Jak and Daxter collection for PS3 confirmed! Page 3

• Page

of 3 First / Last

Next
  • Telepathic.Geometry 6 Apr 2013 08:59:40 11,401 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Considering all the hate I poured on Jak II (which I completed by the way) I felt like I should say something positive to balance it all out. So here it is. Jak 3 is a very nice game. It still isn't as good as the original, which was in so many ways a master-class in game design, but it takes the gameplay from the previous game and makes it enjoyable again. The checkpoints are more reasonable, and the game seems to be aware of its own shortcomings in the controls department and accordingly has designed the levels and the challenges around that.

As with the first game, this one has bastard challenges in there, but they never quite feel unfair, and you always feel like trying one more time. The story is also quite interesting for me. I think I can see where it's going, and I like it.

Jak 1: 10/10 Loved every minute of it;
    Jak 2: 5/10 I regard this game as broken;
    Jak 3: Feels like an 8/10 game if it keeps going the way it has been...

|| PSN Barrysama || NNID Barrysama ||

• Humperfunk 19 May 2013 20:22:38 2,282 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Started Jak 3 the other day after playing Jak 1 and 2 last summer (decided to have a break after 2 when the series went from a 10/10 to a 5/10) but heard that Jak 3 was much improved on 2.

So far it's even more of a turd than the second. Jak 2, 3 and Uncharted: Drake's Fortune was a terrible run of three games for Naughty Dog. Let's hope The Last of Us completes a trilogy of excellence from Uncharted 2 onwards.

PSN, XBL & NNID: Wedjwants

• Flying_Pig 19 May 2013 20:30:48 11,151 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I thought Jak3 was pretty reasonable. You're wrong on Drake's Fortune too - it was brilliant!
  • Humperfunk 19 May 2013 20:55:40 2,282 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Problem with the games is that they have some great moments but far too many unreasonably frustrating ones. Just got past one bit that was ridiculous (kept dying for absolutely no reason, just came up saying "game over" and then had a nice five minutes running around and then pow, another bit just there to annoy me!

I usually give up on games pretty sharpish if I'm not getting on with them. Determined to finish this though, purely because I don't really have anything else I fancy playing.

• Triggerhappytel 19 May 2013 21:16:52 2,695 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Your logic is screwed for three reasons; 1) Jak 3 was decent, 2) Jak X was between Jak 3 and Uncharted (although that was pretty weak), and 3) Uncharted: DF was awesome.
  • Humperfunk 19 May 2013 21:46:55 2,282 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Yeah I forgot Jak X. Think that ones been deliberately blanked from my memory!

• Telepathic.Geometry 20 May 2013 01:12:52 11,401 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Drake's Fortune? Is that the first one? That's a fucking great game. Just platinumed it again the other day actually...

Graphically it's beautiful, the dialogue and rapport between the characters is great, the story is pretty good too by videogame standards. And as for difficulty, there are 4 difficulty settings. Unless you choose to play on Crushing, you have no excuse for complaining about dying for no reason.

And as for Jak 3, I CAN NOT accept that you think that that's worse than Jak II. Never never never!!! It was far less punishing than Jak II, and far less frustrating, and I believe that this opinion should be objectively true.

Also, the weapons were much better, the Jak powers were more interesting, the mini-games were better, the story was better, the production values were better and above all, the driving sequences were WAAAAAAAAAY less annoying and frustrating.

Please tell me again, do you REALLY think Jak II is worse than Jak 3? I mean really? Or is it just hyperbole designed to express how much you hated Jak 3?

• Humperfunk 20 May 2013 11:08:18 2,282 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    If anyone needs me, I'll be in the Unpopular Gaming Opinions thread.

• Murbal 20 May 2013 11:19:16 22,352 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Humperfunk wrote:
    :D
  • Telepathic.Geometry 20 May 2013 11:27:50 11,401 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Humperfunk wrote:
    See ya there fella ^_^ (thinks that GTA is shite, and sports sims should be banned)...

/fist-bump

• Page

of 3 First / Last

Next