What would you do?

• Page

of 6 First / Last

Previous
  • Vice.Destroyer 12 Nov 2011 21:31:38 5,823 posts
    Seen 23 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Currently in the middle of a family feud. Not my family, but the girlys. Basically, her sister and brother-in-law think that me and girly should break up. Not bothered to find out the reason why. The girlfriend told me that *someone* in her family felt that way, but didn't want to tell me who. Which was fun for me, for the last FIVE YEARS!

"hey, let's go to (one of my 3) sisters for dinner. Want to come Vice.Destroyer?"

"Not in the mood. Would rather play on my Xbox"

"Stop being so lazy come one"

*Not wanting to break bread with one of those motherfuckers that does not endorse our relationship? That ain't being lazy*

But I don't give a fuck. They're not my family. And thankfully there is 3G coverage in their houses. But now, girlys brother-in-law, who also thinks that me and girly should break up, has fallen out with girly. He reckons that she has been making snide comments for the past 12 months to him. For the LAST YEAR!!! I ain't noticed it. Girly doesn't think she has. But instead of behaving like an adult and mentioning it within the last 12 months, he has sent a passive aggressive text, basically saying for girly to never come around. Which has upset girly because she likes her sister. Me? I couldn't give a fuck and frankly I could only be happier if I got 6 number correct on the Lotto. Friday, saturday or Wednesday.

Personally, I think that he feels guilty for airing his outrageous opinion to her and has misinterpreted everything she has said as a snide insult. But because she is now persona non-grata, I feel the need for some revenge. What would you guys do? Me and the missus are planning for a baby, and I have a good mind to mention that once the baby is born, my child will NEVER know who they are. (Might be a bit harsh, so I am asking for a measured Eurogamer response to this insult)

God help me. :)
  • Deleted user 12 November 2011 21:32:57
    FHUTA
  • Deleted user 12 November 2011 21:34:06
    Be supportive but stay out of her family business.
  • Vice.Destroyer 12 Nov 2011 21:38:24 5,823 posts
    Seen 23 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    That is the smart and unfortunately only answer. Family is family and knowing my luck, they will all make up. Right after I verbalise my utter fucking disgust for those motherfuckers. So yes. I am keeping my mouth shut. But it is hurting me.
  • Khanivor 12 Nov 2011 21:41:29 40,402 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    When you next visit go to the PC and see if Facebook logins are saved by the browser. Make note of passwords. Fuck with them at leisure.
  • richarddavies 12 Nov 2011 21:41:45 2,581 posts
    Seen 11 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Fuck everybody involved up the arse. While screaming verse's from the bible. That's what I always do. Prisons not that bad these days.
  • mrpon 12 Nov 2011 22:02:51 28,493 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Steal their butter.

Give yourself 5 or gig, you're worth it.

• Vice.Destroyer 12 Nov 2011 22:05:45 5,823 posts
    Seen 23 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Steal their butter. I like it. That will teach them.
  • grey_matters 12 Nov 2011 22:10:36 3,676 posts
    Seen 22 seconds ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Have they heard the one about the plane on a treadmill?
  • Deleted user 12 November 2011 22:19:47
    Basically, her sister and brother-in-law think that me and girly should break up. Not bothered to find out the reason why.
    Maybe this is the key. If it were me I'd want to know why.
  • Vice.Destroyer 12 Nov 2011 22:38:32 5,823 posts
    Seen 23 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Greggywocky... wrote:
    Basically, her sister and brother-in-law think that me and girly should break up. Not bothered to find out the reason why.
    Maybe this is the key. If it were me I'd want to know why.
    I thought about that, but I didn't think that would enlighten me. According to the girly, they like me, but don't think that I am right for them. I can't quite reconile these two viewpoints. So I don't want to explore them. They have known me now for about 5 years. Maybe I am being short-sighted, but I can't see how this would help anything.
  • Deleted user 12 November 2011 22:45:08
    Post deleted
  • Oh-Bollox 12 Nov 2011 22:49:49 5,164 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    According to the girly, they like me, but don't think that I am right for them.
    But you're not fucking them...

Are you?
  • Deleted user 12 November 2011 23:28:53
    Post deleted
  • Kami 13 Nov 2011 00:07:53 2,417 posts
    Seen 25 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I would want to know why they don't think I'm right. This can be done without actually making a big song and dance about it. Just go around next time, ask to talk to one of them privately, and just ask. It's not about being offensive, or confrontational. If it is eating you, it won't go away until it is sated by an answer.

Other than that, what is between her and her brother is none of your business. It seems he's got a bit of an issue, and given time that may or may not resolve itself. Just stay out of that one. Never ends well.

Other than that, try to make an effort. They may not think you are right for their precious little girl - but parents are like that. Siblings are like that too...

My sister can tell you that. I've scared away several potential boyfriends. Rawr.

Master of Tekisuto No Kabe. *bows*
    And you're reading this why?!

• disusedgenius 13 Nov 2011 00:55:41 5,228 posts
    Seen 28 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I think I'd want to know purely out of curiosity. Plus it helps if you want to passive aggressively wind someone up...
  • Deleted user 13 November 2011 01:30:10
    For Vice... http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/deidre/
  • Trafford 13 Nov 2011 01:35:37 5,644 posts
    Seen 43 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Aargh. wrote:
    Be supportive but stay out of her family business.
  • Futaba 13 Nov 2011 01:40:57 3,462 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Accuse them of racism. That's the vibe I'm getting from your story.

Edited by Futaba at 01:41:11 13-11-2011

As far back as I can remember I always wanted to be a ninja.

• Vice.Destroyer 13 Nov 2011 09:55:00 5,823 posts
    Seen 23 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @futaba At this stage, anything could be possible. But I will keep that particular accusation to myself. Once the 'R' word is out there, a shitstorm of huge proportions is created. Especially for something that is virtually impossible to prove. And the Anton Ferdinand death threat situation has reminded me again that people prefer to ignore facts and blame the accuser.

So, for that and other reasons, @Kami, I will skip trying to get clarification on exactly why they think that I am wrong for my girlfriend.
  • Syrette 13 Nov 2011 09:55:38 43,115 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Offer sexual favours of the anal variety to all concerned?

• Kosmoz 13 Nov 2011 09:59:13 7,600 posts
    Seen 12 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    WWJD?

Every girl I ever kissed I was thinking of a pro footballer.

• Madder-Max 13 Nov 2011 10:02:56 11,622 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Join the Dark Brotherhood and assasinate them all in their sleep

99 problems and being ginger is one

• nickthegun 13 Nov 2011 11:02:54 58,907 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Looking at it from the outside, your massive gamerscore, willingness to sack them off in favour of the Xbox and listing one of their redeeming features as 'they have 3G coverage' would also make me consider if you were right for my sister.

I don't mean to sound insulting, but it sounds like you have at least contributed to this situation with a hugely negative attitude.

---------------------------------------------------------
    He totally called it

• speedofthepuma 13 Nov 2011 11:04:38 13,268 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Oh, good points.

Nick is like Sherlock, but presumably without the heroin.

I've turned off all the avatars and crap, so don't expect me to be impressed by yours.

• nickthegun 13 Nov 2011 11:14:11 58,907 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I was/am in a very similar situation at the moment (except her family think I'm awesome) where the mrs has had to all but cut her sister out of her life, with a little encouragement from me due to her being a massive twatface.

---------------------------------------------------------
    He totally called it

• speedofthepuma 13 Nov 2011 11:21:16 13,268 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Doesn't seem too similar.

I've turned off all the avatars and crap, so don't expect me to be impressed by yours.

• Page

of 6 First / Last

Previous