Rocksmith Page 3

• Page

of 20 First / Last

• Rusty_M 23 Aug 2012 14:56:29 4,565 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    There's a PC version? Fantastic!

The world is going mad. Me? I'm doing fine.

• GuiltySpark 23 Aug 2012 15:42:13 6,320 posts
    Seen 53 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Anyone tried the bass DLC yet?

Get bent.

• wobbly_Bob 15 Sep 2012 08:44:49 1,603 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    This is out soon. I got the bundle on pre-order! I'm really looking forwad to this! Any one else thinking of getting it?
  • DUFFMAN5 15 Sep 2012 08:57:02 14,377 posts
    Seen 45 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    wobbly_Bob wrote:
    This is out soon. I got the bundle on pre-order! I'm really looking forwad to this! Any one else thinking of getting it?
    I have pre ordered the complete bundle on 360 twice...and cancelled twice!
    I have watched loads of vids and while it does sound and look great, I'm going to carry on with my 1 hour a week playing! :(
    I think I will wait for more user reviews and maybe get from amazon when it drops in price (80-90 for the lot)

I thought I would get it, to give me a kick up the arse re practicing, but with Borderlands 2 and Dishonoured out in a matter of weeks, I don't see how I will practice with RS.

I hope you enjoy, and will look forward to reading your thoughts.
    What lvl of player are you ?
    I have played for over 10 years...however I can hand on heart say if you condensed my practice time down it would not amount to a year of playing...I think I can play around 5 songs (straight up) and can't do lead for love nor money. I wish I had more discipline and I love the guitar, be it classical, pop or heavy rock etc...
    ...one day

"Duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem! Oh, yeah!"

• wobbly_Bob 15 Sep 2012 10:29:39 1,603 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I have never played... So I'm scared lol I have always wanted to play though and love guitar based music like rock, blues,and so on. I know it's going to be a huge learning curve and very difficult for me but I'm looking forwad to the challenge. I really enjoy learning new things.

On reading the U.S amazon customer reviews it seems nearly evey one likes it and many say that it really is a great learning tool and it's good at keeping you motivated, so lets hope I find the same! I will certainly ley you know how I find it :)

As you have experience with guitars, do you think I should buy some spare strings?

Edited by wobbly_Bob at 10:30:49 15-09-2012
  • DUFFMAN5 15 Sep 2012 10:32:50 14,377 posts
    Seen 45 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Yes ;) and a few picks.
    Hopefully you will be playing like the Green God, Buckingham or Gilmour in no time.
    Good luck

• wobbly_Bob 15 Sep 2012 13:12:50 1,603 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I think I'm going to need it! lol

I wil get some extra picks and strings. Are all strings the same or should I be looking for a certain type our size?
  • wobbly_Bob 27 Sep 2012 10:18:41 1,603 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    *bump* :)

This is out tomorrow! I have to wait till next week as I'm getting it for my birthday. For those getting it, It would be great to hear your impressions of it! How are you getting on with it?

Any one picking this up tomorrow?
  • spindle9988 27 Sep 2012 10:38:31 3,485 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I am gonna get this 2moz. I have my guitar rotting in my wardrobe so it would be good to get it out again
  • mcmonkeyplc 27 Sep 2012 10:43:35 39,384 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I'm buying this too. Really need to get back on it.

Come and get it cumslingers!

• nickthegun 27 Sep 2012 11:12:49 58,782 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Same. I bought a guitar and gave up when it got hard and boring, so this seems perfect.

---------------------------------------------------------
    He totally called it

• spindle9988 27 Sep 2012 12:01:21 3,485 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Guitar Hero made think playing the guitar would be easy. I paid 200 notes for a guitar and had 2 lessons.

Edited by spindle9988 at 12:01:59 27-09-2012
  • Rusty_M 27 Sep 2012 12:09:08 4,565 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I wish I could afford this right now. Will have to wait until after the MOT.

My guitar is fortunately not rotting though.

• wobbly_Bob 27 Sep 2012 19:33:04 1,603 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Aaaarg! Amazon says order dispatched and estimated to arrive tomorrow... Now I have to wait a whole week with it in the flat! Torture! So itching to play!
  • mcmothercruncher 27 Sep 2012 22:11:14 6,422 posts
    Seen 44 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I was... and still am... really interested in this, but, at the release of the US version there were plenty of complaints about lag. And it seems to me that, if you're to play the "game" and hit notes at the right time, the lag will be a real issue.

Does anyone know, did they ever patch things and improve the input lag?
  • MadCaddy13 27 Sep 2012 22:25:36 1,856 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I doubt this will make people guitar players. They might get an idea but that's about it.
    It takes a lot of hard work, time n patience to properly play one and most people just want to play a game.
    After a while you'll sell the geetar on eBay
    Looking for the quick n easy way - there ain't one!
  • mcmothercruncher 27 Sep 2012 22:32:38 6,422 posts
    Seen 44 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    How about just combing your two favourite hobbies and having fun?
  • wobbly_Bob 27 Sep 2012 23:08:57 1,603 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    mcmothercruncher wrote:
    I was... and still am... really interested in this, but, at the release of the US version there were plenty of complaints about lag. And it seems to me that, if you're to play the "game" and hit notes at the right time, the lag will be a real issue.

