Racist Tram Lady Page 28

• Page

of 30 First / Last

• RedSparrows 23 Apr 2013 21:27:13 22,880 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    To be fair, nobody in here is looking good.
  • RyanDS 23 Apr 2013 21:33:27 9,430 posts
    Seen 20 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Goodfella wrote:
    In your fucked up opinion.
    Are you seriously arguing that choice of words does not reflect bias?

Compare the following...

Floods of immigrants.
    Hordes of immigrants.
    Influx of immigrants.

No difference?

Personally I know my biases come through via my choice of words. I am not saying using the word flooding makes you a racist, I am just saying that using the word creates a bias in the sentence against immigration.
  • mcmothercruncher 24 Apr 2013 21:39:06 7,094 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Some of those immigrants aren't unskilled Graveland and start businesses and create jobs. It isn't quite as black and white as your scenario above.
  • Ziz0u 5 Jun 2013 14:51:49 8,392 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Emma West, Mother Admits Shouting Racist Abuse On Tram & Stabbing Partner Ricky Metson In Separate Incident
  • S.J.Rogers 5 Jun 2013 15:03:51 3,557 posts
    Seen 11 months ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    ZizouFC wrote:
    Emma West, Mother Admits Shouting Racist Abuse On Tram & Stabbing Partner Ricky Metson In Separate Incident
    Scum..!
  • Edwannawonga 5 Jun 2013 15:14:27 330 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Haha the comments section is ridiculous with some posters praising her for speaking out her mind. Those posters seem to be forgetting she's also a knife-wielding maniac.
  • Ziz0u 5 Jun 2013 15:16:26 8,392 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago

HUFFPOST SUPER USER
    lee-westbrook
    It's not what you know, It's who you know!
    37 Fans
    16 minutes ago (14:57)
    Good old H.P. Removing non abusive posts again. What's new?! Oh silly me, I forgot, Only white people are nicked! Radical "clerics" can do whatever they want to and get away with it!
    Permalink | Share it

lizgauge
    3 Fans
    8 minutes ago (15:06)
    Whenever the namby pambies at HP take down one of my posts, I just go to the Daily Mail site and put it on there. Then more people read it anyway.
    Permalink | Share it
    photo

HUFFPOST SUPER USER
    lee-westbrook
    It's not what you know, It's who you know!
    37 Fans
    3 minutes ago (15:11)
    I'm sure that's true Liz. H.P. really are unbelievable a lot of the time. Yet they can F away in a story, however, if I or anyone else did that, which I wouldn't anyway. It wouldn't even be shown!
  • Moot_Point 5 Jun 2013 15:31:39 4,150 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    The term 'Racism' makes no sense to me to be honest. We are all part of the human race, No?

================================================================================

mowgli wrote: I thought the 1 married the .2 and founded Islam?

• Deckard1 5 Jun 2013 15:33:07 28,240 posts
    Seen 15 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Thats very enlightened of you, but there are different races of humans.
  • opalw00t 5 Jun 2013 15:34:15 11,140 posts
    Seen 11 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    NEVER READ THE COMMENTS

HAVE YOU LEARNED NOTHING

NEVER

The day charity died - NEVER FORGET

(the mic was OK in the end)

• Edwannawonga 5 Jun 2013 15:45:46 330 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Reading the comments is just morbid curiosity taking over.
  • FWB 5 Jun 2013 15:56:28 44,656 posts
    Seen 44 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    "You ain't English. No, you ain't English either. You ain't English. None of you's fucking English.
    My beautiful language! Completely raped. My foreign students don't lower it to that level.
  • Megapocalypse 5 Jun 2013 15:59:53 5,443 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Metson is standing by West after her attack on him, and was with her at court on Monday.
    That's true love that is.
  • Edwannawonga 5 Jun 2013 16:01:06 330 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    If there's one thing that a racist bigot is missing, apart from higher cognitive ability, is eloquence.
  • Moot_Point 7 Jun 2013 15:32:10 4,150 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Deckard1 wrote:
    Thats very enlightened of you, but there are different races of humans.
    No, there are different creeds of man.

================================================================================

• nickthegun 7 Jun 2013 15:35:34 60,118 posts
    Seen 19 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    What we need is a great big melting pot. Big enough for the world and all its got. We could stir it for a 100 years or more and churn out coffee coloured people by the score.

---------------------------------------------------------
    someone say something funny

• Moot_Point 7 Jun 2013 15:40:10 4,150 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    @nickthegun Creedist! ;P

• X201 2 Jul 2013 11:50:54 15,511 posts
    Seen 46 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    A woman who was filmed shouting racist abuse on a London tram in a video watched by 11 million people has been given a community sentence.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-23128956
  • Mr_Sleep 2 Jul 2013 12:11:08 17,095 posts
    Seen 43 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    It was the alcohol and drugs which did it guv'nor. Ims innocent yessir.

You are a factory of sadness.

• Youthist 2 Jul 2013 12:14:17 10,021 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    She doesn't harbour any racist views?

Ok then.

Think of how stupid the average person is, and realise half of them are stupider than that

• bitch_tits_zero_nine 2 Jul 2013 12:18:08 6,652 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    "David Martin-Sperry, defending West, said the defendant's offending was out of character, she was taking anti-depressants and she does not harbour any racist views."

