The All New Bargains Thread Page 1178

  • Page

    of 1310 First / Last

  • theguy 12 Dec 2012 14:58:21 696 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Is there a point checking in Morrisons anymore for the games they had at absurd prices?
  • andytheadequate 12 Dec 2012 15:48:24 8,595 posts
    Seen 53 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @theguy - most stores didn't have any games availble, or only the slightly rubbish ones. Will almost certainly be nothing good left now, so don't waste your time looking (unless you do your weekly shop there)
  • Deleted user 13 December 2012 10:41:02
    Hukd reporting Smyth Toys are selling the 3d ps3 telly for 229.99 icl gt5 and kill zone 3.
    link
  • Commander-Keen 13 Dec 2012 10:49:55 896 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Interesting on the Guardian today re "bargains" on Amazon:

    http://www.guardian.co.uk/books/2012/dec/12/amazon-not-cheapest-books

    "a new study has found that Amazon is only the cheapest option on its top 20 bestsellers, with books further down the chart costing 14% more than competitors."

    Moot point for me as I'm boycotting them at the moment...
  • GuiltySpark 13 Dec 2012 10:57:30 6,602 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Lolcott. I'm sure your act of rebellion will surely go noticed, you sure showed them.

    Get bent.

  • Murbs 13 Dec 2012 11:05:12 22,809 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Amazon has never really been about being 'cheapest' though. They've never needed to be. It's about the convenience, the choice and undercutting the high street.
  • GuiltySpark 13 Dec 2012 11:10:32 6,602 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    And yet.. they're still damn cheap when I've come to use them. They're a brilliant website, and yet people still like to moan.

    Get bent.

  • ZuluHero 13 Dec 2012 11:15:25 4,522 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Amazon are the best, never had any trouble and the prices are great.
  • Commander-Keen 13 Dec 2012 11:16:12 896 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    GuiltySpark wrote:
    Lolcott. I'm sure your act of rebellion will surely go noticed, you sure showed them.
    Do I detect a note of sarcasm in this post? It's hard to tell as it's quite subtle if so.

    Of course, there are many reasons for shopping elsewhere, and not all of them are about sticking it to The Man. Simply, if an organisation doesn't reflect your own values, then why not be positive and go to an alternative who does?

    It's not about being negative or trying to hurt them, rather about being consistent with yourself and not just being an armchair critic - i.e. moaning about something, but not doing anything about it :)
  • Spunkweazle 13 Dec 2012 12:39:43 470 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @evilvort3x That and the MASSIVE tax theft

    http://www.scottyslittlesoldiers.co.uk/
    dedicated to supporting the children of men and women killed while serving with the British Armed Forces.

  • Mr-Brett 13 Dec 2012 12:51:23 13,261 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Ha! theft. I don't think that goes far enough, why not sensationalise it further? Tax Genocide!

    Level 37 Social Justice Warrior

  • Spunkweazle 13 Dec 2012 12:55:01 470 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    TAXOGEDON!!!

    http://www.scottyslittlesoldiers.co.uk/
    dedicated to supporting the children of men and women killed while serving with the British Armed Forces.

  • evilvort3x 13 Dec 2012 13:15:43 673 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Post deleted
  • Moot_Point 13 Dec 2012 13:26:42 4,708 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    128Gb Pen Drive. 46.97

    ================================================================================

    mowgli wrote: I thought the 1 married the .2 and founded Islam?

  • FatsoJetson 14 Dec 2012 09:58:03 311 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Hurry! UbiShop has a limited time promo offer on Assassin's Creed 3, selling the 360 and PS3 versions for the low, low price of wait for it 39.99.

    http://shop.ubi.com/store/ubiemea/en_GB/DisplayDynamicProductListPage/productID.252308300/productID.247035200/productID.247035100/productID.247035000?cid=64
  • TheSaint 14 Dec 2012 10:01:05 15,413 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Commander Keen wrote:
    GuiltySpark wrote:
    Lolcott. I'm sure your act of rebellion will surely go noticed, you sure showed them.
    Do I detect a note of sarcasm in this post? It's hard to tell as it's quite subtle if so.

    Of course, there are many reasons for shopping elsewhere, and not all of them are about sticking it to The Man. Simply, if an organisation doesn't reflect your own values, then why not be positive and go to an alternative who does?

    It's not about being negative or trying to hurt them, rather about being consistent with yourself and not just being an armchair critic - i.e. moaning about something, but not doing anything about it :)
    Good luck finding a big organisation that doesn't do at least a little creative accounting.
  • Commander-Keen 14 Dec 2012 10:14:04 896 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Of course. But there's creative and then there's creative. There's a line and I personally feel a few of these organisations have crossed it. It makes no difference for me to go to Costa rather than Starbucks - both taste like shit anyway. I still get my coffee and Costa pay more in tax. It's a little thing, but I personally think a positive one.

