Next
  • marc_si 7 Apr 2012 00:03:09 313 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    LOL :D
  • geeza2020 11 May 2012 13:52:05 1,885 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I bought this on Android recently and after getting Brighton (hey fellow Brighton fans!) into the premier league after a tough playoff against Hull, I'm now getting absolutely demolished by every team I play in the EPL and I dont really know why.

My reward for getting promotion from the board was a measly 1.9 mill transfer budget, which is now all gone on a DM, and a new GK. I've bought in Ryan Nelsen (ex Blackburn and NZ) and Sol Campbell on free transfers to bolster a leaky defence, and also signed Hernan Crespo on a free to help Mackail-Smith upfront (yes I know they are all very old, but I had no choice! NO MONEY). In the previous season I had already improved the wings by deploying Vicente succesfully on the left without him breaking his legs at any point, and another free signing, the Spanish player Gabri on the right. Now, Gabri got the highest average rating in the Championship in the first season, and Vicente the highest number of assists, so you would think they would be at least competent in the EPL. BUT no, I have failed to score in 5 games, failed to win since the first match of the season and am currently 19th in the league after 10 games. I have no idea what I'm doing wrong. It just seems the game has decided that as the play-off winning promotion side, we're going back down no matter what players or system I use. Any tips would be great, as I'm about to give up.

/pissed off
  • Futaba 11 May 2012 13:55:26 3,464 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Use Stoke's tactics until you can get better players?

As far back as I can remember I always wanted to be a ninja.

• geeza2020 11 May 2012 14:03:06 1,885 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Yeah but they have the player that scored 'teh bestest goal evarrr' (according to colin wankface murray) in Peter Crouch. I only have Mackail-Smith. And is there an option to set to 'hoof it up the pitch constantly?'
  • Futaba 11 May 2012 14:06:11 3,464 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Not sure on Android but on PC I'm pretty sure there's a slider bar which is Short Passing - Long Balls, or something to that effect. I'd also recommend making Mackail-Smith/Crespo a target man to go along with it.

As far back as I can remember I always wanted to be a ninja.

• marc_si 11 May 2012 15:17:21 313 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    For 'Hoof it' - like Futaba said go long ball, also consider putting 'counter attacking' on to encourage your team to bunker and spring forward ....

Finally make sure you keep half an eye on the player roles if you're punching out of your depth - setting them can help give you a bit of an edge, in the position you're in make sure your central defenders are set to 'Limited Defenders' that'll stop them trying to play out from the back and encourage them to lump it forward, similarly play around with the midfielder roles to make them more combative etc.
  • marc_si 11 May 2012 15:18:58 313 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    btw also remember that there is a motivational setting in training, if your team is struggling (especially young strikers up front?) then up this somewhat to try and help them keep faith in themselves ... the last thing you need is a striker afraid to shoot ...
  • marc_si 11 May 2012 15:19:28 313 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Oh and finally as a 'fellow Brighton fan' - Hello :D
  • geeza2020 11 May 2012 15:39:39 1,885 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    thanks guys, i will try those tips out - I was already aware of the motivational talk option, I just hadnt realised it was that important. Also, I'm not sure if its just the Android version, but I'm struggling to find a lot of the more tactical options you mention. It seems you are only able to choose the formation you want to play and then choose an attacking or defensive 'style'. A bit limited maybe?
  • geeza2020 11 May 2012 17:55:57 1,885 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Oh well, none of it worked and i got sacked. Off my phone you go.
  • frugtkompot 14 May 2012 15:43:41 2,819 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Have it occurred to you that your team might just not be good enough?
  • marc_si 17 May 2012 04:58:14 313 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    It seems you are only able to choose the formation you want to play and then choose an attacking or defensive 'style'.
    There are lots of different tactical options the pitch display on the squad page is just there to allow you to visualise team selections really, although you can obviously switch formations around from there as well.

If you look within the tactics area itself there is a fairly easy to use but extensive array of tactics available - it defaults to the 'team tactics' options where you can set the style of play for the team as a whole (ie. passing style, mentality, tackling approach etc.) but if you use the 'links button' (far right of the bottom menu bar) then you can move to one of a number of other tactical areas such as 'player roles' which allow you more flexibility in configuring what individual players are expected to do etc.

The idea is to allow you to do as much or as little complexity as you want tactically while playing ... the defaults are sane (generally speaking) - but you can often get a little extra out of things by tinkering with individual settings.

Edited by marc_si at 04:58:46 17-05-2012
  • marc_si 1 Aug 2012 22:59:31 313 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Just to let people know - the final update to FMH2012 is now out for iOS, this includes two new challenges.

