The Last of Us Page 63

• Page

of 84 First / Last

• Pinky_Floyd 26 Jun 2013 23:26:45 8,048 posts
    Seen 38 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @PrivateFloyd Slightly unnerving.  Ok, I'm freaked!
  • shamblemonkee 26 Jun 2013 23:51:37 14,491 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    there's a whole spoilery thread you know for people who have finished the game :D

http://www.eurogamer.net/forum/thread/252879?start=180

most of your questions answered in there
  • Triggerhappytel 27 Jun 2013 00:06:21 2,695 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Holy shit - I'm in the sewers and just found a note saying "We're trapped. I think everyone else is dead. Some of the little ones ones are here with me. I got infected pounding at the door. I don't know how long we'll hold out. If Ish and the others are alive, maybe they can reach us. If it comes down to it I'll make it quick. -Kyle." And there's a dead body with three kids' bodies under sheets next to him. Holy fuck. That nearly brought a tear to my eye. :*(

Edited by Triggerhappytel at 07:03:56 27-06-2013
  • X201 27 Jun 2013 05:13:06 15,587 posts
    Seen 17 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Yep, the Ish letters are amazing. Many have commented on them. They're certainly the first in a game to grab me.
  • steve1979 27 Jun 2013 07:05:41 2,005 posts
    Seen 45 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I want to know what happens to Ish. I think this maybe the first time I've ever wanted DLC.
  • mcmothercruncher 27 Jun 2013 09:05:01 7,238 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I'm sure I read a note that said they escaped, in one of the houses pre-sniper.
  • robc84 27 Jun 2013 09:17:27 5,805 posts
    Seen 27 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Just to go back to the combat, it's taken a while but is starting to click with me. Not so much with the infected, as they just run at you so its easy to get overwhelmed. But with the human enemies I'm actually quite liking the shooting mechanics. It is actually really satisfying to pull off head shots and the sound of the guns is spot on.

I still try to stealth kill as many as possible first though as ammo is quite scarce at times!

Still in Pittsburgh atm working my way towards the bridge. Only get on for about an hour a night by the time the wife and baby are in bed. So its usually just one or two encounters. It's good in a way as I don't know what to play when this is finished as I can't see what is out there that can compare right now!

I think I still have a fair way to go though.
  • steve1979 27 Jun 2013 09:45:34 2,005 posts
    Seen 45 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @mcmothercruncher I found that note too, but I want to know what happened after that. Where did they end up? I'd like to hear that story, I think.
  • steve1979 27 Jun 2013 09:48:36 2,005 posts
    Seen 45 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Currently at the University it was all going well, and then while searching the empty lab you hear something fall from a shelf and realise someone is in there with you. This game goes from mellow to tense in a heartbeat. It's very impressive. The bridge is another good section for getting your heart rate going.
  • mcmothercruncher 27 Jun 2013 12:29:02 7,238 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I'm guessing in a ditch ;)

It'd be cool to have a little DLC of their escape for sure- who knows, maybe that's what they're working on after putting that well thought out and described scenario into the game. The little kids under the blanket that had clearly been shot to save them from the hordes outside, ugh, very poignant, imagine making that choice :(

Just checked my 100% save time- 19 hours and 54 minutes. Anyone beat that? :p
  • PrivateFloyd 27 Jun 2013 12:50:54 4,182 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I don't think I have ever been dragged in by a game so fiercely before TLoU.

SPOILER I got to the part of the story where Sam gets infected and Henry offs himself last night. I won't lie, my eyes were a-glistening! The acting and the script is truly astounding. I felt his pain when he shot Sam and then drew the gun on himself. To be able to convey such emotion in a medium where we are used to such less is mind blowing.

I don't think I took a breath the whole time and all day I have just been so excited to crack on tonight. I fear I may have a gaming break once I have finished it.

Goat is hungry.....

• DUFFMAN5 27 Jun 2013 12:54:16 14,995 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    My name is Duffman...and I'm a recovering Lastofus-aholic ;)

I have been Last of us clean now for 8 days, I did manage 1 hour odd of Gears Of war last night...

:)

"Duffman the grey is thrusting in the direction of the problem! Oh, yeah!"

• Tomo 27 Jun 2013 12:57:08 13,946 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I started Stacking yesterday which is about as far removed from TLOU as you can get. Think I'm going to keep on going as it's pretty short I think.
  • King_Edward 27 Jun 2013 14:17:24 11,455 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Stacking is surprisingly long and, imo, tedious.
  • X201 27 Jun 2013 14:48:52 15,587 posts
    Seen 17 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Stacking is long, especially if you're trying to find all of the solutions.

