Rocksmith Page 16

• Page

of 20 First / Last

• DUFFMAN5 2 Jun 2013 11:44:59 14,965 posts
    Seen 33 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    brokenkey wrote:
    So have any of you guys learnt from scratch with this game?
    It is not the game/tool for that. You should have a very basic knowledge and be able to strum a chord or two.

"Duffman the grey is thrusting in the direction of the problem! Oh, yeah!"

• kinky_mong 3 Jun 2013 10:22:19 10,432 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    brokenkey wrote:
    So have any of you guys learnt from scratch with this game?
    I have pretty much (did play Rock Band 3's Pro mode a bit before but found it incredibly frustrating) and it's been a great tool for learning and most importantly fun.

All the eurogamers who actually play with each other on xbl rather than just post pseudointellectual pc handwringing bollocks on the forums, love the shit out of biggy.

• DUFFMAN5 26 Jul 2013 10:04:04 14,965 posts
    Seen 33 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    For anyone that missed the bundle pack for this, the 2014 edition is on Amazon pre order (Oct release) for £123. I have the original guitar bundle and it is rather lovely...and like rocking horse shit to buy now, so be warned :)

• AcidSnake 26 Jul 2013 10:07:28 7,285 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Have they mentioned if you can import the original library and DLC into the new game?

AcidSnake - He can't see your sig, avatar, images or vids and talks about himself in the third person because he's proper old-skool...UID 24017

• chopsen 26 Jul 2013 11:14:13 16,125 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    http://rocksmith.ubi.com/rocksmith/en-GB/returning-players/

What about the music you already have? We’re excited to announce that Rocksmith 2014 Edition is backwards compatible with your existing library of songs. Stay tuned for more details coming soon.
    You suck at google.
  • Red_Bool 26 Jul 2013 11:17:27 1,174 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    AcidSnake wrote:
    Have they mentioned if you can import the original library and DLC into the new game?
    I was wondering the same thing...

Also: That Sigur Ros song 'Goobledigook' is the MOST.ANNOYING.SONG.EVER!
    It's one of the few song where I actually agreed with my wife that it was just horrible to listen to (besides my normal horrible guitar playing of course ;)) - Worst of all, you have to learn it up to a level to progress :(

Edit: Thanks @Chopsen for writing that while I was typing my rant :D

Edited by Red_Bool at 11:18:32 26-07-2013
  • AcidSnake 26 Jul 2013 11:30:58 7,285 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Chopsen wrote:
    http://rocksmith.ubi.com/rocksmith/en-GB/returning-players/

What about the music you already have? We’re excited to announce that Rocksmith 2014 Edition is backwards compatible with your existing library of songs. Stay tuned for more details coming soon.
    You suck at google.
    It's a bit vague about the songs on disk though...
    /hides in shame because of crippling googlexia

@Red_Bool:
    Why not just change the setlist and throw the song out? I've been doing that to some songs where you have to play chords on the bass...

AcidSnake - He can't see your sig, avatar, images or vids and talks about himself in the third person because he's proper old-skool...UID 24017

• Red_Bool 26 Jul 2013 11:54:32 1,174 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    AcidSnake wrote:
    @Red_Bool:
    Why not just change the setlist and throw the song out? I've been doing that to some songs where you have to play chords on the bass...
    You can change the setlist...? Doh! :)
  • kinky_mong 26 Jul 2013 12:04:38 10,432 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I hope the menus have been giving an overhaul for the next game, especially not defaulting to the journey each time you back out of something. Getting sick of hearing the same shitty Strokes song that I can't qualify on every time I try and select anything different.

All the eurogamers who actually play with each other on xbl rather than just post pseudointellectual pc handwringing bollocks on the forums, love the shit out of biggy.

• Rusty_M 26 Jul 2013 12:18:11 4,763 posts
    Seen 33 seconds ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    A sequel yay! This game is a lot of fun although somewhat useless.

The world is going mad. Me? I'm doing fine.

• mcmothercruncher 7 Aug 2013 09:37:11 7,212 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Interview- sounds good, the treacle like menus just kill me every time I try to get into the game, good that it has been sped up. SOme interesting dynamic stuff too- I skim read a bit, but are they suggesting some sort of "jam" scenario?
  • AcidSnake 7 Aug 2013 11:10:37 7,285 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    My changes:

Indeed, not having to tune every three seconds would be good...

Arranging setlist not only by points needed and such but also their tuning...

Turning off Master mode encore, I know I was very good at a song but that was because you showed me the notes! When it was just the 2 songs I'd aced (Song 2 and where's my mind) I could study up prior to the gig and be slightly prepared, but now I've aced a few most gigs just end with a silent audience and me hitting random notes for the duration of a song...

Faster menus and faster boot...