    If you don't like it, don't do it - but then also don't moan about the state of the economy, the lack of NHS hospital beds or the fact that the UK is turning into one massive bland high street. Simples. Piss or get off the pot, as they say oop north :)

    Edited by Commander Keen at 10:14:58 14-12-2012

    Edited by Commander Keen at 10:15:35 14-12-2012
  • Mr-Brett 14 Dec 2012 11:00:48 13,261 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    FatsoJetson wrote:
    Hurry! UbiShop has a limited time promo offer on Assassin's Creed 3, selling the 360 and PS3 versions for the low, low price of wait for it 39.99.

    http://shop.ubi.com/store/ubiemea/en_GB/DisplayDynamicProductListPage/productID.252308300/productID.247035200/productID.247035100/productID.247035000?cid=64
    20 for the PC version is actually pretty good though.

    Level 37 Social Justice Warrior

  • millerlfc 14 Dec 2012 11:13:51 412 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    www.gog.com have some daily deals going on, for the next 4 hours you have:
    Duke Nukem 3D - free!
    Wicther 2 - $7.49
    FTL: Faster than Light - $4.99
    ARMA 2 - $14.99

    They've also got a 50% sale on loads on 474 older games until January including Planescape Torment, Fallout games, Ultima games, Theme games, Jagged Alliance, Psychonauts...
  • FabricatedLunatic 14 Dec 2012 11:21:07 13,061 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Just picked up the first Witcher game from GOG for the equivalent of about 1.50. That'll do nicely.
  • Trog 14 Dec 2012 11:23:38 1 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    135 PS Vita Wifi + LBP. + 15Euros off game (doesn't include memory card) at German Amazon.

    Amazon Germany Link


    Source:
    HotUKDeals

    Probably today (14th) only.

    Edited by Trog at 11:25:20 14-12-2012 MkII

    Edited by Trog at 11:26:15 14-12-2012 MKIII

    Edited by Trog at 11:27:43 14-12-2012
  • Vortex808 14 Dec 2012 14:55:31 8,153 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    PenguinJim wrote:

    Topcashback'll probably drop that a bit. Oh, yes, Shopto are off Quidco and on TCB now.

    They've moved from quidco then? I guess I'll have to sign up for topcashback as well now.

    Do shopto do cashback on pre-orders at the new site by any chance? That was my only gripe about them on quidco, since Shopto usually get orders for stuff I *really* want by release day.
  • Widge Moderator 14 Dec 2012 15:57:26 13,821 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Commander Keen wrote:
    Interesting on the Guardian today re "bargains" on Amazon:

    http://www.guardian.co.uk/books/2012/dec/12/amazon-not-cheapest-books

    "a new study has found that Amazon is only the cheapest option on its top 20 bestsellers, with books further down the chart costing 14% more than competitors."

    Moot point for me as I'm boycotting them at the moment...
    Can be a standard business thing though. Worked at a place which operated a "core" price list. Suppliers come in and bid for business on the core price list. They tend to analyse the volumes on the core items, balance against potential spend on non-core and alter the prices on the lesser items to subsidise the volume items. You have to spend more if you go off core, but that is the trade off.

    _ _ _

    www.inverted-audio.com

  • Commander-Keen 14 Dec 2012 16:11:59 896 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    @Widge Yeah, that's true. I mean no one place has a monopoly on being cheaper on every item than another anyway - the rest would be out of business very quickly otherwise!

    It's just that there's a perception that the selling point of the likes of Amazon (vs say your local bookshop) is that it's always cheaper. So just interesting to see they are just human afterall!
  • the_dudefather 14 Dec 2012 16:16:36 9,558 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    the_dudefather wrote:
    Lego Lord of the rings has dropped to 25 on 360 on Amazon

    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Lego-Lord-Rings-Xbox-360/dp/B008CCNMQW/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1355262720&sr=8-1
    Now 20!

    /bitter because I bought it yesterday for a fiver more, but not enough to send it back and order it again

    (ง ͠ ͟ʖ ͡)

  • rtk79 14 Dec 2012 16:22:16 499 posts
    Seen 7 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    the_dudefather wrote:
    the_dudefather wrote:
    Lego Lord of the rings has dropped to 25 on 360 on Amazon

    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Lego-Lord-Rings-Xbox-360/dp/B008CCNMQW/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1355262720&sr=8-1
    Now 20!

    /bitter because I bought it yesterday for a fiver more, but not enough to send it back and order it again
    If you take the time to pester the Amazon help desk, they'll refund the difference.
  • the_dudefather 14 Dec 2012 16:35:11 9,558 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    @rtk79 cheers, might give that a go, especially since I had a 'guaranteed' delivery date of today and it didn't arrive

    (ง ͠ ͟ʖ ͡)

  • 1Dgaf 14 Dec 2012 18:03:18 4,106 posts
    Seen 47 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    ShopTo have Saints Row 3 GOTy ('full package') for 19.85. Didn't check if it's the same price on PS3.

    http://www.shopto.net/xbox360/XB2SA18-saints-row-the-third-the-full-package

    Edited by 1Dgaf at 18:03:46 14-12-2012

    Edited by 1Dgaf at 18:04:08 14-12-2012

    Edited by 1Dgaf at 20:05:09 14-12-2012

    www.hatchetjob.com - more than games. "Seemingly trivial, surprisingly deep"

    www.isawthatyearsago.com - a retro film podcast

  • Page

    of 1310 First / Last

Log in or register to reply