Fifa/EA Servers Leaving XBLA/PSN Accounts Open To Hacking Page 2

• Page

of 8 First / Last

• trjp 16 Nov 2011 16:13:42 19 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    mad_caddy wrote:
    the biggest problem here is that people have figured out that you can change Ms points into real money through EA micro transactions, they buy a load of points and then stuff for the game, trade them off and then sell them or trade them. it's fucking dirty if you ask me.
    I've no idea what these "Premium Gold Packs" are as I don't play FIFA, but how would someone convert a stack of those on my account into money for them?
  • phoopipe 16 Nov 2011 16:24:47 1,409 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    trjp wrote:
    mad_caddy wrote:
    the biggest problem here is that people have figured out that you can change Ms points into real money through EA micro transactions, they buy a load of points and then stuff for the game, trade them off and then sell them or trade them. it's fucking dirty if you ask me.
    I've no idea what these "Premium Gold Packs" are as I don't play FIFA, but how would someone convert a stack of those on my account into money for them?
    The packs contain players that they can sell on an in game style marketplace, They can then sell the coins for real money on ebay.

The buyer pays cash then puts up a player for sale ingame thats worth nothing and the seller buys him for x-amount of coins

They go for decent money.
  • Gartt 16 Nov 2011 16:25:57 1,748 posts
    Seen 41 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I saw UT squads going for well over 100 on ebay last year. Its stupid.
  • phoopipe 16 Nov 2011 16:30:03 1,409 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    The last time i checked 1 million coins was 50 :/ not bad for what would take no more than an hours "work" with what seems like zero risk of prosecution.
  • phoopipe 16 Nov 2011 16:48:33 1,409 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Quick ebay search shows one seller with.
    1 x 1 million coins 90
    8 x 300,000 coins 35 each.
    3 x 100,000 coins 15 each

Anybody that has played ultimate team can tell you that earning that amount of coins legit is going to take a huge amount of time and effort.

Luckily i had no money in the bank when they attempted to buy points on my account but the problem was not caused by phishing im 100% certain.
  • leatherytaint 17 Nov 2011 16:11:07 1 posts
    Seen 3 years ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Happened to me too. They got 1000 points and then tried to get 5000 more but microsoft blocked it. Cunts.
  • trjp 18 Nov 2011 18:37:04 19 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    But how do they move DLC from 'my' account to theirs?

Surely when you buy these packs you need to trade them from the 'hacked' account - and in most cases those of us who are hacked will respond quickly and change passwords etc. etc??
  • Chris1810 18 Nov 2011 19:03:02 91 posts
    Seen 3 years ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Guess what??? My account has been bloody hacked!! spoke to MS & they said they need to "investigate"

Problem i have is my email addy is not a valid windows live id seemingly.............so a question guys how he hell do i recover my GT?
  • Psychotext 18 Nov 2011 19:08:35 54,301 posts
    Seen 23 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    You probably just tried to log in after they had already locked up the account... hence the error message.
  • Chris1810 18 Nov 2011 19:23:29 91 posts
    Seen 3 years ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Psychotext wrote:
    You probably just tried to log in after they had already locked up the account... hence the error message.
    Na it was before i phoned them it was saying it. Hope my GT isnt lost forever
  • Psychotext 18 Nov 2011 20:16:31 54,301 posts
    Seen 23 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Well, if they believed you enough to start the investigation then I@m sure they'll believe you enough to fix your email address.
  • Chris1810 18 Nov 2011 20:46:23 91 posts
    Seen 3 years ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Fingers crossed. Do you know if EA online pass is linked to GT or the console? I might create a new GT to game this month
  • Psychotext 18 Nov 2011 21:20:59 54,301 posts
    Seen 23 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I'd have thought the gamertag, though I'm no more than 90% sure.
  • Chris1810 18 Nov 2011 22:29:03 91 posts
    Seen 3 years ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Psychotext wrote:
    I'd have thought the gamertag, though I'm no more than 90% sure.
    Just created a new GT, it seems as thought its the console/EA account. So just lost all my ranking up on BF3 :mad:
  • Psychotext 19 Nov 2011 00:40:53 54,301 posts
    Seen 23 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Your EA account can only be linked to one gamertag surely?
  • trjp 19 Nov 2011 01:50:10 19 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Just a reminder - MS claim this hack comes as a result of people guessing your 'secret question' - if they do that they can reset your password and you DO NOT GET EMAILLED about that...

If this happens, your first reaction is to change your password but a lot of people don't change their secret question - which is a kind-of a mistake if that's what they're guessing :)
  • phoopipe 19 Nov 2011 03:29:56 1,409 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    trjp wrote:
    But how do they move DLC from 'my' account to theirs?

Surely when you buy these packs you need to trade them from the 'hacked' account - and in most cases those of us who are hacked will respond quickly and change passwords etc. etc??
    They have a player from Hartlepool (or any random worthless card) up for trade on there account and offer a swap from your account for every card thats worth coins (you can swap multiple cards for one) then accept the trade on there account.

