• Page

of 1

Previous Next
  • Futaba 17 Nov 2011 01:25:12 3,538 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Anyone know what I need to do to get this damn program working? PC specs:

Windows 7 64Bit
    Intel i5 760 CPU (2.80Ghz, not overclocked)
    8GB RAM
    6950 Radeon GPU
    1920x1080 display to a HD TV
    Samsung 2TB 5400rpm HDD - The HDD I'm trying to record to (not the HDD with fraps/windows on)

Despite tweaking many different settings, full screen/half screen, FPS, different screen resolutions I always end up with a pathetic fps when I try to record which makes any game unplayable. Fraps isn't the only one I've had trouble with either, I've tried about 3-4 different other kinds of recording software (playclaw, hypercam etc) but it's always the same story, a completely unplayable frame rate. One of the few things I haven't tried yet is setting up RAID between a couple of my HDDs but even that's not guaranteed to work from what I've read.

One of the most frustrating things is that I've tested fraps on my brother's machine which is a couple of years older than mine (so lower spec) and his has no such problems. I haven't tried the most system intensive games on his, but his can still record with fraps at 30fps or so on games my PC can't.

Anyone here use fraps or other such recording software and have an idea what the problem might be? Cheers.

Edited by Futaba at 01:43:58 17-11-2011

As far back as I can remember I always wanted to be a ninja.

• Dirtbox 17 Nov 2011 01:56:05 79,167 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    One computer I had ground to a halt, but a lower spec one didn't drop a frame. It's just one of those things.

Either that or your antivirus is trying to scan every byte written to you hdd.

+1 / Like / Tweet this post

• Dirtbox 17 Nov 2011 01:56:22 79,167 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Post deleted

+1 / Like / Tweet this post

• Futaba 17 Nov 2011 02:02:29 3,538 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Dirtbox wrote:
    One computer I had ground to a halt, but a lower spec one didn't drop a frame. It's just one of those things.

Either that or your antivirus is trying to scan every byte written to you hdd.
    So I'm doomed to never being able to record on this PC because of bad luck? :(

Only anti-virus I have on this pc is MS Security Essentials so I don't think that's the issue.

Edit: all the 'real time protection' boxes on MS Essentials are ticked so maybe that's worth playing with actually...

Edited by Futaba at 02:04:58 17-11-2011

As far back as I can remember I always wanted to be a ninja.

• Page

of 1

Previous Next