Racist Tram Lady Page 26

  • Page

    of 30 First / Last

  • RightBean 22 Apr 2013 21:17:45 661 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    I think we should take more advantage of being able to move and work freely around Europe yeah, british people just moan about it. We're not the only place with a welfare system, you do pay for health care anyway, National Insurance deducted direct from your wages
  • webespresso 22 Apr 2013 21:32:04 89 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Bulgaria is situated on the black sea, and is quite warm so you tend to get a lot of British holidaymakers and not a few expats over there.
  • the_dudefather 22 Apr 2013 21:39:18 9,322 posts
    Seen 33 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Goodfella wrote:
    beats living in third world Britain.
    more like... BROKEN BRITAIN

    (ง ͠ ͟ʖ ͡)

  • Stickman 22 Apr 2013 21:42:17 29,666 posts
    Seen 4 weeks ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Cuntsville.

    THIS SPACE FOR RENT

  • RightBean 22 Apr 2013 21:52:43 661 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    I think the way to look at it, the racist tram lady is entitled to her view, and she had her say. I think it's part of the culture, but problem with her is she didn't know if those other people were british or not, it was a skin thing. Those other people might have had the same opinions and frustration as her about immigration, she was wrong to kickoff like that, but it's not her fault. It's the way she was raised and the fact that Tony Blair open the flood gates and didn't care for the reality of how such people think / feel, didn't care to educate them.
  • RyanDS 22 Apr 2013 21:55:58 9,577 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Graveland wrote:
    RyanDS wrote:
    It went almost as high as .4 of one percent in 2004 when nearly 250,000 came into the country.
    According to the Migration Observatory of the University of Oxford, just over half a million people came to live in the UK in 2004.
    Net immigration...
  • cubbymoore 22 Apr 2013 21:59:07 36,500 posts
    Seen 12 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Have any of you tried running a country? It's really hard!
  • cubbymoore 22 Apr 2013 22:14:48 36,500 posts
    Seen 12 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    You say that now. They give you women too!
  • spindizzy 22 Apr 2013 22:58:11 6,541 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Goodfella wrote:
    spindizzy wrote:
    What exactly is "too much immigration"? How is London more overcrowded than other cities? How was the immigration forced? And most importantly, how is any of the above this guys fault? You're SERIOUSLY saying she has a right to take it out on him because he's foreign?
    Question is, how did it escalate?

    As is often the case people only start filming when it 'kicks off'. I'd like to see exactly what lead to her outburst.

    It's all to easy to just shout 'racist scum' etc, without knowing all the facts.
    I very carefully didn't shout 'racist scum'. Though, if you watch the clip it's very one-sided. Maybe he called her something rude, but her reaction afterwards was outrageous. We can't know - but if I had to bet, I wouldn't be betting on her being non-bigot of the year 2013...
  • spindizzy 22 Apr 2013 23:06:02 6,541 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Graveland wrote:
    RyanDS wrote:
    Graveland wrote:
    RyanDS wrote:
    It went almost as high as .4 of one percent in 2004 when nearly 250,000 came into the country.
    According to the Migration Observatory of the University of Oxford, just over half a million people came to live in the UK in 2004.
    Net immigration...
    And no doubt the majority of Brits who emigrated were all low-skilled shelf stackers. Australia, Canada, Japan and the US are crying out for such people.

    The reality is more likely that the people leaving the UK have valuable skills that are desired in other first-world economies. They're largely being replaced by low-skilled immigrants. Not in all cases, but it should be in none of the cases. We need skilled immigrants were there are skill-shortages. We do not need any cleaners, cashiers, factory workers etc. We have 3 million unemployed. Get them in work first.
    How are they being stopped from working? The nice thing about a minimum wage, is either people pay it or they're breaking the law ... and IF they pay it, then the locals surely have an advantage over people who look different, who don't speak the language, and who don't generally fit in?

    I had a brief look for credible statistics, without much luok, but honestly - working immigrants who pay tax MUST be better for the economy... It's not that easy a thing to leave the world you know and move to another country, and people who have the courage to do that are quite likely useful (as long as you make them pay tax). Non-skilled labour is important too (look at the US).
  • senso-ji 22 Apr 2013 23:15:27 5,957 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    People also need to remember that a significant portion of immigration comes from foreign students coming to study, who pay huge sums of money for tuition fees that greatly help Universities and colleges. In fact, one of the reasons cited for the recent drop in net migration (apologies I don't have a source) was a reduction in foreign students.

    Edit: Found a source

    Edited by senso-ji at 23:32:54 22-04-2013
  • FWB 22 Apr 2013 23:20:38 44,833 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    One of the reasons? One? Probably THE reason. The government has deliberately targeted students because they are easy to hit. Short sighted fucks don't realise how this actually does and will hit us.
  • Deleted user 22 April 2013 23:21:43
    When did it become racist to suggest someone to go back to their own country?
  • FWB 22 Apr 2013 23:25:19 44,833 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    It's not, if it isn't just because they aren't white.
  • danathjo 22 Apr 2013 23:25:26 7,428 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    have we had a racist boat lady yet?
    I'm going to hang round the Thames Waterlink just to be the first one to film it
  • cubbymoore 22 Apr 2013 23:58:02 36,500 posts
    Seen 12 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Women are just awful generally. There's a reason we kept them indoors.
  • Stickman 23 Apr 2013 07:17:57 29,666 posts
    Seen 4 weeks ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Graveland wrote:

    The more people you have chasing minimum wage jobs, the less likely the wage will be increased. It's basic economics.
    Didn't minimum wage just go up?

    THIS SPACE FOR RENT

  • Page

    of 30 First / Last

Log in or register to reply