The Last of Us Page 65

• Page

of 84 First / Last

• Folant 29 Jun 2013 21:50:29 1,161 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Yeah, gonna play through NG+ on normal until I get to ch3 and see what ch2 says for me.
    Curious to if it retains the Survivor status still.

Posted from my Nexus 4, not using Tapatalk 4.

• X201 29 Jun 2013 22:40:25 15,124 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @Folant

I'm using the Survivor NG+ trick, have just checked chapter select and it says "Completed on Survivor" for the chapters that I've completed.
  • Folant 29 Jun 2013 22:58:20 1,161 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Well that sucks for me. Haha

Doing the prologue one last time to see if anything triggers.
    Could probably do it with my eyes closed by now.

Least I know where I went wrong, I chapter selected from ch2,so didn't get the count for the prologue.

C'est la vie

• Pinky_Floyd 29 Jun 2013 23:46:08 7,343 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    And I'm done.  And it was good.  Tremendous achievement by Naughty Dog.  They should be so proud.  I know that I'm extremely proud to see such a pinnacle in my hobby of 30 years.  When I first played Horace Goes Skiing I'm pretty certain that one day I hoped videogames would be like this, though doubted they ever would be.

Proud, proud to be a gamer.
  • mcmothercruncher 30 Jun 2013 08:15:05 6,424 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Horace goes Skiing was the very first game I ever loaded up on my Speccy when I got it :)

TLoU really feels like the good bits, the mature bits of various video games brought together and made into more than the sum of those parts. Most games manage decent graphics but couple it to a hackneyed plot, for instance. It makes me realise how forgiving we've been about other games' wonkiness over the years.
  • mcmothercruncher 30 Jun 2013 08:40:45 6,424 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Neil Druckmann on the DLC "it's a little side story that we think is going to add more to what you've experienced".

Ish!
  • dominalien 30 Jun 2013 08:40:48 6,821 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I can't get into this :-( it's exactly my kind of game, but I'm just not feeling anything. I'm up to the point where I'm looking for a battery or something for the car with the guy who looks like the guy from RERev and I'm not particularly keen on starting it up to persevere.

I'm playing Remember Me at the same time and while it's clearly the worse game, I'm just having more fun with it. Maybe I should put it aside for a bit and get back to it when I'm in the mood or something.

PSN: DonOsito

• King_Edward 30 Jun 2013 08:56:35 11,454 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    mcmothercruncher wrote:
    Neil Druckmann on the DLC "it's a little side story that we think is going to add more to what you've experienced".

Ish!
    :D I'd love that. I got as far as him escaping the tunnels, was there anymore to him?
  • DUFFMAN5 30 Jun 2013 09:07:56 14,380 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    mcmothercruncher wrote:

Ish!
    Please let it be a 6-10 hour "little side story" ;)

"Duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem! Oh, yeah!"

• mcmothercruncher 30 Jun 2013 09:27:22 6,424 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Escaped the tunnels, with some of the kids but the others were in there with Danny, under that blanket.... Presumably bereaved, like just about everyone in the world, i wonder if he sprayed the warning message by the door and then wondered off?

Yeah, let's hope they take 10 hours to tell us ;)
  • Ror1984 30 Jun 2013 14:07:04 2,810 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @mcmothercruncher I think it was Kyle that was in that room wasn't it? Then when you get out and find the note in his house about him taking his family there, that made it even worse. For me, anyway.

I did think that the sniper might be Ish at first, and felt bad that I'd probably have to off him.

Anyway, I haven't quite finished this yet (Henry's just, erm, 'said goodbye') - FFXIV beta has taken up most of my last two weekends.

FFXIV: ARR - Khroma Midgard, Odin.

• PrivateFloyd 30 Jun 2013 17:57:28 4,102 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Pesky real life got in the way over the weekend. Quite aptly I seem to be one of "the last of us" to actually finish this game!!

I'm still in "fall' so presume I have some way to go judging by others comments.

Roll on 8pm!

Goat is hungry.....

• SomaticSense 30 Jun 2013 18:00:28 7,919 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    mcmothercruncher wrote:
    Horace goes Skiing was the very first game I ever loaded up on my Speccy when I got it :)

TLoU really feels like the good bits, the mature bits of various video games brought together and made into more than the sum of those parts. Most games manage decent graphics but couple it to a hackneyed plot, for instance. It makes me realise how forgiving we've been about other games' wonkiness over the years.
    Same here.

In particular at times it felt a lot like a more emotionally resonant RDR, but without the OTT open world, and with all the tedious shit that game was guilty of completly cut out.
  • wogsy81 30 Jun 2013 19:55:20 717 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Just got back from town after picking this up. Man am i fucking pumped!

I've always been interested in this game but last night i spent a good 2-3 hours reading some metacritic reviews, reading the last of us topics here (except for the spoilery one obviously) and also read a good 15 pages of the neogaf thread. Yes, i was on neogaf.
    And i promised myself about 3 o'clock in the morning that fuck it, even though im a bit skint at the moment im gonna make a few sacrifices and buy it. And that i bloody did.

As soon as Top Gear finishes im gonna fire up this badboy. Oh my god, i can't wait.
    From what ive heard, about ellies interactions, the character dialogue, the amazing settings, the graphics, the tense gameplay and it basically being a downright gamechanger i could wait for it to come down in price no longer.
    I have it here in my hands and am about to hopefully embark on one of the greatest single player story based games there is.