When you pause a track it tells you what section you're currently in so you can practice that section later without having to guess if you were playing chorus 4 or bridge 3...

Infinitely repeating leveler, accelerator and free speed thing, not attached to "lives"...

An option to skip straight to 4 seconds prior to the first bit that I actually have to play...I don't want to listen to the same intro with instruments I don't have when I restart a song...

A way to order songs faster...Maybe pressing up and down to change letter and left right to flick through the songs instead of having one huge list...

• kinky_mong 7 Aug 2013 11:26:24 10,432 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Goodfella wrote:
    Provide an option to get rid of the fucking guitar tuner every fucking time I start a song!
    I agree with nearly all of those improvements, but I think that one will is a necessary evil for the game to actually work properly. It is really annoying when you have to go through that tuner on every section when you trying to practice separate bits of a song!

• Red_Bool 7 Aug 2013 12:07:22 1,174 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I also agree with those improvements mentioned above, although I don't have that much of an issue with the tuner at the start. Even my crappy 99 euro plywood guitar (Dean Evo XM) stays in tune quite well, so it's just a matter of hitting 6 strings and off I go :D

What I do have an issue with is indeed the menu structuring, and how it throws you back to a menu where you don't want to be when you just want to repeat what you were practicing.
  • Cappy 7 Aug 2013 12:50:43 12,024 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Better menus and interface etc. would be appreciated in the sequel.

Oh...

And X-Rated backstage groupie mini-games/scenes depending on performance and level of fame, we want the full on rock star experience*. :D

*Or not if they're creepy like audience.
  • TFM_Excalibur 18 Oct 2013 19:15:27 1,064 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Anyone getting 2014? i'll have a spare solus copy i'll be selling with whatever dlc comes with it for £25 on 360
  • DUFFMAN5 18 Oct 2013 19:23:12 14,965 posts
    Seen 33 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    @TFM_Excalibur
    I was going to get it (as you know) and still might at some point but want to concentrate on classical playing and learning at the mo.

• GuiltySpark 18 Oct 2013 19:23:46 6,421 posts
    Seen 17 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I can't seem to find a clear answer to this, but with the original Rocksmith, can you download the bass component for free?

Get bent.

• DUFFMAN5 18 Oct 2013 19:26:13 14,965 posts
    Seen 33 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    @GuiltySpark
    Not too sure if it is free. I can load up this weekend and see if I can get you an answer

• Red_Bool 18 Oct 2013 19:44:38 1,174 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @GuiltySpark - The European version comes with the bass component out of the box.
  • GuiltySpark 18 Oct 2013 19:58:01 6,421 posts
    Seen 17 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Ah it's not free. $9.99, serves me right for importing the American version so quick.

Get bent.

• Dave_McCoy 19 Oct 2013 02:27:36 2,787 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I'll certainly be getting a solus copy. Looking forward to it releasing next week. Session mode looks quite fun.
  • yj0002 19 Oct 2013 02:46:47 1 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    @Pinky_Floyd
    This is Jenny from Huangyan Xinqian Yingjia Metal Product Factory.We are specializing in making various kinds of trailer parts in China.Such as Hinge,Door lock,Cable clamp,Hook,Lashing rings,Door holder,Bumper,Ratchet, Aluminium,Roller,Seal,Corner fitting,Refrigerator van parts,etc.We are a manufacture which is a big,famouse and specialized.We sincerely hope to cooperate with you in future and establish a long-term business relationship.
    If you are interested in our products,pls contact us as following,

Company name: Huangyan Xinqian Yingjia Metal Product Factory
    Add: No.24 Xinyu Rd.,Xinqian Industrial Area,Huangyan District,Taizhou City,Zhejiang Province,China
    Tel: 0576-84355185-807 0576-84352939-807
    Mobile: 86-13957619368
    Fax: 0576-84358036
    QQ: 2209094790
    Email:yingjiajinshu@vip.163.com; 13957619368@139.com
    MSN:zhaozhidan@hotmail.com
  • Rusty_M 19 Oct 2013 13:44:57 4,763 posts
    Seen 33 seconds ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I'm really tempting to get Rocksmih 2, but not sure whether to get a console or PC version (the first suffers from some lag on PC)

The world is going mad. Me? I'm doing fine.

• FuzzyDuck 19 Oct 2013 19:03:44 4,332 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Looks a lot better than the first game and with a much improved tracklist too.
  • mcmothercruncher 19 Oct 2013 19:42:16 7,212 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Not up to speed on this- can you buy a disc only version and use the original lead that came with 1?
  • DUFFMAN5 19 Oct 2013 20:32:51 14,965 posts
    Seen 33 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    @mcmothercruncher
    Yes

• Page

of 20 First / Last