Plus you'll spend about an hour just farting and belching on the NPCs just to see their reaction :)
  • Tomo 27 Jun 2013 15:00:16 13,946 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Oh. Hehe. Well, I'll persevere for a bit and see how I go :)
  • Deleted user 27 June 2013 15:05:38
    Don't know if there's a mp thread for it but do any eg fireflies fancy squaring off against some eg hunters. My clan they need wine!

and diapers for the dysentery

I'll message a few eg'ers on my list either or.
  • smoothpete 27 Jun 2013 15:06:21 31,581 posts
    Seen 48 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Stacking is a lovely little game. Worth seeing through to the end IMHO.
  • psychokitten Moderator 27 Jun 2013 15:09:51 7,794 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    WeakOrbit wrote:
    Don't know if there's a mp thread for it but do any eg fireflies fancy squaring off against some eg hunters. My clan they need wine!

and diapers for the dysentery

I'll message a few eg'ers on my list either or.
    http://www.eurogamer.net/forum/thread/253118

I didn't make it on last night, but I'll be up for a few games tonight.
  • X201 27 Jun 2013 16:07:30 15,587 posts
    Seen 17 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    "The Last of Us is home to many secrets, but we’d never have guessed that a pair of hidden sex-chat numbers would be among them. As it happens, a gamer found the numbers, called them and sure enough, was connected the risqué services. Naughty Dog has now apologised for the error."

“That was an artist’s mistake. What happened was, they put some phone numbers in the game and then they thought they could just change the area code to 555, then it’s invalid because it’s what they do in movies. But I guess that doesn’t work when you have a 1-800 in front of it. We’re now working to take it out. It was just an honest mistake.”

http://www.vg247.com/2013/06/27/the-last-of-us-naughty-dog-apologises-for-hidden-sex-chat-numbers/
  • Folant 27 Jun 2013 17:51:53 1,372 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Survivor mode is so much good.

Just sayin'

Posted from my Nexus 4, not using Tapatalk 4.

• Triggerhappytel 28 Jun 2013 00:59:30 2,695 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Shit, I just got out of the sewers, through the next town section and then had the cutscene in the radio tower where Sam turns and Henry kills himself. Fuck, man. Just... Fuck. The performances in this are just amazing, the dialogue is perfect, it feels so real, the actors' delivery is just about the best I've ever heard in a game or animated production of any kind, and the pacing is phenomenally good. I love how it's able to completely juxtapose intense and frightening periods of action with serene and charming moments of calm. Like when we got out of the sewers and then spent about 5 minutes checking through empty buildings for items to scavenge. Ellie and Sam even stopped to play darts and exchange a bit of banter which was a lovely welcome outlet after what had just happened. And I've grown really fond of Ellie; I like her dry humour and her dialogue feels spot-on for a feisty 14 year old, but edged with a feeling of sadness. I think the environment is fantastic too; it also feels very real and I like soaking up the atmosphere and seeing what story it tells me. I've become pretty emotional since becoming a dad, and a few bits in the sewers, such as the classroom made me well up a bit. There's just so much attention to the environment and so much detail and stories to be told just from the way things lie.

God, this is amazing. Easily the most immersion game I've played since Demon's Souls. If this does not sweep the videogame BAFTAs next year then it will be a farce.
  • JoeGBallad 28 Jun 2013 10:48:02 386 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Hello! Sorry if this is a a bit spammy, but we made a video about The Last of Us as part of a series about surviving the end of the world. My pal shaved his head for it and everything!

I, sadly, haven't had a chance to play The Last of Us yet. I'm going to buy either TLOU or Animal Crossing his weekend. Still haven't made up my mind yet!

Hope you enjoy the video, and sorry again for the shameless self-promotion. I've never been very good at it :(

If you aren't utterly disgusted by me please check out my videogames show at:

www.youtube.com/BitSocket

• Rhaegyr 28 Jun 2013 10:53:49 2,302 posts
    Seen 41 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Just got to 'Fall'.

Am I right in thinking you play all four seasons? Also, are the seasons of equal length or do they vary? Summer was quite long I thought and the last five hours have been brilliant. Really impressed with it now, needn't have worried about those slow first couple of hours.
  • kinky_mong 28 Jun 2013 10:56:39 10,466 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    You play through all seasons, but they aren't all the same length. That's all I'll say to not spoil anything.

All the eurogamers who actually play with each other on xbl rather than just post pseudointellectual pc handwringing bollocks on the forums, love the shit out of biggy.

• Deleted user 28 June 2013 11:04:19
    great game
  • steve1979 28 Jun 2013 11:51:03 2,005 posts
    Seen 45 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Just finished Winter. Wow, that was a fantastic chapter. David was a great villain and playing as Ellie was a nice change. The ending with Ellie killing David was really nice too, very emotional. I don't really know how they can top that.
  • HarryPalmer 28 Jun 2013 12:28:52 3,417 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Yeah just got to Fall at about 60% - 10 hours, done the bit in the hydro-electric plant.

Having to pace myself as unlike most games I have to wait until my house mate goes to bed, any kind of background noise or chat ruins this.

The section exploring the town, after the sewers was just brilliant. Such a well paced game, and the acting/writing is probably the best I've experienced in a game.
  • mcmothercruncher 28 Jun 2013 14:26:19 7,238 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    kinky_mong wrote:
    You play through all seasons, but they aren't all the same length. That's all I'll say to not spoil anything.
    Next years Summer is incredibly short (and brutal).

Joel and Ellie go to a place called "England" :(
  • King_Edward 28 Jun 2013 17:18:28 11,455 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Winter eh? Fucking hell!
  • Page

of 84 First / Last