Have to put my dog down.

• Page

of 5 First / Last

Previous
  • Jacksie66 9 Oct 2011 23:39:05 574 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Anyways, have my dog Max for nearly 15 years now. Recently his health is gone to the dogs (excuse the pun, just tryin to cheer myself up). So we've made the decision to bring him to the vet tomoro and put him to sleep. I got him when I was 9 and im 24 now so its like losin a brother. Im in fuckin bits over him... Anyone else go through the same thing and howd ye cope? Cheers guys.
  • azic 9 Oct 2011 23:51:57 10 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I'm so sorry for you. Ive just got to 2 kittens and I love them to bits.
    I've haven't lost a pet, but I can only imagine what your going through.

Just think, he will be free running with his new found friends at the "Rainbow bridge" strong and new again, no more pain.

If you believe in anything remotely religious then trust that he will await you, and one day you will be with him again.

Take it easy mate, I can't tell you I know how you feel, but I feel for you bud.

• Pinky_Floyd 9 Oct 2011 23:52:14 8,255 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Taxidermy isn't cheap but you will be glad you did.

/cuddles 'snowy'
  • L_Franko Moderator 9 Oct 2011 23:58:05 9,697 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Mate, sorry to hear that it really does knock you on your arse. i had two dogs one from a very early age that was the same age as me as god parents gave her to me as a gift to grow up with. She turned into my body guard and never left my said for just under 16 years. Old age took her and it was not a nice time to go through but it is just the age old 'time is a healer' thing unfortunately. you'll always remember though.
    Second was a dog we got when i was about 10 and he had a heart attack infront of me when i was about 18. 30 this month and not had a dog since but as soon as i get a bigger place to live it will be first thing on the list.
  • Razz 10 Oct 2011 00:12:08 61,585 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    ;____;

--------------------------------------------------------------------
    Steam/PSN/XBOX: Razztafarai | 3DS: 1246-9674-8856
    --------------------------------------------------------------------

• Collymilad 10 Oct 2011 00:13:53 1,266 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I had to put my dog down in January, he was called Max too.

Really sorry dude.
  • Raiko101 10 Oct 2011 00:14:52 6,577 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Sad news. I've got a 6 year old Rough Collie at the minute, but he's treading a fine line. Apparently, with age, some Rough Collies become unpredictable and randomly become aggressive. My sister, who my dog has shared a house with his whole life, has been bitten twice so far. Nothing too serious, thankfully, but it's advised that if Rough Collies do become unpredictable you should have them put down. We're just keeping our eye on him for the time being. 99% of the time he's the same old happy chap, but i'd feel like i'd lost a family member and long time friend if we had to put him down. Unlike most pets, dogs really do become part of the family.

:(

3DS: 4210 4002 8289 (Dave)
    Wii U: Raiko87 (Dave)
    Xbox Live: Raiko87

• Jacksie66 10 Oct 2011 00:21:22 574 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Cheers guys. Its gona be very tough. As I said hes like a brother to me. Always been there. Through my teenage years. I just dunno what im gona do with out him. Im bringin him to the vet tomoro. I wanna be with him and be the last face he sees when he drifts off....
  • Deleted user 10 October 2011 00:31:44
    The day my dog got put down was the saddest day of my life. i don't cry very often but I was in bits for months. I really miss the stupid thing.
  • Genji 10 Oct 2011 00:35:13 19,687 posts
    Seen 3 years ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    \|/ ////\\\
    ///////////// . .\\
    /////////////| * |\\
    //////////////|_/\_|\\
    ///////////////\ \/ /\\
    \||||||||||||||||||||\\

(this is supposed to be an ascii dog)

Dogs are awesome. Ours was 15 when we had to put her down. She could barely stand up. :(
  • andywilkie35 10 Oct 2011 00:38:07 5,338 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Sorry to hear that mate. Our dog is 11 and the vet reckons she's only got another few weeks in her. I will be in pieces when she goes :(

PSN ID & Xbox Gamertag: Wedjwants

• Deleted user 10 October 2011 00:39:05
    :'(

I hate these types of threads.
  • ecu 10 Oct 2011 00:39:59 77,229 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I know exactly how you feel. Nothing in my life so far has been as painful as when my childhood dog died. It's been 7 years now and I still miss her, still think about her too. Got a ton of great memories though.
  • Kosmoz 10 Oct 2011 00:43:40 7,734 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    We had a cat put down a few years ago. The poor thing went insane and started self harming. We took it to the vet and it got a cone put on it's head to stop it scratching, but in the 5 minute journey home it managed to pull the cone off it's head. Then it went deaf and there was nothing else worth doing.

