Xbox One Page 1016

• Page

of 1046 First / Last

• CompetitiveDad 24 Aug 2014 11:15:26 2,211 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 12 months ago
    Maturin wrote:
    CompetitiveDad wrote:
    @Maturin send me a friend's request and I'll send you an invite to the program
    Thanks, someone else beat you to it. So many lovely people.

Thank you very much for the offer.
    No problem. :)
  • RyanDS 24 Aug 2014 11:16:22 9,430 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    CompetitiveDad wrote:
    RyanDS wrote:
    Getting rather annoyed now with Live. HAd the console 3 days and still can't play online due to server issues. XBox help say they are aware of the issue and looking into it.

Terrible on a bank holiday weekend, hell, I have my PS4 launch day and never had this sort of problem,
    I've been online with no issues. Very odd.
    Just been on chat with them again. It is a bug where trial gold doesn't work...
    "Ryan, we apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you. We are fully aware that xbox live users who have free gold trials are not being able to access xbox live recently. "
  • Malek86 24 Aug 2014 11:16:30 863 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I'm not having problems with XBL at the moment, but it's true that the service in these 8 months has been having problems more often than in 8 years of Xbox 360. Whatever MS is trying to sort out, hopefully they are gonna sort out soon.

Edited by Malek86 at 11:20:31 24-08-2014
  • CompetitiveDad 24 Aug 2014 11:20:41 2,211 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 12 months ago
    Malek86 wrote:
    I'm not having problems with XBL at the moment, but it's true that the service in these 8 months has been offline more often than in 8 years of Xbox 360. Whatever MS is trying to sort out, hopefully they are gonna sort out soon.
    True

Hope you get it sorted Ryan!
  • Syrette 24 Aug 2014 11:33:45 43,588 posts
    Seen 42 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    You can suspend games if you go into apps, obviously you can't suspend games if you go into another game though.

• Syrette 24 Aug 2014 11:38:28 43,588 posts
    Seen 42 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I wasn't implying you didn't know that. Just stating the obvious, in hindsight I needn't have.

• Malek86 24 Aug 2014 11:39:20 863 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @DiddlerDo that's different. Suspending games while the console is turned on is generally easy to do nowadays, although the PS4 is a bit more limited than the X1 in this regard: it's a lot more seamless in the X1, like on a smartphone, and some programs still need to close the game on PS4, such as the video editing app, while on X1 you can multitask with literally everything that isn't another game (and even some games, if they have been programmed to load into side memory).

I think it's due to the memory management. The PS4 probably can't put anything into side memory unless the OS says so, and everything else needs to be in the main memory (thus requiring game closure). In order to change that, and tell the OS what can be loaded into side memory, I assume a firmware update is necessary.

The X1 is a bit more flexible: essentially, the OS is hard-wired so that everything that isn't a game gets loaded into side memory, including any future apps. This approach has good points (multitasking with literally everything, updating single apps without requiring a firmware update) but also bad points (the system is slower than a monolithical OS, since every app has to be loaded separately and has access to more limited resources).

Then again, it's just a hypothesis. We don't really know how the PS4 system works, because Sony has been coy on the matter. We know it's separated into main memory and side memory, like the X1, but not much else.

Edited by Malek86 at 11:45:52 24-08-2014
  • RyanDS 24 Aug 2014 11:50:16 9,430 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    DiddlerDo wrote:
    @Syrette No that's cool, I apparently have got the whole suspend feature mixed up and/or haven't turned my console off since buying it!
    The latter I assume.

And I apologise for saying you made it up.
  • Fake_Blood 24 Aug 2014 11:51:10 4,220 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    The suspend option sure saves you some time, but it is offset by the number of times you have to cold boot this thing.
  • Nades 24 Aug 2014 14:52:06 1,324 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    When using Skype on Xbox One can you group chat, with people on Xbox and PC?

Liverpool FC
    _______

XbL: Nades x
    PSN: iNaades

• JiveHound 24 Aug 2014 14:57:37 2,472 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    CompetitiveDad wrote:
    Malek86 wrote:
    I'm not having problems with XBL at the moment, but it's true that the service in these 8 months has been offline more often than in 8 years of Xbox 360. Whatever MS is trying to sort out, hopefully they are gonna sort out soon.
    True

Hope you get it sorted Ryan!
    Have to say the X1 has given me more issues than the 360. It is trying to do more at once though. They haven't quite struck the balance of versatility and reliability yet.

