Racist Tram Lady Page 21

  • Page

    of 30 First / Last

  • Rusty_M 5 Jun 2012 19:54:23 4,648 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I think her actions could have been harassment. I agree that forbidding opinions sets a dangerous precedent

    The world is going mad. Me? I'm doing fine.

  • THFourteen 5 Jun 2012 20:44:48 33,175 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    JohnnyBeehive wrote:
    So we don't have freedom of speech now? If you thibk this woman should be imprisoned for what she said then i take it you must have right wing views?

    Don't get me wrong, i think she's an idiot. But she did not incite violence or hate with what she said and locking people up for their opinions, no matter how retarded, is wrong imo.
    If my mum had been on that train she would probably have thumped her. So would i for that matter.

    So she was inciting violence, just so happened that non occurred on the day but it could have been different.
  • FWB 5 Jun 2012 20:52:27 44,223 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    She was inciting violence and hatred. It was her second time. She had be warned. Zero sympathy. If she wants to spout those attitudes she should fuck off to middle England.
  • Youthist 5 Jun 2012 21:47:15 10,010 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    JohnnyBeehive wrote:
    Bollocks. People should not be told what they can and can't say. What next? Prison for saying you don't like fat people. Racism is not very nice but there are much worse things than making racist comments. She didn't deserve prison.
    lol - is this for real bruv?

    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realise half of them are stupider than that

  • IMO 5 Jun 2012 22:20:25 5,634 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    JohnnyBeehive wrote:
    Ofcourse it's real. Are you for real thinking that saying "black people aren't English" is as bad as threatening violence or other such crimes?

    People are entitled to their views.
    It doesn't mean they are allowed to express those views (using language deemed illegal) in a public place without repercussion.
  • Deleted user 5 June 2012 22:37:33
    JohnnyBeehive wrote:
    So we don't have freedom of speech now? If you thibk this woman should be imprisoned for what she said then i take it you must have right wing views?

    Don't get me wrong, i think she's an idiot. But she did not incite violence or hate with what she said and locking people up for their opinions, no matter how retarded, is wrong imo.
    Freedom of speech doesn't give you the right to say whatever you want, however you want to. By your reasoning the people being abused have less rights than a racist cunt.
  • skuzzbag 5 Jun 2012 22:37:49 5,638 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    JohnnyBeehive wrote:
    Bollocks. People should not be told what they can and can't say. What next? Prison for saying you don't like fat people. Racism is not very nice but there are much worse things than making racist comments. She didn't deserve prison.
    In that case I suppose you support the right of Abu Qatada to say the things he does?
  • FWB 6 Jun 2012 00:08:06 44,223 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Your right to a peaceful, hassle free life pretty much trumps freedom of speech in my eyes.
  • Chopsen 6 Jun 2012 10:15:52 15,859 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    JohnnyBeehive wrote:
    Not liking black people shouldn't be a crime
    It isn't.
  • dogbot 6 Jun 2012 10:27:18 2,272 posts
    Seen 11 months ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Along with the freedom to express your opinion comes the requirement to accept the consequences when you do.

    Hard luck, real shame.
  • Zizoo 6 Jun 2012 10:31:31 8,277 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @JohnnyBeehive

    I think you're a cunt.
  • Mr-Brett 6 Jun 2012 10:33:23 12,763 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    JohnnyBeehive wrote:
    @skuzzbag i don't know too much about him but if he's just expressing his dislike for non muslims or western lifestyle then fair enough. He should be alowed his oppinion. If he's trying to arrange violence or incite hatred then no. Not liking black people shouldn't be a crime
    Who is this guy you're talking about?

    Portable view - Never forget.

  • Zizoo 6 Jun 2012 10:54:13 8,277 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    It's just, like, my opinion, man.
  • AcidSnake 6 Jun 2012 10:58:32 7,239 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    JohnnyBeehive wrote:
    when people with stupid comments are getting worse treatment than pedos and rapists it's time to take a step back.
    Yes...Because pedos and rapists get less than those few weeks in prison?

    JohnnyBeehive wrote:
    Jailing her just creayes more hatred, more racism and more discontent.
    "The police jailed that racist lady?!...Fucking blacks..."
    Nope, don't see how that works...

    AcidSnake - He can't see your sig, avatar, images or vids and talks about himself in the third person because he's proper old-skool...UID 24017

  • MetalDog 6 Jun 2012 11:01:26 23,697 posts
    Seen 47 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    It's tricky. The odds are her sentence was harsher for the public attention and that aspect of it, if true, is not right. The law should be applied equally regardless of publicity.

    On the other hand, she very clearly did break at least one of these laws. If you think the laws are unjust, you need to raise a fuss about it with your MP and try to organise support for your point of view - but while the laws exist, just or not, you and everyone else is subject to penalty for breaking them.

    I am old enough to remember when racism was freely expressed and it was absolutely more horrible to be black or asian, etc back then. Same situation for women and gays, so your claim that 'making a fuss about it promotes Xism' doesn't stand up to even casual scrutiny, as far as I can tell.

    You say:
    when people with stupid comments are getting worse treatment than pedos and rapists it's time to take a step back
    Examples, please, of convicted paedophiles and rapists getting more lenient sentencing.

    -- boobs do nothing for me, I want moustaches and chest hair.

  • Load_2.0 7 Jun 2012 09:07:06 19,139 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Preferential = not beaten to death.
  • AcidSnake 7 Jun 2012 09:12:13 7,239 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    There's a reason they're separated though...And it's not because they're liked more than a racist woman...

    EDIT:
    What Load said...

    Edited by AcidSnake at 09:12:40 07-06-2012

    AcidSnake - He can't see your sig, avatar, images or vids and talks about himself in the third person because he's proper old-skool...UID 24017

  • Page

    of 30 First / Last

Log in or register to reply