Had me laughing anyway.
  • bitch_tits_zero_nine 1 Oct 2013 11:47:17 6,654 posts
    Seen 24 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    me too
  • nickthegun 1 Oct 2013 11:54:30 59,416 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I have the strangest compulsion to read a copy of The Beano now.

---------------------------------------------------------
    He totally called it

• ILoveThrashMetal 1 Oct 2013 12:16:50 706 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    moron wrote:
    MrTomFTW wrote:
    Look, the Xbox One is giving you tangible benefits - The power of cloud computing and Kinect - what more do you want eh? What more COULD you want?
    Do you know any good game using kinect or cloud? Neither do I
    Hopefully a fanboy death simulator is in development

Arsechickens

• Blerk Moderator 1 Oct 2013 12:29:21 48,225 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Throwing a Kinect out of a plane would be a pretty cool game.
  • RedSparrows 1 Oct 2013 12:30:57 22,256 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Hopefully a moron killer too.
  • Deleted user 1 October 2013 12:59:25
    MrTomFTW wrote:
    moron wrote:
    MrTomFTW wrote:
    Look, the Xbox One is giving you tangible benefits - The power of cloud computing and Kinect - what more do you want eh? What more COULD you want?
    Do you know any good game using kinect or cloud? Neither do I
    I like the way you took my post at face value. You can stay.
    moron is a bit like vizzini's slow witted Romanian cousin.
  • Widge Moderator 1 Oct 2013 15:30:20 13,436 posts
    Seen 51 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    PenguinJim wrote:
    I dunno. Last gen (properly) brought us two tangible benefits that consoles had been missing for years - HD graphics and online gaming.

Am I disagreeing with Widge when I agree with his point that the next gen will bring us flags that flap in the wind?
    It did bring it up properly, but it was refining what we had already, and that is what happens time upon time. It's a bit different than the PSone era, where it was a transition into 3D.

The current generation refined the graphics and bumped us up a resolution, it advanced the online infrastructure.

This coming generation, the graphics are getting refined some more and bumping up a resolution, the online infrastructure is being refined even more.

It's all incremental, but it all adds up.

_ _ _

www.unpaused.co.uk - electronic noise adjective salad

• mikew1985 1 Oct 2013 15:55:38 12,655 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I expect that some of the more mundane features of the new consoles will actually prove to be the big difference this time.

The instant suspend and resume that both will have. The increased suite of sharing and social bollocks etc.

We'll soon look at a lot of it and think how we lived with the previous systems.
  • Deleted user 1 October 2013 16:54:16
    mikew1985 wrote:
    I expect that some of the more mundane features of the new consoles will actually prove to be the big difference this time.

The instant suspend and resume that both will have. The increased suite of sharing and social bollocks etc.

We'll soon look at a lot of it and think how we lived with the previous systems.
    I sincerely doubt that. I just want to play fun games, all the other gimmicks mean very little to me. Surely many others feel the same way.
  • ubergine 1 Oct 2013 17:44:31 2,319 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Everyone knows that fun games don't come out until the third year. By then I want to have a handle on the video editing thing and the apps for the stuffs, and the menus and waving.

http://www.youtube.com/user/ubergine

• ubergine 1 Oct 2013 17:50:15 2,319 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    moron

http://www.youtube.com/user/ubergine

• CharlieStCloud 1 Oct 2013 17:52:00 5,202 posts
    Seen 3 weeks ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    moron wrote:
    ubergine wrote:
    Everyone knows that fun games don't come out until the third year.
    I thought most of the best Xbox 360 games were released in first two years.
    I ... I ... I agree!

