Paedogeddon - Jimmy Savile and other celebs Page 32

• Page

of 121 First / Last

• jellyhead 14 Nov 2012 17:41:28 24,350 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    reddevil93 wrote:
    So is the English media like the Irish church then, yeah?
    What, covering up and protecting kiddy-fiddlers?

Not sure yet. It certainly doesn't look like these are isolated incidents and they have been happening for a while so it's not beyond the pail to think that media have been 'slow' to print about these scandals. Not because they're complicit but because the people allegedly involved are quite powerful and influential.

I just hope they're all scurrying about asking questions and doing investigative journalism. Hope.

This signature intentionally left blank.

• mrpon 14 Nov 2012 17:41:57 28,437 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Trafford wrote:
    Cyril Smith (stuck) in the (door) frame now.

Mens shelter 40 years ago. Just read that this is quite old news.

Give yourself £5 or ½ gig, you're worth it.

• Psychotext 14 Nov 2012 17:56:08 53,809 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Bah, stupid new page. Fuck it, I'll post it again.

Pretty good summary from another forum

Edit - Updated to link to new version.

Edited by Psychotext at 13:31:06 16-11-2012
  • thelzdking 14 Nov 2012 17:58:56 4,316 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    That teacher who ran off to France with that Stammers girl seems like an old-style romantic now.
  • Psychotext 14 Nov 2012 20:55:46 53,809 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Fucking hell...

And this is the roll of honour listed by MP Paul Flynn on his site recently… a list of respondent witnesses mentioned in the 2002 Enquiry Report… meant to be pulped in a cover-up, once copy survived and wound up at the Independent on Sunday:

R1: Fell to his death from a railway bridge. Former resident of Bryn Alyn Home.

R2: May, 1978, committed suicide aged 16 by taking an overdose of pain killing tablets. Former resident of Bryn Alyn.

R3: March 1985, was found dead in a flat in which he was living in poverty, aged 21. Former resident of Little Acton Assessment centre.

R4: April 1992, died in a fire aged 32 in premises in which he lived in Sussex. The inquest verdict – unlawful killing. Former resident of Bryn Alyn.

R5: June 1992, found dead aged 18 in a bed-sitter. Cause of death, acute respiratory failure due to solvent abuse. Former resident of Bryn Alyn.

R6: January, 1994, committed suicide by hanging, aged 27.

R7: April, 1994, died aged 27 from alcohol abuse. Allegations that he had been the subject of a serious sexual offence. Former Bryn Estyn resident.

R8: July 1994, found dead in a car, aged 18. Former foster child in Clwyd where he allegedly suffered from maltreatment.

R9: November, 1994, committed suicide aged 16 by hanging.

R10: February, 1995, died from and apparent heroin overdose aged 37. Former resident of Bryn Alyn where it was alleged he had been sexually abused.

R11: February, 1995, hanged himself aged 31. Allegations of sexual abuse against care workers.

R12: May, 1995, found hanging aged 27. Allegations that he had been sexually abused by a senior care worker. Former resident of Bryn Estyn.
    :(
  • RobTheBuilder 14 Nov 2012 21:11:10 6,521 posts
    Seen 8 months ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    @Psychotext
  • RobTheBuilder 14 Nov 2012 21:13:02 6,521 posts
    Seen 8 months ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    @Psychotext Excellent summary.
    This whole thing is horrific and suggests cover ups that would make the banking scandal look minor.

Read today about one of the Mail journalists being linked through spreading misinformation and targeting others.

The targeting of the BBC to distract from the problem is disgraceful.
  • crimpy 14 Nov 2012 21:23:51 60 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Rupert Murdoch and the torys must be rubbing their hands with glee :(
    [http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2012/nov/13/beware-vitriol-tories-bbc]

Do you know what "nemesis" means?

• oceanmotion 14 Nov 2012 21:25:21 15,651 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Hope people keep digging. Sounds like powerful people are trying to stop things going further which is very sad. Even though this is kids I imagine there is even more horrible stuff going on with people with access, money and power. All sorts of little clubs that nobody would go after because of who is involved. Feel so sorry for the young people who get forced into these things.
  • Rodney 14 Nov 2012 22:11:39 1,847 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    The problem with this, like most conspiracy theories, is that the conspiracry is too big to be viable without collapsing under its own weight.

Literally hundreds (or thousands) of people would have to be complicit. I find it hard to believe that not one would have spoken out about it.

I think this might be more of a case of many isolated incidents some of which were covered up to protect careers and reputations but more likely incompetence.

Having said that  it all looks a bit fishy. Why the limited scope of the enquires? What are they trying to hide.

Like others have said, I hope some propper investigative journalism is going on because it doesnt sound like we can have much confidence in the authorities.
  • jellyhead 14 Nov 2012 23:02:54 24,350 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Scans of an article that was published in the 90s by Scallywag magazine exposing high-level abuse have surfaced apparently. I say apparently because i don't know if they are fake or legitimate yet. I haven't read it but by seeing Lord McAlpine mentioned makes me wonder what else is just speculation or were we lied to? It seems there were three McApline's around at that time according to the NeoGAF thread.

