The Last of Us Page 55

  • Page

    of 82 First / Last

  • DUFFMAN5 21 Jun 2013 12:31:28 13,814 posts
    Seen 38 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    neems wrote:
    I have Post 'The Last Of Us' Depression, none of my other games seem worth playing.

    Damn you Naughty Dog!
    I can agree with this. I have just sold my copy. I like, 99.9% of us thought it one of the greatest games ever, and I would dearly love to go through it again, just to spend more time with the characters, but alas my time with it has passed. I will still post about and reat about it all the time mind you ;)

    "Duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem! Oh, yeah!"

  • Mr_Sleep 21 Jun 2013 12:32:55 16,257 posts
    Seen 19 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    CharlieStCloud wrote:
    ... got Journey
    That's probably as good a game to follow TLoU with. It's a stunner.

    You are a factory of sadness.

  • chrisno21 21 Jun 2013 12:59:44 1,352 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I suck at this.

    Love the atmosphere and the tension is incredibly well delivered but, I suck at this.

    PSN/NNID: chrisno21
    twitter: @NumbersFox

  • CharlieStCloud 21 Jun 2013 13:00:05 4,677 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Mr_Sleep wrote:
    CharlieStCloud wrote:
    ... got Journey
    That's probably as good a game to follow TLoU with. It's a stunner.
    Oh!

    I hope to finish Kratos own 'little' journey as swiftly as I can.

    ... am loving the PlayStation 3.

    : )
  • Paulie_P 21 Jun 2013 13:57:17 395 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    What are the parts you gather for in the game? (The ones that look like cogs)
  • mikeck 21 Jun 2013 13:59:21 1,837 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    You use them to upgrade your weapons on workbenches dotted throughout the game.
  • Paulie_P 21 Jun 2013 14:09:53 395 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @mikeck thanks!
  • mikeck 21 Jun 2013 14:12:16 1,837 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    No worries.

    My advice, build the holsters first!

    ;)
  • imamazed 21 Jun 2013 14:17:26 5,455 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    It's amazing what Joel can do with a few cogs and some sticky tape
  • Mr_Sleep 21 Jun 2013 14:33:20 16,257 posts
    Seen 19 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    CharlieStCloud wrote:
    Mr_Sleep wrote:
    CharlieStCloud wrote:
    ... got Journey
    That's probably as good a game to follow TLoU with. It's a stunner.
    Oh!

    I hope to finish Kratos own 'little' journey as swiftly as I can.

    ... am loving the PlayStation 3.

    : )
    Journey can be finished in under 2 hrs so it's a good option.

    You are a factory of sadness.

  • robc84 21 Jun 2013 14:44:50 4,361 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Mr_Sleep wrote:
    CharlieStCloud wrote:
    Mr_Sleep wrote:
    CharlieStCloud wrote:
    ... got Journey
    That's probably as good a game to follow TLoU with. It's a stunner.
    Oh!

    I hope to finish Kratos own 'little' journey as swiftly as I can.

    ... am loving the PlayStation 3.

    : )
    Journey can be finished in under 2 hrs so it's a good option.
    Is Journey really that good? I've been tempted to buy for a while but have been reluctant to part with money as it seems really short.
  • Mr_Sleep 21 Jun 2013 14:49:13 16,257 posts
    Seen 19 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    robc84 wrote:
    Is Journey really that good? I've been tempted to buy for a while but have been reluctant to part with money as it seems really short.
    I think so, it's a bit game-as-art but if you like that sort of thing then have a go. It's one of the most uplifting games I have ever played.

    You are a factory of sadness.

  • Syrette 21 Jun 2013 14:50:20 41,864 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I enjoyed Journey but it certainly didn't grab me in the way it has many others.

    In my humble opinion, it's overrated, and far from a life-changing gaming experience.

    I'd give it 8/10 whereas The Last of Us is 10/10 all day long.

  • robc84 21 Jun 2013 15:04:03 4,361 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    I'm not sure its my kind of game, but I'd like to give it a go nonetheless.

    I'll probably play it at some point before I get a PS4 just so I didn't miss out!
  • mcmothercruncher 21 Jun 2013 16:30:50 5,727 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    To each his own, but Journey is in my all time PS3 top fives and, for me, it's special because, in very sharp contrast to a game like The Last of Us, it did so with such minimal set dressing. No dialogue, hardly any controls, very limited options and yet the game is as rich and engaging as anything else out there. The end sequence was as close to a religious experience as my shrivelled atheist heart will ever get. I'd really urge you to give it a go :)
  • robc84 21 Jun 2013 16:56:26 4,361 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    I'm sure I will give in at some point!

    Sorry for de-railing the thread somewhat...