Man am i fucking pumped.

sorry for the monologue there chaps but yeahh, im excited

On a side note: I remember reading a few pages back or so that this is sold out in a lot of places and i can confirm this.
    I first went to HMV, they had none, then i went to grainger games, they had none, i then just walked past cex obviously, i then went a few more doors down to GAME and they had just 2 left thank holy fuck. I thought i might have had to trek to a tesco or asda for a while there and i didn't fancy my chances there.
    But yeah, had a quick chat with the guy in game who served me. He completed it, said it was amazing etc etc and said it was "selling very very well".
    So, yay for Naughty dog.

Monologue over.

Man im pumped!
  • mcmothercruncher 30 Jun 2013 20:37:28 6,424 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    We're pumped that you're pumped!!!

It's a dry start, intentionally I think, but it builds and builds and builds. Turn the lights off and enjoy.
  • wogsy81 30 Jun 2013 20:58:24 717 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @mcmothercruncher Yeah, ive heard the second half of the game kicks the shit out of the first half of the game (even thopugh the first half of the game is pure awesomeness) And despite a slow 2-3 hour start it soon opens up. This is just my type of game. I love me a good slow burner atmospheric single player game. As much as i love my multiplayer games you only get emotional atmsoheric experiences like this on single player games in my humble opinion.
    Top Gear nearly finished and im just about to load it up. Hell yeahh.

And yeahh, the lights are going off, the tb's are going on and im gonna take it real slow and enjoy this game. i thought Uncharted 2 was amazing (completed it twice) so im sure ill be jizzing my pants with this.

Bring on them zombies clicker thingys. Im gonna spank the shit outta them.
  • Wolves1877 30 Jun 2013 21:05:53 385 posts
    Seen 4 weeks ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    I'm about to start it too.

• Folant 30 Jun 2013 21:07:20 1,161 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Yeah, you have fun with them clicker thingies. Right kinky bastards they are.

Enjoy it, it's a hell of a ride.

• Triggerhappytel 30 Jun 2013 21:16:22 2,667 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I'm at the university. Been a bit too tired to play the last couple of nights. Think I've done about 14ish hours, and it was telling me I was 70something percent complete when I last checked.
  • mcmothercruncher 30 Jun 2013 21:53:16 6,424 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Reckon you're on for a 19 hour play through Tel :)
  • Arrr9 30 Jun 2013 23:01:02 401 posts
    Seen 4 weeks ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Phew, just finished after trying to pace myself a bit but turns out it lasted a lot longer than I expected. Awesome is the word - fucking awesome ! So good all the way through with a little downturn about 2/3rds of the way through but that's only because the rest of the game is so good. Good luck wogsy81 and Wolves1877 - kind of jealous of the first time through now !
  • JiveHound 30 Jun 2013 23:09:51 2,320 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    Started this today too. Was going to wait until it got dark but with it being summer and all I knew by the time ten o'clock rolled round I'd be too tired.

Excellent opener, really affecting and the slow start didn't bother me as much as it does in other games mainly because the story and characters are so strong.

My only criticism so far is the AI companions getting in the way and/or making lots of erratic movements around clickers. Luckily they don't draw their attention but this breaks the illusion somewhat.

So far so good, looking forward to playing more of this over the next week.

Live: Jive Hands
    PSN: Jive_Hands

• King_Edward 1 Jul 2013 07:42:41 11,454 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    So apparently the European cuts that were rumoured before launch are related to multiplayer dismemberment.

http://www.pushsquare.com/news/2013/06/the_last_of_us_lacks_multiplayer_dismemberments_in_europe

Meh.
  • robc84 1 Jul 2013 09:54:54 5,270 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Working my way through this slowly! Just done the bit in the sewers with the stalkers and clickers. Man those stalkers are hard to stealth kill. Managed to take out 3 before alerting the entire room. when I look back I realised if I'd done it slightly different I probably could have taken another couple out before alerting. But I made my decision and it all went tits up. Thats whats great about the game though!

Had an awesome moment the other night. 3 guys grouped together to have a chat before heading off on patrol. So I did a quick upgrade of my melee weapon and threw in a smoke grenade. They had been battered to death before they knew what was happening. nice! I like how the game rewards quick thinking!
  • PeacockDreams 1 Jul 2013 10:04:25 202 posts
    Seen 9 months ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I'm about 60% in and enjoying every second but can someone tell me if smoke bombs are worth using? I haven't felt the need to use one yet. How do they work? Are the enemies stunned for a few seconds so you can murder them all up? Do they work on clickers/runners?
  • robc84 1 Jul 2013 10:07:31 5,270 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    @PeacockDreams I dont know about using them on infected but I think human enemies are stunned for a couple of seconds. I haven't really used them that often tbh.
  • jamievilla 1 Jul 2013 10:23:52 504 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @PeacockDreams non-infected don't shoot through smoke either so you can chuck one and then flank round them. Pretty sure Clickers are only attracted to the noise of the explosion and run over to it, as do the other infected (I do a good smoke bomb / molotov combo for extra funsies!)
  • HarryPalmer 1 Jul 2013 10:46:50 3,030 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I'm at about 90%, so I'll finish it tonight. It just gets better and better. The characterisation and acting is above most of what Hollywood churns out.

Haven't felt this way about characters in a game since Half Life 2.
  • IronGiant 1 Jul 2013 12:21:10 4,473 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Only had limited time to play this but came across the first clicker last night.. The missus was half watching and half reading the paper, she happened to watch when I got attacked and she almost jumped off the settee.. Priceless ;)

I love the sound and visuals, the characters just look right in that they have a real weight to them and presence especially during the cut scenes.

I really enjoyed The Walking Dead episodes but The Last Of Us is in a whole different league.
  • Derblington 1 Jul 2013 12:38:03 21,261 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    FINALLY get to start this tonight!
  • Page

of 84 First / Last