Every girl I ever kissed I was thinking of a pro footballer.

• neilka 10 Oct 2011 00:47:46 16,450 posts
    Seen 12 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Genji wrote:
    \|/ ////\\\
    ///////////// . .\\
    /////////////| * |\\
    //////////////|_/\_|\\
    ///////////////\ \/ /\\
    \||||||||||||||||||||\\

(this is supposed to be an ascii dog)
    ...I'm afraid your ASCII dog is going to have to be put down.

BAAANG!!!!! EXPLOTION!!!!!

• Accordi0n 10 Oct 2011 00:48:59 1,075 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I dont like this game either
  • Jazzy_Geoff 10 Oct 2011 00:50:18 7,781 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    "you smell and you're a lot uglier than you used to be"
  • mrpon 10 Oct 2011 01:46:10 29,407 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    You've still got Zebedee though Genji.

Give yourself 5 or gig, you're worth it.

• Scurrminator 10 Oct 2011 01:58:39 8,455 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I love my little pug. He's brilliant. Coming up to three now. I dread his old age as the breeds many health problems means he will probably suffer this fate. I will cry a lot on that day :-(

You dare to strike Scurrcules!?

• Genji 10 Oct 2011 02:04:31 19,687 posts
    Seen 3 years ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Post deleted
  • glo 10 Oct 2011 11:16:38 3,434 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Had my greyhound put down back in february after he suffered a severe stroke. Very painful and I still get a lump in my throat thinking about it as I was there stroking his head as the injection was performed and he passed away.

As a typical, old-fashioned northerner I tried my best to be stoic about it all but did well up at the time and it took a few days to get over the initial grief. As others have said, the old chiche about 'time healing all wounds' is very true and I just have fond memories of him now.

After a few months to grieve I now have a new greyhound and will hopefully be getting another friend for him in the new year.

• Deleted user 10 October 2011 11:22:27
    I remember when my first Tamagotchi died :'(
  • woodnotes 10 Oct 2011 11:29:57 4,937 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Pinky_Floyd wrote:
    Taxidermy isn't cheap but you will be glad you did.

/cuddles 'snowy'
    Will you be getting taxidermied when you die?
  • MrE26 10 Oct 2011 12:29:45 1,971 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    It's awful. Had my last dog put down 6 years ago when he was 14. It felt like losing a family member (because it is, really), i was meant to take him but i just couldn't do it.

I was gutted when i got home & he was gone, & i remember the house feeling really empty for the first few days. Within a week i had a new puppy, same breed (rough collie) but a different colour. Felt a bit wrong at the time, almost like he was being replaced in a way, but the new one's awesome & i love him to pieces. Have loads of fond memories of his predecessor though, he was my childhood pet. I'm just dreading that day coming round again.
  • DUFFMAN5 10 Oct 2011 12:34:48 15,217 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Jacksie66 wrote:
    Anyways, have my dog Max for nearly 15 years now. Recently his health is gone to the dogs (excuse the pun, just tryin to cheer myself up). So we've made the decision to bring him to the vet tomoro and put him to sleep. I got him when I was 9 and im 24 now so its like losin a brother. Im in fuckin bits over him... Anyone else go through the same thing and howd ye cope? Cheers guys.

Yes mate many times (we had a lot of dogs) I had Bonnie for 14 years, she had to be put down, broke my heart, but you have to do what is best for your dog and not what is best for you. You obviously have wonderful memories and both got a brilliant and lovin' amount of years together. I was with Bonnie and more recently my lovely cat Tabby (17 years old)when they went to sleep, I was crying like a big girl, but you have to be with them if you are given a chance.
    All the best
    x

"Duffman the grey is thrusting in the direction of the problem! Oh, yeah!"

• Syrette 10 Oct 2011 12:35:53 44,085 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Major condolences to the OP.

• HelloNo 10 Oct 2011 12:36:25 1,225 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I'm so sorry to hear about this. When I was younger my pet rabbit was put down and that wasn't easy, must be 10x worse if you've got a dog. Remember that if he was that old he's had a long and happy life with you.

You feel sad now but you'll feel better eventually.
  • el_pollo_diablo 10 Oct 2011 12:50:08 2,136 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    My dog died about a month ago. My cat a week ago.

Aaargh. Just deleted the last part of my post because I'm starting to get upset again.
  • Page

of 5 First / Last

Previous