The All New Bargains Thread Page 1161

• Page

of 1272 First / Last

• PenguinJim 4 Oct 2012 10:56:40 5,811 posts
    Seen 28 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    NeverEatYellowSnow wrote:
    Has anyone had/got the official Bluetooth headset for the Xbox? If so is any good? Clarity, no echoes etc....

19.99 in game, looking to pick one up.
    It's 18.85 at Shopto, but if you order, monitor your order closely - they've been having a few problems since August. It's a few pennies more at Amazon if they float your boat (but no Quidco/instore points).

If you're spending ~20 anyway, I'd also suggest considering ~30 for a pair of (wired) Turtle Beach X12s with integrated headset thingy. :)
  • evild_edd 4 Oct 2012 11:05:04 3,057 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    That Game deal sounds good, but leaves me nervous they'll change the games to trade-in list :S

The Game 229 for wifi Vita + LBPV + Uncharted + FIFA 13 + 4gb card is very, very tempting. If I wasn't painfully skint I'd be buying that on a whim. Mind you, it's out of stock online anyway (assume they're still doing it in-store?)

Such a shame that Sony insist on ripping off the Vita customer base with expensive and inadequately-sized meomory cards. It ramps up the cost of buying the console when you know you'll need to fork out for the cards.

Why look, it's a blog:
    http://www.edwardlaven.blogspot.co.uk

• ram 4 Oct 2012 13:00:21 3,476 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I've just pre-ordered Hitman Asbo PC download for 20.25 at greenmangaming using code GMG25-EVFWS-4Z4ZN
  • Deleted user 4 October 2012 15:02:11
    PenguinJim wrote:
    Has anyone had/got the official Bluetooth headset for the Xbox? If so is any good? Clarity, no echoes etc....

It's 18.85 at Shopto, but if you order, monitor your order closely - they've been having a few problems since August. It's a few pennies more at Amazon if they float your boat (but no Quidco/instore points).

If you're spending ~20 anyway, I'd also suggest considering ~30 for a pair of (wired) Turtle Beach X12s with integrated headset thingy. :)
    Cheers for the info PJ, I already have the TB X41's which I couldn't do without, just wanted a mic at hand for the times I manage to play through the home cinema.
  • Deleted user 4 October 2012 15:05:35
    evild_edd wrote:
    That Game deal sounds good, but leaves me nervous they'll change the games to trade-in list :S

The Game 229 for wifi Vita + LBPV + Uncharted + FIFA 13 + 4gb card is very, very tempting. If I wasn't painfully skint I'd be buying that on a whim. Mind you, it's out of stock online anyway (assume they're still doing it in-store?)

Such a shame that Sony insist on ripping off the Vita customer base with expensive and inadequately-sized meomory cards. It ramps up the cost of buying the console when you know you'll need to fork out for the cards.
    Had them in store in 'Game' that I was at this morning. It's a really tempting offer, but I just can't get away with handheld gaming for some reason. Play it until the novelty value wears off then in the draw it goes.
  • Deleted user 4 October 2012 15:08:54
    could anyone also recommend a wired pad for FPS over the wireless one?
    Do they make that much of a difference.

Was looking at the razer tournament onza before but really prefer a wireless option due to less clutter.

Edited by NeverEatYellowSnow at 15:09:55 04-10-2012
  • psychokitten Moderator 4 Oct 2012 15:14:50 7,794 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Depends how far away you sit, really.
    I love using the Onza TE (for FPS's), but the build quality is shocking. I'm on my second, so while I love using it, I can't say I recommend it.
  • Deleted user 4 October 2012 15:21:23
    psychokitten wrote:
    I love using the Onza TE (for FPS's), but the build quality is shocking. I'm on my second, so while I love using it, I can't say I recommend it.
    I've read about the build being pretty poor, I only sit around 4-5ft away from my console tbh. I'm assuming no input lag using wired?
  • robthehermit 4 Oct 2012 15:26:41 4,026 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    PenguinJim wrote:

Cheers for the info PJ, I already have the TB X41's which I couldn't do without, just wanted a mic at hand for the times I manage to play through the home cinema.
    I've got one. It's pretty good.

GT: robthehermit

Velim esset mundus iustus futuis procul et mori.

• Deleted user 4 October 2012 16:15:11
    robthehermit wrote:
    PenguinJim wrote:

On par with the official wired Microsoft one rob?

Remember having a throat one before and I sounded like Stephen Hawkins!
  • psychokitten Moderator 4 Oct 2012 16:37:17 7,794 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    psychokitten wrote:
    I've read about the build being pretty poor, I only sit around 4-5ft away from my console tbh. I'm assuming no input lag using wired?
    Nope, can't fault the controller in that sense. No lag and great response.

I love the tension adjuster and extra buttons, the build quality is just too poor. On both I had, separate buttons broke and thumbsticks tore. One is down to the plastic stub, so I need to glue a bit of rubber onto it since they refused to replace it. If they sorted the quality out, I'd recommend it in a heartbeat, but it costs too much for it to break after a few months use.
  • Deleted user 4 October 2012 17:04:42
    psychokitten wrote:
    psychokitten wrote:

I love the tension adjuster and extra buttons, the build quality is just too poor. On both I had, separate buttons broke and thumbsticks tore. One is down to the plastic stub, so I need to glue a bit of rubber onto it since they refused to replace it. If they sorted the quality out, I'd recommend it in a heartbeat, but it costs too much for it to break after a few months use.
    Thanks for the response, I'll see if I can search out an alternative or if anything else is on the horizon. :)
  • JayG 4 Oct 2012 18:38:44 841 posts
    Seen 43 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    ram wrote:
    I've just pre-ordered Hitman Asbo PC download for 20.25 at greenmangaming using code GMG25-EVFWS-4Z4ZN
    Just in case anyone missed this, that 25% is for all PC downloads except UFO. Grabbed Hitman, and very tempted to get ASS Creed 3 for the same price.
  • FuzzyDuck 5 Oct 2012 09:38:46 4,008 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    If any of ye folkies are in Ireland, i picked up a shiny, sealed copy of inFamous 2 last night with my grocery shop at Tesco for 15 (i know it's on PS+ but i got a freebie sub and don't have the bandwidth for it).
  • the_dudefather 5 Oct 2012 10:15:25 9,266 posts
    Seen 11 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    JayG wrote:
    ram wrote:
    Just in case anyone missed this, that 25% is for all PC downloads except UFO. Grabbed Hitman, and very tempted to get ASS Creed 3 for the same price.
    They must've just removed XCOM from the offer, got that a few days ago with the voucher

Preordered Dishonored last night through them too, shame you don't get the key until day of release though, so no preloading :(

Edited by the_dudefather at 10:16:06 05-10-2012

(ง ͠ ͟ʖ ͡)

• PenguinJim 5 Oct 2012 10:56:34 5,811 posts
    Seen 28 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Pre-purchased. :p
  • robthehermit 5 Oct 2012 11:28:53 4,026 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    @NeverEatYellowSnow Better in my opinion. I always struggled with the wired headsets and would get tangled up. Also, as and added bonus, you can use it with your phone (if you don't mind walking around with Xbox written on the side of your head).

It's quite comfortable too. Certainly a lot more so than the original wireless headset. I was initially concerned about the apparent flimsiness of the ear loop, but haven't had any problems with it.

GT: robthehermit

Velim esset mundus iustus futuis procul et mori.

• Tricky 5 Oct 2012 11:42:08 4,371 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    psychokitten wrote:
    psychokitten wrote:

Thanks for the response, I'll see if I can search out an alternative or if anything else is on the horizon. :)
    Mad Catz MLG Pad - this thing is built to last.
  • mikew1985 5 Oct 2012 11:47:41 12,652 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    robthehermit wrote:
    PenguinJim wrote:

It is good but if sporadic use is the aim the battery doesn't really hold a charge well and it will invariably not be charged the odd time you do want to use it.
  • Deleted user 5 October 2012 13:00:42
    Mike/Rob

Cheers for info, I'll probably just keep it on charge, think it just charges through a USB so I'd just keep it plugged in to the Xbox.

Thanks fellas
  • George-Roper 5 Oct 2012 14:05:05 704 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    the_dudefather wrote:
    JayG wrote:
    ram wrote:
    They must've just removed XCOM from the offer, got that a few days ago with the voucher

Preordered Dishonored last night through them too, shame you don't get the key until day of release though, so no preloading :(
    Yep, looks like the XCOM deal has changed now. You get a free Civ 5 with it instead I think.

Edited by George-Roper at 14:05:19 05-10-2012
  • Zomoniac 5 Oct 2012 14:15:31 7,821 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Tricky wrote:
    Mad Catz MLG Pad - this thing is built to last.
    Shouldn't you really put a disclaimer on that post? ;)
  • Deleted user 5 October 2012 21:15:45
    Any one tried or got a scuf controller, or heard any positives/negatives? Except the price :)
  • DUFFMAN5 7 Oct 2012 08:16:26 14,540 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Dark Souls PTD edition: 20 on 360/ps3 at Amazon. This may have been reduced already, but just in case you guys don't know. I'm having some of that for a score...never played the game.

Edited by DUFFMAN5 at 09:15:48 07-10-2012

"Duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem! Oh, yeah!"

• Deleted user 7 October 2012 08:57:44
    @DUFFMAN5

DS is worth 40!

Great game

Enjoy
  • MrWonderstuff 7 Oct 2012 12:07:26 1,925 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @DUFFMAN5 Playing this at the moment. Not quite as enamoured with this as others. Bit obtuse in its design. Just use the wiki as its very complicated and unforgiving. Not sure I will finish this with xcom around the corner.

Edited by MrWonderstuff at 12:08:08 07-10-2012
  • YenRug 7 Oct 2012 14:22:15 2,108 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Batman Arkham Asylum/City GOTY bundles for PS3/Xbox360/PC in Zavvi Mega Monday:

PS3 - 29.95

Xbox360 - 29.95

PC - 24.95

Edited by YenRug at 14:22:36 07-10-2012
  • DUFFMAN5 7 Oct 2012 14:35:52 14,540 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    @YenRug
    I have just seen those, good value...shame it is zavvi selling them.

...should take my own advice and leave well alone, but I have pre ordered I had 10% off, so just under 27 for both seemed too good a deal. I like owning GOTY's of games. Let us see if they can get the format right this time!

Edited by DUFFMAN5 at 15:22:57 07-10-2012

• YenRug 7 Oct 2012 16:31:28 2,108 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @DUFFMAN5

I've not played either of them. *SHOCK*HORROR*

Half-tempted, but I also have Wii U on pre-order and there's a version of Arkham City coming for that, so it's half-a-dozen of one, six of another situation.
  • DUFFMAN5 7 Oct 2012 17:35:12 14,540 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    @YenRug
    WOW ;)
    The first Batman is a stunning game, trully one of the stand out action adventure games of all time, you really need to play it. If there ever was a 10/10 game it is it.

As for AC, I did have it and was not overly impressed, it is more open world which for some reason put me off. I didn't give it enough time though,hence getting the GOTY.

It is very good value.

• Page

of 1272 First / Last