Rocksmith Page 10

• Page

of 20 First / Last

• Red_Bool 14 Nov 2012 15:37:40 1,173 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @kinky_mong - Actually you can buy quite some tracks individually (or in threes). Unfortunately the classic rock bundle is a collection of tracks that are not sold separately - a couple of them I would have bought individually without a 2nd thought (bohemain rhapsody, more than a feeling, freebird :)). At 2400 moonpoints, I'm a bit hesitant.
  • Dave_McCoy 14 Nov 2012 15:51:21 2,774 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    There were a bunch of DLC tracks on launch in the UK sold seperately or in threes, but since then it's been Classic Rock Pack at 2400 points and this week's Alt Rock Pack...at 2400 points.

Both have tracks on that I'd have bought in smaller bundles like the US releases were but, as Red_Bool says, I'm a bit hesitant at that price for the lot.
  • Petulant_Radish 23 Nov 2012 15:24:09 603 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    This has just arrived for me, now I need to go and dig out my electric guitar from my parents house and bring it home to annoy my wife who thought she'd seen the back of it.

Is it a plug and play jobbie or does it need an extensive set up for everything to work ok?
  • Chopsen 23 Nov 2012 15:26:04 15,885 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    You just need the USB cable. One end in the guitar, the other in the USB port. I think it even explicitly says don't plug in any effects etc. Wroedk 1st time for me, no need for drivers etc (this was on PC)
  • Petulant_Radish 23 Nov 2012 15:36:51 603 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Good to hear, cheers, mines on the Xbox and it came with the cable as well so hopefully it'll work as well. looking forward to this!
  • Red_Bool 23 Nov 2012 18:23:41 1,173 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @Petulant_Radish - as long as your guitar's not broken you'll be making noise in no time :) The first you start it'll run you through a basic setup check (guitar volume, tuning)
  • buggrit 24 Nov 2012 12:36:22 5,178 posts
    Seen 9 months ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    The ONE gotcha is that you definitely need to run the audio through either optical or analogue cables to a separate source - the delay through HDMI is insane and unplayable.
    In other news - my fingers really bloody hurt now.
  • Red_Bool 24 Nov 2012 13:42:31 1,173 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    buggrit wrote:
    The ONE gotcha is that you definitely need to run the audio through either optical or analogue cables to a separate source - the delay through HDMI is insane and unplayable.
    In other news - my fingers really bloody hurt now.
    Actually that depends on your TV. I checked the delay through my TV and my stereo (using the settings menu) and there was no difference. Also, if your TV can do full-hd motion compensation then you might want to switch that off.

Personally I don't have any problems with my fingers, but with my right elbow and shoulder - I tend to tense up too much :)
  • buggrit 24 Nov 2012 13:45:52 5,178 posts
    Seen 9 months ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @Red_Bool Eh, I'm better off running it through my stereo in any case :D
    It's pretty mental how much more bothered I am about playing guitar again already, actually - knowing where my weaknesses are more clearly is a great motivator. Wondering if I can get any more Rocksmith in today or if my fingers are just too sore...
  • Red_Bool 24 Nov 2012 13:51:35 1,173 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @buggrit - agree. This is one game that needs to be played with the volume UP (preferably to 11 ;)) through a decent amplifier :D
  • Rusty_M 25 Nov 2012 12:22:56 4,658 posts
    Seen 25 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    So does an optical cable reduce the lag? I think I have one lying around somewhere, so should be able to connect it to my amp using that instead of HDMI.

The world is going mad. Me? I'm doing fine.

• buggrit 26 Nov 2012 00:11:03 5,178 posts
    Seen 9 months ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Rusty_M wrote:
    So does an optical cable reduce the lag? I think I have one lying around somewhere, so should be able to connect it to my amp using that instead of HDMI.
    It certainly does for me :)
  • Petulant_Radish 26 Nov 2012 13:49:41 603 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @Red_Bool The guitar works on treble only for some reason so I'm having my pick up switch changed tomorrow (Can't be bothered doing it myself!) but man this game is good but ramps up the difficulty quickly. Just as I was getting okay it's like BOOM and I'm like a lost puppy again.

Still, practice makes perfect and it's quite nice to have my fingers hurting again...only a matter of time till the callous is back!
  • Petulant_Radish 26 Nov 2012 13:51:17 603 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @Goodfella I blamed 'storage issues' but in actual fact I just forgot about it...strangely the case smelt of sick...wonder what my folks have been doing with it!

The Mrs, predictably, told me to turn it down/ turn the bass down. I now use headphones!
  • Petulant_Radish 26 Nov 2012 14:46:40 603 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @Goodfella Yeah I noticed it going back to simpler one note arrangements, but it threw me with throwing in hammer-ons and slides when I wasn't expecting them, it's been a long time since I played like that!
  • Popzeus 26 Nov 2012 15:09:56 8,300 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    The cable's great. I bought this on 360 mainly to get the cable for use with GarageBand on my Mac, it does a sterling job.