Does anyone know, did they ever patch things and improve the input lag?
    If your tv has a game mode then turn that on. Dont use hdmi for your audio out. Run your audio out into a sterio or amp or use component ( plugged in as well as hdmi ) so your visual is hdmi and the component is for audio via the tv or again exter al audio out. Plus there are loads of sliders and stuff in the menus for off setting lag.

From what I have read if you follow the advice and set the game up right the isnt a lag problem.

Edited by wobbly_Bob at 23:18:49 27-09-2012
  • wobbly_Bob 27 Sep 2012 23:17:46 1,603 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    MadCaddy13 wrote:
    I doubt this will make people guitar players. They might get an idea but that's about it.
    It takes a lot of hard work, time n patience to properly play one and most people just want to play a game.
    After a while you'll sell the geetar on eBay
    Looking for the quick n easy way - there ain't one!
    I think you are being over cynical. Most reviews have made it clear that it's a teaching tool more than it's a game. The idea is to make learning fun. I'm certainly aware (and think most are) that playing a giutar or any instrument takes dedication and time and that it's far from easy! Also there are plenty of online sites thst can fill gaps in your knowledge.

From what I have read people are loving this and it's helping to improve or to teach. Is it for everybody? No. but then what it's? If this can inspire people to get into music, if only a 1/4 stick with it thats gotta be good huh?

I'm not sure I'm cut out to play music and I certainly dont expect to be a master but I'm really looking forward to the challenge. If it's too difficult for me, so be it, but I tried.
  • MatMan562 28 Sep 2012 10:05:44 2,304 posts
    Seen 52 seconds ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    So I can play the guitar relatively ok but i'm finding it really hard to learn chords, scales and the like. Does anyone know whether this is likely to help with that?

XBL/ PSN/ Steam/ NNID - MatMan562

• wobbly_Bob 28 Sep 2012 11:13:28 1,603 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Yeah, it should. There are mini games for just those things called scale runner and chord of the undead. They help make repition fun and help you with them. There are other.mini games for other aspects and also video tutorials.
  • DUFFMAN5 28 Sep 2012 11:41:55 14,377 posts
    Seen 45 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    @wobbly_Bob

Good lad
    G, Am and D will take you far ;)

• Rusty_M 28 Sep 2012 12:19:35 4,565 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Nah, G, D and C do a lot of songs. I don't know about Rocksmith, but I know a lot just using those chords (sometimes with a capo)
    Sweet Home Alabama
    If I Had A Million Dollars along with some other Barenaked Ladies songs.
    Werewolves of London

• mcmothercruncher 28 Sep 2012 12:27:23 6,422 posts
    Seen 44 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    So, I'd need to have a separate audio set-up just for this one game and remember to adjust the PS3 audio settings each time I launch it and reset them before playing any other games. Pain in the musical arse.

Doesn't mean I won't buy it though ;)
  • MatMan562 28 Sep 2012 12:56:12 2,304 posts
    Seen 52 seconds ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    wobbly_Bob wrote:
    Yeah, it should. There are mini games for just those things called scale runner and chord of the undead. They help make repition fun and help you with them. There are other.mini games for other aspects and also video tutorials.
    Ah, cheers! That sounds like it would really help.

Does it support any guitar or only specific ones? If my guitar (BC Rich Metal Master Warlock something or other) is compatible then I think i'll get it.

• wobbly_Bob 28 Sep 2012 13:20:11 1,603 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    No problem :)

Yeah it suports any standard electric guitar so there is no reason why it shouldnt. One advice I have read is that if your giutar had been sitting unused for a long time ypu might want to get new strings for it.
  • MatMan562 28 Sep 2012 13:59:05 2,304 posts
    Seen 52 seconds ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Excellent, thanks again! My strings shouldn't be too bad but i'll bear them in mind if I have any problems, thanks!

• Rusty_M 28 Sep 2012 14:20:05 4,565 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    wobbly_Bob wrote:
    No problem :).gif" class="smilie" alt=":)" />

Yeah it suports any standard electric guitar so there is no reason why it shouldnt. One advice I have read is that if your giutar had been sitting unused for a long time ypu might want to get new strings for it.
    Yes. Old strings get a bit stiff, and sound dull. They can also be quite dirty.

It can also be played with an electro-acoustic.

• wobbly_Bob 28 Sep 2012 14:48:30 1,603 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Woot! Mine has arrived. Its gonna be a week of torture lol
  • wobbly_Bob 28 Sep 2012 19:27:53 1,603 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Seen this Justin guitar recommended a lot. Its many free guitar tutorials, and help. It can fill in the gapd that rock smith leaves and also give you sn extra help.

Goid luck ... And may the rock be with you!
  • Page

of 20 First / Last