Will this hamper the investigation? I'm sure the relevant parties have copies anyway.

Googling 'Scallywag' brought them up for me to see and they're also here Scallywag scans on NeoGAF

Edit: Be warned, it does not make for pleasant reading. As you'd expect.

Edited by jellyhead at 23:09:58 14-11-2012

• Psychotext 15 Nov 2012 01:49:18 53,809 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Rodney wrote:
    Literally hundreds (or thousands) of people would have to be complicit. I find it hard to believe that not one would have spoken out about it.
    Yet we're hearing from hundreds of people in the Jimmy Saville situation and the best we ever got regarding that was hearsay and rumour.

I'm pretty much the last person to go all conspiracy theory on anything, but it's clear the old boys networks are very much in arse covering mode over this.
  • RobTheBuilder 15 Nov 2012 01:58:32 6,521 posts
    Seen 8 months ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    @jellyhead A friend of mine who I forwarded that link to replied with this:

The editor of Scallywag was taken out for printing those secrets.
  • Feanor 15 Nov 2012 03:42:36 14,055 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    This stuff seems so crazy I can't even process it. But I'm sure plenty of the allegations will be proved true eventually.
  • jellyhead 15 Nov 2012 09:47:41 24,350 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    @RobTheBuilder There was certainly something going on there.

The article has been floating around for a while now, at least parts of it were. This is the first time i've seen all of it together. I've not read any yet as it was late and didn't look like good nighttime reading to me.

And yes, Angus Wilson, one of the editors died in a car crash in Cyprus soon after this was published and Simon Regan the other editor died in 2000.

Another site has popped up recently regarding this too: PEBPR - Possible Elite British Paedophilia Ring blogsite publishing articles allegedly written by Simon Regan about these sickening stories.

I don't know how much is true or has been edited or changed from the originals but this whole thing stinks to the stars.

• X201 15 Nov 2012 13:52:12 15,132 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Dave Lee Travis reported to be the person arrested this morning.
  • Deleted user 15 November 2012 14:11:05
    I expect Obama to be arrested any time now.
  • jellyhead 15 Nov 2012 14:14:14 24,350 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Was Obama a close friend and colleague of Jimmy Savile? If so then yup, he'll probably be called in. Oh wait, no he wouldn't he's a politician and therefore exempt.

I'd say this is more of a 'what did you know? What didn't you tell?' questioning though they will probably ask about the groping allegations brought about last month.

• nickthegun 15 Nov 2012 14:22:04 58,784 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    X201 wrote:
    Dave Lee Travis reported to be the person arrested this morning.
    HAIRY CORNFLAKE NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

---------------------------------------------------------
    He totally called it

• kalel 15 Nov 2012 14:22:49 86,344 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Wasn't Dave Lee Travis actually in the Brass Eye peado special?
  • nickthegun 15 Nov 2012 14:23:36 58,784 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Yeah. Next up: Bruno Brookes.

He totally called it

• nickthegun 15 Nov 2012 14:25:07 58,784 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Also, it makes you realise how these cunts kept their jobs at radio one for so long. Its like Logans Run over there at the moment, but these guys managed to cling on for decades.

He totally called it

• kalel 15 Nov 2012 14:25:14 86,344 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    LOL, a very Brass Eye-esque bit of copy from the Brass Eye entry on Wiki:

Around 3,000 complaints were received and politicians spoke out against Morris.[4] Beverley Hughes described the show as "unspeakably sick" but later admitted she had not seen it, and David Blunkett said he was "dismayed" by it. It later emerged that he also had not seen the episode, because he is blind.
  • graysonavich 15 Nov 2012 14:30:20 7,309 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    It's actually impossible not to read that last sentence in your head in any other voice than morris'
  • mcmothercruncher 15 Nov 2012 18:49:19 6,447 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    The DLT stuff isn't paedo-ish... yet.
    He is supposedly the live-on-air-boob-jiggler of fellow female presenters.
  • cheeky_prawnking 15 Nov 2012 18:53:04 4,261 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    graysonavich wrote:
    It's actually impossible not to read that last sentence in your head in any other voice than morris'
    I was thinking of the morriss here for some reason
  • thelzdking 15 Nov 2012 20:55:50 4,316 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    It seems that most of the BBC were Saviling in the '70s.
  • Lukus 15 Nov 2012 20:57:28 18,996 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Request to change the thread's name to Celebrity Paeodos, or something along those lines.

Paintings & Photographs

• Inertia 15 Nov 2012 21:01:23 676 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    If this carries on they'll only be playing Steve Wright TOTP repeats, Kid Jenson was on tonight but that name just sets the alarm bells ringing.
  • Lukus 15 Nov 2012 21:04:14 18,996 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Anyone heard the rumour about Jimmy Savile shitting in dressing room drawers before?

http://podbay.fm/show/453503238/e/1344374100?autostart=1

Skip to about 37 minutes in.

Paintings & Photographs

• Page

of 121 First / Last