The Last of Us Page 54

• Page

of 84 First / Last

• daft 20 Jun 2013 20:53:39 554 posts
    Seen 3 months ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Oh my world, I just went through the hotell basement level. My heart was pounding at the end! Intense stuff.
  • AaronTurner 20 Jun 2013 21:01:12 7,886 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Really enjoying the multiplayer but can someone tell me how I win supplies and is there actually a reason not to spend the salvage you have in the game?
  • Frogofdoom 20 Jun 2013 21:02:32 1,088 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    daft wrote:
    Oh my world, I just went through the hotell basement level. My heart was pounding at the end! Intense stuff.
    yeah that was some tense stuff :)
  • X201 20 Jun 2013 21:09:12 15,755 posts
    Seen 23 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I managed to sneak past a Bloater in the University \o/
  • Humperfunk 20 Jun 2013 21:19:48 2,503 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    X201 wrote:
    I managed to sneak past a Bloater in the University \o/
    Me too, although I almost fucked it up totally and ended up having a frantic shorty and shotgun battle with all the clickers so it was just me and him left, managed to hide before he found me!

PSN, XBL & NNID: Wedjwants

• Jeepers 20 Jun 2013 22:08:18 13,316 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    ecureuil wrote:
    SFD wrote:
    In my defence I did encounter a problem where Joel fell through a wall and died a good 7-8 times, because it kept restarting me in the same part of the level that I fell through. Luckily 'restart encounter' fixed it, even if I did lose 20 mins of sneaking around.

So lets just call it, 86.

Is new game+ more difficult?
    No, it's easier. New game+ is the same as before (same difficulty level), but all your upgrades carry over. You still can't use the guns until you find them in the story, but when you get them, they're upgraded to the point where you left them in your first playthrough. Also your drug upgrades carry over too. It's also easier due to cumulative knowledge of your first playthrough.
    You can (I think) up the difficulty during the first run thro'. Can you do that in ng+?
  • richardiox 20 Jun 2013 22:09:13 5,739 posts
    Seen 22 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    The initial load time on this game is insanely long, I've even seen the % indicator going down!

On the flipside once you're in there's no other loading screens which really helps the immersion.
  • kinky_mong 20 Jun 2013 22:39:13 10,870 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    ...and done. Brilliant game. Away to the spoilers thread I go!

All the eurogamers who actually play with each other on xbl rather than just post pseudointellectual pc handwringing bollocks on the forums, love the shit out of biggy.

• Armoured_Bear 20 Jun 2013 22:53:19 11,933 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    3 or 4 hours in and this is blowing my mind.
    What an incredible, classy game.
    From the title screen music to everything I've encountered so far it has been really quite perfect.

XBL : ecosse011172
    PSN : ecosse_011172
    NNID : armoured_bear

• mothercruncher 20 Jun 2013 23:05:15 7,880 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    AaronTurner wrote:
    Really enjoying the multiplayer but can someone tell me how I win supplies and is there actually a reason not to spend the salvage you have in the game?
    Occasionally you'll find them in the boxes you open, open those boxes! Mostly you'll get them by murderising people and picking them up off of their bodies though.

There must be a law somewhere, maybe as yet unwritten, that states that when you need to kill a certain number of people for a Last Of Us raid, you'll A. play like shit and B. be paired up with others who never pick up supplies and craft stuff and just run off to the four corners of the map and go Rambo. It was a car crash tonight, lost 60% of my survivors :cry:
  • mothercruncher 20 Jun 2013 23:06:10 7,880 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Oh, and spending the supplies doesn't matter, your overall total gathered is what dictates what food you give and progress you make.
  • FuzzyDuck 21 Jun 2013 02:05:43 4,954 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I am clearly an idiot as I cannot find (near-endgame spoiler here, peeps) a way to go up a few floors in the hospital to rescue Ellie .
  • DUFFMAN5 21 Jun 2013 05:43:20 15,422 posts
    Seen 16 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    @FuzzyDuck

I have sent you a PM mate, info you want but NO Spoilers for you :)

"Duffman the grey is thrusting in the direction of the problem! Oh, yeah!"

• FuzzyDuck 21 Jun 2013 07:30:56 4,954 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @DUFFMAN5

Nice one Duffman! I found it after I stopped my grumbling and knuckled into it :D

That ending... to the spoilers thread I go!

Just had my population in multiplayer cut from 39 to 11 :(
  • mothercruncher 21 Jun 2013 08:04:41 7,880 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Hmm, I might get to week 10, 12 and on, but I can't see me getting 80+ survivors- I'm not enough of a multiplayer machine.
  • Trafford 21 Jun 2013 08:22:47 5,975 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Ah the weekend is nearly here.
    I left this game at 45% on Monday, so will be ploughing on tonight.
  • PeacockDreams 21 Jun 2013 08:56:44 202 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    What's this? Ahh, a rare day off on a Friday. Just gonna have to play TLOU all day aren't I? :)
  • Gold1877 21 Jun 2013 09:36:25 463 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    I am off to Game to buy a PS3 & TLOU, I have caved.

