Rocksmith Page 19

• Page

of 20 First / Last

• GuiltySpark 2 Dec 2013 12:58:51 6,324 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Red_Bool wrote:
    One thing that I really miss, compared to the original, is the replay feature. I.e. the getting to listen back to how crap you really are at the end of the song :). The original Rocksmith had this, but 2014 seems to be missing it (or have I overlooked a menu setting?)
    That was an awful feature, it's like the biggest ego drop ever after you've just rocked out and then you realise how shit you actually sounded.

I prefer to live in ignorance.

Get bent.

• HitchHiker 2 Dec 2013 12:59:13 2,762 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    The Chord Book is under the Tools option, CTRL on the PC. Dig around in Tools and it's there somewhere.
  • HitchHiker 2 Dec 2013 13:06:35 2,762 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I'm a bit perplexed with chords when playing through songs. It starts off with just notes then as you get better it introduces chords but rather than show a whole chord, I get stuff like -

<------------
    [ ]
    <------------

And I have no idea what any of that means. They don't even conform to the chord shapes in the Chord Book.
  • Nazo 2 Dec 2013 15:41:28 341 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Have you done the chords 101 lesson?
  • HitchHiker 2 Dec 2013 17:51:04 2,762 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Yeah, didn't help.
  • orpheus 2 Dec 2013 18:33:55 994 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Gaaaaaahhh the new one has Uplay built in.

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

:(

Edit: Uplay is updating at NINETEEN KB A SECOND AAARGH KILL IT WITH ALL THE THINGS

Edited by orpheus at 18:41:50 02-12-2013
  • neems 2 Dec 2013 18:53:46 1,160 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    HitchHiker wrote:
    I'm a bit perplexed with chords when playing through songs. It starts off with just notes then as you get better it introduces chords but rather than show a whole chord, I get stuff like -

<------------
    [ ]
    <------------

And I have no idea what any of that means. They don't even conform to the chord shapes in the Chord Book.

I'm not sure if this is what you are referring to, but sometimes the game will ask you to play individual notes, while indicating which chord shape you should be fretting.
  • StixxUK 2 Dec 2013 20:35:41 7,232 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    OK... after my very favourable impressions, I have to say this is really pissing me off now.

Won't load my profile at all, works if I create a new one but then won't register any input from the guitar at all.

Tried reinstalling, deleting ini files and playing with realtone hardware settings all to no avail.

Bizarre after it worked so flawlessly yesterday.

This is really reminding me why I gave up on PC gaming.
  • HitchHiker 2 Dec 2013 20:47:07 2,762 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    @neems I noticed it on Knocking on Heavens Door, which was the first song I tried. A mistake really as that was far too ambitious :)
  • neems 2 Dec 2013 23:04:57 1,160 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @HitchHiker

I just had a look (never really played it)... basically the lead part for Knockin on Heaven's Door is just individual notes from the chords. So if you see a blue note at the 2nd fret, surrounded by open squares, you only need to play the blue note. The open squares are showing you the other notes in the chord - the easiest way to play it is to fret the chords, but only play the specific notes.

That is possibly the worst explanation ever, sorry. Try playing the rhythm part first, it'll make more sense. Learn the chords, and you'll see what the lead part is doing.
  • HitchHiker 3 Dec 2013 14:44:25 2,762 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Thanks neems, I went back to the songs at the top of the list. Obviously, I chose the lead path to start when rhythm would probably be better for a beginner. Trying to run before I walk :)
  • GuiltySpark 3 Dec 2013 14:52:27 6,324 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    The tuner on this seems way more temperamental than on the first Rocksmith. Overall though, really enjoying it.

There seems to be way more songs with non-standard tuning though, which can definitely be a pain (even on a bass).

Get bent.

• Rhythm 3 Dec 2013 19:02:07 2,471 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    If you missed the 20 offer at Game from yesterday the PC download version is $33 at Amazon US today. Works out as 20, you just need a US zipcode for your billing address
  • Rhythm 3 Dec 2013 19:02:42 2,471 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    HitchHiker wrote:
    Thanks neems, I went back to the songs at the top of the list. Obviously, I chose the lead path to start when rhythm would probably be better for a beginner. Trying to run before I walk :)
    I am very gentle on beginners. It's all in the fingering
  • HitchHiker 3 Dec 2013 19:12:26 2,762 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Lol. That took me a second or two. :)
  • RichieTenenbaum 3 Dec 2013 19:28:31 2,181 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    This is brilliant. I'm loving it so much more than the first one. I love the idea of mastering the songs and getting a percentage, rather than muddling through and learning half a song just to unlock the songs you want to play.