Haven't actually played the game yet, though - must get round to it...

Currently playing: Standing In A Car Park Simulator 2013

• Rusty_M 26 Nov 2012 15:20:35 4,658 posts
    Seen 25 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    So the cable works with some other software?

The world is going mad. Me? I'm doing fine.

• Red_Bool 26 Nov 2012 15:42:43 1,173 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Petulant_Radish wrote:
    @Red_Bool The guitar works on treble only for some reason so I'm having my pick up switch changed tomorrow (Can't be bothered doing it myself!) but man this game is good but ramps up the difficulty quickly. Just as I was getting okay it's like BOOM and I'm like a lost puppy again.

Still, practice makes perfect and it's quite nice to have my fingers hurting again...only a matter of time till the callous is back!
    The difficulty curve could indeed be a little more gradual - as soon as it sees that your hitting the notes it will give you a load more. Higher ground is a good example of this :) The riff machine really helps on parts where you're struggling - the speed variant (the last in the list I believe) is very good, starting at a slow speed and gradually increasing when you get it right.
  • crispyduckman 26 Nov 2012 15:43:13 1,856 posts
    Seen 26 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Cable apparently works with the iPad (with camera connector). If so, it's the cheapest way to get digital guitar into the device. Although I expect the Apogee Jam is better.

Btw, anyone else have to break/remove the 360 a/v cable plastic housing to be able to plug it in at the same time as the hdmi? They don't mention that on the back of the box!

edit: It might not be THE cheapest as there are a few USB audio interfaces that will work with the camera kit. But it's one of the cheapest and obviously very portable, which is probably useful for iPad use.

edit2: okay, strictly speaking the Agogee Jam is cheaper than a standard retail priced copy of rocksmith and an official apple camera connector.

Edited by crispyduckman at 15:45:41 26-11-2012

Edited by crispyduckman at 16:47:54 26-11-2012

PSN/XBL/Steam/Origin: crispyduckman

• Popzeus 26 Nov 2012 15:49:21 8,300 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Rusty_M wrote:
    Yup. Can only personally vouch for GarageBand myself, but assume it works for most PC stuff as well.

Currently playing: Standing In A Car Park Simulator 2013

• crispyduckman 26 Nov 2012 16:44:14 1,856 posts
    Seen 26 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Popzeus wrote:
    Rusty_M wrote:
    Yup. Can only personally vouch for GarageBand myself, but assume it works for most PC stuff as well.
    As far as I know, the ASIO4ALL drivers work with it for Windows. Don't know how the lack of audio out is dealt with though. Presumably, you need to install the ASIO drivers for your onboard card too. (This, my friends, is a genuine bona fide non-fanboy area where Macs are actually better than PCs.)

If anyone wants to try it, I recommend using Reaper for a good cheap Windows DAW. It also has a fully functioning demo/free licence to test things out.

PSN/XBL/Steam/Origin: crispyduckman

• Petulant_Radish 26 Nov 2012 16:54:27 603 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Red_Bool wrote:
    The riff machine really helps on parts where you're struggling - the speed variant (the last in the list I believe) is very good, starting at a slow speed and gradually increasing when you get it right.
    I only found this after quite a few goes on the songs, it does help quite a bit actually!
  • Beetroot_Bertie 26 Nov 2012 19:43:57 292 posts
    Seen 3 weeks ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @Popzeus - How does Rocksmith compare with the free lessons in GarageBand?

I'm currently doing the basic ones (up to Major Barre Chords at mo) and they seem pretty good for a beginner like myself, especially since I've been slack trying to get some real lessons.
  • Red_Bool 19 Dec 2012 11:03:26 1,173 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Free christmas songs!! Link is to Dutch Xbox site, but you'll get the idea ("GRATIS"(NL) == "FREE"(EN) ;))

And what's even better: The songs from the classic rock pack are now also available separately! a.o. Bohemian Rhapsody, Smoke on the water and More than a feeling :D It looks like songs from all the songpacks are now available separately.

How are people getting along with this btw? The thread's been a bit quite of late...

Edited by Red_Bool at 11:19:16 19-12-2012
  • Dave_McCoy 19 Dec 2012 18:56:23 2,774 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    The packs have been split? Finally..might get some now. Foo Fighters content has been added, definitely want!

Going to get back in to this when I have a few days off. I'll have a look at the free song too.
  • DUFFMAN5 19 Dec 2012 19:48:52 14,607 posts
    Seen 12 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    @Red_Bool
    Need to get back into it asap... :)

"Duffman the grey is thrusting in the direction of the problem! Oh, yeah!"

• Page

of 20 First / Last