PSN - Gold1877

Xbox live - Gold1877

• Humperfunk 21 Jun 2013 09:43:53 2,503 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Good man!

• Sharzam 21 Jun 2013 09:56:59 3,365 posts
    Seen 11 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Played the multiplayer last night with some EG peeps. Actually surprising it is fun and the crafting and stealth elements have moved over well.

Although the upgrade system is of the 'strong get stronger' type which can lead to some unbalanced moments.

Not special but a decent solid multiplayer then.

Edited by Sharzam at 09:59:38 21-06-2013

Known as 'Sharzam' in 98.5% of games

• Deleted user 21 June 2013 10:27:24
    I'm not sure what people expect when they say it's slow. The beauty is in how well the game is crafted and most of all; the interaction between characters. It's by far the best in any video game thanks to the natural script and voice acting.

The first section gave me the same rich feeling for the world that I've not had since HL2, or to a lesser extent, first stepping out into Skyrim.

Last night I got up to meeting Bill. Again the interaction between the characters is simply sublime. Just before meeting him when going through that town, there's a house you can explore and ramped up the tension so quickly that I felt the same tension I felt when playing Silent Hill 2.

I've never felt the need to gush about how good a game is before. I plan on getting through the menial task of grouting my shower tomorrow as quickly as possible before spending as much time on this as possible.

Edited by feeg86 at 10:35:59 21-06-2013
  • neems 21 Jun 2013 10:36:46 1,472 posts
    Seen 14 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I have Post 'The Last Of Us' Depression, none of my other games seem worth playing.

Damn you Naughty Dog!
  • mikeck 21 Jun 2013 10:52:12 1,936 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Had some great games of multiplayer last night - including a very memorable stand-off with a guy on Bill's Town map, where they were trying to get up some stairs and I was pinning them back, only for them to start damaging me through the stairs with a flamethrower.

Totally shocked me (in fact I did scream like a girl to my team what was going on) as I didn't realise it was useable on MP.

Good times :)
  • Humperfunk 21 Jun 2013 11:55:10 2,503 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    neems wrote:
    I have Post 'The Last Of Us' Depression, none of my other games seem worth playing.

Damn you Naughty Dog!
    Yep, I have this. I've posted in two other threads already but might as well stick it here as well, playing ACIII now and it's just not up to this at all.

Fortunately, Animal Crossing is awesome.

Completely different games obviously, couldn't be further apart, but last weekend with TLoU and Animal Crossing has been one of the best gaming weekends I've ever had :)

• Deleted user 21 June 2013 11:57:16
    Humperfunk wrote:
    neems wrote:

Damn you Naughty Dog!
    Yep, I have this. I've posted in two other threads already but might as well stick it here as well, playing ACIII now and it's just not up to this at all.

Fortunately, Animal Crossing is awesome.

Completely different games obviously, couldn't be further apart, but last weekend with TLoU and Animal Crossing has been one of the best gaming weekends I've ever had :)
    Third. Playing Far Cry 3. and feeling the same. Just bored by it.
  • imamazed 21 Jun 2013 11:57:59 5,964 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I've actually gone straight from TLOU to Uncharted 2.

Such a different game, really enjoy it for other reason, but my my, naughty dog have come a long way
  • psychokitten Moderator 21 Jun 2013 12:24:26 7,794 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I have Far Cry 3 sitting beside my telly as well and the thought of playing it after this, just.... meh
  • imamazed 21 Jun 2013 12:26:16 5,964 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Far Cry 3 is brilliant, if that helps
  • kinky_mong 21 Jun 2013 12:28:55 10,870 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Far Cry 3 is brilliant, but it is very bloated in terms of features so playing it straight after TLOU won't do it any favours.

The bow and arrow does actually work properly in Far Cry 3 though *grumble*

All the eurogamers who actually play with each other on xbl rather than just post pseudointellectual pc handwringing bollocks on the forums, love the shit out of biggy.

• CharlieStCloud 21 Jun 2013 12:30:02 5,530 posts
    Seen 7 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Funnily enough, I am thoroughly enjoying the newest God of War game, which shares similar exceedingly high production values as The Last of Us does so, I kind of don't have a problem really!

... got Journey and Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time patiently waiting to be played afterwards too.

There is something about Sony and their first party games seeing as the quality is often ridiculously good.
  • Page

of 84 First / Last