    Looking forward to a couple of hours on TLOU tonight (only get to play once the wife and baby are asleep!)
  • kingnothing12 21 Jun 2013 17:46:11 519 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Just been driving around for over an hour trying to get a copy and finally I have it...thank you Tesco extra...up your's morrissons, toys'r'us...Asda...pc world/currys.
  • mcmothercruncher 21 Jun 2013 22:37:49 5,727 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Oh jesus that hotel basement / spores / evil feckers bit is amazing, so rich it felt like a real taste of next gen. You could taste the atmosphere is was so thick.

    Edited by mcmothercruncher at 22:38:04 21-06-2013
  • ecureuil 21 Jun 2013 23:24:43 76,023 posts
    Seen 52 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Yeah that was the standout moment of the whole game for me. The whole section was terrifying.
  • ltbobby 21 Jun 2013 23:41:55 300 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @Mr_Sleep
    Journey is the most over rated style over substance crap ive ever played. Its hardly a game just some stupid floaty shape moving from envitonment to environment. People just loved it because they jumped on the trendy bandwagon that it rode for a while.
    The Last if us is my all time favourite game though. It makes Uncharted look a bit cobbled together!
  • mcmothercruncher 21 Jun 2013 23:47:32 5,727 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    ltbobby wrote:
    People just loved it because they jumped on the trendy bandwagon that it rode for a while.
    You're dead to me. DEAD TO ME.
  • ltbobby 21 Jun 2013 23:57:07 300 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @mcmothercruncher
    Maybe i just didnt get it, but i went into Journey with an open mind and was really prepared to like it but it just didnt go anywhere. These kind of games are odd i think because they are all about personal interpretation of something quite abstract. This is why they are more Art than "game".... And yet if Journey is judged purely as just Art its still very shit!
  • Triggerhappytel 21 Jun 2013 23:57:21 2,664 posts
    Seen 42 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    mcmothercruncher wrote:
    To each his own, but Journey is in my all time PS3 top fives and, for me, it's special because, in very sharp contrast to a game like The Last of Us, it did so with such minimal set dressing. No dialogue, hardly any controls, very limited options and yet the game is as rich and engaging as anything else out there. The end sequence was as close to a religious experience as my shrivelled atheist heart will ever get. I'd really urge you to give it a go :)
    I can't summarise it better than this, so I'll just say I totally agree and Journey is easily one of my favourite games of the generation.



    As for TLoU, I must have done about 6 hours now - just got to the bit where they crashed the car (in Boston I think), which is the area from most gameplay demos they've shown. It's so, so good. It really reminded me of Resident Evil 2 when you're running around Bill's town. The item and resource management is spot-on because it gives a sense of depth and while there's a lot of shooting, it doesn't feel excessive or unnecessary. I really love the dialogue, I think Ellie is just a wonderful character. If BAFTAs are not given to this game it will be a fucking travesty.

    Edited by Triggerhappytel at 07:46:55 22-06-2013
  • X201 22 Jun 2013 06:34:33 14,698 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @Triggerhappytel Can you put some spoilers on the locations in your The Last of Us post please.

    We're blocking out all story points in this thread.

    Thanks
  • Trafford 22 Jun 2013 06:50:50 5,270 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I don't know, some of the outbursts from Ellie are starting to bug me. Especially when I'm in the stealth zone.
  • robc84 22 Jun 2013 07:13:21 4,361 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    @Triggerhappytel I'm at same bit as you. Think its pittsburgh. Really like the game but am struggling with shooting at times esp with infected. Usually as soon as I'm spotted I'm dead! Usually a bit of creative thinking with some bombs or molotovs gets me through! Those runners are seriously hard to stealth kill in my experience!
  • Triggerhappytel 22 Jun 2013 07:53:04 2,664 posts
    Seen 42 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @X201

    Done, sorry pal.
  • Mr_Sleep 22 Jun 2013 08:52:57 16,257 posts
    Seen 19 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    robc84 wrote:
    @Triggerhappytel I'm at same bit as you. Think its pittsburgh. Really like the game but am struggling with shooting at times esp with infected. Usually as soon as I'm spotted I'm dead! Usually a bit of creative thinking with some bombs or molotovs gets me through! Those runners are seriously hard to stealth kill in my experience!
    Make sure to upgrade the weapon sway skill, it really improved my shooting. Don't forget about being able to throw bricks/bottles to stun things, that's also very useful sometimes. Although I always panicked and seemed unable to use the d-pad at the appropriate moment!

    You are a factory of sadness.

  • X201 22 Jun 2013 08:54:37 14,698 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @Triggerhappytel

    Cheers. Its just for the new users. So that they get the same experience as us.
  • PrivateFloyd 22 Jun 2013 08:55:26 4,007 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Loving this, pretty much echoing everyone else's comments.

    One thing though. Is it bugging everyone else how much Ellie (or other NPC's) clip into Joel?

    Goat is hungry.....

  • Page

    of 82 First / Last

Log in or register to reply