Practicing till I can't take the pain now.
  • mcmothercruncher 5 Dec 2013 12:08:32 6,488 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Oh dear, fucking hating this so far. Mind you, I haven't got past the UPlay login (which e game won't accept, despite being able to log in fine on a computer), the dudebro "raaacksmith" cunt doing the voicing and the atrocity that is the tuner. How have they managed to make such a hard to use tuner? Unskippable too initially, well done Ubisoft.

Sure it gets better, if I can ever play it :evil:
  • 1Dgaf 5 Dec 2013 13:17:07 3,788 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    On the 360 you can play offline. I'm not sure if the uplay stuff is needed.

I've spent a couple of hours on it wihtout any issues.

www.hatchetjob.com - more than games. "Seemingly trivial, surprisingly deep"

• mcmothercruncher 5 Dec 2013 13:26:39 6,488 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Cheers mate, in now and pleased it's all so much quicker.
    I thought I'd see if I could get away with using HDMI for sound this time too so that I don't need to twat about choosing analogue audio before booting, with a bit of adjustment it's absolutely fine.

There's a lot about the presentation that still really rubs me up the wrong way, basically it's all a bit "woooo! let's RAACK!" and, given I've said that I've played Rocksmith before, a bit too much hand holding. Overall, a bit improvement though.
  • StixxUK 5 Dec 2013 13:37:12 7,232 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    If there's a way to get the PC version to not try and log into u play, I'd love to know!
  • Dave_McCoy 5 Dec 2013 14:59:36 2,771 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    This is much more user friendly than RS1. Loving the quicker menus and loading times. Just played the outro of Knights of Cydonia and it sounds fantastic. With that, and the settings on We Are the Champions, I didn't know my guitar could sound so good.
  • GuiltySpark 5 Dec 2013 15:17:46 6,324 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Okey dokey, I have two profiles on my Xbox. I use on to play on bass, and my mate uses the other one to play on guitar with multiplayer.

Unlike Rocksmith 1, it doesn't seem to be saving his progress though, which means starting at a pisseasy level each time. Is there a way around this or am I missing something?

Get bent.

• neems 5 Dec 2013 20:23:00 1,160 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    You can use Riff Repeater to alter the difficulty level of a track, I don't know if it works in multiplayer though. You highlight the whole track (shoulder buttons) and raise the difficulty level, then simply resume the song instead of starting the repeater.
  • Nazo 6 Dec 2013 08:50:43 341 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Is there anywhere that teaches you about scales? It wants me play scale warriors but as it hasn't mentioned anything about scales previously it feels like I'm just playing random notes. It's a bit of an odd inclusion if there aren't any lessons on it.
  • mcmothercruncher 6 Dec 2013 08:53:55 6,488 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Isn't there a small shot of the fretboard with the scale mapped out underneath as you play? Sure I saw that in my (brief) play yesterday.
  • StixxUK 6 Dec 2013 09:48:53 7,232 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Not that familiar with all the features yet but one good way to learn scales is to go into session mode, pick a scale and play to the metronome.

Got this working properly at last (ser the app to always launch as administrator) and am back to the opinion that it's utterly brilliant.
  • kinky_mong 6 Dec 2013 09:58:11 9,984 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Is there not a lesson on scales as well? I'm sure there was in the first game but haven't looked at the lessons properly in this one so they might have removed it for some strange reason.

I'll never get my Orc looking the same again.

• TFM_Excalibur 6 Dec 2013 16:49:33 1,015 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Anyone needing a guitar? Selling my 2014 edition les Paul as sold my 360 :(
  • orpheus 7 Dec 2013 15:37:27 994 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Thoroughly enjoying this, much more so than the first one. Interface much better, load speeds much better, riff repeater a shitton better. Even prefer the more sensitive tuner; I found the one in the first game would take a while to pick up on slightly out of tune strings. This one seems to pick them up straight away.

7.99 for the transfer DLC is a bit of a sting though.
  • mcmothercruncher 7 Dec 2013 20:18:34 6,488 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Is anyone using an active guitar or bass?
    The game is fine with my regular guitars but seems to hate me active bass. It's constantly moaning about the volume being too low, despite the actual level being fine through the amp. I could put up with the game whining at me, but it's thinking I'm missing a load of notes because it can't hear them.

In other news, I've note played bass with my fingers for ages, currently sporting a couple of excellent blisters on my index and middle fingers :cool:
  • Page

of 20 First / Last