The Last of Us

• Page

of 82 First / Last

Previous
  • Flying_Pig 11 Dec 2011 09:05:33 10,302 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Officially announced at the Spike VGA - The Last of Us is a new IP from the brilliant Naughty Dog.

Looking like a zombie apocolypse surivial horror/action adventure game

From the website:
    "The Last of Us is a genre-defining experience that blends survival and action elements to tell a character driven tale about a modern plague decimating mankind. Nature encroaches upon civilization, forcing remaining survivors to kill for food, weapons and whatever they can find. Joel, a ruthless survivor, and Ellie, a brave young teenage girl who is wise beyond her years, must work together to survive their journey across what remains of the United States."
    EG News Story

Announcement Trailer
  • mrpon 11 Dec 2011 09:13:21 27,662 posts
    Seen 16 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Eurgh, Z word.

Give yourself 5 or gig, you're worth it.

• dominalien 11 Dec 2011 09:30:44 6,744 posts
    Seen 46 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Hm, possibly. Let's keep a positive outlook, shall we? :)

PSN: DonOsito

• SuperBas 11 Dec 2011 09:37:49 1,437 posts
    Seen 30 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I was hoping for anything but zombies.
  • UncleLou Moderator 11 Dec 2011 09:46:04 35,174 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Well yeah, but at least it lets them create humanoid enemies without turning a game into a military game, atmospherically. And they don't seem to be of the brainless, arms-stretched-out, shuffling feet kind.

I hope it really is some kind of open-world survival game which the description hints at rather than a linear shooter, though. Character setup looks interesting enough, with a dose of The Road and 28 days later.
  • JBlokeUK 11 Dec 2011 09:47:40 2,309 posts
    Seen 8 months ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Great to see a new IP as most games these days are just sequels.

I like it when he's angry.

• PhoenixFlames 11 Dec 2011 10:17:05 8,782 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Sounds good. Looking forward to it.

I drive an automatic 'cause I'm too cool to change gears.

PSN - phoenix1flames

• morriss 11 Dec 2011 10:21:52 70,764 posts
    Seen 38 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    dominalien wrote:
    Why?
  • the_dudefather 11 Dec 2011 10:34:10 8,986 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I don't mind zombies that much, but when both new IPs revealed last night are zombie survival games, lit's a little disappointing

I'm expecting that they'll add zombies to the school map in the upcoming Tony Hawk HD collection

(ง ͠ ͟ʖ ͡)

• Syrette 11 Dec 2011 10:36:05 41,922 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Looks decent.

The premise is, and I hate to this use this term... 'meh'.

No gameplay so I can't judge it too much but I'm not really excited for it at all based on that trailer. Seen it all before.

• CharlieStCloud 11 Dec 2011 10:45:06 4,700 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    morriss wrote:
    dominalien wrote:
    Why?
    Because the Uncharted series is amongst some of the very best games of this generation...?
  • Deleted user 11 December 2011 10:45:59
    Billy_Sastard wrote:
    What I posted in the pelicans thread.
    lols
  • quadfather 11 Dec 2011 10:51:45 10,567 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    What's with all the zombie hate? It's the same on the lastofus trailer page. I'm still loving all the zombie games out at the moment. And if anyone can make a decent zombie game, nd can.

psn quaddy456, Dark Souls tips

• MrTomFTW Moderator 11 Dec 2011 11:00:25 36,320 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Is that supposed to be Nathan Drake's older brother? Sure looks like it.

I totally called it.
    Follow me on Twitter: @MrTom
    Voted by the community "Best mod" 2011, 2012 and 2013.

• Cappy 11 Dec 2011 11:18:14 11,707 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I'm not sure why people keep on fixating on the fact that games have zombies recently. Especially when it's an exclusive for a platform that doesn't really have many decent exclusive games of this type.

You can count count Siren but that was released years ago, everything else is multiplatform and a port from the PC or 360 and they've all been action/shooting games.

If it actually is slanted towards survival that makes two games of this type in the entire PS3 catalogue, is that really too much?
  • Syrette 11 Dec 2011 11:20:05 41,922 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Dead Risings, Dead Nation, Fallouts, Siren, Enslaved, The Last of Us, Rage, Resident Evils - that's at least 7 zombie/post-apocalypse games.

Edited by Syrette at 11:20:50 11-12-2011

• Syrette 11 Dec 2011 11:22:35 41,922 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    quadfather wrote:
    What's with all the zombie hate? It's the same on the lastofus trailer page. I'm still loving all the zombie games out at the moment. And if anyone can make a decent zombie game, nd can.
    There is so little that you can do with that sort of enemy type, and the plots are generally so predictable.

I don't understand the fascination with zombies.

• Wayne 11 Dec 2011 11:22:38 2,142 posts
    Seen 58 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Genre-defining?

Nah.
  • Derblington 11 Dec 2011 11:26:12 20,983 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Need For Speed, Shift, Gran Turismo, Twisted Metal, Burnout, Dirt, Wipeout - that's 7 racing games. There are too many racing games! I don't want any more games with racing.

There's so little you can do with that opposition type - they just drive fast on tracks. Dull.

Edited by Derblington at 11:29:05 11-12-2011
  • Derblington 11 Dec 2011 11:27:59 20,983 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Billy_Sastard wrote:
    Not forgetting the dire add ons that take away from the original game such as Red Dead, Call of Duty, Borderlands etc.
    you're on crack. None of those "take away" anything from the original releases - they're all optional play experiences that don't alter the base in any way shape or form. Not to mention that the Red Dead and Borderlands add-ons were great.
  • HisDudness 11 Dec 2011 11:29:12 923 posts
    Seen 21 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Pfffft. Another video game-type entertainment experience? Boring... Wake me up when Naughty Dog revolutionize how I spend my leisure time.
  • Deleted user 11 December 2011 11:34:57
    If ND spend the entire PR campaign talking about how emotional thier story is then I'll know the gameplay is shit. After playing the likes of Dark Souls, Skyrim, or Portal I find games that focus on the story to be boring.
  • quadfather 11 Dec 2011 11:36:10 10,567 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Syrette wrote:
    quadfather wrote:
    There is so little that you can do with that sort of enemy type, and the plots are generally so predictable.

I don't understand the fascination with zombies.
    I guess I just love the zombie 'thing' - films/games/books, the lot. I had to painfully wait until the industry had milked the ww2 experience to death, and I guess I'm just loving the current zombie phase.

psn quaddy456, Dark Souls tips

• Deleted user 11 December 2011 11:38:23
    You can make a great game with zombies, I'd like them to use the original Silent Hills or Resi Evil's as inspiration. Make it an actual horror game.
  • Syrette 11 Dec 2011 11:40:05 41,922 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Derblington wrote:
    Need For Speed, Shift, Gran Turismo, Twisted Metal, Burnout, Dirt, Wipeout - that's 7 racing games. There are too many racing games! I don't want any more games with racing.

There's so little you can do with that opposition type - they just drive fast on tracks. Dull.
    I think you've missed what some people have been getting at. Not to mention that list of titles was really just a neutral. slightly unrelated reply to Cappy's comment.

I generally find zombies to be boring and post-apocalyptic themes to be unoriginal and not that exciting. Doesn't make them bad games at all, and if a title is top quality then it'll surpass any feelings I have towards the general premise.

I like racing games. A lot of people like zombie games. Good for them and good for me. It's all subjective.

Edited by Syrette at 11:41:41 11-12-2011

• Page

of 82 First / Last

Previous