Rocksmith Page 18

• Page

of 20 First / Last

• Red_Bool 7 Nov 2013 08:42:54 1,173 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Got this yesterday. After going through the initial Arctic Monkeys song (on the lowest difficulty setting) and spending my leftover points (now euros) on importing the old songs, I jumped straight to Everlong \m/ :D It seems I'm a bit rusty...

The Ramones was fun to do though :). First impression is that this is a *huge* improvement. It's so easy to switch difficulty, access the riff repeater...it's all so streamlined now.

One minor niggle is that it didn't import my progress from the original Rocksmith, so all songs are reset - but that's only minor.

Session mode is also something special. Tried it with some simple drums and bass and it really feels and sounds like you're jamming with a band.
  • Chopsen 7 Nov 2013 08:58:41 15,967 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    The riff repeater is great, though I found the options/settings a bit obscure. Was that even in the original rocksmith?

I've basically got a really pretty version of guitar pro 6 now.
  • DUFFMAN5 7 Nov 2013 09:07:45 14,666 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Got this a week or two back(360), yet to start it though. I liked the original version, did have some faults though, I hope they have been ironed out.

"Duffman the grey is thrusting in the direction of the problem! Oh, yeah!"

• kinky_mong 7 Nov 2013 10:05:32 10,276 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Chopsen wrote:
    The riff repeater is great, though I found the options/settings a bit obscure. Was that even in the original rocksmith?
    The riff repeater was in the first game but it was a pain in the arse to use. Buried behind unintuitive menus, 3 different options but only one of them was any good to use, and you had to keep backing out and retuning every time you wanted to do a different phrase.

All the eurogamers who actually play with each other on xbl rather than just post pseudointellectual pc handwringing bollocks on the forums, love the shit out of biggy.

• Red_Bool 7 Nov 2013 10:26:12 1,173 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    kinky_mong wrote:
    Chopsen wrote:
    The riff repeater was in the first game but it was a pain in the arse to use. Buried behind unintuitive menus, 3 different options but only one of them was any good to use, and you had to keep backing out and retuning every time you wanted to do a different phrase.
    Yep. Thankfully that's all gone now. You can even jump into it right from the song you're playing. You can repeat any section for as many times as you want. It now also has loads of options (of which I have no idea what they do, except for 'speed' and 'difficult' :)).
  • Nazo 7 Nov 2013 10:44:13 354 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Has anyone got the PS3 version? I heard there were problems importing the original songs, anyone got any experience with this?
  • AcidSnake 25 Nov 2013 17:25:25 7,268 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Just a heads up that tomorrow the 2014 edition will go on sale at amazon...
    I bought last years version at that very sale and it was quite discounted though I can't remember by how much exactly...

I intend to get it tomorrow :)

AcidSnake - He can't see your sig, avatar, images or vids and talks about himself in the third person because he's proper old-skool...UID 24017

• mcmothercruncher 26 Nov 2013 13:10:49 7,069 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    ^ Good shout, just took the plunge. The 2014 edition is on for 25... got to be quick thought, 50% are sold already.

I've played the original a lot, but must admit, every time I wondered what game to put on, the awful menu system put me off loading up Rocksmith lately. Look forward to a much more streamlined experience (apparently).
  • GuiltySpark 26 Nov 2013 13:26:39 6,385 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Just got mine for the 360, it initially said they had all been claimed but it came back up, not really sure how it works.

Hooray regardless! I feel the same way as mcmothercruncher, the menus on Rocksmith are completely awful. Hopefully this'll be better.

Get bent.

• Dave_McCoy 26 Nov 2013 14:55:51 2,775 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I too snapped it up. Still seems to be 42 in most shops so not a bad price. Thought I was going to miss it though with the very dodgy 3G I have at work.
  • Red_Bool 26 Nov 2013 15:31:36 1,173 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Rest assured, the menu system is soooo much better than in the original!

I imported the songs from the original (costs about 10 euro) and then sold it :)
  • mcmothercruncher 26 Nov 2013 15:56:43 7,069 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I'll pay 5-10 to import the original songs (fucking music industry, jeeees), then sell the original for 15 odd quid and I can take another fiver off of the price of 2014, winner :)
  • DUFFMAN5 26 Nov 2013 16:44:13 14,666 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Very topical, I loaded up 2014 for the first time today, had it since release. The menus are so much better than the previous edition, and swifter. I think the tune up is worse however. Lots to see and do of course, it had trouble picking up the Low E around the F#,G note.

Played on my 360 with wireless surrounds and only the slightest of lag. First time I have played* an electric guitar in months, only an hour or so, but fook me my left hand finger tips are sore :) oh and i'm shit.

*not played for more than a few hours over the previous year (s), so once again playing catch up! my weapon of choice is Classical guitar.

"Duffman the grey is thrusting in the direction of the problem! Oh, yeah!"

• Nazo 26 Nov 2013 18:26:21 354 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I grabbed it in the sale too, cheers for the heads-up, I've been waiting for the price to drop a bit.
  • muddyyfunster 28 Nov 2013 12:57:24 24 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Nazo wrote:
    Has anyone got the PS3 version? I heard there were problems importing the original songs, anyone got any experience with this?
    I have the PS3 version and had no issues importing songs. I actually have the US version of Rocksmith but it was still ok. DLC bought on the US PSN store does not appear, but Euro DLC bought previously is imported fine.