Live: Jive Hands
    PSN: Jive_Hands

• H1ggyLTD 24 Aug 2014 14:59:14 1,735 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Before xmas i was doing about 1 hard reset a day.

Never seems to need it now.
  • KD 24 Aug 2014 16:18:00 668 posts
    Seen 23 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Nades wrote:
    Yes it works fine, I normally end up on Skype with my friends who play Warcraft if nobody I know on the Xbox one at the time.
  • Nades 24 Aug 2014 16:27:11 1,324 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Ah, good news! Thanks KD. Some of my friends are getting Xbox One soon, but some aren't. So Need all of us to be able to Skype whether we're on PC or Xbox One.

Liverpool FC
    _______

• SwedBear 25 Aug 2014 00:02:12 262 posts
    Seen 6 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Crap .... just wanted to do a quick game of Diablo III and ended up playing or 2 hours. Good sign ...
  • RyanDS 25 Aug 2014 12:23:46 9,430 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Is suspend game usually stable? Just turned on my one for the first time for standby and the game is frozen.

Have to say the one is the most unstable console I have ever had, between live issues and the console itself.

Hope they can sort this stuff out soon, my ps4 on release date was more stable.
  • CompetitiveDad 25 Aug 2014 12:42:07 2,211 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 12 months ago
    Xbox live is working fine for me. Just had some good games on Battlefield, suspend and resume has been working spot on for the past few days using Diablo.

All good.
  • JiveHound 25 Aug 2014 14:39:19 2,472 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    RyanDS wrote:
    Is suspend game usually stable? Just turned on my one for the first time for standby and the game is frozen.

Have to say the one is the most unstable console I have ever had, between live issues and the console itself.

It's not stable for me, glad I'm not alone. Don't trust in it. Another MS thing that doesn't work 100% hence pointless in its current state. Lost an hour of Diablo last week.

• Dizzy 25 Aug 2014 14:41:23 2,706 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    @JiveHound You can't lose progress in D3... yeah you can lose were you are, but not xp/items/... If you did, then that was a Blizzard bug.
  • JiveHound 25 Aug 2014 14:42:24 2,472 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    It's frustrating for me as the console when working perfectly could potentially be a great system with compelling features.

It's just not quite there.

However Diablo 3 on the X1 compared to last gen is such a better port that I'm smitten at the moment. Looks luscious, runs like silk and fuck all loading. Fucking rey.

• JiveHound 25 Aug 2014 14:45:17 2,472 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Dizzy wrote:
    @JiveHound You can't lose progress in D3... yeah you can lose were you are, but not xp/items/... If you did, then that was a Blizzard bug.
    I felt sure I lost level progress, you maybe right. I definitely had to redo the quest I was on.

I guess if all gamesaves were tied to profile and not harder then I would trust the suspend function.

• fletch7100 25 Aug 2014 14:50:59 7,331 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Glad I'm old school and just turn the console off, after saving at a checkpoint of course.
  • JiveHound 25 Aug 2014 14:58:43 2,472 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    To be fair, it's never a function that I really thought I needed. It's just cool when it works and you don't have to load anything.

I'm actually looking to buy a second for my missus so we can be Destiny buddies. Anyone know where the cheapsest non Kinect unit is?

• JiveHound 25 Aug 2014 15:00:02 2,472 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Also, is this Hong Kong trick a thing? I'd love to know that I can buy digital for that cheap in future.

• Nades 25 Aug 2014 15:55:04 1,324 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    KD wrote:
    Nades wrote:
    Yes it works fine, I normally end up on Skype with my friends who play Warcraft if nobody I know on the Xbox one at the time.
    Can people in game chat still hear you speak? That was kinda weird.

Liverpool FC
    _______

• MrTomFTW Moderator 25 Aug 2014 16:13:53 38,338 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    JiveHound wrote:
    Also, is this Hong Kong trick a thing? I'd love to know that I can buy digital for that cheap in future.
    Yep, I got Diablo for 22. Lovely.

Follow me on Twitter: @MrTom
    Voted by the community "Best mod" 2011, 2012 and 2013.

• CompetitiveDad 25 Aug 2014 17:20:10 2,211 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 12 months ago
    JiveHound wrote:
    RyanDS wrote:

It's not stable for me, glad I'm not alone. Don't trust in it. Another MS thing that doesn't work 100% hence pointless in its current state. Lost an hour of Diablo last week.
    I agree the system isn't stable, I was putting it down to being part of the preview program. However Ryan is having trouble without being part of it so it defo can't all be that.
  • Page

of 1046 First / Last