Whereas the PlayStation 3 is the other way round; the best games were released in the past two years.
  • altitude2k 1 Oct 2013 18:07:00 4,086 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    If cloud computing gets rid of the Halo black screen, it'll win next gen for me.
  • Deleted user 1 October 2013 18:28:55
    The game of the generation came out in 2009. The funnest of the fun.
  • CosmicFuzz 1 Oct 2013 18:37:55 23,823 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    moron wrote:
    ubergine wrote:
    moron
    Lets make a list

At launch I bought PDZ, PGR 3 and DOA 4. They were fun games

Then GRAW, Oblivion, Burnout Revenge - same. After that Gears, Crackdown, Forza 2, Bioshock, Halo 3, PGR 4, Mass Effect, Virtua Fighter 5. Still before November 2007.

Also I should point out that I didn't like Gears 2 because they stuffed the game with absolutely horrible arcade inserts (say travel through the insides of giant worm) and even more horrible transport. Not to mention absolutely damb repetitive boss battles and occasional rough edges of gameplay.

Neither I'm a big fan of Forza 3
    Yay lists.

Games that came out afterwards:

Skyrim
    Gears 3
    Burnout Paradise
    NFS HP
    Crackdown 2
    Forza 4
    Forza Horizon
    Mass Effect 2
    Mass Effect 3
    Dead or Alive 5

Those are just the sequels to the games you mention. I've not mentioned all the others.

If you serious believe that Perfect Dark Zero is a good game then you're judgement can safely be ignored.

Episode 5 of our gaming podcast Open Source is a Gamescom Special. Check it out here!

• CosmicFuzz 1 Oct 2013 18:39:29 23,823 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Also I don't understand dpeople moaning about the launch games. They're launch games. They're never good in hindsight. Why would you assume that no other games will be coming?

Madness.

Episode 5 of our gaming podcast Open Source is a Gamescom Special. Check it out here!

• Deleted user 1 October 2013 18:49:15
    moron wrote:
    rumblesushi wrote:
    The game of the generation came out in 2009. The funnest of the fun.
    Borderlands?
    Street Fighter 4.
  • mikew1985 2 Oct 2013 08:58:20 12,655 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    rumblesushi wrote:
    mikew1985 wrote:

I sincerely doubt that. I just want to play fun games, all the other gimmicks mean very little to me. Surely many others feel the same way.
    I don't mean these will be immediately appreciated or that they will be considered more important than the games themselves. A lot of these features just tie into usability of the machine, specifically instant on and suspend features - these kinds of things will make it so easy to pause and resume content from where you left off etc.

They're just the small things that most don't consider at the moment but will likely end up being really useful features over the course of a consoles lifecycle.

They obviously need to have great games to ultimately be successful.
  • Widge Moderator 2 Oct 2013 09:23:56 13,436 posts
    Seen 51 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    CosmicFuzz wrote:
    Also I don't understand dpeople moaning about the launch games. They're launch games. They're never good in hindsight. Why would you assume that no other games will be coming?

Madness.
    Well, the news has been a little dry on the post launch support. Old PS4 and Vita seem to have a "new title!" story every day, and even Guerilla are off onto their very next title.

New titles will come, of course, but I think the concern is that they will be your usual multiplatform source.

_ _ _

• Widge Moderator 2 Oct 2013 09:24:59 13,436 posts
    Seen 51 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    mikew1985 wrote:
    I don't mean these will be immediately appreciated or that they will be considered more important than the games themselves. A lot of these features just tie into usability of the machine, specifically instant on and suspend features - these kinds of things will make it so easy to pause and resume content from where you left off etc.

They're just the small things that most don't consider at the moment but will likely end up being really useful features over the course of a consoles lifecycle.
    Yep, bluray and media streaming via Tversity sold the PS3 to me, over anything that was available. Knowing I could play my few PS2 games and that Oblivion was coming was a tipping point I suppose.

_ _ _

• mcmonkeyplc 2 Oct 2013 09:45:28 39,435 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I remember shitloads of people said they didn't want to play online, didn't want HDD's in their console, didn't want constant updates.

They all shut up eventually.

Fear Change > Change Happens > Complain about Change > Embrace change

or The Xbox one method

Fear change > GO bat shit crazy > Limit change > Change happens > Complain about change > Embrace change/ Reverse change.

Come and get it cumslingers!

• Page

of 1018 First / Last