:D

crackernol
  • MrDigital 2 Jul 2013 12:29:22 1,866 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Graveland wrote:
    This is becoming an emotive issue, rather than one based on logic.

My reasoning is simply this: We've got around 3 million unemployed (depending on your source of information, but they don't differ much). Why do we need several million more people to come into the country to compete for jobs against the 3 million unemployed British nationals? I honestly cannot see the justification for it.

Can someone please explain to me how allowing hundreds of thousands of unskilled immigrants to come into the country on an annual basis, to compete for jobs, houses, school placements etc benefits those who are out of work and looking for employment?
    I realise this is an old post but it didn't really get much attention when you posted it.

A couple of points related to your post.

Yeah, we do get hundreds of thousands of immigrants per year, but usually emigration numbers stand at around over 3/4 of that immigration number, so in 2008 for example when about 590,000 came into the UK, 410,000 left the UK, so you only have net immigration of about 180,000, which considering we are a population of nearly 65 million, it doesn't make much of an impression.

Also, a lot of those immigrants are skilled ones, so although I agree on a very superficial level the whole "We have unemployed, people stay out!" argument has some logical base, in practice it doesn't apply when even with that large amount of unemployed we still can't source enough nurses, doctors and engineers. The long term solution would obviously be to train a population into these industries, but that takes time which we don't have with some necessary jobs.

And then lastly, the EU. If we get immigration from there or emigration to there, I don't mind at all. We live in a very cosy period of human history just now (at least for the West) but there is zero guarantee that will last to any sort of extent, organisations like the EU are a good fail-safe against things to come and we really just cannot go down a semi-isolationist path in this day and age.

If it's any solace to you, think about the people making these decisions. I don't trust that the government is letting people in just because they are lovely people, there will be some sort of Machiavellian reason to it where they see a practical outcome and I don't believe the reason is Goodfella's thought about corporations getting access to cheaper labour - a massive chunk of us are willing to work minimum wage, we don't need foreigners for that.

Edited by MrDigital at 12:30:59 02-07-2013

Formerly TheStylishHobo and Geesh.

• President_Weasel 2 Jul 2013 13:08:32 9,376 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    MrDigital wrote:
    Graveland wrote:
    This is becoming an emotive issue, rather than one based on logic.

My reasoning is simply this: We've got around 3 million unemployed (depending on your source of information, but they don't differ much). Why do we need several million more people to come into the country to compete for jobs against the 3 million unemployed British nationals? I honestly cannot see the justification for it.

Can someone please explain to me how allowing hundreds of thousands of unskilled immigrants to come into the country on an annual basis, to compete for jobs, houses, school placements etc benefits those who are out of work and looking for employment?
    I realise this is an old post but it didn't really get much attention when you posted it.

A couple of points related to your post.

Yeah, we do get hundreds of thousands of immigrants per year, but usually emigration numbers stand at around over 3/4 of that immigration number, so in 2008 for example when about 590,000 came into the UK, 410,000 left the UK, so you only have net immigration of about 180,000, which considering we are a population of nearly 65 million, it doesn't make much of an impression.

Also, a lot of those immigrants are skilled ones, so although I agree on a very superficial level the whole "We have unemployed, people stay out!" argument has some logical base, in practice it doesn't apply when even with that large amount of unemployed we still can't source enough nurses, doctors and engineers. The long term solution would obviously be to train a population into these industries, but that takes time which we don't have with some necessary jobs.

And then lastly, the EU. If we get immigration from there or emigration to there, I don't mind at all. We live in a very cosy period of human history just now (at least for the West) but there is zero guarantee that will last to any sort of extent, organisations like the EU are a good fail-safe against things to come and we really just cannot go down a semi-isolationist path in this day and age.

If it's any solace to you, think about the people making these decisions. I don't trust that the government is letting people in just because they are lovely people, there will be some sort of Machiavellian reason to it where they see a practical outcome and I don't believe the reason is Goodfella's thought about corporations getting access to cheaper labour - a massive chunk of us are willing to work minimum wage, we don't need foreigners for that.
    Your points are well made, up until the last paragraph. The current government is a slightly different ratio of cynicism and incompetence to the previous one, with the ratio being the only real difference. Expecting them to make cynical hard-headed decisions about this sort of thing is fair enough - but expecting them to take a realistic long view and make competent hard-headed decisions based on correctly-understood underlying facts is incredibly optimistic.
    Politicians are fucking idiots who just flail around and try their best to look good this week.
  • RedSparrows 2 Jul 2013 13:42:36 22,880 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Politicians aren't idiots, in general. They're part of a system that is by turns hamstrung or corrupt. Even then, there are good'uns.
  • Youthist 2 Jul 2013 13:58:10 10,021 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Right, it is false to think they are actually idiots. Reminds me of a quote from US Comedian George Carlin

Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.

Think of how stupid the average person is, and realise half of them are stupider than that

• Moot_Point 27 Sep 2013 17:11:31 4,150 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Cleared!

• nickthegun 27 Sep 2013 17:16:14 60,118 posts
    Seen 19 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Its kind of fair enough, tbh. The bloke was being a cunt to her before the cameras started rolling, by all accounts.

---------------------------------------------------------
    someone say something funny

• Page

of 30 First / Last