#3.5 - iOS Update 4
    Added no interest news when offering players to club
    Improve movement of withdrawn strikers
    Tweak defensive positioning against narrow formations
    Stop players moaning for a new contract if they've only just joined club
    Tune contract requests at clubs with a sugar daddy
    Tuning of free agent transfers
    Fix rare pass count wrap display issue if player made over 128 passes in a match
    Welsh Manager Performance Award Fix
    Port Vale points deduction
    Fix rare issue in European comps if a minor club wins major competition
    Fix for JPT issue if a Conference club is promoted & qualifies for Europe
    Minor text fixes (grammar and translations)
    Improve the manner in which players react to bankruptcy
    Fix very rare corruption of player history in long term saves
    Fixed text error in match commentary (player tackling himself)
  • lucky_jim 2 Aug 2012 07:04:02 5,260 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Please don't release FMH2013 until after Brighton have bought our new midfielder and/ or striker! ;-P
  • superdelphinus 2 Aug 2012 08:36:51 8,035 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I really want them to improve the actual match experience for the next one, so it's at least a bit more like the desktop one
  • binky Moderator 2 Aug 2012 08:53:43 9,466 posts
    Seen 25 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Will there be cloud saves on the new game (are there cloud saves in the old game now?) If so, insta buy.
  • marc_si 10 Aug 2012 14:49:57 313 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    binky wrote:
    Will there be cloud saves on the new game (are there cloud saves in the old game now?) If so, insta buy.
    Cloud saving isn't integrated into the game yet I'm afraid (our saves are quite large at 3-4mb and so its not something I'm rushing into ...).
  • marc_si 10 Aug 2012 14:51:03 313 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    superdelphinus wrote:
    I really want them to improve the actual match experience for the next one, so it's at least a bit more like the desktop one
    If you mean a 3d view - I'm afraid thats going to be a while coming (if we put the current PC match engine onto todays handheld devices you'd be looking at a minimum of 30 seconods delay just to enter the match and thats on the LATEST handheld units, older ones I'd hate to imagine).
  • lucky_jim 28 Aug 2012 09:01:34 5,260 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    @marc_si Any idea when we can expect the new version? I'm itching to try out Bridge and Bruno at full-back!
  • marc_si 2 Sep 2012 04:09:19 313 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I can't give out an exact release date yet I'm afraid (the PR people are watching me ... and they've got clubs ;) ) ....

But it'll be out before christmas and its shaping up nicely, expect a few surprises :D
  • lucky_jim 2 Sep 2012 09:13:13 5,260 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Looking forward to it, especially with Brighton's deadline-day shenanigans. Someone posted up a possible 4-4-2 formation on NSC including our new signings which I can't wait to try (I've usually gone with 4-5-1 or 4-3-3 to make better use of our wingers in recent years).
  • superdelphinus 2 Sep 2012 09:22:26 8,035 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @marc_si hi. No I don't mean the 3d engine, I mean so that what happens on the pitch looks a little more realistic. Like the ball moving properly and not just slowly going straight along the pitch until it goes in the net or not. It's the only bit of the game I don't like
  • marc_si 3 Sep 2012 23:43:28 313 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    The 2d engine will be improved for FMH2013 - I can't promise it'll be 'perfect' simply because the time I have to work on it is somewhat limited (bear in mind myself and Rich do all the development work on FMH whereas the PC crew have several full time staff dedicated just to the match engine) ... but it'll be as close along to it as I can get it within the time constraints and my unfortunate need to sleep sporadically ;)
  • Rens11 6 Sep 2012 17:04:36 1,389 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    any news of a vita version marc?

Dont kid yourself, Jimmy. If a cow ever got the chance, hed eat you and everyone you care about!

• marc_si 7 Sep 2012 16:20:00 313 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @Rens11 No dedicated Vita version in the pipeline at present, sorry.
  • Afiddes 7 Sep 2012 16:22:40 1,164 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    :(. Boooooooooo football manager on the vita would be awesome

3DS: 5198 2465 6450

• Rens11 7 Sep 2012 17:59:55 1,389 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @marc_si

cheers for your reply marc shame there's not one on the way let's hope there's one next year even if it's just a port of the iphone game it would still be tops :D

Dont kid yourself, Jimmy. If a cow ever got the chance, hed eat you and everyone you care about!

• alexc7496 31 Oct 2012 10:56:48 1,777 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Do people think this is worth picking up now for 3 with the 2013 version about a month away?
  • marc_si 6 Nov 2012 18:16:27 313 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    alexc7496 wrote:
    Do people think this is worth picking up now for 3 with the 2013 version about a month away?
    Entirely up to each person to decide really - how much do you think you'll play it in that time, divide 3 by that number of hours and decide if you think its good value for money if not spend the month on something else ...
  • Page

of 4 First / Last

Next