xbox live hacked or not?? or is it a big cover up by microsoft?

• Page

of 1

Previous Next
  • natashaspice 26 Nov 2011 01:06:34 335 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    "In this case, a number of Xbox Live members appear to have recently been victim of malicious 'phishing' scams (i.e. online attempts to acquire personal information such as passwords, user names and credit card details by purporting to be a legitimate company or person)," Microsoft said.

"The online safety of Xbox Live members remains of the utmost importance, which is why we consistently take measures to protect Xbox Live against ever-changing threats."

One of the phishing scams that could be behind the hack, saw Xbox Live users receiving an email directing them to a website offering free Microsoft Points. Victims of the scam entered their account details in a bid to 'receive' the free points, which allowed the hackers to access their accounts.

personally i'd like to say i haven't given out my details to any website but my account was still hacked into. all my ms-points were gone but it's good thing i never had my credit card details linked to my live account.

people are also claiming that this might be down to EA being hacked but i only have fifa on the ps3 so i don't see how it could be linked back to ea. personally i think this is bi cover up by Microsoft and they need to address the problem quickly rather than sweeping it under the carpet.
  • Page

of 1

Previous Next