier, as your weapons will already be upgraded.
  • robc84 30 Jul 2013 09:35:51 5,521 posts
    Seen 15 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    I know it was explained a few pages back, but I'm being lazy. How does the NG+ trick work?
  • Folant 30 Jul 2013 09:43:54 1,161 posts
    Seen 43 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Start New Game +, get to chapter 2, quit to main menu, chapter select the intro again, choose desired difficulty including Survivor.

Not sure if you have to delete any updates still, I've read a few people doing so without deleting. But this is the Internet.

Posted from my Nexus 4, not using Tapatalk 4.

• Page

of 84 First / Last