This is purely guess work, but if i was a shady horrible little cunt thats how id do it.
  • Chris1810 19 Nov 2011 09:24:43 91 posts
    Seen 3 years ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Psychotext wrote:
    Your EA account can only be linked to one gamertag surely?
    Nope... Well my origin one for BF3 now isn't. When you go on battlelog at the top it lets me rotate between my GT & my new GT
  • DiSC0_JeRk 19 Nov 2011 11:36:04 131 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    trjp wrote:
    Just a reminder - MS claim this hack comes as a result of people guessing your 'secret question' - if they do that they can reset your password and you DO NOT GET EMAILLED about that...

If this happens, your first reaction is to change your password but a lot of people don't change their secret question - which is a kind-of a mistake if that's what they're guessing :)
    That's BS from MS. My account got Fifa'd three weeks ago and there is absolutely no chance anyone could have guessed my details. Every password I used was unique to Live and my secret stuff was random letters and numbers.

MS have a bigger problem than they're willing to admit to. And locking victims accounts for a month while they "investigate" is a fucking disgrace.
  • trjp 20 Nov 2011 02:17:18 19 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    It's way more than a month - my account was locked for 3 weeks before I was called to say I'd given the wrong Console Serial Number (which I hadn't).

When I told confirmed it was the right serial, they said they'd re-open the case and FOUR weeks after that they emailled to say they'd concluded there had been "no fraud" because the transactions had been "conducted on my console"!!

I called them and they've reopened the case AGAIN - by the time this comes to an end (whichever way it goes) it will have been anything from 10-12 weeks...

The guy really laid it on thick - "did I really want to have a locked account for another month or more?" "was I sure I'd not bought these items" - which is why I've decided to open a case with trading standards and see what I can stir with the press, because IMO MS are lying to customer and permitting large-scale fraud FAR worse than what happened to PSN.

My bank - who've already refunded the money - have said that they'd also like to look into this further as they've had "a lot of similar problems in a very short time" - overall I think it's time we lit a fire under Microsoft...
  • Psychotext 20 Nov 2011 02:33:12 54,301 posts
    Seen 23 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Mmm... trading standards. Not a bad idea.

Are Watchdog angry with MS lately? They usually are. Might want to give them a try.
  • trjp 21 Nov 2011 11:41:39 19 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I've just spent 45 mins talking with my bank's fraud team. They're quite interested in what I've dug up (here and elsewhere) and have asked me to copy it over to them.

When I told them that Microsoft told me to contact my bank "if I wanted my money back sooner rather than later" they appears to show even MORE interest.

No idea what sort of power the banks can wield but I do think it's time we brought attention to this because I've mentioned it on a few forums and it never takes more than an hour to find someone who's been affected by it...

End of the day, I reckon a lot of people (mostly parents) will have been ripped-off in this way and not even noticed - it's likely to be a LOT of money MS are making at their expense - and the fact they're just blaming us an saying it's not an issue suggests their attitude towards security is sub-Sony level...
  • warlockuk 21 Nov 2011 12:50:28 19,180 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I think my xbox serial shows on the account page... I'm wondering if someone could use a hacked box, set the serial to the one shown online, log in and then do some fraud actions one one...

...so MS then think it's legit from your box...?

I'm a grumpy bastard.

• trjp 21 Nov 2011 12:57:22 19 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    One thing I forgot to mention, I don't play XBOX online so my console has zero friends assigned - and after the hack I had a 1 friend - I guess that will be whoever they traded the cards/points to?

I deleted them but it was something like LUFC and some random numbers and they were CONSTANTLY online and playing FIFA - apparently...

If you've been hacked, have a peek at your friends list - they'll probably be in there too...
  • Psychotext 22 Nov 2011 01:21:32 54,301 posts
    Seen 23 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Finally some mainstream attention...

http://www.politicshome.com/uk/article/40110/the_sun_tuesday_22nd_november_2011.html
  • phoopipe 22 Nov 2011 01:42:47 1,409 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Why the fucking fuck are we not asked to put the security number from the back of the debit/credit card every time we want to buy points ?

Surely thats the first simple step ?

I cant even delete my card details untill Febuary !!
  • Psychotext 22 Nov 2011 01:51:41 54,301 posts
    Seen 23 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    If you call them they can delete it right now... but that aside, why? I was able to delete my card online just fine.
  • Syrette 22 Nov 2011 01:58:01 43,594 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    phoopipe wrote:
    Why the fucking fuck are we not asked to put the security number from the back of the debit/credit card every time we want to buy points ?
    Because that's not a completely common practice?

Most e-retailers I've come across don't ask for your CVV again once you've made an initial transaction. Sites like Amazon let you order stuff with just one click, if you so choose.

edit; more importantly, what is Jennifer Lopez wearing there?

Edited by Syrette at 02:00:27 22-11-2011

• phoopipe 22 Nov 2011 09:31:35 1,409 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Psychotext wrote:
    If you call them they can delete it right now... but that aside, why? I was able to delete my card online just fine.
    They wont delete it untill my sub has expired, I topped up my account with the 'month for a quid' offer and despite the money been taken instantly they count it as a rolling sub.

I actually thought that the cvv was common ? everywhere i shop online asks for it but i probably dont use as many sites as the majority.

Still wouldnt hurt to have it as an option imo.
  • phoopipe 22 Nov 2011 09:42:44 1,409 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @syrette i misread what you said.

I actually only use itunes and Xbox live and neither use the cvv code.

Fair point.
  • Page

of 8 First / Last