Generally really enjoying it. A significant improvement in all areas except the tuner which seems very finicky, especially on the high e.

I have two electric guitars, the Rockband 3 Squier and a Yamaha Pacifica 012. With the Squier I couldn't get it to accept some tunings at all making certain songs unplayable. With the Yamaha I haven't had any significant issues suggesting that 2014 is much less tolerant or poor intonation (a weakness of the Squier).

From what I've read if your guitar is fairly old having issues it might be worth getting it professionally adjusted.

Once past the tuner it seems better at registering notes in game with less notes missed and less notes wrongly awarded as hit. Maybe as a direct consequence of the tuner being less forgiving to the original?
  • Humperfunk 28 Nov 2013 13:01:39 2,242 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    I have the PS3 version and still can't import the songs from the first game. Annoying.

PSN, XBL & NNID: Wedjwants

• mcmothercruncher 28 Nov 2013 14:06:25 7,069 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Humperfunk wrote:
    I have the PS3 version and still can't import the songs from the first game. Annoying.
    I'll be extremely fucked off if I can't get this ^ to work.
    Isn't there an "import pack" you download via the in game add ons bit supposedly?
  • Humperfunk 28 Nov 2013 14:10:11 2,242 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Apparently there should be but everytime I select it, it says that there are no packs available :(

PSN, XBL & NNID: Wedjwants

• mcmothercruncher 28 Nov 2013 14:11:59 7,069 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @muddyyfunster
    There's no particular issue with the Squiers- they're decent enough low level guitars. Similarly, older guitars really, unless they're especially cheap and old. It sounds like you need to adjust either your intonation- if the note recognition seems to go off as you go up the neck- or your pickups- if the game seems to struggle to recognise strings on one side or t'other.
    Neither difficult to- I can walk you through it if you need.
  • Nazo 28 Nov 2013 14:21:50 354 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Humperfunk wrote:
    That's worrying, Ubi forums seem to suggest it's fixed now. It'll be the first thing I try when I get mine.
  • Dave_McCoy 28 Nov 2013 14:23:21 2,775 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Still waiting for the postie to turn up with this. Was expected yesterday so I thought for sure today...no postie...unless he's *very* lazy.

Was looking forward to giving it a try on my day off today :(
  • RichieTenenbaum 1 Dec 2013 14:03:56 2,209 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Got this on Friday. It's a massive improvement on the original. I would suggest anyone wanting to learn guitar should try this.
  • kinky_mong 1 Dec 2013 14:34:13 10,276 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I got around the import issue by putting my main Rocksmith 2014 save on the cloud, then loading up the game and selecting the harddrive as the save location. It makes the game think you've only just started so brings up the option to import the first game songs again. Then once they're downloaded just put your old save back in the hard drive.

This was on the 360 version but it should work on the PS3 too if you can move the save data onto a different device.

All the eurogamers who actually play with each other on xbl rather than just post pseudointellectual pc handwringing bollocks on the forums, love the shit out of biggy.

• Nazo 1 Dec 2013 15:08:19 354 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Fortunately I got the option to import with no issues. It seems better in a lot of ways but the lessons seem a bit all over the place, it's not always obvious what it wants you to do next or why and it doesn't seem to build up in a progressive way.

And why is telling me to do a drop D tuning lesson already when I've only just started?
  • StixxUK 2 Dec 2013 09:09:07 7,255 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Playing 2014 on PC is a world away from the original game on PS3.

Almost no lag, miniscule loading times and a streamlined interface. Also seems much better at actually recognising notes correctly.

I never played the original much due to the faff of setting it up but this I can see myself getting guitar hero levels of obsessed with.

If anyone has a realtone cable from the first game on console, grab this on PC. It was on sale on Steam yesterday don't know if it still is...
  • estoo 2 Dec 2013 10:45:00 2,820 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Do you need the actual official cable for this or will it recognize guitar coming in through a USB mixer used for DAW software?
    I suspect I already know the answer but thought I'd ask rather than spunk away more money for no reason...
  • StixxUK 2 Dec 2013 10:59:46 7,255 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    No idea, but on a similar note I wonder if you can use the realtone cable with other amp modeling software...

Edit: bit of googling says yes!

Edited by StixxUK at 11:39:08 02-12-2013
  • Red_Bool 2 Dec 2013 12:06:11 1,173 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    One thing that I really miss, compared to the original, is the replay feature. I.e. the getting to listen back to how crap you really are at the end of the song :). The original Rocksmith had this, but 2014 seems to be missing it (or have I overlooked a menu setting?)
  • kinky_mong 2 Dec 2013 12:07:42 10,276 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    One thing that is perplexing me, the game often comes with a hint to check the Chord Book to practice some chords, yet I can not find this Chord Book anywhere?

• StixxUK 2 Dec 2013 12:35:33 7,255 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I think there's a section called tools or something, it's in there.

Really you should be able to click on the hint and it should take you there...
  • Page

of 20 First / Last